2005 LAGOON 440
€299,999 tax paid
Privately owned 3-cabin owner's boat
|Designer||Van Peteghem/Lauriot Prévost|
|New or Used||Used|
|Tax/VAT Status||Tax paid|
|Engine||2x Volvo D2-55 55hp|
|Keel Type||Fin Keel|
|Drinking Water Capacity||900l|
DescriptionTurn key to Med and Caribbean Italian based blue water cruising catamaran, Milos is a well maintained and fully equipped three cabins owner’s version of the famous Lagoon 440.
FURTHER BROKER’S COMMENTS:
Milos is a 3 Cabin Owner’s Version and well equipped for World Circumnavigation and self-reliant travel Lagoon 440. Milos is surely on top of more than 400 Lagoon 440 built from 2004 to 2010. She is equipped to be independent from the shore power and she benefit from a recent expenditure from the owner who upgrades the boat to be ready to long distance cruising with his family. Everything is ready on board Milos to for the big step for some years out in the blue.
Her inventory highlights are many and include:
• 3-cabin, 3-head interior layout
• 1440 Watts Solar Panels
• Wind generator
• Lithium batteries
• Stronghold solid stainless-steel railing Inox 90cm high, 3 rows railing
• Glas-windshield with aluminium frame at the helm
• Aluminium mast inspected in 2018
• 4kg washing machine – Dec. 2018
• BBQGas Grill
Located in Sicily, MILOS represents an immediate opportunity to buy an immensely practical and nicely-updated cruising catamaran.
*Milos is also available in US Dollars
“A 44 foot owner’s version at a very reasonable cost considering the history, condition and the upgrades. She offers immense space and all you need for comfortable Mediterranean or world cruising. The Lagoon 440 targets ocean cruisers with an emphasis on performance and ultra-comfort. A simple glace at the boat is enough to notice its main distinguishing characteristics: a rigid bimini, with an integral helm station, rigid railing, dingy davits and solar panels. Milos has the helm station at its ideal central location, with an extra-wide bench seat and double lounge cushion where guests can join the helmsman and participate in the joys of sailing.
Four private owners and never chartered. Proven vessel that has crossed the Atlantic twice. Located in Sicily. EU VAT is paid. US flag. Owned by American.
She is 100% independent from shore with: 1440 Watts Solar, Wind generator, Watermaker, 800 amp hrs of lithium batteries, 5000 watt inverter, tools, spare parts and fishing equipment are also on board.
She has been well maintained and regularly updated to be a heavy-duty blue water cruising yacht. The boat has a copper coat underside. Upgraded anchor, rigid life-lines, custom dingy davits, upgraded 4 electric harken winches.
We purchased in September 2018 and during the winter have prepared the boat for years of travel in the Med and Caribbean with 2 children, but our plans have changed, so she is ready for you to enjoy. We have just replaced all the cushions, serviced the sails, new mattresses, new batteries, and much more.”
The creation of Lagoon in 1984, which was originally the direct extension of JTA (Jeanneau Technologies Avancees), Jeanneau’s “competition” department (Pierre ler, Fleury Michon, etc). Lagoon also answered to unusual requests, such as the construction of the trimarans for the film Waterworld. In 1987 a first generation of catamarans was born with the Lagoon 55, 47, 57, and 67: owners’ boats for offshore cruising.
The Beneteau Group took over the Jeanneau shipyards in 1996 and handed over the development of the Lagoon brand, a legacy of its acquisition to Construction Navale Bordeaux. The use of high-tech composite was implemented in the shipyard.
From 1997, Lagoon established its identity, building more and more spacious and comfortable boats, while enhancing construction methods. During that period, the Lagoon 380, 410, 440, 470, 500 and 570 were launched. Further enhancements and refinements came in 2004 with the Lagoon 440 – the first catamaran with a “gull wing shape” nacelle, and the first catamaran under 45 feet with a flybridge. An unparalleled worldwide production record in the 45-foot range with 423 units produced.
The Lagoon range has continued to advance through to the current day adopting new technologies such as hybrid diesel/electric propulsion where it sees a benefit to its customers and the wider environment. All-in-all, Lagoon catamarans must be one of the most successful brands of multihulls for customers wishing to enjoy luxurious living combined with excellent sailing performance.
• Our understanding is that the vessel is CE certified for category A (unlimited ocean voyages).
Hull, Deck & Superstructure Construction:
• Hulls and decks are hand laid and then vacuum-bagged to ensure light weight and complete resin infusion.
• The deck is cored with balsa, and areas where deck hardware attaches are reinforced with solid glass Foam core composite hulls - white gel coat
• Solid glass FRP under waterline
• Closed-cell foam core is used above the waterline to minimize weight and provide extra stiffness.
• Solid or felt core composite interior FRP hull & roof liners
• FRP reinforced marine ply bulkheads; tabbed or glued to hull
Keel & Rudder:
• Twin sacrificial keels infused solid laminate
• Twin hung, foam sandwich fibreglass rudder blades with stainless steel rudder stock
• Epoxy rudder stock tubes.
• Self-aligning upper and lower bearings
Engine & gearbox:
• 2x Volvo Penta D2-55 4-cylinder naturally aspirated diesel engines producing 55hp each
• Fresh water engine cooling via raw water intake and heat exchangers
• Volvo sail drive gearboxes
• Access to engine compartment from transoms via hatches with stainless steel jacks
• Mechanical single lever gear/throttle controls at helm
• Engine compartments ventilation: Natural aeration and forced extraction in rear section
• Engine hours approximately 1,800 hours as of February 2019
• Engines last had a major service in December 2018
• Sail drives serviced in December 2018 – new rope cutter installed
Propulsion & Steering:
• Mechanic steering mechanism via cables
• Stainless steel hide-covered wheel
• Emergency steering.
• 2-blade propellers
• 24vDC domestic system with 220vAC system via shore-power or inverter. 110vAC conversion possible.
• 8x 100Ahm 12vDC Lithium batteries, 800 Amph at 12vDC and 400 Amph at 24vDC - 2018
Charging / Inverter:
• Victron 4 5000 Watt
• 12/24vDC backup charger
• 2x 12vDC 115amp each engine mounted alternators
• 6x 240 Watt Kyocera Solar Panels providing 1440 Watts Charging with 48 amps at 24 Volt (same like 96 amph. at 12 Volt if the sun is clear and high)
• 2 x Morningstar MPPT Solar charge controller for 3 Modules each (with remote control in the salon)
• 220vAC sockets and 12v sockets
• Whisper quiet wind generator
PLUMBING & GAS SYSTEMS
• Pressurised fresh water system with Jabsco dual redundant pump with accumulator tank - 2019
• Hot water supplied via engine-driven calorifier or via 220vAC immersion heater element in well-insulated hot water tank in port engine compartment.
• Hot & cold pressurised water supply throughout including cockpit shower.
• 2x manual bilge pumps
• 2x electric-manual bilge pumps
• 650 litres fuel capacity in 2x aluminium tanks with gauge at DC panel
• 900 litres fresh water capacity in 4x tanks with gauge
• 50 litres black water holding tank capacity
• Aquatech 50lt/h – new membrane ready to install
NAVIGATION & COMMUNICATION EQUIPMENT
At flybridge helm:
• Raymarine GPS C127MFD chart plotter
• Raymarine ST6001 autopilot control head
• Raymarine log speedometer
• Raymarine i60 wind, speed
• Steering compass
At chart table:
• Raymarine GPS C127MFD chart plotter
• Raymarine ST6001 autopilot control head
• Radar RD 424 HD
• SSB-Radio: ICOM IC-M803/Export + automatic Tuner IC AT-14
• SSB Ground Paint f. Earth 3 qm
• Glomex RA 700 7 meter antenna
• Pactor 4 Modem
• Windows PC and Windows tablet with waterproof case for weather and navigation
• AIS 640 (transmitter + receiver)
• 2x Raymarine VHF with 340E
• 2x handheld VHF Radios
• ENO Gas stove with 3-burners with oven and grill (propane)
• Portable 2-burners induction for the cockpit - 2019
• 2x 130 litre refrigerators
• Deep freezer
• 2 stainless steel sink with integrated dish drainage area
• Cutlery Drawers - full extension drawer guides
• Bread maker – Nov. 2018
• Electric kettle – Nov. 2018
• Toaster – Nov. 2018
• Led lights
• 3,5 kg propane tanks for Europe and 10 gallon propane tank for Carribean and U.S.
• 3x electric marine heads
• Hot & cold pressurised water supplies
• Shower cubicles
Summary of Accommodation:
• Owners Version layout
• Sleeps 6 in 3-double cabins plus additional space in the saloon
• Each of the 3 cabins has an en-suite heads.
• Joinery in the saloon and galley area refitted with the addition of mahogany edging
• New mattresses – 2018
• Light coloured worktops with matching upstands in galley with mahogany edging
• Indirect lighting in cabin and saloon
• New LED interior lighting – 2018
Accommodation Layout from Forward:
• Mirrored forward double cabin in the port side hull. Double berth with hanging lockers and further stowage.
• En-suite shower cubicles for both cabins in forepeaks
• En-suite heads for both cabin aft and outboard.
• Sliding door and window with aluminium locker for the access to the cockpit, can be locked open or closed.
• Varnished saloon coffee/card table
• L-shaped settee seating to starboard (providing additional occasional sleeping space)
• Large instrument console with panel to install electronics
• Desk with storage inside
• Storage locker and drawer
• L-shaped galley on portside
• 2 bowl inset stainless steel sink with hot & cold mixer tap
• Storage under sink
• Gas oven with four burners and grill
• Waste bin
• Pan storage
• Mirrored aft double cabins with cabin in each hull. Double berth with hanging lockers and further stowage.
• En-suite shower cubicles for both cabins amidships accessed through heads located forward of cabins.
• 19 m Deck-stepped aluminium anodised mast
• Fractional rig with two set of swept-back spreaders and jumper-struts
• Aluminium anodised boom (upgraded with Lagoon 450) - 2014
• Shrouds with chafeguards
• Foldable masts steps up to the top
• Halyard for ascending mast. Climbing harness
• Adjustable mainsheet track
• Stainless steel wire standing rigging – inspected in 2013 and defects addressed. Last inspection in September 2018
• Manual genoa jib furler
• Spinlock jammers
• Harken 2-speed self-tailing eletric winches positioned adjacent to helm
• Dacron fully batten mainsail
• Dacron furling genoa
• Furling Code0
• Stainless steel guard wire stanchions
• Bow pulpits
• Davits for tender
• Additional aft cockpit seating
• Mahogany edged cockpit table
• Large structural bimini above cockpit and helm station
• Boarding ladder
• Swim platform
• Cockpit shower
• Deck courtesy lights in cockpit
• Outboard bracket
Anchoring & Mooring:
• 12vDC electric Quick 2300W/24vDC reversing anchor windlass
• Anchor: Bügelanker 52 kg
• Spare Anchor 52 kg
• 100m 13mm Chain centrifuged -galavanized
• Mooring cleats
• Warps and fenders
• Swimming ladder
Covers, Cushions & Canvas:
• Cockpit, helm and forward cockpit cushions - 2019
• Covers for helm wheel, helm station and cockpit table
• Lazy bag
• Lazy jack
• Bimini top
• Sun Shades
Tender & Outboard:
• Zodiac 3.1m Hypalon - 2015
• 15hp outboard – 2018
General note on safety equipment: Any safety equipment such as life rafts, Epirbs, fire extinguishers and flares etc. are usually personal to the current owner(s) and if being left on-board as part of the sale of a used vessel may require routine servicing, replacement, or changing to meet a new owner’s specific needs.
• 8x lift vests (4 automatic inflation)
• 2x liferafts ZODIAC Open sea 6 person ISO9650/ISAF + Grab-bag & Second 6 person life-raft
• Bowline with drift anchor and 160 meters life-life
• Several maritime distress signals
Viewing arrangementsLying – Sicily, Italy
Available to view strictly by appointment
Office Hours Mon- Fri 0900 – 17.00
Saturday by prior appointment
For more information or to arrange a viewing please contact us.
Please Note: Due to the varying locations of our yachts, your travel time and the distances that may be involved, we recommend that you only make arrangements to view if you are actively considering purchase.
Lead Broker: Michele Antonini – Grabau International (Italia)
Tel: +39 333 74 89 281
Grabau International offers the details of all vessels in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information or warranty the condition of any vessel and the details do not constitute a part of any contract. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. All vessels are offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice. Grabau International provides professional yacht conveyancing and legal transfer of title for all yachts as per the ABYA Code of Practice with all deposit payments and final balance payments processed through secure dedicated client accounts solely for that purpose. Our dedicated client accounts are written in trust at Natwest Bank and we are fully insured.