2005 LATINI MARINE FARR 85 CUSTOM
€1,580,000 tax paid
Full carbon minimalist Farr superyacht
|Manufacturer/Model||Latini Marine Farr 85 Custom|
|Designer||Farr / Lazzarini & Pickering|
|New or Used||Used|
|Tax/VAT Status||Tax paid|
|Lying||Tyrrhenian Sea, Italy|
|Engine||Yanmar 6LPA=STP2 315hp|
|Hull Construction||Pre-preg carbon composite|
|Keel Type||Lifting keel|
|Drinking Water Capacity||1400l|
DescriptionFarr designed performance racer-cruiser in full pre-preg carbon composite with telescopic keel, push-button rig and 4-cabin plus crew quarter interior layout.
FURTHER BROKER’S COMMENTS:
Launched in 2005 to designs by Farr Yacht Design (Design no.535) and in collaboration with Lazzarinni Pickering Architetti, ROMA is a 25m high-tech and high-performance racer cruiser constructed in pre-preg carbon composites by well known Latini Marine in Rome with project management by naval architect Vittorio Mariani (one of the founder of the Vallicelli & C. Yacht Design).
Fitment of an APM telescopic t-bulb keel allows easy navigation into marinas and anchorages with 2.95m minimum draft, while extending to 4.55m to make maximum use of her powerful rig plan.
ROMA’s specification highlights include:-
• Full pre-preg carbon composite construction
• Twin titanium wheels
• APM telescopic bulbed keel with 2.95/4.55 m draft
• Southern Spars carbon fibre rig with racing carbon fibre boom
• Hydraulic push button control for rig
• Hydraulic and electric winches
• 315hp Yanmar diesel engine with shaft drive
• Retractable bowthruster
• Onan 17.5 generator
• Schenker watermakers
• Air-conditioning with two compressor
• 4-cabin plus crew interior layout
• Raymarine electronic package – 2020
• Tender and outboard engine
• Farr outboard sailing dinghy fitting in the garage tender
Farr Yacht Design, always known for our racing design shapes, but is less well know for our fast cruising designs. While we have created successful yachts for such prestigious yards as Baltic, Wally, Nauta, and others, we have done very few that will carry the Farr Yacht Design name and that have been developed using our totally integrated research and design approach…until now!
In early 2003 an Italian client and his project manager approached us. Their directive, "create for us a fast yet elegant performance cruising and racing design of approximately 86' in length".
What is evolving is our design 535. There have been many attempts by others at this size of yacht, but our client felt that most were lacking in elegance above the waterline. His directive was to create a vision that was not broken up by combings and overly aggressive deck saloon type styling that seems to dominate today's designs arena. Sleek, simple, and elegant were our marching orders.
The staff at Farr Yacht Design has attacked this eagerly and what is developing promises to be a yacht of uncompromising beauty not only in front of the fleet but at the dock as well.
Key features of the yacht will include a lifting keel with a minimum 2.9-meter depth, a five stateroom layout, and a signature Farr Yacht Design hull shape that guarantees performance.
The attached preliminary rendering images are our attempt to capture your request for a simple, clean, and elegant fast cruising yacht. Our preliminary concept pulls heavily from modern race boat design in its sheer line, stem slope, and overhangs. The deck in profile is sleek and well blended with its parent hull shape. On deck, clean rounded shapes are blended to enclose two cockpit areas while maintaining common styling character throughout.
At the front of the yacht we've started with a stem slope and knuckle shape derived in basic proportion from recent racing boat projects. We've combined that stem with a sleek and elegant sheer line capable of producing the target headroom dimensions. The sheer line and stem have been rounded with a generous radius continuing the hull-coloring scheme up around the deck edge for an integrated and aerodynamic look. At the aft end of the boat we've combined a generous overhang with a clean and simple sloped cylindrical transom.
On deck we've started with moderate deck camber, which balances well with the basic curvature of the hull topsides. We've added to that camber a sleek and simple cabin geometry intended to house dodgers, halyard line tunnels, hydraulic headsail control systems, and other equipment in order to keep the surrounding deck area as clean as possible. The cabin's geometry is composed of aggressively sloped sides and generously rounded intersections, which produce a clean and modern looking surface. We've echoed those same themes in a character coaming, which encompasses the deck's two cockpit areas with a stylish and functional surround.
“There was also some interesting new blood at Monaco, Latini Marine’s 85ft Farr Yacht Design ‘ROMA’ being one of the most dramatic, with an all-silver hull and deck and an all-white minimalist interior which took your breath away. Latini have been building yachts near Rome for 25yrs and really know their stuff.
They were basking in the glory of having won the Maxi Yacht Rolex Regatta in Sardinia just one month after launching. “Getting to the first weather mark before MAXIMUS and SKANDIA WILD THING was particularly satisfying,” said Umberto Zocca. On the helm was sailmaker Paulo Semeraro from Banks Italia.
But ROMA isn’t just a race boat – pedestals can be removed, press-button activated and her remarkable interior brought to life.”
Yachting World – December 2005
• MCA CAT 2 – RINA 100 – A – Y Certification
Hull, Deck & Superstructure Construction:
• Pre-preg carbon composite hull construction built on a male module
• Pre-preg carbon fibre deck and superstructure construction built on a female moudle
• SPS System Corecell foam
• Hull topsides painted – 2019
• Deck topside painted – 2018
• Cockpit topside painted – 2020
Keel & Rudder:
• APM Keels hydraulic telescopic keel with t-profile bulb and 2.95m to 4.55m draft
• Bulb weight – 8,000kgs
• Keel serviced from APM in 2017
• Carbon fibre balanced rudder
Engine & gearbox:
• Yanmar 6-cylinder turbo-charged marine diesel engine producing 315hp @ 3800 rpm
• Gearbox ZF 80-1A-2.8
• Fresh¬water cooled engine.
Maintenance & Performance:
• Engine hours – approx. 4.000 at March 2020
• Date of last engine service: 2019
• Cruising speed under engine – approx. 10 knots
Propulsion & Steering:
• Gori 3-bladed folding propeller
• Spare propeller
• Twin titanium wheel steering with wood-rimmed stainless steel steering wheels
• JP3 Self aligning steering system
• Emergency tiller.
• Hydraulic retractable bowthruster
• PTO pump on generator
• 24vDC & 12vDC domestic systems with 220vAC via shore-power, inverters or generator
• 12vDC engine and generator start circuits
• 12vDC 100Ah service batteries joined in parallel and series to supply 24vDC
• 1x 12vDC 80Ah VHF radio dedicated battery
• 1x 12vDC 110Ah engine start battery
• 1x 12vDC 110Ah generator start battery
• 3x Mastervolt 100Ah 24/220v automatic battery chargers for services
• Mastervolt 60Ah 12/220v automatic battery chargers for engine and generator batteries
• Onan 17.5 Kw
• Generator hours – approx. 6000 at March 2020
• Date of last generator service: 2019
• 2x Mastervolt inverter
• Yanmar 12vDC Engine-mounted alternator
• Additional 24vDC alternator for charging service batteries
• 220vAC 50Hz shore power with isolator and circuit breaker
PLUMBING & GAS SYSTEMS
• The hot freshwater circuit is led into a well insulated hot water tank, heated by engine or 220v AC immersion heater element
• Schenker 100 modular watermakers producing 100 litres per hour
• Bilge area divided into four compartments (bow, accommodation, engine space and lazarette), each fitted with 24vDC automatic electric bilge pumps
• Manual bilge pump for main accommodation area bilge
• 1200 litres fuel capacity
• Racor fuel filters separator
• 1400 litres fresh water capacity
• Black water holding tank
• Grey water holding tank
NAVIGATION & COMMUNICATION EQUIPMENT
• Note: the electronic package is going to be replaced with a new Raymarine - 2020
• B&G H3000 Hydra CPU, Masthead Unit wind speed and angle
• 2x magnetic compass
• B&G Autopilot
• 4x B&G 30/30 Remote display units at mast
• B&G Radar 4 Kw radome on mast spreader with Nobeltec software
• Furuno plotter with Nobeltec software
• B&G repeater in the cockpoit
• B&G network system
• SCS Marine Domotic system with touch screen 9’’
• VHF Furuno dual station
• VHF Furuno Twon Icon with DSC
• Engine room, lazerette, foredeck, aft deck cameras
• Stainless steel Alpes stove with gas burners and oven
• 220vAC microwave oven
• Double sink with pressurised fresh water supply
• Fridges with drawers
• 220vAC freezer
• 5x Tecma 24vDC electric freshwater flush marine toilets
• Hot & cold pressurised water supplies with shower in heads
Ventilation / Air Conditioning:
• 220vAC reverse-cycle air-conditioning system with 8 fan coils and 2 compressor
• TV/ DVD: Onkyo Satellite Play Station and IPod system. Pop up large projector screen with Domino fold away projector in saloon.
• Satellite: Sky HD
• Music system: 500w Stage Line with 6 speaker on deck and 6 inside
Summary of Accommodation:
• Sleeps up to 7 guests in two air-conditioned compartments each with a double cot and en-suite facilities.
• Two berth in two cabins aft for crew.
• The owner's cabin takes up most of the space at the bow, with a private bathroom and separate shower.
• Large saloon and dinette positioned in the centre of the boat. In the dinette, a table that comfortably seats 7 people.
• Two aft cabins for the crew with a private bathroom and shower
• Symmetrically the kitchen on the starboard side.
• Stainless steel custom freezer and fridge with big drawers and gas cooker with tilting oven.
• Under the staircase and under the cockpit there is the engine room.
• All interior white painted composite panelling
• White painted flooring with floating panels
• Main bulkhead, hull innings and heads finished in white
• White cloth upholstery
• Skyscreens for deckhead hatches
• Southern Spars carbon fibre spars – grey painted
• 11/12 fractional keel-stepped mast with two-sets of swept-back carbon fibre spreaders
• Southern Spars carbon fibre racing boom
• Sliding carbon gennaker pole fitted into hull port side forward.
• Selden hydraulic furler on genoa and tuff luff for racing
• Fully-battened mainsail system with low-friction mainsail slides and 2x single-line reefs
• Lazyjacks with stackpack
• Stainless steel rod standing rigging – serviced 2017
• Backstay with split bridle - replaced 2017
• Cariboni hydraulic system with manual and electronic control valves operating backstay, outhaul, vang, cunningham and jib halyard tension
• Harken hydraulic furling jib with self-tacking track
• 2x Harken 990 electric 3-speed self-tailing winches carbon
• 1x Harken 1111 electric 3-speed self-tailing carbon main sheet winch
• 2x Harken 50.2 2 speed self tailing carbon winches
• 2x Harken 1130 2 speed self tailing carbon winches
• 4x Harken 65 2 speed self tailing carbon winches
• 4x removable grinder pedestal
• Bank Sails iRevolution full batten cruising main – 2019
• Bank Sails iRevolution furling cruising jib – 2019
• Bank Sails Carbon laminate racing main sail – 2012
• Bank Sails Double taffeta cruising mainsail – 2005
• Bank Sails Cruising furling jib – 2015
• Bank Sails Racing Double taffeta racing light jib – 2005
• Bank Sails Racing Double taffeta racing medium jib – 2005
• Bank Sails Racing Double taffeta racing jib 2 – 2005
• Bank Sails Racing Double taffeta racing jib 4 – 2005
• One Sails Gennaker – 2009
• Bank Sails racing A1 Gennaker
• Main sail area – 230sqm
• Gennaker sail area – 610sqm
• Stainless steel pulpit and pushpits with guardwire stanchions and twin guardwires
• Cockpit table
• Solimar flush hatches
• Radar and antenna on the mast spreaders
• Cockpit shower with hot/cold mixer
• Drop-down transom door/bathing platform
• Swimming/boarding ladder
Anchoring & Mooring:
• Stainless Steel folding anchor arm
• Lofrans electric anchor windlass
• Anchor with chain
Covers, Cushions & Canvas:
• Rigid bimini top with lateral rolled windows
• Cockpit cushions
• Sunbathing deck cushions
Tender & Outboard:
• Rigid bottom inflatable Zodiac 4.4m
• 40 hp 4 stroke Yamaha outboard engine
• Sailing dinghy – Farr design which stows in aft
• Compressor dive equipment in the lazarette
Cradle and shoreparts:
• 40’ container
• High cradle for
• Low cradle
General note on safety equipment: Any safety equipment such as liferafts, Epirbs, fire extinguishers and flares etc. are usually personal to the current owner(s) and if being left on-board as part of the sale of a used vessel may require routine servicing, replacement, or changing to meet a new owners specific needs.
Viewing arrangementsLying: Tyrrhenian Sea, Italy
Available to view strictly by appointment
Office Hours Mon- Fri 0900 – 17.00
Saturday by prior appointment
For more information or to arrange a viewing please contact us.
Please Note: Due to the varying locations of our yachts, your travel time and the distances that may be involved, we recommend that you only make arrangements to view if you are actively considering purchase.
Lead Broker: Michele Antonini – Grabau International (Italia)
Tel: +39 333 74 89 281
Grabau International offers the details of all vessels in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information or warranty the condition of any vessel and the details do not constitute a part of any contract. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. All vessels are offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice. Grabau International provides professional yacht conveyancing and legal transfer of title for all yachts as per the ABYA Code of Practice with all deposit payments and final balance payments processed through secure dedicated client accounts solely for that purpose. Our dedicated client accounts are written in trust at Natwest Bank and we are fully insured.