Fantastically well-presented and beautifully appointed example of the evergreen Malo 37. With only her 2nd owner she has been lovingly maintained and continuously upgraded. Presented in sail away condition.
FURTHER BROKER’S COMMENTS:
The Malo yard is highly regarded for producing exceptionally well-built yachts, each one finished to a high standard and normally with a semi-custom layout to suit their owners requirements. The Malo 37 TROFAST is no exception.
Commissioned by her first owner as his last yacht she has been very lightly used since her launch in 2010. Built with the optional ‘Stainless Steel Pack’ she also boasts a number of custom fittings; including a gimballed radar scanner mounting pole. Purchased by the current owners in 2019 she benefitted from further upgrading. Offers for sale with a comprehensive inventory her highlights include:
• Yanmar 3JH5E, 39hp marine diesel engine
• Flex-O-Fold, 3 blade, bronze folding propellor
• MasterVolt MasterCharger battery charger (2017)
• Domestic batteries replaced in 2019
• Raymarine Autopilot with X10 course computer, ST6002 control head and linear drive unit
• Raymarine C120W MFD
• Raymarine 2kw radar scanner
• Raymarine ST60+ navigation instrumentation
• Standard Horizon DSC VHF with CommandMic (2019)
• Em-Track AIS transceiver (2022)
• Pioneer stereo system installed 2019
• Andersen 46 electric primary winches fitted new in 2019
• Fitted carpets throughout replaced in 2019
• Sprayhood, cockpit tent and mainsail cover replaced in 2022
• Roller reefing, 135% genoa fitted new in 2022
• Spade anchor with 80m chain rode fitted new in 2019
• Zodiac Cadet RIB tender with Yamaha 2.5hp outboard
• EPIRB (2019)
• Odeo Laser Flare (2019)
Lying afloat in her berth in Tarbert the Malo 37 Classic TROFAST is now available for immediate viewing.
Johannes Olsson started the company 1939, building wooden yachts. Johannes’ sons, Bo and Orvar Olsson took over the business in 1963 and built their first GRP Malö Yachts in 1969. Lars and Bengt Olsson, sons of Bo assumed responsibility of Malö Yachts in 1984 and ran the company until 2008 when Bob Erixon bought the yard.
Malö Yachts is now part of Sweden Yachts Group, which also encompasses Sweden Yachts, CR Yachts and Regina of Vindö.
• We understand the yacht was classified as Category ‘A’ under the requirements of EC Directive 94/25
• GRP moulded hull of sandwich construction.
• Hull laminate of a combination of Isophthalic and Orthophthalic polyester laminate.
• Hull cored with balsa providing insulation to hull construction.
• Longitudinal and transverse bulkheads are laminated directly onto the hull.
• Laminate grid of Internal ribs and stringers individually laminated to hull internally.
• Galvanised steel mast support.
• Hull finished externally with NGA gel coat for maximum protection against water penetration.
• Blue sheer band and boot top stripes in original gelcoat finish.
• Coppercoat antifouling applied below the waterline (2019)
• Moulded rubbing strake in hull with protective aluminium capping.
Deck & Superstructure Construction:
• GRP moulded deck and coach roof of sandwich construction.
• Balsa core with polyester laminate.
• Aluminium reinforcing in way of deck fittings.
• Hull to deck joint secured with mechanical fastenings, over laminated.
• Laid teak decking on side decks, coachroof and in cockpit. 12mm solid teak.
• The “targa” arch is of moulded GRP construction with stainless steel studs built in securing it to the cockpit coaming
• The deck has four scuppers draining on the waterline to prevent dirt markings on the hull.
• Optional ‘Stainless Steel Kit’ fitted at factory including stainless steel mooring cleats and stainless steel screen frame
• Fixed windscreen forward of companionway with stainless steel frame and stainless steel grabrails, screens of safety glass.
Keel & Rudder:
• External lead ballast keel of the long fin shape.
• Keel secured with stainless steel bolts.
• GRP moulded, semi balanced rudder.
• Partial depth skeg hung.
• Yanmar 3JH5E marine diesel engine
• 39hp @2,900RPM
• 3 cylinder, naturally aspirated, indirectly cooled
• Kansaki KM35A reversing marine gearbox
• Racor turbine fuel filter
• Single lever morse control
Maintenance & Performance:
• Engine last serviced November 2022
• Cruising speed under engine 6kts
Propulsion & Steering:
• Aquadrive anti-vibration shaft coupling
• Waterfed dripless sterngland
• Flex-O-Fold, 3 blade, bronze folding propellor
• Jefa wheel steering system
• Stainless steel wheel with leather hyde cover
• 12VDC onboard power system
• 230VAC shore power system
• Domestic Batteries – 4x 12V, 120Ah, lead acid (2019)
• Engine Battery – 1x 12V, 70Ah, lead acid (2017)
• Single engine mounted alternator
• 14VDC, 80amp
• Mastervolt ChargeMaster (2017)
• 12VDC, 30amp, 3 output
• MasterVolt MasterShunt monitoring system with display at chart table
• Hardwired factory installed system
• Extension cable to connect to shore power supply
• Single 16amp connection point
• Mastervolt distrubtion board with RCD protection
• 3 pin UK sockets, battery charger, water heater
• Engine space blower 12VDC
• Pressurised hot and cold water system.
• Isotemp stainless steel clad tank 25ltr capacity, heated by engine cooling water and 230VAC immersion heater
• Mixer tap in galley
• Mixer tap in heads
• Dedicated shower head fitting and mixer in heads
• Manually pumped cold water tap in galley
• Manual bilge pump
• Electric bilge pump
• Emergency bilge pump – shower drain pump plumbed to allow for use as emergency bilge pump if required
• Single diesel tank
• Stainless steel tank construction
• Approximate capacity 245ltrs
• Twin fresh water tanks.
• Stainless steel tank construction
• Approximate capacities 150ltrs and 250ltrs
• Approximate total capacity 400ltrs
• Single holding tank
• Approximate capacity 50ltrs
• Tank discharging overboard by macerator pump or via deck suction
• Analogue gauges for fuel and water tanks in ships panel
• Tank Watch level indicator for holding tank
NAVIGATION & COMMUNICATION EQUIPMENT
• Depth – Raymarine ST60+
• Speed – Raymarine ST60+
• Wind – Raymarine ST60+
• Plotter/Radar display – Raymarine C120W MFD
• Radar Scanner – Raymarine 2kw radome scanner mounted on gimbaled pole.
• Raymarine ST6002 Smartpilot control head
• Raymarine SmartPilot X10 control computer
• Raymarine linear drive connected direct to quadrant
• Magnetic Compass
• Repeater – Raymarine ST60+ Graphic
• DSC VHF – Standard Horizon Matrix AIS/GPS with CommandMic in cockpit (2019)
• AIS – Em-Track AIS transceiver (2022)
• Stove – ENO gas cooker, two-burner oven and grill. Gimbal mounted
• Fridge – Top loading fridge, built in beneath worktop. Isotherm water cooled compressor
• Double stainless steel sink
• Mixer tap
• Manually pump tap
• Toilet – Manual marine toilet
• Wash hand basin
• Mixer tap
• Dedicated shower fitting
• Eberspacher D4 diesel fired, blown air heating system
• Thermostatic cabin controller
• Outlets in cabins, saloon and heads
• Pioneer MinTrax DAB radio/CD player (2019)
• Speakers in saloon
• Overhead lighting throughout interior
• Bulkhead mounted reading lights in saloon and cabins
• Chart table light
• Lights over companionway, mounted in targa arch
• Majority of lights with LED bulbs
Summary of Accommodation:
• Double cabin forward
• Saloon with two occasional single berths
• Nav Station
• Double aft cabin to port
• Joinery work below decks of mahogany veneered panels with solid mahogany trims.
• Wood work finished in a hand polished matte varnish.
• Sole boards throughout of teak and koto veneered plywood finished in a hard varnish.
• Fitted carpets throughout, replaced with new from Malo in 2019
• Mid-Blue fabric upholstery throughout
• Curtains for all portlights
• Corrian galley worktop
• Corrian countertops and sole gratings in heads.
Description of Accommodation from Forward:
• Double V-berth forward
• Storage lockers above bunk, outboard forward, port and starboard
• Standing room aft of bunk.
• Dry-Mat anti-condensation underlay fitted beneath bunk cushion
• Hanging locker outboard to port
• Dresser unit to starboard aft with countertop and lockers above and below
• Locker doors beneath bunk to access aft section of under bunk storage without lifting cushions
• Fixed, extendable saloon table offset to port
• Wrap around U-shaped settee to port
• Bench settee to starboard.
• Settees converting to occasional use single berths.
• Storage lockers beneath starboard bunk with locker doors to access without lifting cushions
• Counter tops outboard of settee backs port and starboard with book shelf area centrally and storage lockers forward and aft
• Bulkhead mounted brass clock and barometer
• L-shaped galley to port of companionway
• Inset double stainless steel sinks in worktop forward, inboard
• In-built top-loading fridge beneath worktop outboard forward
• Gimbal mounted gas cooker outboard with worktop infill section to fit over
• Overhead lockers outboard with internal shelfs
• Range of lockers and drawers beneath worktop
• Located to starboard, aft of saloon.
• Forward facing chart table with dedicated navigators seat.
• Chart storage within table top with three drawers beneath table forward.
• Bookshelf above table top outboard forward
• Ships switch panel, DSC VHF, repeater etc mounted outboard of table aft
• Storage locker beneath navigators seat
• Located to starboards side of companionway, accessed at of nav station
• Forward facing marine toilet located inboard aft.
• Wet locker located outboard of toilet aft
• Countertop running forward from wet locker outboard with inset wash hand basin
• Vanity unit above counter top outboard with storage locker beneath
• Located to port and accessed through the galley area
• Standing room at forward end of cabin with hanging locker outboard
• Double berth aft extending inboard beneath cockpit sole
• Storage lockers above bunk, outboard aft
• Access under bunk to sterngear, calorifier and battery boxes
• Deck stepped, double spreader, fractionally rigged sloop
• Anodised alloy mast and spars, manufactured by Selden
• Stainless steel standing rigging
• Harken MKIV 1 roller reefing system on forestay
• Slab reefing mainsail with all lines lead aft to cockpit
• Selden rod kicker
• Selden anti-chafe tubes covering shrouds and bottle screws
• Harken ball bearing mainsheet car and track system, mounted on targa arch
• Harken ball bearing blocks fitted throughout.
• Harken ball bearing deck organisers for lines lead aft
• Spinlock rope clutches for lines lead aft
• Harken pin-stop genoa track and cars
• Primary Winches – 2x Andersen 46, electric, self-tailing, two-speed (2019)
• Secondary Winches – 2x Andersen 28, self-tailing, two-speed
• Mast Mounted Winches – 2x Andersen 12, self-tailing, single speed
• Mast Mounted Reefing Winch – 1x Andersen single speed.
• Mainsail – White dacron, slab reefing
• Genoa – White dacron, roller reefing. Saturn Sails (2022)
• Anchor self-stowing in stem roller with chain self-stowing in locker
• Double stainless steel bow roller.
• Stainless steel pulpit rail
• Toe rail mounted stainless steel mooring cleats, forward, midships and aft
• Stainless steel chafe strips secured to toerail in way of cleats
• Stainless steel toerail mounted stanchions with double tier guardwires
• Guard wire gates port and starboard
• Stainless steel pulpit rails, split port and starboard with gate to access transom centrally
• Dorade ventilator located centrally forward of mast with stainless steel protective rail
• Teak grabrails running along outboard edges of coachroof to port and starboard
• Lines lead aft from mast along port and starboard sides of coachroof
• Stainless steel framed windscreen wrapping around cockpit
• Stainless steel grabrail mounted on windscreen port and starboard
• Jammers for lines lead aft mounted on coamings outboard of windscreen, port and starboard
• GRP targa arch rising up at aft end of windscreen with mainsheet track secured to top of arch
• Moulding, teak topped coaming wrapping around cockpit
• Shelves to port and starboard sides of companionway
• Bench seating on port and starboard sides of cockpit running aft to pedestal
• Jefa steering pedestal mounted at aft end of cockpit with teak folding cockpit table mounted to forward side
• Teak cup holder secured to grabrail above pedestal
• Thwartships bench seat aft of pedestal
• Spacious cockpit lockers located beneath starboard and aft cockpit seats
• Custom built stainless steel radar pole mounted to starboard side of transom with antenna array mounting. Radar scanner mounted on pole with gimballed bracket.
• Outboard lifting crane attaching to radar pole for lifting outboard from dinghy
• Transom mounted folding swim ladder
• Mainsail Cover (2022)
• Sprayhood (2022)
• Cockpit Tent – can be configured as bimini style cover if required (2022)
• Winter Covers – Sprayhood and cockpit tent.
Anchoring & Mooring:
• Bower Anchor – Spade 20kg anchor on 80m, 10mm chain rode (2019). Anchor self-stowing in stem roller
• Kedge Anchor – Stainless steel Bruce anchor with 10m chain/warp rode
• Anchor Windlass – Lofrans Kobra electric windlass with plug-in remote control
• Mooring Warps – Selection
• Fenders - Selection
• RIB – Zodiac Cadet 250 Compact with hard transom. Hypalon tubes Beaching wheels mounted on transom
• Outboard – Yamaha 2.5hp, 4-stroke
General note on safety equipment: Any safety equipment such as liferafts, Epirbs, fire extinguishers and flares etc. are usually personal to the current owner(s) and if being left on-board as part of the sale of a used vessel may require routine servicing, replacement, or changing to meet a new owners specific needs.
• Masthead tri-colour and anchor light
• Steaming light
• Navigation lights
• Deck flood light
• All navigation lights upgraded to LED lights in 2019.
• EPIRB – OceanSignal RescuMe EPIRB1 (2019)
• Odeo laser flare (2019)
• Horseshoe light with light
• Crewsaver rescue sling
• Wichard stainless steel securing points in cockpit
• Webbing jackstays
• Radar Reflector – Mounted on mast
Lying Argyll, Scotland, UK
Available to view strictly by appointment
Office Hours Mon- Fri 0900 – 17.00
Saturday by prior appointment
For more information or to arrange a viewing please contact us.
Please Note: Due to the varying locations of our yachts, your travel time and the distances that may be involved, we recommend that you only make arrangements to view if you are actively considering purchase.
Lead Broker: Mark Cameron
Tel: Mobile: +44 (0)7988 763254
Grabau International offers the details of all vessels in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information or warranty the condition of any vessel and the details do not constitute a part of any contract. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. All vessels are offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice. Grabau International provides professional yacht conveyancing and legal transfer of title for all yachts as per the ABYA Code of Practice with all deposit payments and final balance payments processed through secure dedicated client accounts solely for that purpose. Our dedicated client accounts are written in trust at Natwest Bank and we are fully insured.