2009 MAS MAS 28 ELEGANCE
€89,000 tax paid
Ultra-styling Automotive-inspired day-cruiser
|Manufacturer/Model||MAS MAS 28 Elegance|
|Designer||MAS / Vismara|
|New or Used||Used|
|Tax/VAT Status||Tax paid|
|Lying||Nr. Ancona, Italy|
|Engine||Mercruiser MAG496 425hp|
|Drinking Water Capacity||45l|
DescriptionSparingly used, yet well maintained 2010-launched example of the outstanding MAS 28. The first ever car design applied to a yacht, ITALICA is the definitive day-cruiser.
FURTHER BROKER’S COMMENTS:
Very lightly used since her launch in 2016 with just 130hrs from the first owner and 180hrs run now, ITALICA is a particularly smart example of this amazingly Italian-designed and built daily cruiser developed with the most beautiful car design features in mind. She is equiped with the most powerful MerCruiser petrol engine available.
Her specification highlights are many and include:
• 1x inboard fuel injected 425hp V8 496 MerCruiser MAG H0;
• Cypress green hull paint;
• Water ski kit;
• Canvas cockpit tent;
• Electric windlass.
This has a style reminiscent of the old mas military assault vehicles used during the first world war, but it is built in composite material and carbon and the design is clearly inspired by the motor vehicle industry. The firm has put much of the design and construction approaches used for sailing boats into the “Mas 28”. The composite construction explains the choice of starting out with a light and therefore, fast hull, overturning the general tendency for motor-powered hulls to focus on engine power to achieve top performance.
Many functional and aesthetic solutions have come from the fast cruiser world, such as the teak deck, the steel treated in such a way as to seem titanium, the retracting bathing platform, concealed sun pad and a host of other details on deck. The hull profile is also the result of combining the demands of style with the study of different geometries. The straight bow is fine and the thin water lines are obviously inspired by regatta sailboats, but also of racing motor boats. The rounded gunwale, without saddle tank helps to lower the freeboard visibly and reduce the beam in line with interior space. Many details come from the motor vehicle industry, such as the stern with its shape taken from the 1965 Porsche 956, the air intakes of the BMW Z3, the seats of the Smart, the filler caps from the Audi TT and the steering wheel from the New Beetle. The interiors have been designed with day-cruising in mind and include a double bunk, a galley area and a concealed head.
“The engine of the test boat is a 425 horsepower MerCruiser inboard engine that qualifies the Mas 28 as a certainly fast boat. For those who want a little less performance, a Steyr 250 hp turbodiesel is also available. The petrol engine is by nature rather silent and in this case the excellent insulation of the compartment makes it silent at the minimum of 1,000 rpm. The acceleration is very fast and at 2,500 rpm the hull is gliding at 18 knots of speed. Gradually we increase the regime and also against the tense breeze and the short and close wave the hull soon reaches the maximum speed of 49 knots (5,000 rpm).”
• The yacht conforms with the essential safety requirements of Directive 94/25EC (Recreational Craft Directive) – Cat. B.
• GRP hull, deck and superstructure construction
• Cypress green topsides and superstructure finish
• Teak laid cockpit sole and bathing platform
Engine & gearbox:
• 1x 496 MAG HO 8-cylinder V petrol engine producing 425hp @ 5.000 rpm
• Sequential Multi-Point Electronic Fuel Injection
• Freshwater cooling system via raw water intake and heat exchangers
Service & Maintenance:
• Engine hours – approx. 180 as of September 2018
• Date of last engine service – May 2018 – carried in by MerCruiser agent in accordance with service guidelines.
• 12vDC primary domestic system with 12vDC starting circuit and 12v AC via shorepower.
• 12vDC service battery bank
• 12vDc Engines start batteries
Charging / Inverter:
• Automatic battery charger
• 65 Amp engine mounted alternator
• 220vAC shore power system
PLUMBING & GAS SYSTEMS
• Water is pressurised by 12vDC high-pressure pump system
• Freshwater pressurised water supply throughout
• 12vDC electric bilge pump with alarm in the cockpit
• Manual bilge pumps
• 315 litres fuel tank capacity in 1x tank
• 45 litres water tank capacity
• Electric vacuum flush freshwater head
• Sinks and showers with hot & cold water supply
Summary of Accommodation:
• Master cabin forward with double berth.
• Ensuite head.
• Retractable bimini
• Retractable bathing platform with swimming ladder
Anchoring & Mooring:
• 12vDC windlass
• Anchor with chain
Covers, Cushions & Canvas:
• Cream colour cockpit cushions.
General note on safety equipment: Any safety equipment such as liferafts, Epirbs, fire extinguishers and flares etc. are usually personal to the current owner(s) and if being left on-board as part of the sale of a used vessel may require routine servicing, replacement, or changing to meet a new owners specific needs.
Viewing arrangementsLying – nr. Civitanova Marche, Italy
Available to view strictly by appointment
Office Hours Mon- Fri 0900 – 17.00
Saturday by prior appointment
For more information or to arrange a viewing please contact us.
Please Note: Due to the varying locations of our yachts, your travel time and the distances that may be involved, we recommend that you only make arrangements to view if you are actively considering purchase.
Lead Broker: Michele Antonini – Grabau International (Italia)
Tel: +39 333 74 89 281
Grabau International offers the details of all vessels in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information or warranty the condition of any vessel and the details do not constitute a part of any contract. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. All vessels are offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice. Grabau International provides professional yacht conveyancing and legal transfer of title for all yachts as per the ABYA Code of Practice with all deposit payments and final balance payments processed through secure dedicated client accounts solely for that purpose. Our dedicated client accounts are written in trust at Natwest Bank and we are fully insured.