2010 MAXI DOLPHIN MD51 POWER
€550,000 tax not paid
Configured as superyacht tender / weekender boat
|Manufacturer/Model||Maxi Dolphin MD51 Power|
|New or Used||Used|
|Tax/VAT Status||Tax not paid|
|Engine||2x Volvo IPS600 435hp|
|Hull Construction||Composite vacuum infused|
|Drinking Water Capacity||300l|
DescriptionHull No.4 of the semi-custom Maxi Dolphin MD51 series to designs by Roberto Starkel. Configured for superyacht tender / weekender duties with a supremely practical interior and cockpit configuration. Effortlessly stylish, seriously fun and very very quick!
Maxi Dolphin MD51 Hull No.4 is the perfect ‘do it all’ performance power yacht for those seeking the very finest in Italian design, construction and technology. A stunning mix of composite construction, ultra-efficient and easily-controlled diesel engines, all wrapped up in mesmerising metallic blue paint, teak and carbon fibre.
Hull No.4 is one of a series of these Donald Starkel-designed semi-custom masterpieces. configured to be used as either a weekender or a superyacht tender/shuttle, she has a very practical interior and luxurious guest spaces both on deck and below.
Her specification highlights include:-
• Volvo IPS600 drive system with twin 435hp diesels and joystick control
• Metallic blue topsides with carbon fibre inserts and exterior styling
• Teak laid cockpit sole
• Open-plan interior with ample seating for 12 and large heads/shower
• Excellent galley facilities
• Fantastic audio/visual installation with TV screens above and below decks and professional-level sound systems
• CAN-bus electrical wiring system with decreased weight and complexity
• Generator for 220vAC supply at anchor
Used as demonstrator with minimal hours run and still in her original ownership, MD51 Hull No.4 would be make the ideal superyacht tender or weekender for those who value usable space over sleeping cabins.
The Maxi Dolphin MD51 is a motor yacht that capitalizes on Maxi Dolphin’ s expertise in building sailing yachts: the use of composite materials, the application of advanced construction technologies, and the design of hulls with excellent hydrodynamic efficiency. Its project is signed by Roberto Starkel.
A super-modern mega-tender yet of retro inspiration. The shape, based on the motorboats style of the ’30s, makes a contrast with today’s high-tech materials: the entire boat is built using SP System’s Sprint vacuum resin infusion process technology, that allows to achieve extreme strength and unmatched lightness.
The engines are masterpieces of technology: the MD51 has two 435-HP Volvo Penta IPS 600 engines. IPS (Inboard Performance System) is a revolutionary propulsion system developed by Volvo Penta. Its specially positioned propellers greatly enhance the system efficiency, offering higher top speed, as well as increased acceleration and overall performance. Moreover, thanks to the significant reduction in fuel consumption, the cruising range increases significantly Car-like maneuverability gives perfect handling at high speed, while the Volvo Penta joystick system permit very easy docking. Engine noise and vibrations at minimum level and lack of exhaust fumes contribute to the great comfort on board.
The Maxi Dolphin MD 51 is conceived with emphasis on eco-sustainability: its lightness, combined with the optimization of the hull design, allow to mount engines with smaller power than on similar size boats. For this reason, performances being equal, MD51 is able to achieve very low fuel consumption (just over 100 l/h at cruising speed), extended fuel range (340 M at cruising speed), and greatly reduces CO2 emissions.
For this specific yacht Maxi Dolphin has developed the first Apple I-Pad applications to control the boat’s electric/electronic devices and utilities, as well as the entertainment system. The I-Pad becomes a high-tech remote, that via WiFi, allows to control and operate all the boat’s functions (except engine, for safety reasons).
The use of CAN-bus technology has contributed to weight reduction, thanks to the elimination of large cables.
Utmost elegance, use of the most advanced technologies and of the new project visions in the continuous search for beauty: this is the course followed by Maxi Dolphin since 1987.
"Beauty? It’s something that makes you feel good, therefore something very individual. To me it means order, harmony and sharing. No beautiful thing makes sense if you cannot share it with others". With this vision, along with his passion for the sea, boats and nature, in 1987 Vittorio Moretti created the Maxi Dolphin boatyard.
The first boat built by Maxi Dolphin was the 73ft CARMEN DI BELLAVISTA, designed by Bruce Farr, followed by the maxi 118 ft VIRIELLA, designed by Germán Frers. Two boats built according to that search for innovation, which is the basis of the Moretti Group, operating not only in the boating sector, but also in that of industrialized building , as well as in the top class enological, hotel and catering sectors.
A long number of sailing boats followed CARMEN DI BELLAVISTA and VIRIELLA: standard monotypes (over 300 produced Dolphin 81) and from 75 to 100 ft One-Off sailing boats, the outcome of the cooperation with the main yacht designers.
Roberto Starkel, Germán Frers, Bruce Farr, Luca Brenta Design, Bill Tripp, Finot-Conq are some of the designers for Maxi Dolphin, which in 2007 launched the MD Power: an innovative line of motor yachts, built using the same technologies of sailers and applying the same concept of custom-made, the real hallmark of all Maxi Dolphin boats.
• Our understanding is that the vessel complies with RCD CE Certification – B (Offshore)
• Hull constructed in female mould using GRP and pre-preg epoxy with Corecell core.
• Hull vacuum infused using SP Systems Sprint technology
• Topsides spray painted in triple-layer blue metallic paint
• Exposed carbon fibre inserts to hull sides and carbon fibre bowplate.
Deck & Superstructure Construction:
• Deck constructed in female mould using carbon fibre and pre-preg epoxy with Corecell core.
• Deck vacuum infused using SP Systems Sprint technology
• Deck and cockpit mouldings spray painted in triple-layer blue metallic paint
• Teak laid foredeck, cockpit sole and bathing platform
Engine & gearbox:
• 2x Volvo IPS600 turbo and compressor common rail diesel engines (based on Volvo D6) producing 435hp each at 3,500rpm
• Fresh water engine cooling via raw water intake and heat exchanger
• IPS drive legs with electronic vessel control
Maintenance & Performance:
• Engine hours – approx. 300 as of November 2017
• Cruising speed – approx. 30 knots
• Maximum speed – approx. 38 knots
• Fuel economy at cruising speed – approx. 110lph
• Range at cruising speed – approx. 340Nm
Propulsion & Steering:
• Steering via IPS legs through steering wheel and electronic steering or via joystick for close-quarters manoeuvring
• 4-bladed Duoprops on IPS legs
• Lenco trim-tabs with electro-hydraulic controls
• 24vDC domestic and starting circuits with 220vAC via shorepower or generator.
• Electrical systems updated 2017 with CAN-bus system for added weight savings and simplicity
• 2x 80Ah 12vDC engine start batteries joined in parallel and series to provide 80Ah @ 24vDC
• 6x 130Ah 12vDC service batteries joined in parallel and series to provide 390Ah @ 24vDC
• 1x 80Ah 12vDC generator start battery
Charging / Inverter:
• Victron Centaur 80Amp 24vDC automatic battery charger
• Victron Blue Power 10Amp 12vDC automatic battery charger
• Victron Phoenix Compact 24/1600 1,600w inverter
• Westerbeke 9.4kw generator
• 115Amp engine mounted alternators
• 220vAC shorepower system
PLUMBING & GAS SYSTEMS
• Pressurised fresh water supply via 24vDC pressure pump
• Hot water produced via engine driven calorifier or via 220vAC immersion heater element in well-insulated hot water storage tank
• Cockpit shower
• Electric bilge pumps
• Manual bilge pump in cockpit
• 1,350 litres fuel capacity
• 300 litres fresh water capacity
• Black water holding tank
NAVIGATION & COMMUNICATION EQUIPMENT
• Simrad NX 45 Navstation colour GPS chartplotter
• Simrad 48Nm radar scanner on removable antenna mast in cockpit
• LCD screen connected to Domotic control system
• Simrad SP28 autopilot control
• Simrad IS20 multi-function combi display
• Domotic system control – system updated 2016
• Steering compass
• Simrad RS82 VHF with DSC
• Satellite phone system
• Bosch 220vAC induction hob with 4 cooking zones
• LG 220vAC electric oven
• Comenda 220vAC dishwasher
• Glass-fronted wine fridge
• Stainless steel sink with hot & cold pressurised water supply
• Stainless steel front opening fridge and icemaker
• Tecma 24vDC electric freshwater flush heads
• Hot & pressurised water supplies to heads
• 24vDC extraction fans in heads
Heating & Ventilation:
• 220vAC air-conditioning system with additional exterior outlets in cockpit
• LG large screen TV at forward bulkhead facing aft in saloon
• LG LCD TV’s to port and starboard facing aft in saloon
• 40” LCD TV in retractable cabinet in cockpit
• KVH M5 Tracvision satellite antenna with international decoder and modulator
• Domotic system controlled by Apple Ipad including 2Tb HD, professional audio/visual system with separate channels for interior and exterior plus additional speakers in transom.
Cockpit Domestic Equipment
• 60 litre front-opening stainless steel refrigerator
Summary of Accommodation:
• Two berths in converting saloon plus additional crew cabin. Guest heads and shower. Crew heads.
• White laminate and panelled finish with contrasting brown leather panels and flooring
• Stainless steel galley counters
• Carbon fibre heads counters
• Carbon fibre insert to saloon table
• White leather upholstery and cushions
• LED lighting throughout
Accommodation layout from Forward:
• Maxi Dolphin MD51 Power Hull No.4 is configured to be used as either a weekender or a superyacht tender/shuttle.
• The vessel has a large open-plan saloon with U-shaped settee and bench seating forward. An electronically height-adjustable saloon table allows conversion to a large double berth/day bed.
• Aft to starboard ids a large heads compartment with dedicated shower cubicle, easily accessed from companionway steps.
• Aft to port is the linear galley with stainless steel counters and inset induction hob.
• 2x safe boxes within interior
• The cockpit bench seating to port and starboard suitable for up to 12 guests.
• Electro-hydraulically controlled teak laid cockpit table dropping to create sunbed or dropping further to become flush with cockpit sole.
• Helm seat in carbon fibre and electrically adjustable
• Aft of the helm station to starboard is a refrigerator
• Opposite to port is a hatch giving access to a crew cabin complete with heads and sink/shower.
• Carbon fibre antenna mast
• Custom carbon fibre mast for antennas
• Underwater LED lighting at stern
• Custom double deckhead hatch on flush foredeck
• Carbon fibre and stainless steel grab rails
• Large bathing platform accessed via transom door
• Cockpit shower
Anchoring & Mooring:
• Lewmar V4 24vDC 2,000w reversing anchor windlass
• 20kgs Delta anchor with chain
• Mooring equipment
Covers, Cushions & Canvas:
• White leather cockpit upholstery
General note on safety equipment: Any safety equipment such as liferafts, Epirbs, fire extinguishers and flares etc. are usually personal to the current owner(s) and if being left on-board as part of the sale of a used vessel may require routine servicing, replacement, or changing to meet a new owners specific needs.
Viewing arrangementsLying Erbusco, Italy
Available to view strictly by appointment
Office Hours Mon- Fri 0900 – 17.00
Saturday by prior appointment
For more information or to arrange a viewing please contact us.
Please Note: Due to the varying locations of our yachts, your travel time and the distances that may be involved, we recommend that you only make arrangements to view if you are actively considering purchase.
Lead Broker: Michele Antonini – Grabau International (Italia)
Tel: +39 333 74 89 281
Grabau International offers the details of all vessels in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information or warranty the condition of any vessel and the details do not constitute a part of any contract. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. All vessels are offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice. Grabau International provides professional yacht conveyancing and legal transfer of title for all yachts as per the ABYA Code of Practice with all deposit payments and final balance payments processed through secure dedicated client accounts solely for that purpose. Our dedicated client accounts are written in trust at Natwest Bank and we are fully insured.