2003 MOODY 47
£195,000 tax paid
Commissioned August 2004 - Very high spec Moody 47
|New or Used||Used|
|Tax/VAT Status||Tax paid|
|Lying||Cruising Western Aegean, Greece|
|Engine||Yanmar 4JH3-TE 78hp|
|Keel Type||Fin Keel|
|Drinking Water Capacity||770l|
DescriptionFantastically well-equipped example of the very popular Bill Dixon designed Moody 47 centre cockpit blue water cruising yacht. Offering the ideal combination of performance, comfort and capability.
FURTHER BROKER’S COMMENTS:
Constructed in 2003, yet not commissioned until August 2004, JOHANEM is a very high specification Moody 47’s fitted out for long-term liveaboard blue water cruising.
In her first ownership, JOHANEM was very lightly used. In her second ownership, JOHANEM was fitted out for a planned ARC crossing (at an additional cost of in excess of £30,000) which she completed in 2007 before being shipped back to Europe. Her present (and third) owners purchased JOHANEM in June 2011 and further updated and refitted the yacht ahead of their own ARC crossing in 2012. JOHANEM then returned to Europe with ARC Europe in 2013 and has been based in the Med since then.
JOHANEM has enjoyed the cruising she was built for, and boasting one of the best specifications we have seen, her highlights include:-
• 3-cabin, 2-head layout with fantastic owner’s cabin aft and VIP cabins forward.
• 2.06m draft keel for great windward performance
• Sloop rig with genoa
• Inmast furling mainsail
• Cruising chute with snuffer and bowsprit
• Upgraded electric winch package
• Recently painted dark blue topsides
• CopperCoat antifoul system
• Teak decks
• Davits with tender and outboard
• Wind generator and solar panels
• Self-steering gear
• Solid spray-screen plus large bimini and cockpit tent
• Webasto hot-air cabin heating system
• Washing machine
• Water-cooled Fridge and freezers
• LCD TV
• Raymarine navigation instruments with 2x radar/chart plotter displays
• SSB with insulated backstay and Pactor modem
• Iridium satellite telephone
• AIS transponder
Continually updated and refined by her current owners, JOHANEM is now offered for sale at a very realistic price as her owners now wish to move on to new projects. JOHANEM is UK VAT-paid and Part 3 British Registered.
JOHANEM offers proven ocean crossing capabilities. Her traditional heavyweight construction helps look after her crew. When bad sea and weather conditions provide a rough trip for crews in lighter built yachts, JOHANEM looks after you. In 8 years and over 25,000 Nm sailing we have always felt safe and secure.
Like its sisters, the 54 and the 64, the Moody 47 is capable of very fast passage times thanks to its long waterline and efficient hull shape.
Handling this yacht is very easy and well within the capabilities of a couple sailing on their own. All Moodys are specified with a high level of equipment as standard to ensure that shorthanded sailing presents no problems and the 47 has a furling main and genoa.
The long, and very comfortable cockpit is protected by a stainless steel framed windscreen.
• The yacht is built to CE Boat Category A-Ocean.
• Hand laid glassfibre construction with isophthalic gelcoat backed by initial lay up of powder bound mat and isophthalic resin
• Hull topsides above waterline balsa cored sandwich construction for light weight and increased stiffness
• Hull stiffened by bonded in frames and stringers in conjunction with semi structural internal mouldings
• Transom includes hinging transom door/swimming platform with electro hydraulic powered up and down functions
• Dark blue painted topsides – repainted 2016
• Inset gold cavita line in topsides
• Coppercoat multiyear antifouling system – applied 2016
Deck & Superstructure Construction:
• Deck areas with integrally moulded in non slip finish in addition to swept laid teak deck to ring deck and forward coachroof
• Teak laid side decks, forward superstructure top, cockpit sole and cockpit seating
• Deck areas stiffened with balsa core with plywood backing pads in way of deck fittings
• Deck edge incorporates raised bulwark with teak cap rail
Keel & Rudder:
• Iron bolted fin keel
• Keel bolt backing plates and nuts replaced – 2015
• Semi-balanced GRP rudder with half-depth skeg and stainless steel stock
Engine & gearbox:
• Yanmar 4JH3-TE 78hp 4-cylinder turbo charged diesel engine
• Freshwater cooling via sea-water inlet and heat exchanger to closed freshwater cooling circuit
• Drive via reduction gearbox
• Engine instrument panel mounted in cockpit
• Fuel supply from tank fitted with manual remote fuel shut off cock
• Sound insulated engine compartment
• Thermostatically controlled blown ventilation to engine space
• Separ fuel/water filter
Maintenance & Performance:
• Engine hours: 2,794 hours as of Summer 2019
• Engine serviced regularly
• Cruising speed: 7.5 knots @ 2400rpm 4ltrs/hr
• Maximum speed: 8.5knots @ 2750rpm
• Range @ cruising speed: 1125Nm
Propulsion & Steering:
• Sleipner Sidepower 12v DC bowthruster with joystick control at helm
• Stainless steel shaft and bronze P bracket
• Brunton 3-bladed Autoprop – 2012 (serviced 2019)
• Spare original 3-bladed fixed prop
• Whitlock moulded white helm pedestal with Yanmar engine control panel, throttle lever, stainless steel grab-bar and additional instrument pod.
• Wire steering – steering cables replaced 2012
• Hide-covered stainless steel helm wheel
• Emergency steering gear
• Hydrovane self-steering system – 2012
• 12vDC primary domestic system with 220v AC via shorepower or generator
• 3x Exide Marine Multiplex 124Ah 12vDC domestic batteries joined in parallel to supply 372Ah – 2016/19
• 2x 110Ah bow thruster batteries – 2019
• 1x 110Ah engine start battery – 2019
• 1x 74Ah generator start battery
• Mastervolt, masterlink BTM - 111 battery monitoring system
• Mastervolt 50A chargemaster 12/50A-3 – fitted 2014
• Fischer Panda 4500 FCB PMS 3.8kw diesel generator - 2011
• Generator hours –808hrs as of Summer 2019
Solar and Wind:
• Photonics Universe 150w - 2016
• Charge regulator – 2019
• Airbreeze wind generator - 2017
• 12vDC alternator on engine – replaced 2019
• 220vAC shorepower supply with ring main and 220v AC sockets in interior
• Circuit breakers with automatic fuses and indicator lamps for all individual circuits.
PLUMBING & GAS SYSTEMS
• 12vDC pressure system with Par Max pump
• Hot water supplied via engine cooling with calorifier or via 230vAC immersion heater element from shore power in well-insulated hot water tank
• Hot & cold pressurised water to galley, heads and shower in cockpit
• Seafresh H204A 220vAC water maker, 72lph – 2007
• High and low pressure pumps serviced – 2019
• 2x 12vDC electric bilge pumps
• Manual bilge pump in cockpit
• All seacocks and skin fittings with DZR fittings replaced – 2016
• Fuel capacity: 431 litres in one stainless steel tank
• Fuel tank level gauge at helm pedestal
• Freshwater capacity: 770 litres in two plastic tanks
• Water tank gauge at chart table
• Black water holding tank – 110 litres
• Tanks discharge directly overboard or via deck evacuation point.
NAVIGATION & COMMUNICATION EQUIPMENT
• Raymarine Raymarine C80 GPS chartplotter and radar display
• Raymarine 4kw Raydome closed array radar scanner
• Autohelm ST6001 autopilot with hydraulic linear drive
• Autohelm ST600R wired autopilot remote control
• Raymarine ST60 displays with speed, depth and wind transducers
• Whitlock steering compass as companionway
• Raymarine C80 GPS chartplotter and radar display
• Furuno NX-300 Navtex display
• Digital Yacht AIS2000 Class B AIS transponder – 2012
• USB port for instrument to PC feedback
• Icom M505 VHF with DSC
• Icom Commandmic III in cockpit
• Icom IC-M801E SSB radio with insulated backstay
• Icom SP-24 speaker at chart table
• Pactor 11 modem for SSB
• Iridium satellite telephone system
• ICOM IC-M33 handheld VHF
• Smev 4-burner gimballed gas cooker with oven & grill and stainless steel crash bar
• Front opening stainless steel refrigerator with 12v water-cooled refrigeration unit.
• Top opening freezer compartment with 12v water-cooled freezing unit.
• Panasonic 230v Microwave oven with grill and convection oven
• 12v Extractor fan for cooker
• Twin stainless steel sinks with pressurised hot & cold water supplies
• Manual fresh supply to galley
• Hot & cold thermostatically controlled showers in forward and aft heads
• Additional manual fresh water pumps for sinks
• Jabsco Parr manual marine toilets
• Head outlet pipes replaced 2019
• Soba 220vAC washing machine – fitted in aft cabin wardrobe - 2019
Heating & Ventilation:
• Webasto diesel-fired hot air heating system with 7 outlets
• 7x Caframo 12vDC fans
• Ventilation consisting of opening skylights and opening portlights
• LED interior lighting
• Sony radio/CD player with speakers in saloon and waterproof speakers in cockpit
• Cello 22” LCD TV with DVD in saloon
• Euronova 100F mast-mounted TV aerial
Summary of Accommodation:
• Up to 6 berths in two double cabins and 2x singles in side cabin and further occasional settee berth in saloon
• Headroom approx 6’4” throughout
• Cherry joinery with teak-faced marine ply and solid teak joinery where appropriate
• Teak with holly inlay sole-boards – revarnished 2016
• White vinyl headlinings – mostly replaced 2016
• White leather upholstery throughout
• Beige cloth curtains
• Beige Avonite galley worktops
• Dark blue Avonite surfaces in heads
• LED lighting throughout with
• Lee cloths fitted to all berths
• All sleeping cabins have blackout/ mosquito roller blinds
Description of Accommodation from Forward:
• Centreline double berth with storage under and deep stowage drawers.
• Vanity shelves to port and starboard sides.
• Large hanging locker to starboard.
• Opening deck hatch gives light and ventilation.
Twin Guest Cabin:
• Twin single berths, with stowage space beneath the lower berth and locker space above the upper berth.
• Hanging locker and storage.
• Opening deck hatch gives light and ventilation.
• Finished in attractive, wipe clean laminate surfaces.
• Wash basin, manual marine toilet, separate shower area. Hot and cold pressurised water, manual fresh water supply, electrically pumped shower waste water discharge.
• Floor in decorative teak and white stripe finish in way of toilet and wash basin and teak grating in shower area.
• Stowage lockers.
• Opening deck hatch provides light and ventilation.
• Large C shaped settee to port side with folding leaf table to give either coffee table or dining table sizes, generous stowage space under the settee, tankage beneath the saloon floor.
• To starboard are 2 built in armchairs with a built-in locker between to house the television and DVD.
• The built in armchairs house pull out stools to provide additional seating around the dining table.
• Hull portlights above the settee and seats provide light together with the large saloon windows.
• Opening deck hatch and dorades provide light and ventilation.
• Navigation desk, to take a half folded Admiralty chart, with chart stowage space beneath lid, drawer space beneath chart table.
• Furniture units to incorporate space for additional navigational instruments, electronics and electrical distribution board.
• Chart table seat covered in water resistant covering.
• Wet hanging locker aft of chart table seat.
• Large U-shaped galley one step down from saloon.
• Twin sinks in Avonite worktop, sinks fitted with electric pump out.
• Large front opening stainless steel refrigerator plus top opening freezer.
• Gimballed 4 burner cooker complete with crash bar, microwave oven wired to shore support system or generator/inverter,
• Extractor fan built in above cooker.
• Generous work top space with deeply fiddled edges.
• Stowage lockers for food, crockery, pots and pans.
Walkthrough to Aft Cabin:
• Accessed aft of navigation area the cabin comprises a single mid-level height berth converted to provide an extremely large full-size chart table area with extensive stowage for admiralty charts below and further stowage for pilot guides in teak shelving. Built in locker/sideboard unit.
• Opening portlight gives light and ventilation.
• Large centreline double berth, with deep drawer space beneath.
• Double sprung mattress.
• Twin curved seats flowing away from the berth, with drawer space beneath.
• Generous hanging locker space, vanity desk and shelved storage.
• Light and ventilation is provided by opening deck hatch, opening portlights and an aft facing coachroof window.
• Washing machine installed in locker.
• En suite to the aft stateroom, the compartment comprises a separate shower stall complete with electric shower waste pump out, large bowl marine toilet and wash hand basin.
• Wooden finished stowage lockers.
• The compartment is finished in attractive wipe clean laminate finishes.
• Opening portlight for light and ventilation.
• Selden sloop rig masthead rigged.
• Silver anodised mast and boom
• S/S standing rigging renewed 2012 by Kiwi Rigging Gosport.
• Double aft swept spreaders
• In mast furling mainsail system.
• Bearings replaced 2016
• Selden Furlex 400S Genoa furling system
• Selden gas rod kicker
• Detachable inner forestay for storm jib
• Bespoke detachable S/S bowsprit
• Selden spinnaker pole
• 2x Genoa electric winches Lewmar 54 CEST
• 1x Genoa furling line electric winch Lewmar
• 1x mainsail control line electric winch Lewmar
• 1x mainsheet winch Lewmar
• 1x gybe preventer line winch
• Extra 2x mast halyard winches Lewmar 40CST
• Mainsheet aft of cockpit with traveller Mainsail and Genoa controls from cockpit
• Kemp Sails dyneema in-mast furling mainsail – 2012
• Kemp Sails dyneema furling genoa – 2012
• Asymmetric cruising chute with snuffer
• Removable genoa cover for added UV protection
• Stainless steel pulpit, pushpit (with teak seats inset to port and starboard), guardrails, bathing ladder, side-opening boarding gates, grab rails & dorade pulpits
• Stainless steel window frames for saloon
• Stainless steel framed solid sprayscreen
• Teak folding cockpit table
• Teak gunwales with SS rubbing strips by cleats
• Simpson Series 7 225kgs stainless steel dinghy davits – serviced with new wires 2019
• Wide fold-down Transom swim platform with electro-hydraulic activation (hydraulic hoses replaced 2019)
• Swim ladder
• Bow boarding ladder
• Hot & cold transom shower
• Wood/aluminium gangplank - 2019
Anchoring & Mooring:
• Lewmar Concept 2 reversing electric windlass – 2016
• Anchor control at helm or at bow via Quick removable windlass control – 2019
• Twin bow rollers at stemhead
• Rocna 25kgs anchor with 100m of 10mm chain – 2019
• Fortress FX37 aluminium kedge anchor with 50m weighted rope – 2019
• Saltwater deck wash down in anchor locker
• Cooney stainless steel deck cleats
• Ankalina 75m hosereel shore/anchor line - 2013
• Fenders & warps
Tender & Outboard:
• Avon 310 RIB
• Mercury 15hp 2-stroke outboard engine
Covers, Cushions & Canvas:
• Chrome and Perspex windshield
• Sprayhood – 2012
• Bimini – 2012
• Cockpit tent with frame - 2003
• Cockpit cushions
General note on safety equipment: Any safety equipment such as liferafts, Epirbs, fire extinguishers and flares etc. are usually personal to the current owner(s) and if being left on-board as part of the sale of a used vessel may require routine servicing, replacement, or changing to meet a new owners specific needs.
• Running lights forward, stern light
• LED masthead lights
• Deck light
• 2012 Ocean Safety 6-man canister life raft over 24 hours. Next service due Feb 2020
• Horseshoe buoy
• Throwing line
• MOB revert top ladders
• SeaMe active radar reflector
• Seafire built in fire extinguishing system in engine room
• Cabin Fire extinguishers
Viewing arrangementsLying Cruising Aegean, Greece
Available to view strictly by appointment
Office Hours Mon- Fri 0900 – 17.00
Saturday by prior appointment
For more information or to arrange a viewing please contact us.
Please Note: Due to the varying locations of our yachts, your travel time and the distances that may be involved, we recommend that you only make arrangements to view if you are actively considering purchase.
Tel: +44 (0)1590 673715
Grabau International offers the details of all vessels in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information or warranty the condition of any vessel and the details do not constitute a part of any contract. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. All vessels are offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice. Grabau International provides professional yacht conveyancing and legal transfer of title for all yachts as per the ABYA Code of Practice with all deposit payments and final balance payments processed through secure dedicated client accounts solely for that purpose. Our dedicated client accounts are written in trust at Natwest Bank and we are fully insured.