1978 NAUTOR SWAN 47 MKI
Stunning non-teak decked S&S Swan 47
|Manufacturer/Model||Nautor Swan 47 MkI|
|Designer||Sparkman & Stephens|
|New or Used||Used|
|Engine||Volvo Penta MD21A 59hp|
|Keel Type||Fin Keel|
|Drinking Water Capacity||280l|
DescriptionProfessionally maintained S&S Swan 47 from 1978. One of the few Swan 47’s built without a teak deck which makes this stunning S&S design even more attractive in the current market.
FURTHER BROKER’S COMMENTS:
An evergreen classic, designed by S&S and built as only Nautor can, SHERPA offers sparkling sailing together with build quality that is never to be repeated. Perfect for serious cruising, these yachts also shine in the Regatta circuit and are rare to the brokerage market.
SHERPA was launched in 1978, and is hull number 15 of the series which began in 1974 and ended in 1979 with 70 hulls launched including a series especially for the New York Yacht Club. She is fitted with the extremely versatile Mk1 interior layout.
With a light use from her first owner, she is now professionally maintained and updated in recent years since her owner’s purchase in 2015 , SHERPA is a rare example of no teak on the deck Swan 47’s out there. Her highlighted are many and include:-
• Gennaker and spinnaker options
• Electric winches
• Dyneema halyards
• 2 blades folding propeller
• RCD Status: Our understanding is that the yacht is exempt from the essential safety requirements of Directive 94/25EC (Recreational Craft Directive) as she was built and placed into use within the EU prior to 1998.
• GRP laminate hull construction
• The hull is built of single skin construction. A high proportion of the fibres are unidirectional, giving a stiff laminate with excellent strength and fatigue properties.
• Hull epoxy treated
• White gelcoat hull finish
Deck & Superstructure Construction:
• GRP deck and superstructure construction
• Teak decking to cockpit – replaced in 2017
• Teak decking to coachroof top – to be replaced.
Keel & Rudder:
• The fin keel with keel ballast is cast lead alloyed with antimony.
• Cast-in keel bolts are of high-tensile stainless steel.
• Rudder - Foam-filled fibre glass constructed with a high tensile tubular stainless steel stock
Engine & gearbox:
• Volvo Penta tipo MD21A 4-cylinder naturally aspirated diesel engine producing 44,8 kW (59hp) @ 3.000 rpm.
• Engine hours – approx. 2000 as of October 2018
• Serviced October 2018.
• Engine control via single lever control
• Freshwater cooling with heat exchanger and raw water intake and strainer.
• Mechanical reverse gearbox
Propulsion & Steering:
• Shaft drive with stainless steel shaft driving supported by p-bracket
• Nautor helm pedestal with cable steering controlled by hide covered stainless steel wheel
• 12v DC service battery circuit.
• DC & AC panel at navigation area with battery monitor system.
• 220vAC supplied by shore-power
• 1x 12v 72Ah for the engine start.
• 4x 12v 100Ah service batteries.
• Mastervolt 12v 80Ah battery charger with charger controller
• 2x Engine-mounted alternator with split-charger
• 220v AC shore-power supply
PLUMBING & GAS SYSTEMS
• Pressurised hot & cold water system using 12v DC pressure pump assisted by pressure accumulator
• Water heated engine driven calorifier with 220v AC immersion element in well-insulated tank.
• Hot & cold pressurised water supplies to galley and heads.
• Manual freshwater supplied to each faucet
• 12vDC electric bilge pump
• Manual bilge pump
• 2x 12vDC electric shower drain pumps
• Original seacocks
• 360 litres fuel capacity in three stainless steel tanks
• Electric fuel pump connecting outboard tanks to central tank
• 280 litres fresh water capacity in stainless steel tanks
NAVIGATION & COMMUNICATION EQUIPMENT
• 1x B&G wind speed analogic.
• 1x B&G wind direction analogic.
• 1x B&G tiller arm angle analogic.
• 1x B&G depth analogic.
• 1x B&G Speed Log.
• Autopilot control in cockpit
• Plastimo Horizon 135 steering compass
At the chart table:
• Raymarine C80 Chartplotter.
• Speed log B&G Harrier.
• Depth sounder B&G.
• VHF Sailors mod. R108
• 3-burner stainless steel gimballed gas stove with oven
• Frigomar 12vDC refrigeration system with 2x top opening fridge boxes, salt-water heat-exchangers and eutectic tanks
• 2x Stainless steel sinks with hot & cold water supply.
• Manual fresh and salt water supplies
• Manual marine ORVEA heads – 2016
• Hot & cold pressurised showers
• Halogen interior lighting with extra reading lights over berths.
Summary of Accommodation:
• 9 berths in 2 cabins plus saloon
• Burma teak interior joinery made up of faced marine plywood with solid teak where appropriate
• Teak battening to exposed hull sides.
• Teak soleboards
• White vinyl headlinings with teak trim
• Upholstery in white
Description of Accommodation from Forward:
• The forward cabin is spacious and has two folding pipes berths. These are very comfortable and have a huge storage space under each one of them. The layout of this forward stateroom is standard. Moving aft, there are lockers with ample storage space on starboard.
• Heads to port opposite starboard storage lockers. Manual marine heads. Wash basin and a shower pan with teak grating. Sink equipped with hot and warm water with manual and pressure water as well as a hand-held shower spray nozzle. Mirrors and lockers with shelves outboard.
• Additional lockers are located to port and starboard in the main cabin. The starboard locker is doubled by a cabinet above, which is used for storage of bar and stemware secured in custom shelving to fit. A U-shaped settee with drop leaf dining table and the opposite settee provides a comfortable dining for eight. Custom day covers and floor mats have preserved upholstery and flooring in new condition. There are also two sea berths in the saloon. These are spacious and very useful in a seaway.
• Stove with oven in the galley with stainless bars and slides to contain the pans. The space surrounding the stove is sheathed in stainless steel and insulated as well. Stainless steel sinks with pressure hot and cold water are opposite the stove. Storage is below the sinks, and drying racks above. Racks were recently powder coated. Foot pumps for seawater and fresh water are located below the sinks. Left and right of the stove there are two top opened fridge lockers. There are large lockers with four sliding doors and six drawers for food crockery and cutlery.
• Located at the aft end of the saloon to starboard. Forward facing chart table with seat and full sized chart table. Lockers and drawers for stowage of charts and equipment. Space for navigation instruments. AC & DC panel.
• Manual marine heads. Wash basin and a shower pan with teak grating. Sink equipped with hot and warm water with manual and pressure water as well as a hand-held shower spray nozzle. Mirrors and lockers with shelves outboard.
• The aft cabin/master aft stateroom has a double berth to starboard and a single berth to port. The aft cabin is one of the most spacious for the size of the boat, occupying all the area from the bulkhead abaft the main entrance until the seats of the cockpit; there is full head height for more than two thirds of the length of the berths. An L-shaped settee between the berths is very cozy, a very deep and broad locker at port with long drawers underneath gives a very large dress storage space. Abaft the main bulkhead there is a console on top the engine cover and a mirror on the bulkhead.
• Keel stepped aluminium anodised mast
• Masthead rig with 2-sets of inline spreaders
• Harken Manual genoa furler
• Forestay replaced
• 1x19 10mm stainless steel wire backstay with Holmatro hydraulic tensioner
• Aluminium rigging screw protectors
• Towable genoa cars
• Removable inner forestay for staysail
• Spinnaker track on mast
• 2x Spinnaker pole – deck stowed
• 2x genoa halyard, 2x spinnaker halyards, staysail halyard, pole uphaul, mainsail halyard, spare mainsail halyard and topping lift
• Spare halyards and sheets
• I = 18.9m, J = 6.04m, P = 16.98m, E = 4.88m
• Lewmar chromed brass winches including:
• 2x 55 in cockpit
• 2x 48 two speed in cockpit
• 2x 62 three speed in cockpit
• 2x 40 two speed on bridge deck
• 2x 43 two speed on coachroof
• 1x 40 two speed for the main
• Harken 2x Self tailing electric winches on bridge deck
• 1x medium furling genoa.
• 1x heavy furling genoa.
• 1x light furling genoa.
• 1x staysail.
• 1x furling jib.
• 1x main.
• 1x 0,75 Spinnaker
• 1x 1,50 Spinnaker
• 1x 1,75 Spinnaker
• 1x 2,50 Spinnaker
• Stainless steel pushpit, pulpit and guardrail stanchions with side exits.
• Teak Passarelle
• Swimming ladder
• Stainless steel dorade vents
Anchoring & Mooring:
• 12v 1500w Lofran electric anchor windlass
• 45lbs CQR anchor with 100m of 12mm chain
• Mooring warps and fenders
Covers, Cushions & Canvas:
• Mainsail cover
General note on safety equipment: Any safety equipment such as liferafts, Epirbs, fire extinguishers and flares etc. are usually personal to the current owner(s) and if being left on-board as part of the sale of a used vessel may require routine servicing, replacement, or changing to meet a new owners specific needs.
• 6-man liferaft serviced in 10/2018
Viewing arrangementsLying – Porto Rotondo, Italy
Available to view strictly by appointment
Office Hours Mon- Fri 0900 – 17.00
Saturday by prior appointment
For more information or to arrange a viewing please contact us.
Please Note: Due to the varying locations of our yachts, your travel time and the distances that may be involved, we recommend that you only make arrangements to view if you are actively considering purchase.
Lead Broker: Michele Antonini – Grabau International (Italia)
Tel: +39 333 74 89 281
Grabau International offers the details of all vessels in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information or warranty the condition of any vessel and the details do not constitute a part of any contract. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. All vessels are offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice. Grabau International provides professional yacht conveyancing and legal transfer of title for all yachts as per the ABYA Code of Practice with all deposit payments and final balance payments processed through secure dedicated client accounts solely for that purpose. Our dedicated client accounts are written in trust at Natwest Bank and we are fully insured.