Build No.145 of the German Frers designed Nautor Swan 48 from 2002. Well presented and continually maintained/upgraded. A very smart late-model example of arguably one of the prettiest of all the German Frers generation Swans.
FURTHER BROKER’S COMMENTS:
The German Frers designed 2002 Nautor Swan 48 ‘ALFA HELIX’ is a beautifully designed and built cruising Swan. Her twin cockpit layout makes for safe offshore passage making, she returns very high daily mileage when offshore and will look after you in all conditions. The perfect Swan for transatlantic
crossings or for sailing the Med.
Her inventory highlights include:-
• White hull
• Teak decks
• 2.40m draft keel
• MaxProp feathering propeller
• 24vDC domestic electrics
• Spectra watermaker
• Raymarine & B&G instruments
• Radar and plotter systems
• Icom SSB
• KVH Fleet broadband
• Additional fridges and freezers
• Microwave oven
• Air-conditioning for master cabin
• Eberspacher water-based heating system
• LCD TV
• Electric primary and main halyard winches
• Recently replaced primary sails
• Code Zero and symmetrical spinnakers
Dutch-flagged and Spanish (EU) VAT paid, ALFA HELIX is now offered for sale to make way for a larger vessel.
Our Nautor Swan 48, ALFA HELIX, proved herself to be as we expected, a very well designed and safe sporty yacht. Even though she could sail very competitive in a race, she also is a surprisingly comfortable ship.
Her excellent layout on deck makes it very comfortable to sail her, even one handed. The spacious high-quality interior, was a welcoming change from our previous ships.
We have sailed her from Lymington UK to Amsterdam, where she had a re-fit. Then we sailed her to the Med, where we compiled some very fond memories.
Currently she resides in the Ionian Sea in Greece under Dutch flag. We have only sailed her privately, did not do any oceanic crossings and only used her for cruising.
Now it is time for her to have new owners, whom we are sure, will enjoy sailing her as much as we did.
• Our understanding is that the vessel is constructed to comply with CE Boat Category A-ocean
• Fiberglass/polyester, hand-laid hull
• The structural bulkheads are fabricated from marine grade plywood sections that are laminated to both the hull and the deck. The hull stiffeners are unidirectional layups over foam cores.
• Hull colour: gelcoat NGA 2000 white
• Boot top, cove stripe and coaming stripe: gelcoat NGA 7007 blue
Deck & Superstructure Construction:
• GRP deck with a high-density foam core.
• Teak laid side decks, coachroof, cockpit and fold-out bathing platform
• Teak toerail
Keel & Rudder:
• The keel is an accurately finished lead casting with antimony. Cast-in keel bolts are of high-tensile SS.
• Rudder blade constructed off foam filled GRP with tubular tapered stock of E-glass composite, supported by two self-aligning roller bearings.
• Rudder bearing replaced 2018
Engine & gearbox:
• Volvo Penta MD-22 4 cylinder naturally-aspirated diesel engine producing 57hp
• Reduction with shaft drive
• Morse control lever for engine/gearbox
• Freshwater engine cooling using raw water inlet and heat exchanger.
Maintenance & Performance:
• Date of last engine service: Spring 2022
Propulsion & Steering:
• MaxProp 3-bladed feathering propeller
• Cable steering with chain drive, sheaves provided with guards to prevent jamming. Steering quadrant bolted to rudder stock. 60” (1.51 m) stainless destroyer type wheel.
• Emergency tiller stowed in lazarette.
• 24vDC primary domestic system with 12vDC start circuit and 230v AC via shorepower or inverter
• 1x 12vDC engine start battery
• 12vDC deep discharge service batteries joined in parallel and series to supply 400Ah @ 24vDC – 2021
• Magnetronic DCC4000 digital battery control system
Charging / Inverter:
• Mastervolt battery charger
• Mastervolt MASS Sine 24/2500 2,500w inverter
• 75Amp Amptech 24vDC engine-mounted alternator
• 12vDC engine-mounted alternator
• Magnetronic DCV2000 and DCA2000 digital voltage and amp meters for DC circuits
• Magnetronic ACV2000 and ACA2000 digital voltage and amp meters for AC circuits
• Shorepower supply with ring main and 220vAC sockets in interior
• Circuit breakers with automatic fuses and indicator lamps for all individual circuits.
PLUMBING & GAS SYSTEMS
• 24vDC pressure system with pressure pump
• Hot water supplied via engine cooling with or via 220vAC immersion heater element from shore power
• Drinking water purifier.
Deck shower at bathing platform, hot and cold.
• Fresh water outlet in forepeak.
• Deck wash, sea water outlet in forepeak.
• Spectra 380-C 24V, 16 gallons per hour, automatic salinity control and automatic freshwater back flush with remote control panel.
• Manual bilge pumps
• High capacity electric bilge pumps with manual override at DC panel
• 2x 24vDC shower drain pumps
• All drains through hull with ball valve seacocks.
• Through bottom fittings and other piping fittings are brass.
• Double hose clamps on all through hull points.
• Hoses are of reinforced flexible PVC polyethylene
• 300 litres diesel capacity in 1x stainless steel tanks from deck and ventilated.
• 430 litres fresh water capacity in 2x stainless steel tanks filled from deck and ventilated
• Stainless steel holding tanks for forward and aft heads with hand-pump discharge and deck suction
NAVIGATION & COMMUNICATION EQUIPMENT
• Raymarine ES75 HybridTouch GPS chart plotter – 2018
• Raymarine EV-400 autopilot (2018) with B&G hydraulic ram RAM-T3 24V (2019)
• Raymarine displays at companionway
• 3x B&G displays at companionway
• 3x B&G Hercules repeater displays at mast
• Suunto steering compass
At Chart Table:
• Simrad radar system with CR40 10” LCD display at chart table and RB-715A scanner on post on aft deck and MLG-3 DGPS antenna on push pit
• Digital baromter/weather station
• Connections for laptop computer
• Raymarine RAY VHF with DSC in saloon and extra handset in GRP box in cockpit – 2018
• SSB Icom IC M710
• KVH Fleet Broadband with 250 TracPhone antenna – 2010
• Delta DSC Pacific active antenna for VHF, marine receiver, TV/FM, cellular phone, including Windex with light
• Insulated backstay and grounding Cage for SSB radio
• Force 10 stainless steel gimballed gas stove with 3-burners and oven
• Siemens HF 16056EU 220vAC stainless steel microwave oven
• Isotherm 24vDC refrigeration
• Additional 220vAC Iceberg refrigeration unit
• Isotherm 24vDC 60 litre freezer beneath chart seat
• Manual marine heads
• Heads showers with automatic temperature control and electric pump out
Heating & Ventilation:
• Marineair 10000 BTU 220vAC reverse-cycle air-conditioning system for master cabin powered via shorepower - 2022
• Eberspacher D5W, 24V hydronic water heating system with outlets to master cabin, saloon, toilets and guests cabins and wet locker.
• 24vDC ventilation fans
• Ventilation consisting of opening skylights, dorades and opening portlights
• Ample overhead lights chromed bulkhead reading lights at settees and berths (LED throughout)
• Flat screen TV Sharp LCD TV 15”
• DVD player Sony DVP-F5
• Radio minidisk player in saloon, Sony MDX-C6500 including remote control, with two loudspeakers Poly- Planar MA-905 flush mounted in overhead.
• Sony CD changer in salon.
• Sony radio/CD player with two Poly-Planar MA-905 loudspeakers in aft cabin.
• 2x Sony XS-MP-61 loudspeakers in cockpit.
Summary of Accommodation:
• Owner’s cabin aft with centre line double berth and separate entrance from cockpit.
• Port guest cabin with lower single berth and upper single berth.
• Starboard guest cabin with lower single berth and upper single berth.
• Spacious main saloon with settee and full length settee on starboard side.
• 2 heads with integrated showers
• Nautor hand-rubbed varnished teak interior, satin finish
• Teak & holly cabin sole, varnished
• Canvas leecloths for berths
• Corian countertops in Galley
• Teak gratings instead of standard tiles in heads
• Corian Aurora at wash basins in both toilets.
• Cloth upholstery throughout
• Nautor built aluminium alloy anodised mast and boom.
• Keel-stepped masthead rigged mast
• 3-sets of in-line spreaders with checkstays for additional support.
• Navtec discontinuous stainless steel standing rigging – serviced 2010
• Low-friction mainsail track on mast with battencars for mainsail
• Harken adjustable mainsheet track between aft and mid-cockpits with dedicated winches
• Reckmann RS2000/30 manual genoa furler
• Aramid removable stay for staysail
• Shroud rollers for main shrouds
• Trysail track on mast
• Carbon fibre spinnaker pole
• Harken adjustable mast track for spinnaker pole
• Jockey pole with elk hide protected ends.
• Navtec hydraulic adjustable vang, babystay, outhaul and split backstay
• Control lines led aft to companionway winches for short-handed sailing
• Removable pole for Code Zero
• 2 x Lewmar 66 AEST 2-speed electric self-tailing primary winches
• 2 x Lewmar 64 AST 2-speed manual self-tailing spinnaker winches
• 1 x Lewmar 54 AEST 2-speed electric self-tailing halyard winch to starboard
• 1 x Lewmar 54 AST 2-speed manual self-tailing halyard winch on port
• 2 x Lewmar 48 AST 2-speed manual self-tailing mainsheet winches
• Dacron battened mainsail – 2021
• Dacron 130% furling genoa – 2021
• Dacron 90% furling genoa – 2021
• Dacron staysail
• Code Zero
• 1.00oz symmetric spinnaker
• Integral folding fiberglass swim platform (part of the Helmseat construction) with built-in stainless steel folding swim ladder
• Double lifelines with gates in lifelines each side amidship and on transom.
• Radar post mounted on transom.
• Teak toe rail instead of standard, including 3 pairs of oval drain holes on aft part
• Teak foot support for helmsman
Anchoring & Mooring:
• Lewmar 24vDC 1,500w reversing electric anchor windlass
• Stainless steel 30kgs CQR anchor with 60m of 10mm chain
• Fenders and warps
Covers, Cushions & Canvas:
• Spray hood for aft entrance/cockpit
• Canvas cover for steering wheel and compass
• Padded canvas cover for main salon table
• Mainsail cover
General note on safety equipment: Any safety equipment such as liferafts, Epirbs, fire extinguishers and flares etc. are usually personal to the current owner(s) and if being left on-board as part of the sale of a used vessel may require routine servicing, replacement, or changing to meet a new owners specific needs.
• Liferaft, Autoflug Series 2000/8, in container installed on hatch garage.
• Webbing jackstays
• 3 fire extinguishers
• Remote control fire extinguishing in engine room
Lying Preveza, Greece
Available to view strictly by appointment
Office Hours Mon- Fri 0900 – 17.00
Saturday by prior appointment
For more information or to arrange a viewing please contact us.
Please Note: Due to the varying locations of our yachts, your travel time and the distances that may be involved, we recommend that you only make arrangements to view if you are actively considering purchase.
Lead Broker: Jascha Bach
Tel: +31 641 486879
Grabau International offers the details of all vessels in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information or warranty the condition of any vessel and the details do not constitute a part of any contract. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. All vessels are offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice. Grabau International provides professional yacht conveyancing and legal transfer of title for all yachts as per the ABYA Code of Practice with all deposit payments and final balance payments processed through secure dedicated client accounts solely for that purpose. Our dedicated client accounts are written in trust at Natwest Bank and we are fully insured.