Hull No.11 of 22 Nautor Swan 59 to designs by German Frers. Extensively refitted in recent seasons and upgraded to MCA Cat 0 commercial coding.
FURTHER BROKER’S COMMENTS:
ICEBEAR is a 1991 Swan 59, hull number 11 of 22. She was designed by German Frers. Originally ordered for an experienced Nautor Swan owner and previously named THINDRA, ICEBEAR has been updated and refitted to provide a well-behaved, sea-kindly, and very strongly built platform for commercial charters in all latitudes. Uniquely, and to our knowledge the only Swan of this era and type, ICEBEAR was upgraded to MCA Category 0 coding, allowing her to sail commercially in any waters. This included fitment of watertight bulkheads forward and aft. Now in new ownership, this Category 0 coding in no longer active, but it should not be too difficult to reinstate should her next owner require.
ICEBEAR boasts many specification highlights including:-
• Upgraded to MCA Category 0 specification (not currently coded)
• Three cabin, three heads layout with additional crew cabin forward
• 3.41m draft keel
• Yanmar 160hp engine from 2015
• Tall performance rig option
• Standing rigging replaced 2015 and inspected (rig out) 2021
• Reckman electric furling genoa
• Hank-on forestay with hydraulic tensioner
• Lewmar and Harken powered winches
• Elvstrom Hydranet primary sails from 2019
• Spinnaker (2021) with associated equipment
• Recently replaced and upgraded 6v AGM service batteries providing 24vDC services
• Victron Quattro battery charger from 2021
• Northern Light 4.5kw generator from 2019
• CruiseRO SM40 watermaker from 2020
• Twin alternators (24vDC domestic system)
• Raymarine electronics with radar and plotters
• Raymarine autopilot
• Vesper AIS/GPS creating wireless network for data transmission
• Iridium Go antenna
• Fridge and freezers with upgraded Frigoboat compressors
• RCD Status: Our understanding is that the yacht is exempt from the essential safety requirements of Directive 94/25EC (Recreational Craft Directive) as she was built and placed into use within the EU prior to 1998.
• Built under LR Certification Lloyd’s Register of Shipping nr. 800294
• GRP laminate hull construction
• The hull is built of single glass fibre reinforced polyester hand laying-up method with alternative layers of mat and rowing
• Stiffeners are laid up over foam cores
• All high stress areas are specially strengthened with built up uni-directional roving orientated in the direction of the stress.
• Structural bulkheads of marine grade water-mate plywood laminated to hull and deck
• GRP engine beds
• International Micron 66 antifouling – 2021
• Topsides polished and waxed – 2021
• Black cove stripes repainted - 2021
Deck & Superstructure Construction:
• Hand laid-up moulded fiberglass sandwich construction core for stiffening and insulation
• Appropiate reinforcement incorporated in the area of the winches and fittings
• Teak deck including cockpits and aft coamings
Keel & Rudder:
• Ballast keel is lead casting with antimony
• GRP spade rudder with stainless steel frame supported by two roller bearings
• Lower rudder bearing removed and rebuilt, re-bolted on to the boat
Engine & gearbox:
• Yanmar 4LHA-HTE 4 cylinders turbo charged diesel engine producing 160HP @ 3,200rpm - 2015
• Engine control via single lever control
• Freshwater cooling with heat exchanger and raw water intake and strainer
• Mechanical reverse gearbox reduction
Service & Maintenance:
• Engine hours approx. 2,400 as of Autumn 2022
• Service and replacement fuel injection pump – April 2022
Propulsion & Steering:
• Shaft drive with stainless steel shaft, p-bracket and PSS dripless shaft seal
• Max-Prop 3-bladed feathering propeller
• Wheel steering with hide-covered stainless steel helm wheel - New wheel leather custom installed by Annelie Mills in Antigua 2021
• 24vDC primary domestic system with 12vDC starting circuit and 220v AC via shore power or generator.
• 2x 12vDC engine start batteries
• 12vDC generator start battery
• 6vDC AGM service battery bank joined in parallel and series to provide 450Ah @ 24vDC - 2019
• 24vDC Victron Quattro battery charger for services - 2021
• Northern Lights 4.5kw 220vAC diesel generator - 2019
• Generator hours – approx. 1,612 as of Autumn 2022
• Generator regularly serviced
• 12vDC engine-mounted alternator for charging start banks
• 24vDC engine-mounted alternator for charging service banks
PLUMBING & GAS SYSTEMS
• Pressurised hot & cold water system using DC pressure pump assisted by pressure accumulator
• Water heated by engine driven calorifier with 220v immersion element.
• Thermostatic mixer taps supplying galley and both heads.
• Manual freshwater foot-pump supply at galley.
• Hot & cold cockpit shower
• CruiseRO SM40 220vAC reverse osmosis watermaker producing approx. 40 gallons per hour – 2019
• Manual bilge-pump
• 12vDC electric bilge-pumps
• Engine-driven emergency bilge-pump
• Approx. 715 litres in 3x tanks (2x 225 litres and 1x 265 litres)
• Approx. 1,000 litres in 5x tanks
NAVIGATION & COMMUNICATION EQUIPMENT
• Raymarine 4” MFD display
• Raymarine radar scanner on transom pole
• Raymarine autopilot control head with Evolution AP computer - 2019
• Raymarine MFD showing heading
• Raymarine i50 wind, speed and depth displays with transducers
• Suunto steering compass
At Chart Table:
• IPad chart system with SeaPilot and iNavX charting
• Raymarine E-120 GPS radar chart plotter MFD display
• 2x Raymarine ST60 MFD displays
• Furuno GP-31 GPS navigator
• Vesper XB-8000 ‘Blackbox’ GPS/AIS transponder – 2019 – wired to the Raymarine E-120 to create local wireless network sending GPS and AIS data to connected devices (iPad etc).
• Iridium Go satellite antenna system (no handset)
• Icom SSB with handset and speaker
• B&G VHF with DSC – 2019
• B&G Wireless VHF handset - 2019
• Force 10 stainless steel gimballed gas stove with oven and grill
• Top-loaded freezer with Frigoboat compressor - 2019
• Top-loading fridge with Frigoboat compressor - 2019
• Day fridge with Frigoboat compressor - 2019
• 2x Stainless steel sinks with hot & cold water supply
• Manual and salt water pumps to galley sinks
• Manual marine heads
• Additional freshwater foot pumps in each head
Heating & Ventilation:
• 24vDC ventilation fans throughout
Summary of Accommodation:
• 8 berths in one double aft master cabin, two mirrored twin bunk cabins, saloon settees, plus further crew cabin forward. Three heads.
• Burma teak interior joinery made up of faced marine plywood with solid teak where appropriate
• Teak battening to exposed hull sides.
• Teak sole boards with holly inlay
• White vinyl headlining with teak trim (Velcro affixed for easy access to deckhead).
• Interior upholstery replaced 2019
• Watertight doors fitted for compliance with MCA Cat 0 coding - 2020
Description of Accommodation from Forward:
• Forepeak renovated at Lyman Morse in Maine to a proper sail locker with folding pipe cots to starboard. Fresh paint, and grated floor for drainage.
• Twin separate bunk cabins with fold up berth and ample sail stowage beneath.
• Forward heads shared between guest and crew cabin
• The saloon has pilot berths port and starboard with a U-shaped seating area to starboard with large table with extending leaf and a sofa to starboard.
• The galley is to port with additional food preparation area, twin sink and refrigerator.
• She has a large chart table to starboard.
• The aft cabin has a double centre berth (with split mattresses and leeboard to create two singles when needed), masses of storage and ensuite head with shower
• Custom (by Nautor at time of build) access from aft cabin to cockpit
• Nautor aluminium mast with 3-sets inline spreaders (performance ‘tall’ rig option)
• Mast and boom sprayed white
• Stainless steel rod standing rigging – replaced 2015
• Mast pulled & rod rigging inspected. New toggles fabricated and installed at spreader ends – 2021
• New rod forestay installed - 2021
• Gooseneck reinforced – 2019
• Harken mainsail batt car system
• Navtec hydraulic adjustment for backstay, vang and inner forestay
• Babystay with manual ratcheting tensioner
• Adjustable mainsheet track with dedicated winches
• Reckman electric genoa furling system – 2015 with motor replaced 2021
• Spinnaker track on mast
• Twin deck-stowed aluminium spinnaker poles
• Aluminium reaching strut – deck-stowed
• Dyneema halyards
• Tylaska shackles
• 2x Lewmar 77ST 3-speed self-tailing primary winches
• 2x Lewmar 55ST electric self-tailing secondary winches
• 1x Lewmar 54ST 2-speed electric self-tailing mainsheet winch (port)
• 1x Harken 2-speed electric self-tailing mainsheet winch (starboard) - 2019
• 2x Lewmar 56ST 2-speed electric self-tailing halyard winches on deck
• 2x Lewmar 55ST 3-speed self-tailing halyard winches
• 2x Lewmar 52 2-speed halyard winches
• Elvstrom Sails Hydranet Mainsail w/3 reefs, slab reefing - 2019
• Elvstrom Sails Hydranet 105% furling genoa – 2019
• Hydranet 135% furling genoa – 2015
• UK Sails S4.5 spinnaker (heavy-weather/cruising runner/reacher) 300sqm - 2021
• Dacron hank-on staysail – 2015
• Kemp Sails Dacron hank-on storm jib - 2015 but unused
• Kemp Sails Dacron trysail – 2015 but unused
• Stainless steel pushpit, pulpit and guardrail stanchions.
• Side boarding gates
• Stainless steel radar and antenna poles at stern
• Goiot deckhead hatches and sideports – new Goiot 1.10m opening foredeck hatch to replace original sliding hatch and perspexes replaced in other Goiot deckhead hatches 2004.
• Toughened glass replaced in side ports - 2004
• Folding teak cockpit table
• Folding passarelle
• Outboard bracket
Anchoring & Mooring:
• Lofrans Falkon 1500w 24v electric anchor windlass.
• Rocna 55kgs anchor with 40m 12mm chain and 80m 20mm plaited warp
• Secondary Bruce-type spare anchor with spare rode
• Mooring warps and fenders
Covers, Cushions & Canvas:
• Forward and aft cockpit sprayhoods
• Bimini for main aft cockpit – 2019
• Dodgers – 2019
• Mainsail cover – 2019
• Cockpit cushions
Tender & Outboard:
• Zodiac inflatable tender
• Yamaha Enduro 8hp outboard engine
General note on safety equipment: Any safety equipment such as liferafts, Epirbs, fire extinguishers and flares etc. are usually personal to the current owner(s) and if being left on-board as part of the sale of a used vessel may require routine servicing, replacement, or changing to meet a new owners specific needs.
• Crew Saver 12-man SOLAS liferafts (x2, required for coding) with custom reinforced stern-rail bracket - 2021
• 406Mhz EPIRB x2
• 2x Horseshoe lifebuoys
• Inflatable danbuoy
• MOB recovery line
Lying Lisbon, Portugal
Available to view strictly by appointment
Office Hours Mon- Fri 0900 – 17.00
Saturday by prior appointment
For more information or to arrange a viewing please contact us.
Please Note: Due to the varying locations of our yachts, your travel time and the distances that may be involved, we recommend that you only make arrangements to view if you are actively considering purchase.
Lead Broker: Jascha Bach
Tel: +31 641 486879
Grabau International offers the details of all vessels in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information or warranty the condition of any vessel and the details do not constitute a part of any contract. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. All vessels are offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice. Grabau International provides professional yacht conveyancing and legal transfer of title for all yachts as per the ABYA Code of Practice with all deposit payments and final balance payments processed through secure dedicated client accounts solely for that purpose. Our dedicated client accounts are written in trust at Natwest Bank and we are fully insured.