Beautifully presented example of the very popular Nimbus 305 Coupé with only 115 hours used by her first and only owner. Only used during the summer months in the Finnish archipelago and stored over winter in a heated facility.
FURTHER BROKER’S COMMENTS:
With just one owner since new in 2018, this stunning 2018 Nimbus 305 Coupe is presented in ‘as new’ condition. She has been used very lightly during summer months only with only 115 hours on her Volvo Penta D2 220hp engine. She presents a very attractive alternative to a new build with a great saving on list price and no wait for delivery.
Her specification highlights include:-
• Coupe configuration with opening sun hatches
• Volvo Penta D3 220 hp diesel engine with very low hours
• Electric anchor windlass
• Eberspacher D4 diesel heating
• Electric heads with holding tank
• Recent Simrad chart plotter with radar scanner
Sturdy, smart functionality in an attractive design and with elegant lines for families, bons vivants and inveterate seafarers. Apart from a number of improvements and smart functional solutions, it’s below deck that the greatest innovation is to be found. The biggest news is the boat’s hull, which has been developed and optimised for speeds from 0 to 22 knots. It is made for smaller engines (Volvo Penta D3), Torqeedo fully Electrical and built to run equally comfortably irrespective of speed. The hydro-dynamic shape of the hull means that the boat has no planing threshold at all.
The biggest news is the boat’s hull, which has been developed and optimised for speeds from 0 to 22 knots. It is made for smaller engines (Volvo Penta D3), Torqeedo fully Electrical and built to run equally comfortably irrespective of speed. The hydro-dynamic shape of the hull means that the boat has no planing threshold at all.
”At Nimbus our concern is that a boat should run comfortably at the speeds at which it is used. We know that Coupé owners are fond of cruising at speeds from 4 to 20 knots, when normally boats produce large wake burn a lot of fuel. For the 305 Coupé we have designed a hull that rides comfortably throughout the entire speed range. In practice, the 305 has no real planing threshold and returns low fuel consumption at all speeds. Speed can be adjusted to weather conditions, which provides better safety, comfort and the best possible ride from which to appreciate your natural surroundings,” said Mats Jacobsson, product development manager at Nimbus.
Nimbus started in the 1960s when Volvo Penta was having problems finding a market for its engines. They needed a dedicated recreational boat, so the then President of Volvo Penta commissioned designer Pelle Peterson - a legend in yachting circles - to design the 'perfect boat' for the job.
The result was the Nimbus 26. The next year the Nimbus 26 won the Boat of the Year in Sweden, and the company has since gone on to become one of the biggest pleasure boat builders in Scandinavia.
Nimbus Boats Sweden AB manufacturer leisure boats primarily for the North European market. They build all their boats in Sweden, primarily at their boat yard in Mariestad.
• The yacht conforms with the essential safety requirements of Directive 94/25EC (Recreational Craft Directive) and is categorised ‘B’
Hull, Deck & Superstructure Construction:
• The GRP hull, deck and superstructure
• Divinycell (closed cell foam) core to topsides
• Hull is finished in white with blue and red stripes
• Non-slip decking on port side.
• Teak laid deck in cockpit, straboard side and bow.
• Raised bulwark
• Rubberised protective rubbing strake
Engine & gearbox:
• Volvo Penta D3-220 hp 5 cylinder 2.4 litre Diesel Engine
• Electronic controls gearboxes.
• Electronically controlled common-rail fuel system
• Variable Geometry Turbo ( VGT)
Maintenance & Performance:
• Engine hours: approx. 115 as of November 2022
• Last date of engine service: Autumn 2022
Propulsion & Steering:
• 12vDC bowthruster with controls at helm
• 12vDC aftthruster with controls at helm
• Trim tabs.
• 12vDC domestic system with 220vAC via shorepower
• 12vDC x 77 Ah engine start batterie
• 4 x 80 Ah service Battery
• 1 x 77Ah heavy duty service battery
• Mastervolt 35A Battery charger
• 12v alternator on main engine.
• 230vAC shore power
• 220vAC sockets throughout interior
PLUMBING & GAS SYSTEMS
• Water is pressurised by 12v high-pressure pump system
• Hot & cold freshwater pressurised water supply to head, shower, galley and bathing platform shower.
• 22 litre calorifier driven by engine or via 220v immersion heater element.
• 2x 12vDC electric automatic bilges pumps with manual overrides at DC panel
• 2x manual bilge pumps
• 250 litres fuel tank capacity in stainless steel tank
• 150 litres water tank capacity
• 22 litres hot water tank
• 80 litres blackwater holding tank discharging to sea or via deck outlet
NAVIGATION & COMMUNICATION EQUIPMENT
• Simrad 12” NSS Chart plotter
• Simrad closed array radar scanner
• Simrad speed & Depth sensor
• Steering compass at helm
• Volvo Penta Engine data screen
• ENO 2-burner induction stove with oven in
• Isotherm stainless steel front opening refrigerator with freezer box
• Sink with thermostatic hot & cold mixer tap
• Electric marine heads
• Sink with hot & cold water supply
• Separate shower
Heating & Ventilation:
• Eberspacher D4 diesel-fired hot air cabin heating system with outlets in all cabins
• Ambient air blower
• Led deckhead lights throughout
• Reading lights in all accommodation cabins and in saloon
• Fusion BT stereo
• High quality satin varnished Kaya mahogany joinery throughout.
• Teak and holly sole
• Corian worktops in galley
• GRP countertops in heads compartments.
• Beige upholstery
• White vinyl headlinings and forward cabin hull linings
Description of Accommodation from Forward:
• 5 berths in two cabins plus saloon.
• Forward master cabin with V- double berth. Lockers above and outboard and stowage beneath berth.
• Aft of master cabin is a heads compartment to starboard.
• Guest cabin opposite heads to port with double berth.
• Steps lead up to the upper saloon area with a large u-shaped seating area to port with drop-down saloon table to create occasional double berth.
• The forward end of the saloon seating folds to create a double forward-facing navigating bench adjacent to the helm position which is to starboard.
• Above the helm position and the navigating bench are two large opening hatches to provide ventilation and further forward vision.
• Linear galley aft of helm station.
• Opening sliding door next to helm seat
• Sliding stainless steel glazed patio door to aft cockpit area with L-shaped seating to port, height-adjustable table and further seating to starboard.
• Stainless steel pulpit
• Stainless steel fixed guardrails running aft to deckhouse
• Stainless steel grabrails on foredeck and on cabin top sides
• Stainless steel framed windscreen with windscreen wipers, washers and demisters
• Retractable saloon roof hatches
• Large bathing platform area with fender baskets and locker boxes
• Retractable stainless steel bathing ladder
• Bow ladder
• Hot & cold pressurised shower at bathing platform
Anchoring & Mooring:
• Engbo 12vDC electric anchor windlass with control at helm station and buttons on deck
• Bruce anchor
• Warps & fenders
Covers, Cushions & Canvas:
• White canvas aft cockpit area tent enclosure creating completely dry area
• Beige cockpit upholstery
General note on safety equipment: Any safety equipment such as liferafts, Epirbs, fire extinguishers and flares etc. are usually personal to the current owner(s) and if being left on-board as part of the sale of a used vessel may require routine servicing, replacement, or changing to meet a new owners specific needs.
Lying Kotka, Finland
Available to view strictly by appointment
Office Hours Mon- Fri 0900 – 17.00
Saturday by prior appointment
For more information or to arrange a viewing please contact us.
Please Note: Due to the varying locations of our yachts, your travel time and the distances that may be involved, we recommend that you only make arrangements to view if you are actively considering purchase.
Lead broker: Jonas Renlund – Grabau international ( Scandinavia)
Grabau International offers the details of all vessels in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information or warranty the condition of any vessel and the details do not constitute a part of any contract. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. All vessels are offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice. Grabau International provides professional yacht conveyancing and legal transfer of title for all yachts as per the ABYA Code of Practice with all deposit payments and final balance payments processed through secure dedicated client accounts solely for that purpose. Our dedicated client accounts are written in trust at Natwest Bank and we are fully insured.