Rob Humphreys designed composite flying machine with unused luxury interior and ultra-competitive for inshore and offshore regattas.
FURTHER BROKER’S COMMENTS:
INTREPID is a composite speed machine, built to compete at the very highest level whilst still allowing for easy family cruising, from the board of Humphreys Yacht Design and with construction by Ocean Tec in Slovenia, following on from other highly successful collaborations between builder and designer including the HYD IRC 39 ‘OYSTERCATCHER XXXI’, Class 40 ‘VAQUITA’, and the Hugh Welbourn design DSS50.
INTREPID has been professionally maintained and very lightly used with a completely unused interior. She is now offered for sale as her owner is looking towards new projects. INTREPID offers a unique opportunity to acquire THE boat of the moment with many more seasons of big trophy winning and summer sailing adventures ahead of her.
Her specification highlights include:-
• ORC rating – GPH 536.7 (2021 Club Certificate)
• Pauger carbon mast boom and spreaders
• Carbon fibre and E-Glass vacuum bag hull and deck construction
• Hull topsides vinyl wrapped
• Carbon fibre bowsprit
• Carbon fibre stock and blade
• Lead bulb T-keel with upgraded faired racing finish
• Transversal jib track
• Harken winch package
• Harken and Antal deck hardware
• Raymarine instrument package with 3x T210 Multifunctional Wireless Maxi Display
• Raymarine Axiom 9’ chartplotter
• One Sails 4T Forte carbon composite vacuum-moulded racing sail wardrobe
• 3-double cabin, 1-heads interior layout
ABOUT OCEAN TEC:
Ocean tec is 100% privately owned boat building company, located in Slovenia, EU. The company was established in 2006 by a group of individuals with a strong belief they can build better boats and enjoy the process of doing this.
Since 2006 the company has completed over 50 projects - from epoxy rudders for an 18-footer to race ready 40ft offshore racing boats from a clean sheet of paper and custom 50ft performance cruiser composite structures.
Ocean tec has constantly moved to larger and better equipped premises on order to stay independent from capital groups or bank loans. Now, Ocean tec operates in a 1.350m2 of its own facility.
Ocean tec concentrates on boat building with constant attention to innovation and improvements in composite technology. We want our boats to be reliable, light and finished to highest standards.
It is important for us to work with top specialists - only a good cooperation and teamwork can lead to a successful project and a proud owner.
• We understand that the yacht conforms with the essential safety requirements of Directive 94/25EC (Recreational Craft Directive) and is categorised A – “Ocean” for up to 8 crew.
Hull, deck and superstructure construction:
• Hull and deck vinylester infused PVC core sandwich, carbon fibre and E-Glass reinforcements
• Bulkheads and longitudinal structures vinylester infused PVC core sandwich, carbon fibre and E-Glass reinforcements
• White gel coat finish outside
• Hull topsides vinyl wrapped
• 2-part PU paint sprayed inside
• Non-skid finish on horizontal deck surfaces
• Foam type flooring in cockpit
Keel & Rudder:
• Self-adjusting rudder bearings
• Jefa radial quadrant with chain and steering wire
• Single carbon fibre stock and blade
• Twin Carbonautica white GFC 900mm diameter steering wheels
• T-keel, steel fin boxed in cast iron keel
• 3% antimony lead keel bulb
Engine & gearbox:
• Volvo Penta in-line 4-cylinder, 2.2-liter, charge air cooled diesel engine freshwater cooling producing 49hp @ 3,000 RPM
• Fresh water engine cooling via raw water intake and heat exchanger
• Morse single lever throttle/gear lever
Service & Maintenance:
• Engine hours – approx. tbc. as of Autumn 2023
• Date of last engine service – 2023
Propulsion & Steering:
• 2-bladed Race folding propeller
• Mechanical linear drive type autopilot
• Emergency tiller
• 12vDC primary domestic system with 220vDC starting circuit and 220vAC via shorepower
• 2x 12vDC 105Ah service batteries
• 1x 12vDC 60Ah engine start battery
Charging / Inverter:
• Automatic battery charger
• 12vDC engine mounted alternator
• 220vAC shore power connector
• 12vDC sockets
PLUMBING & GAS SYSTEMS
• Pressurised fresh water supply via 12vDC pressure pump
• Hot water produced by engine-driven calorifier or via immersion heater element in 20 litre well-insulated hot water tank.
• 12vDC Automatic bilge pump.
• Manual bilge pump.
• 80 polyethylene litres fuel capacity
• Digital fuel tank gauge at DC panel
• 100 litres in polyethylene tank.
• Analogue water tank level gauge at DC panel.
NAVIGATION & COMMUNICATION EQUIPMENT
• Raymarine Axiom 9, 9.0’’ Multifunction display
• 3x Raymarine T210 Multifunctional Wireless Maxi Display at mast
• Raymarine EV-200 Sail autopilot with mechanical linear drive unit
• D800 Smart Triducer multisensory – depth, speed and temperature
• Wind, speed and angle transducer long arm
• Rudder angle
• RS150 GPS receiver
• ITC5 Converter
• Raymarine Ray 53 VHF radio with GPS
• Dometic gimballed gas stove with two hob
• Double sinks with hot & cold pressurised fresh water tap
• 12vDC top loading refrigerator with drain valve.
• Manual marine heads
• Hot & cold pressurised shower
• Hertz HMR 20 stereo with bluetotth and USB
• Saloon speakers
Summary of Accommodation:
• INTREPID benefits from internal carbon sandwich structural furniture, to obtain a low weight construction and to benefit the relationship between displacement and ballast.
• The interior space, thanks to the large aft, use the maximum beam and allows for 2 large twin aft beds, owner’s centre bed forward with access though corridor.
• The interior can accommodate 10 guests in three twin beds distributed in the two aft cabins, in the owner’s cabin with king size bed and four saloon bunk beds.
• Interior unused in ownership.
• All interior joinery in white painted laminates
• Main bulkhead, hull innings and heads finished in white
• Carbon flooring
• Highest quality upholstery and finishes throughout
• Pauger carbon fibre mast and racing boom
• 3-spreader fractional deck-stepped rig
• Constriction rope clutch for the reef lines inside the boom
• Carbon integral bowsprit – approx. 173cm
• Rod standing rigging with PBO main shrouds
• Dyneema running backstays
• Under deck Harken jib furling system
• Pauger carbon fibre rigid vang
• Transversal jib track
• Harken/Antal and clutches hardware for Code0/Gennaker
• Mainsheet track on cockpit sole sheeting to dedicated mainsheet winches
• I = 16.15m, J= 4.87m, P= 16.12m, E = 5.66m, STL=6.61m
• Mainsail area (ORC) = 254.26sqm
• Headsail area (ORC) = 41.73sqm
• Spinnaker area (ORC) = 170sqm
• 4x Harken self-tail two speed primary winches
• 2x Harken self-tail two speed winches
• 2x Harken self-tail two speed winches for the runners
• One Sails 4T Forte composite carbon vacuum-cured full batten square top mainsail - 2021
• One Sails 4T Forte composite carbon vacuum-cured furling jib -2021
• One Sails gennaker - 2021
• One Sails Code 0 - 2021
• Black anodized pushpits, pulpit and 10x stations with dyneema rails
• 6 foldable cleats
• Carbon fibre hull hedge protector for mooring lines
• Aft cantered positioned fender compartment
• 2x cockpit compartment under the cockpit bench
General note on safety equipment: Any safety equipment such as liferafts, Epirbs, fire extinguishers and flares etc. are usually personal to the current owner(s) and if being left on-board as part of the sale of a used vessel may require routine servicing, replacement, or changing to meet a new owners specific needs.
Lying Trieste, Italy
Available to view strictly by appointment
Office Hours Mon- Fri 0900 – 17.00
Saturday by prior appointment
For more information or to arrange a viewing please contact us.
Please Note: Due to the varying locations of our yachts, your travel time and the distances that may be involved, we recommend that you only make arrangements to view if you are actively considering purchase.
Lead Broker: Michele Antonini – Grabau International (Italia)
Tel: +39 333 74 89 281
Grabau International offers the details of all vessels in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information or warranty the condition of any vessel and the details do not constitute a part of any contract. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. All vessels are offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice. Grabau International provides professional yacht conveyancing and legal transfer of title for all yachts as per the ABYA Code of Practice with all deposit payments and final balance payments processed through secure dedicated client accounts solely for that purpose. Our dedicated client accounts are written in trust at Natwest Bank and we are fully insured.