2021 PC YACHTS PILOT CLASSIC 55
€995,000 tax not paid
Brand New, Fully Optioned PC 55
|Manufacturer/Model||PC Yachts Pilot Classic 55|
|New or Used||Used|
|Tax/VAT Status||Tax not paid|
|Hull Construction||E-glass sandwich|
|Keel Type||Fin Keel|
|Drinking Water Capacity||500l|
DescriptionA unique opportunity to acquire a brand new, soon-to-be-launched Pilot Classic 55 for 2021 season delivery with complete ‘ready to sail’ specification and with a great saving over list price.
FURTHER BROKER’S COMMENTS:
Due for launch in spring 2021, this brand new Pilot Classic 55 from the board of Hoek Design and with construction by the acclaimed Metur Yacht shipyard in in Bodrum Turkey represents a fantastic opportunity to skip the line and be sailing for the 2021 season. She is hull No.2 of the design and fully optioned, with her price including launch and commissioning and representing a substantial saving over list price.
Her specification highlights include:-
• Awlgrip “Chevvy white” painted topsides with recessed gold cove stripe and navy boot top.
• Fully composite construction: Coracell M foam core, E glass skins with carbon reinforcement.
• Teak decks and cockpit and teak veneered aft face to coachroof
• Teak rimmed carbon fibre helm wheel
• Full Garmin navigation package with twin plotters, AIS and autopilot
• 2.7m T-profile performance keel
• 110Hp Yanmar engine with shaft drive upgrade option
• 3-bladed folding propeller
• Retractable bowthruster
• Quantum Sails Hydranet sail package
• Upgraded Lewmar electric winch package with 4x powered winches
• Harken switch track for mainsail
• Mastervolt inverter
• Upgraded Mastervolt Lithium Ion service battery pack
• Twin battery chargers and alternators
• C-net digital switching system
• Teak seats in pushpit
• Spreader lights
Sturdy and capable enough to cross oceans and roomy enough for longer-term liveaboard sailing, the Pilot Classic 55 is so much more than just looks and performance. In many ways she is the ideal ‘all-round’ cruising yacht, offering a fantastic balance of timeless elegance, high-tech build, interior volume, performance and capability
*** PLEASE NOTE – Advertising photos show sistership PC 55 Hull No.1 ***
The design brief given to Hoek Design for the PC 55 was to replicate the success of the PC66 and create:
• A visually stunning yacht
• A yacht that was fast and responsive to sail – a “Sailors Yacht” geared to being able to sail shorthanded.
• To have a ‘supersized’ and usable cockpit ergonomically divided into a dining area where 8 can dine in comfort, a sailing area where one can trim without leaving the helm, and a sunbathing area.
• To have a open and light interior where the focus was on the Saloon area and an interior able to sleep 6 in three double cabins including a luxurious Owners cabin forward
• A yacht practical in terms of tankage and storage for equipment
The hand-built interior is designed by Hoek to be both very light and airy based on a New England beach house style using white panelled vertical surfaces and varnish wood detailing to create a modern classic feel. A large saloon seating area with folding table, a spacious well-appointed galley and separate navigational area are the focus point of the interior. The yacht sleeps six in comfort with a large Owners cabin forward with its own ensuite and then two double cabins aft with a shared head.
As in her larger sibling the cockpit is very spacious area divided into 3 areas. A large folding table will easily seat 8 in comfort whilst the yacht can be sailed and trimmed without leaving the helm. The coach roof mounted traveler system allows a full bimini and dodger for those wanting to stay out of the elements and importantly keeps the mainsheet away from guests in the cockpit.
With the design being geared towards a yacht that was fast and responsive to sail it meant a construction method where both lightness and strength were required. Accordingly, the PC55 is built with a multi-layer epoxy lamination system with a Gurit Coracell M-foam cored Hull and deck, all laminated with E-Glass and epoxy resin and vacuum bagged supported by a carbon-reinforced grid system. The interior Bulkheads and furniture are also in composite and taped into the hull to create a high strength and light monocoque structure.
YACHTING PRESS REVIEW:
“The PC55 is a performance cruiser with a difference – it’s looks. It owes its aesthetic inspiration to the original pilot cutters – working yachts that gained a legendary reputation thanks to their speed, manoeuvrability and ability to be handled by just two crewmembers.
The traditional pilot cutter is oft described as the best yacht design ever. It seems strange then that there is not a greater choice of pilot cutter inspired designs around today.
One person who is onto their enduring appeal more than any other though is Andre Hoek. Hoek’s ‘Pilot Classic’ range spans the whole size spectrum, from the 33ft Essence and 37ft Wally Nano to the 152ft Royal Huisman built Elfje and even a 200ft+ project currently on the boards.
Performance Classic Yachts (PC Yachts) has created a production yacht business around these Hoek designs from this PC55 up to a 85 footer. It is a eight-year old British company that sub contracts the semi-custom builds to Metur Yachts in Bodrum. Metur, a classic yacht specialist, has built numerous Hoek designs over the last two decades, including two for Andre Hoek himself.
The first PC Yacht was a wood-epoxy built Pilot Classic 66 in 2014, followed by this composite PC55. The designs retain the generous sail area of a pilot cutter, albeit with a Bermudan rig, combined with a modern underwater shape. Weight is reduced and centralised wherever possible to optimise performance.
The combination of classic-inspired lines together with a modern lightweight shell and appendages looks quite irresistible. We travelled to Bodrum to see if the mix works on the water.
We had perfect trial conditions, with winds averaging 15 knots over calm seas. The PC55 is designed for the yacht to be powered up in typical Force 3–4 Med conditions.
And she was quick to establish why the word ‘performance’ belongs in her title. We clocked 9–9.5 knots beam reaching, 8.5 knots when fetching and 7.5–8 knots upwind tacking through 85º. I was impressed.
Our test was a good representation of how a potential owner would want to sail the PC55. It’s an ideal concept for those who want to keep their yacht in a Med marina – to be able to take it out for a sail with partner and/or friend and maximise the moderate breezes.
… much rests on the looks of the PC55 and whether they hook you in. The PC55 represents a cool blend of modern styling on a dreamy pilot cutter shape. It’s a yacht that has that ability to turn heads anywhere.”
Yachting World – November 2017
• We understand the yacht conforms with the essential safety requirements of Directive 94/25EC (Recreational Craft Directive) and is categorised A – “Ocean”
• Inspection body – ECB, Holland
Hull, Deck & Superstructure Construction:
• Hull and Deck including coach house are composite constructed using E-Glass Epoxy over Coracell M Foam core of varying densities.
• The Hull and Deck are be stiffened with an internal structure of carbon reinforced stingers and carbon reinforced foam bulkheads which will all be laminated into the Hull/deck structure. Stringers to have lumber holes to create free flowing bilge.
• Keel top plate recessed into hull and directly bolted onto hull structure.
• Sacrificial bow section designed to break off on heavy impact.
• Solid skin on hull penetrations and through hulls which are flush with hull
• Teak (9mm) on entire deck including coachroof, cockpit sole/seats
• Teak cap and cockpit rail – gloss varnished
• Aft face of coach roof and side grills teak veneered and varnished.
• Flush Lewmar deck hatches
• Coachroof and 3 x hull windows each side by Lewmar in toughened laminated glass
• Aft and forward locker to be painted with no fairing
• Hull underwater part to be finished with epoxy primer
• Hull topsides painted in Awlcraft ‘Chevy White’ with dark blue boot top and gold cove stipe
Keel & Rudder:
• Steel Fin keel with lead ballasted T - shaped bulb
• GRP Balanced spade rudder with stainless shaft
Engine & gearbox:
• Yanmar 4JH 110 hp Common Rail Diesel engine
• Fresh water engine cooling via raw water intake and heat exchanger
• Single lever engine control.
• Conventional gearbox with shaft drive and Aquadrive thrust bearing
• Force air machinery space ventilation
Engine Hours & Maintenance:
• Engine hours – n/a
Propulsion & Steering:
• Flex-o-Fold 3-blade folding propeller
• Shaft driven with stainless steel propeller shaft
• MaxPower VP150 8kw retractable bowthruster
• Jefa steering system with custom pedestal and engine control
• 1500mm diameter carbon fibre helm wheel with teak rim
• Emergency steering gear
• 24vDC domestic system with 12vDC starting circuit and 240vAC via shore power or inverter.
• Mastervolt Easy panel and Garmin plotter for data.
• C zone digital switching system with dimmers
• 1x 80Ah 12vDC engine start battery
• 2x Mastervolt Lithoum Ion service batteries supplying 400Ah @ 24vDC
• 60Amp 24vDC Battery Charger for Service battery bank
• 10Amp 12VDC Battery Charger for Engine start battery
• Mastervolt 24vDC/220vAC 2,500w inverter
• 12vDC engine mounted alternator
• 24vDC 60 amp secondary alternator with smart regulator
• 220vAC shore power inlet in cockpit wired into the yacht AC system in cockpit. Also supplied is a 20 m shore power line with connectors either end.
• The shore earth is separated from the Yachts earth by a ‘Galvanic Isolator’ which will be mounted near the shore power inlet. A Dynaplate will be mounted on the outside of the hull appropriately connected.
• AC/DC Panel with Volt/Amp meter and controls
PLUMBING & GAS SYSTEMS
• Gianesshi 24volt Fresh water pump
• The hot freshwater circuit is led into a well-insulated 40 litre Quick hot water tank, heated by engine or 220v AC immersion heater element.
• Bilge pump system by Jabsco, Bilge divided in 3 areas:
• Water tight bulkheads fore and aft each with Bilge Alarm and automatic pumps.
• Central Bilge 3 x electric pumps with automatic float switches
• Manual Bilge pump at helm
• Bilge panel alarm (lights and buzzer) at helm
• Self-contained gas locker with overboard vent
• Fuel capacity – approx. 500 litres
• 3 fuel tanks made in reinforced plastic pressure tested.
• Of the three tanks, one is used as a day tank with the other tanks pumping fuel to the day tank via selectable electric fuel tank and manual emergency pump.
• Water separator fuel filters to be fitted between feed tanks and day tank and day tank and engine.
• Fresh water capacity – approx. 500 litres
• Fill¬i¬ng of water tanks is through deck inlet.
• Grey water holding tank with approx. 120 litres capacity
• 2x black water holding tanks with approx combined capacity of 160 litres capacity
• Black water tanks to have empty-full sensors
NAVIGATION & COMMUNICATION EQUIPMENT
• Garmin 10” colour GPS chart plotter display in cockpit
• Garmin 8” colour GPS chart plotter display at chart table
• Garmin GMI/GNX wired sail pack with wind, speed and depth transducers and 4x repeater displays
• Garmin GHC autopilot control head
• AIS transceiver
• Richie 5” stainless compass at helm pedestal
• Garmin VHF 210 at Nav connected to GHS 11 (2nd station) at Helm
• Force 10 3-burner gas stove with oven
• Vitrofrigo 24vDC DW 180 fridge/freezer
• Stainless double sink with Gessi Stainless Faucet
• 2 x Tecma Elegance (1 x sea , 1 x fresh water) 24volt system direct to 2 x Black Water Tanks with seacock for overboard discharge and also deck exit for shore discharge.
• Hot & cold pressurised water supplies with showers.
• Quick LED lights on dimmers
• Red/White LED Chart table light
Summary of Accommodation:
• 6-berths in 3 double cabins plus saloon. Two heads.
• Bulkheads to be constructed from lightweight panels
• Flooring in all internal areas except heads to be teak and holly veneer satin varnish.
• Vertical surfaces of interior to be white painted panelling except companion way which to be Mahogony wood veneer.
• Horizontal surfaces to be Mahogany wood veneer for Nav/Saloon/heads and Corian counter-top for galley.
• Sinks for heads to be white composite /Galley to be stainless (Barka, Italy)
• Veneer wood to be semi-gloss varnished.
• Exposed hull cabin surfaces will be finished with wood slats and painted white
• Interior ceilings white painted tongue and groove style secured by fast mount fittings.
• Custom interior Sunbrealla interior fabric – non stain non fade.
• Stainless steel catches/hinges/door handles
• Engine in soundproof box to minimise noise.
• Lewmar laminated glass windows/portlights
• Owners Cabin forward with double bed to starboard.
• Private Owners head with separate shower stall forward.
• 2x Guest aft cabins with double beds.
• Starboard cabin has direct access to starboard head directly with Port cabin access via second door.
• Accommodation cabins have overhead LED ceiling lights and separate reading lights (2x per cabin), opening hatches for ventilation with pop in insect fitting, 2 AC and 2 USB outlets, Quality covered mattresses, Hanging lockers with internal lights and drawers and Bookshelves for storage
• Heads compartments have 24vDC electric heads, Composite sinks (white) with stainless faucets and shower equipment, Sinks/Shower draining to grey water tanks, Wood veneer surfaces and Opening hatches
• Saloon area features table on adjustable pedestal to be either coffee table of folds out to seat 6, Custom interior Sunbrealla interior fabric – non stain non fade, Storage underneath seats where possible, 4 x AC points and 4 USB sockets, Various lockers/drawers – possible for TV/DVD etc, and Opening hatches x 4.
• Galley area feature gas hob with oven, fridge/freezer, 2x AC outlets, double sink, Extensive storage with drawers/cupboards etc, and Corian or similar counter top for Galley
• Chart table features Paneltronics USA custom panel AC/DC with breakers, LED Guage to read tank levels, Battery switches, 2 x AC and 2 x USB outlets and Red/White LED Chart table light
• The design of the sailing systems is made so that the PC55 can be sailed comfortably by a couple and the Main and Genoa can be trimmed without leaving the helm. The manual genoa furler control line is routed aft so that it can be attached to one of the electric winches aft. Additionally, the main halyard can be routed aft to also take advantage of the electric winches meaning the mainsail can be hoisted via electric winch.
• Sparcraft aluminium mast and boom – painted white
• Deck stepped fractional 7/8th sloop-rigged mast with two sets of swept back (18 degrees) spreaders
• Harken main switch track, cars and headboard for fully battened main
• Lazyjacks for mainsail
• Single-line reefing system with 2-reefing points
• Reinforced Lewmar mainsheet track with mainsheet cars and blocks
• Carbon fibre bowsprit with forestay/bobstay attach/anchor roller – painted white
• Stainless steel rod standing rigging
• Reckmann genoa furler
• Inner forestay attachment point.
• Reckmann hydraulic backstay and vang adjustment with manual pump
• Lewmar aluminium anodised deck gear and jammers
• 2x main halyards, 2x genoa, 1x spinnaker and 1x staysail halyard
• 2 x padeyes aft of capshouds
• 2 x padeyes forward of mast base for halyard attachment
• I = 21.37m, J = 7.20m, P = 20.49m, E = 7.20m
• All LED
• Combined Tri-color/Anchor at Masthead
• Combined Steaming/Deck light at first spreader facing fwd
• Spreader downlighters
• Lopolight Port/Starboard and stern light at deck level
• Windex light
• All winches are Grey anodised aluminium
• 2x Lewmar 52ST Manual on Mast
• 2x Lewmar 62EST Electric in cockpit (Primary for Genoa)
• 2x Lewmar 58EST Electric in cockpit (Secondary for main)
• 2x Lewmar 52ST Manual on Mast
• Quantum Sails Hydranet fully battened mainsail – 85.50 sqm
• Quantum Sails 100% furling jib – 74 sqm
• Stainless stanchions with boarding gates P & S with Spectra lifelines
• Custom stainless steel pushpit with teak seating
• Varnished Teak Folding cockpit table with storage/ice box.
• Self-draining with 6 x cockpit drains
• Recessed wheel well self-draining
• Large sunbathing deck aft of helm
• Cockpit kickboards have Lewmar portholes for aft cabin ventilation.
• Custom folding stainless boarding ladder with teak steps fitting port side amidships – stores in forepeak.
• Recessed deck shower (hot/cold) with shower faucet - starboard amidships
• Flagpole with flag attachment
• Lewmar 3G flush deck hatches with camber to follow the deck and stainless steel fittings
• Forepeak locker in bowsprit area for Fenders/Ladder/Sails
• Cockpit lockers - Aft Hatch under aft sun deck.
Anchoring & Mooring:
• Lewmar V5 24vDC electric reversing anchor windlass with foot switches
• Windlass remote control
• 27kgs Ultra Stainless Anchor
• 100m of 12mm galvanised chain
• Chain stopper
• 8x Custom stainless fairleads (2 Forward and 4 amidship and 2 Aft)
• 4x Custom cleats. (2 forward and 2 amidship serving midship fairleads)
Covers, Cushions & Canvas:
• Full Bimini – stainless frame with Sunbrella fabric
General note on safety equipment: Any safety equipment such as liferafts, Epirbs, fire extinguishers and flares etc. are usually personal to the current owner(s) and if being left on-board as part of the sale of a used vessel may require routine servicing, replacement, or changing to meet a new owners specific needs. In the instance of a new vessel, additional safety equipment may be purchased and supplied according to the requirements of the buyer at additional cost.
• Automatic fire extinguisher in machinery space with manual control
• All interior spaces have fire extinguishers per CE requirement.
Viewing arrangementsLying: ex-Factory, Bodrum Turkey.
Price to include antifouling, launching a commissioning.
Available to view strictly by appointment.
Office Hours Mon- Fri 0900 – 17.00
Saturday by prior appointment.
For more information or to arrange a viewing please contact us.
Please Note: Due to the varying locations of our yachts, your travel time and the distances that may be involved, we recommend that you only make arrangements to view if you are actively considering purchase.
Tel: +44 (0)1590 673715
Grabau International offers the details of all vessels in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information or warranty the condition of any vessel and the details do not constitute a part of any contract. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. All vessels are offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice. Grabau International provides professional yacht conveyancing and legal transfer of title for all yachts as per the ABYA Code of Practice with all deposit payments and final balance payments processed through secure dedicated client accounts solely for that purpose. Our dedicated client accounts are written in trust at Natwest Bank and we are fully insured.