2018 RIDAS 37 ORC RACER
€250,000 tax not paid
Cossutti designed ORC speed machine
|Manufacturer/Model||Ridas 37 ORC Racer|
|Designer||Cossutti Yacht Design|
|New or Used||Used|
|Tax/VAT Status||Tax not paid|
|Keel Type||Fin Keel|
|Drinking Water Capacity||150l|
DescriptionDesigned in Italian by the master of ORC – Maurizio Cossutti and constructed in Scandinavia by Ridas, LOREIDA is a ‘blank cheque’ ORC racer, barely out of her wrapped and with enormous potential to win the biggest of regattas.
FURTHER BROKER’S COMMENTS:
From the board of Cossutti Design and constructed by Ridas Yachts, LOREIDA was purpose built to take on ORC racing at the very highest level. With a project cost well of circa Euro 600,000, LOREIDA was engineered to employ the very best of all the latest technology and design practices to create a yacht competitive right out of the mould. Her specification highlights include:-
• RCD Cat A certification
• Airex sandwich hull construction
• Gelshield epoxy system
• Steel keel blade with lead ‘T’ bulb – from CNC moulds and glass sheaved
• Carbon rudder blade and stock
• Hall Spars carbon mast and boom
• Rod standing rigging
• Reckman hydraulic mast jack
• North 3Di and 3DL sail wardrobe with multiple jib, symmetrical spinnakers, reacher and full wardrobe of delivery sails
• 3-bladed Gori race prop
• Battery charger and 220vAC shorepower system
• Full B&G H5000 instrument system with 20/20 displays at mast
• B&G Zeus plotter with AIS
• B&G Autopilot
• Pressurised water system
• Stove and 12vDC fridge
• Webasto 4kw diesel fired cabin heating system
• Stereo system
• Spares package
• Custom cradle
With a number of notable finishes in her very short life including Estonian & Finnish ORC Champion – 2018, 15th ORC/IRC Worlds 2018 – Hague, and Bronze ORC Europeans – Sweden – 2019, LOREIDA is offered for sale in absolute turn-key order for her next owner to enjoy at the front of the fleet during the remainder of 2020 and onwards into 2021.
The One Off 37 is a racer-cruiser designed for the Estonian yard, Ridas Yachts, based in Tallinn. The design is based on the one-off built in 2015 by the same yard; indeed, the two boats share the deck design and a similar interior layout.
The real difference between the two is seen in the hull lines and appendages, modified at the owner’s request to differentiate the two projects.
The new hull presents narrow, vertical V sections at the bow, thus increasing seaworthiness, letting it cut passage through the waves more smoothly. Between the forward and midship perpendiculars, the geometry passes from a V to a more rounded shape and the bottom flattens. After the midship, the sections tend to be flat at the centerline but immediately veer upward toward the sheer line to save some wetted area (up to 1 m2 less wetted area).
The deck has been designed for the best ergonomics for racing with a large cockpit and the big wheel positioned centrally; the low, narrow coach roof has been designed to guarantee the best movements around the deck and low aerodynamic resistance.
The interiors are all structural. In fact, they have been designed to integrate the hull structure and guarantee proper longitudinal and transversal stiffness, the materials used calculated to guarantee the best weight distribution and using the light composite panels at the extremities and solid, marine-grade plywood in the central sections of the boat. To obtain the best results in terms of stiffness, weight and costs, the hull and deck have been infused using only unidirectional glass fibers.
The PVC in the hull and deck sandwich panels have different characteristics depending on where they are located: for instance, in the bow— sections subject to the highest loads due to slamming — a combination of high density PVC and single skin have been used. All bulkheads are made of composite materials and overlaminate to both hull and deck. The hull grillage is made of a stainless-steel frame that is entirely over laminated to the hull bottom and hull structure, thus ensuring structural continuity and the ability to bear the high loads of keel, mast and shrouds.
The keel is made of lead with a steel core and is enclosed between two GRP covers of laminated, CNC milled molds, thus ensuring perfect hydrodynamic geometry.
The boat is fitted with a carbon mast and the sail plan has been developed in collaboration with designers at North Sails and optimized using CFD techniques.
The boat has proven itself highly competitive in the events she has participated in, winning several in the Baltic Sea offshore circuit and placing 3rd in the 2019 ORC European Championship in Sweden, winning a couple of the races during the championship.
Ridas Yacht & Composites OÜ is sailboat producer in Estonia. Producing their own brand Ridas, as well as, Swedish DIVA, Holland STERN and Sentijn 37, Maxi 1200, X-Treme 25 and Clarc 33.
All boats are constructed and built by Scandinavian way of building yachts. Strong made safe solutions high quality joinery work.
The company is established in 1993 and employs up to 25 people, currently building 5-10 boats between 35-38 feet per year.
• The Ridas 37 ORC Racer is built to comply with the requirements specified by the European Union’s Recreational Craft Directive (RCD) to meet Design Category A – ‘Ocean’.
• Built in GRP with Airex sandwich construction.
• Keel, engine and rudder areas are full laminate
• Hull is fully made of vinylester resin
• Reinforced bow section and under WL until the keel area.
• Vacuum infused special light and strong laminate with multiaxial reinforcements.
• All high loaded areas with carbon fiber and keel frame is from galvanized steel.
• Under WL area is treated with Gelshield 200 epoxy primer and VC17 antifouling
Deck & Superstructure Construction:
• Vinylester laminate, Airex sandwich construction
• All high loaded areas with solid laminate and aluminum inserts.
• Hull and deck connection is glued with Büfa 0110 glue, inside over laminated
• Permanently fixed glazing on coachroof.
• Antislip on sidedeck, cockpit and seats + heeling supports in cockpit
Keel & Rudder:
• The keel is made of lead with a steel core
• Enclosed between two GRP covers of laminated
• CNC milled moulds, thus ensuring perfect hydrodynamic geometry.
• Carbon fibre rudder blade with carbon rudder stock
Engine & gearbox:
• Yanmar 30hp diesel engine
• Yanmar sail drive gearbox
• Freshwater engine cooling
• Engine control panel and throttle/gear lever
• Fuel filter with water separator
Maintenance & Performance:
• Engine hours – approx. tbc as of Autumn 2020
• Date of last engine service – July 2020
Propulsion & Steering:
• Gori 3-blade folding racing propeller
• Jefa steering pedestal system with autopilot and Teleflex engine control system
• Carbon steering wheel
• Jefa self-aligning roller bearings
• Emergency steering
• 12vDC domestic system 12vDC start circuit and 220vAC via shorepower
• Boat's power supply switch board Philippi with automatic fuses and control lamps
• 3 x 12V 100Ah AGM batteries
• 12vDC engine mounted alternator
• Victron 25Amp battery charger
• 220vAC shore power supply
• 220vAC sockets in galley, heads and main saloon
PLUMBING & GAS SYSTEMS
• A pressurised cold water system is used throughout the boat powered by 12vDC high pressure pump.
• Electrical bilge pump
• Manual bilge pump mounted in cockpit
• Total fuel capacity is 100 litres
• Fuel is stored in a custom-built stainless steel tank.
• Fuel tank gauge.
• Total water capacity is 150 litres.
• Fresh water is stored in a custom-built stainless steel tank.
• Water tank gauge.
NAVIGATION & COMMUNICATION EQUIPMENT
• B&G H5000 system
• 4x B&G 20/20 displays at mast
• B&G H5000 graphic displays at companionway
• B&G H5000 autopilot control head
• B&G ZG100 GPS antenna
• Steering compass
At Chart Table
• B&G Zeus3 9” GPS chart plotter at chart table
• B&G V90 VHF with DSC and Class-B AIS at chart table
• Remote control VHF handset
• Dometic Origo 2 gimballed stainless gas stove with 2x burners
• Top-opening cool-box with 12vDC refrigeration compressor
• Stainless steel sink with pressurised cold water supplies.
• Manual marine heads
• Cold pressurised freshwater shower
• Webasto 4 kw hot air system with strategically placed outlets under bunks and sofas.
• LED deckhead lighting and reading lights in accommodation cabins
• SonicHub audioserver stereo system with Fusion speakers in cockpit
Summary of Accommodation:
• Twin folding pipecots berths in forepeak.
• Heads compartment aft of forepeak to port.
• Locker space opposite to starboard.
• Bunk berths in to port and starboard in saloon.
• Galley aft of saloon area to port in L-shaped configuration
• Forward facing chart table opposite galley to starboard with seat.
• Twin double aft cabins with storage lockers.
• Interior from GRP and Airex sandwich ultra light construction with aluminum door frames.
• Alcantara cushion in saloon
• Stainless steel counters in galley and heads
• Hall Spars carbon fibre keel-stepped fractional mast with two-sets of swept back spreaders
• Hall Spars carbon fibre boom
• BSI stainless steel rod standing rigging
• Tuff Luff forestay
• Hall Spars vang adjustable from cockpit
• German mainsheet system
• Reckman hydraulic mast jack
• Carbon fibre spinnaker pole with associated equipment and track on mast
• Cariboni hydraulic forestay cylinder operated from cockpit.
• Harken deck gear
• Harken towable genoa tracks
• Antal halyard locks
• Maffioli DSK 78 running rigging
• 2x Harken 2-speed self-tailing mainsheet winches
• 2x Harken 2-speed self-tailing primary winches
• 2x Harken 2-speed self-tailing control line / halyard winches at companionway
• North Sails 3Di racing mainsail – 2018
• North Sails 3Di light jib – 2019
• North Sails 3DL light jib – 2018
• North Sails 3Di light/medium jib – 2018
• North Sails 3Di heavy jib – 2020
• North Sails 3Di heavy jib – 2018
• North Sails S1 spinnaker - 2020
• North Sails S1.5 spinnaker – 2018
• North Sails S2 spinnaker - 2020
• North Sails S3 spinnaker- 2018
• North Sails Reacher - 2019
• Jib Top – 2018
• Delivery mainsail with reefs - 2018
• Delivery jib - 2018
• Delivery spinnaker - 2018
• Stainless steel pulpits and pushpit with flag holder.
• 10 stanchions and 2 rows of lifelines.
• Hatches Lewmar smoke glass flush type.
• Steeming light
Anchoring & Mooring:
• 2x light anchors with 10m chain and 2x approx. 30m anchor warps
• Mooring cleats
• Fenders and warps
Sprayhoods, Covers & Canvas:
• Mainsail cover
• Spares package including sheets, blocks, line etc.
• Custom cradle
• Custom support road trailer – Not included in sale, but available by separate negotiation.
General note on safety equipment: Any safety equipment such as liferafts, Epirbs, fire extinguishers and flares etc. are usually personal to the current owner(s) and if being left on-board as part of the sale of a used vessel may require routine servicing, replacement, or changing to meet a new owners specific needs.
• 2x fire-extinguishers
Viewing arrangementsLying – Tallinn, Estonia
Available to view strictly by appointment
Office Hours Mon- Fri 0900 – 17.00
Saturday by prior appointment
For more information or to arrange a viewing please contact us.
Please Note: Due to the varying locations of our yachts, your travel time and the distances that may be involved, we recommend that you only make arrangements to view if you are actively considering purchase.
Lead broker: Jonas Renlund – Grabau international ( Scandinavia)
Tel: +358 408098688
Grabau International offers the details of all vessels in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information or warranty the condition of any vessel and the details do not constitute a part of any contract. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. All vessels are offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice. Grabau International provides professional yacht conveyancing and legal transfer of title for all yachts as per the ABYA Code of Practice with all deposit payments and final balance payments processed through secure dedicated client accounts solely for that purpose. Our dedicated client accounts are written in trust at Natwest Bank and we are fully insured.