2002 ROSE ISLAND LOBSTER 49
€195,000 tax paid
Lightly used, custom built for disabled access.
|Manufacturer/Model||Rose Island Lobster 49|
|New or Used||Used|
|Tax/VAT Status||Tax paid|
|Lying||Civitanova Marche, Italy|
|Engine||2x Caterpillar C7 460hp|
|Drinking Water Capacity||1000l|
DescriptionMassive spec, lightly used example of this popular Italian-designed and custom built Lobster style motor yacht. Two cabin interior layout equipped with hydaulic lift for invalild guests.
FURTHER BROKER’S COMMENTS:
TAMARINDO is a very special fully custom version of the popular Rose Island Lobster 49 designed and built to allow easy wheelchair access. Very highly specified and amazingly roomy, her specification highlights are many and include:
• Accommodation designed for disabled access
• Custom built lift platforms in-out pram from the cockpit and from the saloon to the cockpit
• Two cabins, one big head interior layout
• Teak interior joinery
• Twin Caterpillar C7 460 hp engines
• Quick Bowthruster
• 15kw generator
• Bathing platform
• Retractable passarelle
• Forward and upper coach roof sunbathing area
• Teak decking
“The first boat out of paddock reached almost 30 knots as we had wanted, but at the same time found its own pace at around 20 knots with further range, low impact acceleration, directionality and safety on a uneven sea. We’d hit lucky: the 49 responded to the expectations of the project, found customers and admirers. We were able to maintain the marine characteristics of the small 38, while indulging in two single-bed cabins, 4.7 of beam and tight sides up to the standards of the carpenter of Maine, a tulip bow and that lobster trawler backside that everyone loves, imitates and photographs from the dockside.
Today, after fifteen years and seventeen 49s afloat, the eighteenth is presented in these pages, equipped with new engines, as the originals are no longer produced, thus a little more powerful, but with the rest unchanged. Refined, clean and enriched by the experiences of production, use, end-user suggestions, but substantially unchanged, just two or three knots added to the top speed.
The hull is variably angled V-bottom that gets to about 11 degrees aft. This also allows, with the engine a bit off-center, an axis angle of 11 degrees from horizontal, short shafts and motors, situated at 4 degrees and the angle down on the inverter. We’ve got four-blade propellers very close to the transom, but we’ve worked out the right position... The keel, with two flat, wide and straight support strakes, come together slightly at stern and make the trim stable and reassuring. The keel fin was an original concept and remains a hallmark of the house. Its surface has been reduced and ends just aft of amidships. But it’s just enough to give roll damping in port or at anchor, protection of propellers and rudders in a collision with the bottom and greater directional stability. The rudders are relatively large, and you can manoeuvre and guide the craft back to port even with a failed engine.”
October 2015 BARCHE
• The yacht conforms with the essential safety requirements of Directive 94/25EC (Recreational Craft Directive) – Cat. A or Cat. B
• GRP hull, deck and superstructure construction
• Red gelcoat topsides and superstructure finish
• Teak laid cockpit sole and bathing platform
Engine & gearbox:
• 2x Caterpillar C7 460 hp engines 6-cylinder in-line diesel engines turbocharged with intercooler producing 460hp @ 2800 rpm each (920hp combined)
• Freshwater cooling system via raw water intake and heat exchangers
• Electronic throttle and engine control systems
Service & Maintenance:
• Engine hours – approx. 300 as of January 2020
• Date of last engine service – 2019.
Propulsion & Steering:
• Line shaft
• 24vDC bowthruster
• Fully hydraulic power-assisted steering system
• 12vDC primary domestic system with 12vDC starting circuit and 12v AC via shorepower or generator.
• 12x 12vDC 100Ahm service batteries – serviceable
• 4x 12vDc Engines batteries
• 1x 12vDc generator start battery
Charging / Inv erter:
• Quick SBC 1100 80A Automatic battery charger
• Kohler 15kw diesel generator
• Generator hours – approx. 250 as of January 2020
• 2x 120 Ah engine mounted alternator
• 220vAC shore power system
PLUMBING & GAS SYSTEMS
• Water is pressurised by 12vDC high-pressure pump system
• Hot & cold freshwater pressurised water supply throughout
• Hot water boiler tank via engine-driven calorifier or via 220v immersion heater element.
• 24vDC electric bilge pump with alarm in the cockpit
• 2x Manual bilge pumps (engine room and cabin)
• 3000 litres fuel tank capacity in 1x stainless steel tank
• 1000 litres water tank capacity
• 1x black water tanks
• Watermaker 100l/h
NAVIGATION & COMMUNICATION EQUIPMENT
• Simrad G4 chartplotter multifunction display - 2018
• 1x Simrad wind instrument display
• Simrad autopilot
• 2x engine monitor display
• Steering compass
• Simrad 4g Radar - 2018
• Simrad RS-82 VHF with DSC
• 3-burner 220vAC33 electric hob
• Miele hoven
• Sink with hot & cold water supply
• Front opening 130 litres fridge + 65 litres freezer
• Microwave oven
• Electric vacuum flush freshwater heads in all heads
• Sinks and showers with hot & cold water supply
Heating & Ventilation:
• 220vAC reverse-cycle air-conditioning system with outlets and controls throughout interior
• LCD TV in
• Blueway DVD player
• TV antenna with twin decoder
Summary of Accommodation:
• Master cabin forward with island double berth.
• Invalid guests can access to the master cabin through an hydraulic platform
• VIP guests cabin starboard side
• Saloon with U-shaped settee aft to port.
• Galley opposite aft upstairs.
• Sunbathing area with cushion on the coach roof.
• Front opening 130 litres fridge
• Tender platform for a 3.10 m tender
• Tender platform
• Bathing platform with teak
• Shore water supply
• Besenzoni Electro-hydraulic passarelle for invalid access
Anchoring & Mooring:
• Lofrans 24vDC 2000W reversing windlass with remote control
• Bruce anchor with chain
• Warps and fenders
• Manual fire extinguisher in all cabin
• Automatic fire extinguisher in the engine room
General note on safety equipment: Any safety equipment such as liferafts, Epirbs, fire extinguishers and flares etc. are usually personal to the current owner(s) and if being left on-board as part of the sale of a used vessel may require routine servicing, replacement, or changing to meet a new owners specific needs.
Viewing arrangementsLying – Civitanova Marche, Italy
Available to view strictly by appointment
Office Hours Mon- Fri 0900 – 17.00
Saturday by prior appointment
For more information or to arrange a viewing please contact us.
Please Note: Due to the varying locations of our yachts, your travel time and the distances that may be involved, we recommend that you only make arrangements to view if you are actively considering purchase.
Lead Broker: Michele Antonini – Grabau International (Italia)
Tel: +39 333 74 89 281
Grabau International offers the details of all vessels in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information or warranty the condition of any vessel and the details do not constitute a part of any contract. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. All vessels are offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice. Grabau International provides professional yacht conveyancing and legal transfer of title for all yachts as per the ABYA Code of Practice with all deposit payments and final balance payments processed through secure dedicated client accounts solely for that purpose. Our dedicated client accounts are written in trust at Natwest Bank and we are fully insured.