2002 ROYAL HUISMAN 51M MODERN CLASSIC SCHOONER
€14,900,000 tax paid
Modern Classic Schooner from Royal Huisman
|Manufacturer/Model||Royal Huisman 51m Modern Classic Schooner|
|Designer||John Alden / Gerard Dijkstra|
|New or Used||Used|
|Tax/VAT Status||Tax paid|
|Engine||MTU 12V 2000M 1,057hp|
|Keel Type||Long Keel|
|Drinking Water Capacity||9500l|
DescriptionModern Classic Schooner from Royal Huisman to designs by Alden, Dijkstra and Munford in 2002. Timeless elegance crafted in aluminium, teak and mahogany to the very highest standards. Family ownership since build and always kept in perfect condition by her devoted crew.
FURTHER BROKER’S COMMENTS:
Built in 2002 by Royal Huisman Shipyards in close consultation with the actual family who still owns her, the yacht has been so well thought- through and so well built that she speaks for herself after 18 glorious years. The original design by John Alden was optimized by Gerard Dijkstra and the interior design was executed by John Munford.
With a record of dedicated maintenance and gentle usage, Borkumriff IV has been kept in an unsurpassed state of condition.
The quality of the materials used throughout this magnificent yacht encourages any inspection. Note the obvious markers of the yacht’s pedigree – the strict attention to classic elegance, the expansive cockpit offering an array of instrumentation, for navigation, communication and manoeuvring.
Attention to detail is evident, from the intricacies of the stanchion bases to the elegant solution for the air intakes suppling vast amounts of fresh air to the yacht’s 1057HP MTU main engine and also to her two 70kW generators housed in her light and clean, full beam engine room.
The moment you arrive on board, you feel safe, at home and you feel the comfort and the quality. Nothing has been done cheaply; everything has been done to the highest standards, even where it cannot been seen. That’s a mark of Quality, the care that things are right, even if you don’t see them directly, give a great deal of reassurance. And above all, she is just a stunning and beautiful yacht.
The cosy ambiance of Borkumriff IV cannot easily be quantified. Yet you can take in her measure simply by settling into the luxurious fine-grained leather seating in her expansive main salon. From softly toned mood lighting to polished panels of fine-grained mahogany or Burmese teak.
The yacht’s interior is as authentic as it is true to itself: Drawing inspiration from the spirited age of sail, her interior has a purposeful and efficient design endowed with luxurious details.
The customized equipment list speaks to the technology at your command. Beyond lies an incredibly thorough and well-built Alustar structure for hull and frames. Both her active and passive systems have been engineered to help safeguard your wellbeing and make your stay on board a comfortable experience. With an interior completely floating in its own rubber cocoon and stringent attention to acoustic insulation, no effort has been spared to provide whisper quiet nights of sleep and an ambience of stillness.
And that battery of Rondal captive and drum winches - surplus power delivered by a custom designed hydraulic system that amply supplies the necessary functions for round the buoy racing or offshore passage making. Sail- handling at its best for true hands on yachting.
The schooner rigged masts, booms and gaff by Rondal and the of ‘bank’ of stainless steel winches give the confidence as they comfortably deal with the conditions at hand.
The original engineering brief was realistically simple: Accentuate the feeling of sail, embody it in a classic hull form and use today’s technology to allow a small crew to operate the yacht without compromise. Borkumriff IV was engineered not just for the harsh extremes of wind and sea but she represents an evolution of acquired expertise. Air conditioning systems for example are constantly provided with different challenges as a yacht of this pedigree might move from ocean to ocean during her globetrotting lifestyle.
The generators have been designed to keep the yacht tracking no matter the angle of heel or state of the sea. From Alaska’s pack ice to the harsh humidity of equatorial regions, all her systems have been designed to deliver with little compromise.
Even her LIPS variable pitch propeller with advanced skew back blade design was developed to provide optimum performance with the MTU engine. The result is a balanced drive system matching requirements for exhaust temperatures, fuel consumption and low noise operation. This unique yacht is ready to go anywhere and available to any discerning owner who appreciates the thoughts, inspirations and love for the yacht as much as the family who built and owned her since 2002.
• Built to Lloyds Hull Compliance
• Aluminium hull construction.
• LOD = 47.67m (excluding bowsprit)
• Hull speed = 14.6 knots
• Light grey painted topsides.
• Opening transom/swim platform giving access to tender garage (with hydraulic mechanism).
Deck & Superstructure Construction:
• Aluminium deck and superstructure construction.
• White painted coachroof and superstructure.
• Raised deck saloon profile.
• Teak laid side decks, cockpit and bathing platform.
Keel & Rudder:
• Keel type - Aluminium integrally welded long keel
• Ballast Stacked and poured lead
• Rudder type - Keel hung
Engine & gearbox:
• Main engine MTU 12V 2000 M 70 diesel
• Max. Power (medium duty) 1057 HP @ RPM 2100
• Engine Running hours approx 4600
Propulsion & Steering:
• Propeller Feathering - 1200 mm 4 blade
• Drive train Lips/Wartsila Shaftline
• Bow thruster Tunnel - HRP 99HP
• Rondal Cable/Quadrant + Powersteering
• Tenfjord Rotary Vane Rudder Motor
• Reduction 2 speed - 6:1 - 10:1
Hydraulic Power System:
• Rexroth Powerpack
• Electrical System 400V 3 PH Split Busbar
• Batteries 12 x Sonnenschein Gel 24V
• Batteries Capacity 1960 AH
Charging / Inverter:
• 3x Victron Combi 140 amp chargers
• 2x Victron 100 amp chargers
• 3x Victron 6kw inverters
• 2 x MTU Leroy Somer 75 kw approx 10,000hrs
• 1 x MTU Leroy Somer 30 kw approx 700hrs
• Generator Output Hydraulic Cruise Generator Leroy Somer/ 45 kw ( approx 200 hrs)
• Atlas - 70KwA
PLUMBING & GAS SYSTEMS
• Boiler 3x 150Ltr Inventium 6 kw
• 2 x Hem 1000 l/hr
• Bilge Alarm 7 x
• Bilge Pumps 2 + 1 engine driven pump
• Fuel Tanks approx. ca. 22.250 litres
• Water Tanks approx. ca. 9.500 litres
• Black water tanks ca. 850 - 650 litres
• Grey water tanks ca. 850 - 650 litres
• Sludge tank ca 400 litres
• Lube oil tank ca 360 litres
NAVIGATION & COMMUNICATION EQUIPMENT
• Radar 2x Furuno - 1x 2002, 1x 2015
• Compass / Gyro Robertson 2018
• GPS Furuno - 2018
• Autopilot Segatron – 2002/ 2018
• Chart Plotters Max Sea Windows 10 - 2019 Cockpit Furuno 2015
• Depth Sounder/Sonar A&T - 2018
• Sailing Instruments A&T - 2018
• Navtex / Weather Fax A&T - 2018
• Log A&T - 2018
• Rudder Indicator A&T – 2018
• VHF 1 Com 3x (2002 - 2013 - 2018)
• Satellite Communication Iridium 2018
• Refrigerator Liebherr x 6
• Freezer Liebherr x 5
• Stove Miele Oven 2019
• Microwave Oven Miele Combi 2018
• Oven Miele 2015
• Dishwasher Miele 2015
• Washing Miele 2016
• Dryer Miele 2017
• Actana/Tecma heads
• HamannTreatment System
Heating & Ventilation:
• Heating Stiebel 48kw
• Air-conditioning Frigoboat – RHS 174,000BTU
• Cooling Units 3x Copeland
• TV / Video System KVH TV8 Twin 2018
• Audio System Modular
Summary of Accommodation:
• Owner’s Berths 2 x Twin
• Owner’s Bathroom 1
• Guest Cabins 2 x Twin
• Guest Berths 4 x Twin
• Guest Bathrooms 2
• Crew Cabins 7
• Day head 1
• Crew Berths 9 + 1 Pilot berth
• Crew Bathrooms 4
• Crew Mess seating for 7
• Design John Munford
• Style Classic Raised & Fielded Mahogany
• Material Ceiling Tongue/groove panels white
• Material Floor Teak/Carpeted
• High Gloss Satin
• Upholstery Blue Leather
• Lighting Haloge / Fluorescent /LED
• Rig Type - Schooner Topsail
• Aluminium Rondal spars - Total Length Mast Section(s) 50m above WL (main mast)
• Booms (make and material) Carbon - V Booms Rondal
• Date last mast pull June 2018
• Rigging Type Rod rigging Nitronic, Carbon replaced 2018-19
• Running Rigging 2014 – 2015 + ongoing
• 9 x Captive Winches Rondal
• 22 x Two direction Deck winches Rondal 2 speed
• 4 x Manual winches Lewmar
• Mainsail Vectran Carbon Incidence - 2013
• Foremainsail Dacron North Sails 2012
• Head Sails Vectran Doyle - 2008
• Head Sail Systems 2x Rondal hydraulic furlers
• Inner stay sail 1x Bamar manual furler 2019
• MPS/Spinnakers Doyle - 2002
• Topsail Dacron Doyle
• Fisherman Dacron Doyle - 2002
• Code Z drifter Dacron North - 2009
• Deck Fittings Rondal
• Hatches Rondal
• Boarding Ladders 1x Akerboom Retractable (Manual Gas Supported)
• Passarelle 1x YAE Yacht Access equip. Retractable Carbon
• Bathing Accessibility Swim ladder / From side Boarding ladder
• Deck Shower 2x
Anchoring & Mooring:
• 2 x Anchor Winches Steen
• Anchor CQR 2x 600LBS (galvanized)
• Capstan/ Windlass Steen
Covers, Cushions & Canvas:
• Bimini Top Awnings
• Covers Sunbrella Supreme (2014 - 2015)
Tenders & Water Toys:
• Dinghy / Tender Novurania 430 Deluxe Yamaha F.60
• Dinghy Engine Yamaha 60 HP four stroke
• Pilot Motor Launch 5.5m Walstad Baadewerff 2002
• Diving Gear (Compressor) Bauer 200 Bar
General note on safety equipment: Any safety equipment such as liferafts, Epirbs, fire extinguishers and flares etc. are usually personal to the current owner(s) and if being left on-board as part of the sale of a used vessel may require routine servicing, replacement, or changing to meet a new owners specific needs.
Life Saving Equipment:
• Life Rafts (make and date) Ocean Safety 2015
• Life Jackets Kru 15 x 2019
• Fire Extinguishing System Hi Fog 300 Ltr Marioff new cylinders 2019 +++
• 19 x Fire Extinguishers Portable CO2/Foam
• Eltek 2002 - Fire alarm system with intelligent loop smoke & heat sensors. Intruder alarm system with photo electric sensors in entrances. General alarm system for board system monitoring with alarm accept and acknowledge functions. Intercom system, located at ship entrances, Crew call, crew alert and abandon ship alarming.
Viewing arrangementsLying Antibes, France
Available to view strictly by appointment
Office Hours Mon- Fri 0900 – 17.00
Saturday by prior appointment
For more information or to arrange a viewing please contact us.
Please Note: Due to the varying locations of our yachts, your travel time and the distances that may be involved, we recommend that you only make arrangements to view if you are actively considering purchase.
Lead Broker: Vittorio Papa – Grabau International (Palma)
Tel +34 634 339009
Grabau International offers the details of all vessels in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information or warranty the condition of any vessel and the details do not constitute a part of any contract. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. All vessels are offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice. Grabau International provides professional yacht conveyancing and legal transfer of title for all yachts as per the ABYA Code of Practice with all deposit payments and final balance payments processed through secure dedicated client accounts solely for that purpose. Our dedicated client accounts are written in trust at Natwest Bank and we are fully insured.