Composite construction performance blue water cruiser from Bruce Farr and Nauta Design with construction by Sangermani in Italy. Stunning above and below decks and with great interior layout for owner, guests and crew alike.
FURTHER BROKER’S COMMENTS:
Built at the legendary Cantiere Sangermani in Lavagna in advanced composite construction to designs by Bruce Farr (Design No.366) and boasting the most beautiful Nauta designed interior, EL BAILE (ex DESIRADE II) is the perfect high-performance blue water cruising yacht. From her winglet keel and balanced spade rudder, to her powerful hydraulic push-button 4-spreader rig, she is designed to go fast, yet in total control and comfort. Engineered to allow for sailing with the minimal of crew, she is also the perfect private family or charter yacht, and thanks to her 360-degree vision raised-saloon, four sumptuous staterooms and fully equipped gourmet galley, she will provide very comfortable home for extended cruising in tropical or high latitudes.
Purchased by the current owner as a step up from his previous 18m yacht approx.7 years ago and subsequently refitted, including a recent 2019/20 refit/service costing in excess of Euro 160,000, this privately-owned, non-chartered yacht is now presented for sale EU VAT-paid and Spanish-flagged. Priced sensibly to reflect future refit, EL BAILE represents fantastic value in today’s market.
** Part-exchange (upwards) considered for similar sized more modern performance cruising yachts. Please contact us to discuss. **
2022 REFIT DETAILS:
• 5 x Piston service:-
- 2 x halyards
- Baby stay
• Check of tail shaft
• Code zero furling system professionally checked
• Genoa furling system professionally checked
• Icemaker serviced
• Jon buoy (new box)
• Life rafts 3 x service
• Lifevests x12 service
• New 100% linen living room curtains
• New 2 x generators service
• New 4.30m Tender Searib with console and new Honda 50cv outboard engine
• New autopilots system full carbon pistons
• New bottom hull Sandblasting, filler and painting with international antifouling
• New cooking burners stove
• New crew mattresses
• New electric wiring of the entire boat
• New electronics B&G H5000 package (50,000 Euro approximately expenditure)
• New engine belt
• New engine room filter holders
• New freshwater pressure pump
• New generator water pump
• New main engine service
• New mast lights
• New moorings
• New paint of the crew table mess
• New paint of the engine room floor panels
• New paint of the mast and boom
• New rod standing rigging (around 300,000 Euro expenditure)
• New sandblast, filler prime and paint of the mast
• New sandblasting and paint of the spreaders and all fittings
• New service batteries
• New service of 12 fire extinguishers
• New service of fire pump (new carburetor)
• New service of firefighting system
• New service of the mainsail, staysail and genoa by North Sails
• New service to the bow thruster
• New transfer pump
• New varnish (salon, galley gunwale and panel flooring)
• New water maker service
• New zodiac cover
• Radar Transponder professionally checked
• Radio beacon professionally checked
• Rudder blade service
• Service to refrigerator compressors
• Spinnaker repairs of the two carbon fibre heads and new paint
• Staysail furling system professionally checked
• Tanks x 11 cleaning
• Winches 9 x Full Service
2019/20 REFIT DETAILS:
• All bilges completely painted
• Antifouling June 2020
• Cleaning of Fuel tanks
• Full service of life raft, lifejackets, EPIRB, radar transponder, fire extinguisher
• Full service on the Air conditioning system
• Full service on the baby stay
• Full service on the backstay piston
• Full service on the QUANTUM mainsail
• Full service on water maker
• Full special service axis
• Generator Onan Marine QD 19kW Generator serviced
• New 2 x Biminis
• New 2 x genoa sheets, 1 x mainsail sheet, 2 x foresail sheets
• New 2 x sprayhood
• New 4 x runners 2
• New autopilot ARON engine inox support with laminated structure in carbon and Kevlar
• New bathroom and kitchen top
• New 2 x batteries
• New battery charger Victron SKYLLA-TG 24V – 50 AMP
• New central cockpit cushions in viscolatex foam
• New domestic appliances
• New foresail cover with UV protection
• New Galley hood extractor
• New Generator Onan Marine QD 19kW Generator
• New Genoa cover with UV protection
• New 2 x Genoa trailers
• New mainsail cover
• New mainsail halyard
• New mooring lines
• New port generator starter engine
• New teak varnished panels
• New water heater
• New water maker
• New water pumps Gianneschi
• One Cleat replaced
• Saloon completely dismounted and re-varnished
• Superstructure windows dismounted, cleaned, and sealed
Hull, Deck & Superstructure Construction:
• Hull and deck are of composite construction in epoxy matrix using vacuum bag techniques.
• Extensive use of Kevlar has been included for its high mechanical and shock absorbing properties, while close cell foam core adds stiffness to the structure as well as thermal and acoustic insulation.
• All the bulkheads and partial bulkheads are built in composite and fastened to hull and deck using vacuum bag techniques.
• The result of this construction method is a very strong mono- coque structure where each component contributes to the overall strength and relative lightness of the structure of the yacht.
• White Awlgrip painted hull
• White Awlgrip painted deck and superstructure
• Teak laid deck.
• Bilges repainted – 2019
• Antifouling – June 2020
Keel & Rudder:
• The keel is designed by Bruce Farr taking advantage of extensive hydrodynamic research experience. Keel geometry shows a bulb and winglets configuration at the bottom end of a steel fabricated fin, allowing for concentration of the 3% antimony / lead ballast as low as possible in order to achieve the required righting moment within a modest draft of 3.6 metres.
• A high aspect ratio spade rudder is built in composite on a corrosion free titanium rudder stock. The rudder stock is hung on two self-aligning bearings.
Engine & gearbox:
• MAN 2866D LXE 6-cylinder turbo-charged diesel engine producing 420 hp @2100 rpm
• ZF RM311A shaft drive gearbox with 2.033 reduction
• 2x Racor diesel filters
Maintenance & Performance:
• Engine hours – approx. 10,150 as of Autumn 2022
• Engine serviced 2019/20
• Cruising speed under engine: 10 Knots
• Maximum speed under engine: 13 Knots
• Fuel consumption at cruising speed – approx. 25lph
Propulsion & Steering:
• Laminated wood large diameter helm wheel with black-anodised metal spokes with cable operation
• Carbon and Kevlar reinforced stainless steel autopilot drive support - 2019
• Maxpower hydraulic retractable bowthruster
• 4-blade Scandinavian 920mm diameter variable pitch propeller
• Harken custom hydraulic power pack with 4 pumps, 3 kW each, 120 litres oil reservoir
• PTO’s mounted to both Onan generators
• Separate hydraulic power unit for MaxPower bowthruster
• 24vDC domestic systems with 220v via generators, inverters or shore power
• 16x Hawker service batteries joined in parallel and series to supply 24vDC
• 4x 12vDC 210Ah engine and generator start batteries joined in parallel and and series to supply 420Ah
• 2x new batteries fitted 2019
• 2x Mastervolt Chargemaster 24/100-3 100Amp 3-step automatic battery chargers for service banks
• 1x Mastervolt MASS 24/100 automatic battery charger for navigation batteries
• Victron Skylla 24v 50Amp battery charger – fitted 2019
• Victron Phoenix 24/3000 3kw inverter
• Mastervolt ISO 24/700 700w inverter for running chart plotter
• Mastervolt 24/1500 1.5kw inverter dedicated to running galley fridge
• 2 x Onan diesel generators 19 kW 1500 rpm (1 x new 2019 and the other new 2013)
• Generators hours: 4,100 and 2,150 as of Autumn 2022
• Generators serviced 2019
• Racor fuel filters
• 24vDC alternator on main engine for charging start battery banks
• 24vDC alternator on main engine for charging service battery banks
• 220vAC & 110vAC shorepower system
PLUMBING & GAS SYSTEMS
• Pressurised hot & cold water system
• 2x Gianneschie 24vDC water pumps switchable for fresh or salt water supply – replaced 2020
• 60 litre hot water boiler 220V or heated by the main engine via heat exchanger for guest hot water supplies – replaced 2020
• Watermaker replaced 2019
• 2x 24vDC bilge pumps.
• Manual Whale Gusher 10 MK3 fitted in the aft cockpit (cross linked).
• Manual Whale Gusher fitted in the engine room.
• 6,300 litres fuel capacity in 10x stainless steel tanks
• Racor fuel filters for fuel transfer between tanks
• Fuel tanks cleaned 2019
• 1,190 litres fresh water capacity in 720 litre and 470 litres stainless steel tanks
• 2x guest and 1x crew black water plastic holding tanks
NAVIGATION & COMMUNICATION EQUIPMENT
• B&G H5000 Hydra processor pack
• B&G H5000 7x Graphic display
• B&G H5000 20/20 Display
• B&G H5000 Analogue display
• B&G H5000 Masthead unit PCB Mk II
• B&G H5000 Compass precision 9
• B&G H5000 Barometric pressure sensor
• B&G Network / Mini backbone
• Speed transducer passive
• Depth sensor aft active n2k
• Actisense gateway N2K-NMEA 183
• B&G ZEUS 3S 12’’ MFD WORLD BASEMAP
• B&G HALO20 + RADAR
At helm cockpit
• Steering compass
• Furuno Navnet 3D.MFD8 colour GPS chart plotter
• Furuno DRS6A-NXT solid state doppler radar system with transom-mounted gimballed antenna strut
• B&G Hercules 2000 wind, speed and depth display
• Raymarine autopilot connected to Raymarine autopilot drive unit – 2018
• B&G Hercules and Hydra autopilot control heads connected to B&G autopilot drive unit
• Raymarine depth display – 2018
• B&G analogue wind direction and magnified wind displays to port and starboard in helm cockpit
• 4x B&G 20/20 multi-display units
• 2x B&G 20/20 multi-displays at cockpit companionway
At chart table
• Furuno Navnet 3D.MFD12 colour GPS charter plotter
• B&G Hydra pilot control head
• 3x B&G Hercules 2000 multi-displays
• Northstar 952x GPS navigator plotter
• Furuno GPS display
• Furuno NX700 navtex display
• Furuno AIS FA-50
At crew mess
• B&G Hercules 2000 mulit-display
In Captain’s Cabin
• B&G Hercules 200 multi-display in captain’s cabin
In Master Cabin
• 2x B&G 20/20 multi displays in master cabin
• Furuno FM-8900 VHF with DSC
• Furuno FS02575C SSB MF/HF
• Sailor Fleet satelite communications with spreader mounted dome antenna
• Simrad TC50 handheld VHF with ATIS
• Raytheon 430 intercom / loud hailler
• Force 10 4-burner gimballed gas stove with oven and grill
• Extractor fan system fitted 2019
• Domestic appliances replaced 2019
• 900w convection oven
• 220vAC microwave oven
• Liebherr domestic front opening fridge
• Frigomar 24v/220v refrigeration system with front opening freezer and large capacity top-opening freezer in galley sole
• Vitrifigo 220vAC icemaker (in lower saloon)
• Bosch dishwasher
• AEG Lavamat 220vAC washing machine
• AEG Thermomat 220vAC dryer
• 24vDC electric flush freshwater heads
• Bidet in master cabin heads
• Hot & cold pressurised shower in separate shower rooms
Heating & Ventilation:
• Condaria 220vAC air conditioning system with 3x units and 11x outlets with controls in all guest areas and sleeping cabins
• Air-conditioning system serviced 2019
• 24vDC ventilation fans
• Sony Bravia 50” LCD Smart TV in saloon
• LCD TV in master cabin
• Thomson 18” LCD TV in crew area
• Sony & LG DVD players
• Bose surround sound cinema system with 5x speakers
• Alpine CD radio with speakers in saloon, owner’s cabin, guest cabins, captain’s cabin and crew mess
• Waterproof speakers in guest cockpit
Summary of Accommodation:
• Up to 15 berths in one master cabin with twin double berths and ensuite heads, two double VIP cabins with ensuite heads, one guest bunk cabin with enuite and forward double cabin plus forward bunk cabin, both sharing ensuite heads which is generally used as crew quarters.
• The joinery style is understated but attractively executed by Sangermani.
• Joinery finish in ‘blond streak’ teak
• Corian galley and bathroom work surfaces
• Stainless steel scratch-proof sinks in galley
• Alcantara headlinings in all guest areas
• Teak and holly soleboards
• Teak greatings in shower cubicles
• Off-white cloth upholstery in saloon areas – 2013
• Counters in galley and heads replaced 2019
• Saloon completely dismounted and re-varnished 2019
• Superstructure windows dismounted, cleaned, and sealed 2019
Internal Layout From Forward:
• Accessed from deckhead hatch. Access ladder which can be removed to create side-boarding ladder.
• Very large sail-stowage locker accessed from deckhead hatch or via watertight door through forward heads.
• Shared access from both forward accommodation cabins. Electric vacuum heads, shower and faucet. Teak shower grate.
Forward Port Double Cabin
• Presently in use as the Captain’s Cabin. Large double berth with stowage drawers beneath and stowage lockers above and outboard. Occasional roll-out pipecot for addition crew berth. Large hangling locker. Access forward to heads and aft to crew mess corridor. Stereo system, air-con control and outlet, intercom and B&G multi-display.
Forward Starboard Twin Cabin
• Presently in use as a Crew Cabin. Twin bunks. Large hangling locker. Access forward to heads and aft to crew mess corridor. Stereo system, 24vDC ventilation fan, air-con control and outlet, intercom and B&G multi-display.
• Aft of forward accommodation cabins and located to port. White laminate galley units with dark grey Corian counters. U-shaped configuration with stove, microwave, convection oven, dishwasher, domestic full-sized fridge, above counter front-opening freezer and further freezer beneath sole. Twin stainless steel sinks with pressurised and manual fresh water supplies and pressurised salt water supply. Extensive stowage in lockers, drawers and cupboards.
• Directly opposite galley area. Dining table with bench seating fore and aft. Cupboards and lockers. LCD TV with DVD, PC computer, air-con control and outlet, 24vDC fan, B&G multi-repeater, intercom and stereo system with speakers. Forward corridor area with domestic washing machine and dryer. Door access to saloon area and forward accommodation cabins.
• Large full-beam saloon area, exploiting plenty of natural light from large stainless steel deck-saloon windows (forward windows can be opened for natural ventilation). U-shaped dining area to port with large dining table and two pull-out dining chairs. Cupboards outboard with large LCD Smart TV positioned centrally. L-shaped lounge seating area to starboard with bookshelves and cupboards outboard and counter to aft end with ice maker. Steps to upper saloon. Surround sound speakers.
• Poisitoned to port with U-shaped settee seating and table. Panomarmic views outboard. Hi-Fi speakers. Steps up to guest cockpit.
• Opposite upper saloon to starboard. Panomaric views outboard and forward. Large forward-facing chart table with seat. Extensive space for mounting of navigation and communications equipment. Locker and shelf space immediately aft.
• Aft of chart table area is a corridor that connects the upper saloon area to the aft guest accommodation cabins and the machinery spaces. AC/DC panel inboard and sound-proof door access to workshop area.
Midships Starboard Guest Cabin.
• Twin bunks. Large hangling locker. Access forward to ensuite heads. Stereo system, air-con control and outlet.
Midships Starboard Ensuite Heads.
• Forward of accommodation cabin. White Corian counters. Electric vacuum heads, shower and faucet. Teak shower grate.
Workshop and Machinery Room.
• Accessed inboard through sound-proof door. Dedicated workshop area with tools and spare storage, air conditioning, folding basin, featuring all electric equipment such as battery chargers, inverter and electric boxes. Sound-proof door through to machinery room with main engine, twin generators, watermakers, hydraulic pumps and other mechanical systems. Electric ventilation.
Port VIP Guest Cabin
• Large double berth with stowage drawers beneath and stowage lockers above and outboard. Large hangling locker. Access forward to ensuite heads. Stereo system, air-con control and outlet.
Port VIP Ensite Heads
• Forward of accommodation cabin. White Corian counters. Electric vacuum heads, faucet, separate shower with teak shower grate.
Starboard VIP Guest Cabin
• Double berth with stowage drawers beneath and stowage lockers above and outboard. Large hangling locker. Access forward to ensuite heads. Stereo system, air-con control and outlet.
Starboard VIP Ensite Heads
• Aft of accommodation cabin. White Corian counters. Electric vacuum heads, faucet, separate shower with teak shower grate.
• Large full-beam owner’s suite with twin double berths outboard. Counters, shelves and lockers outboard of berths. Extensive hanging locker space. Desk and lockers forward to starboard. Inset LCD TV. B&G multi-displays. Stereo with speakers. Air-con control and outlet. Intercom system.
Master Cabin Ensuite
• Forward of accommodation cabin. White Corian counters. Electric vacuum heads, bidet, faucet, separate shower with teak shower grate.
• Sparcraft white painted keel-stepped aluminium mast with 4-sets of spreaders and 11/12th fractional cutter rig
• Park Avenue white painted carbon fibre boom with integral boom awning
• Stainless steel rod standing rigging – last ultrasound inspection 2013
• Split backstay with twin hydraulic adjusters
• Kevlar checkstays with UV covers
• Sparcarft white painted carbon fibre spinnaker pole stowed vertically on adjustable mast track
• Harken battencar system with mast-track for fully-battened mainsail
• Harken hydraulic headsail furlers for genoa, staysail and code zero
• Controls for genoa furling, staysail and code zero furlers in helm cockpit and repeated in guest cockpit adjacent to primary winches
• Harken genoa tracks with blocks
• Harken adjustable mainsheet track and mainsail system
• Navtec 4-function manually operated hydraulic console for vang, baby, backstay and outhaul fitted in the aft cockpit – backstay and babystay overhauled 2019
• Navtec 4-function hydraulic pump for genoa, yankee, and cunningham rams fitted on mast.
• Running rigging mostly replaced 2019 including main halyard, checkstays and sheets
• 1x Harken 1100 self-tailing powered mainsheet winch at forward end of helm cockpit
• 2x Harken 44 self-tailing mainsheet track winches at forward end of helm cockpit
• 2x Harken 66.2 self-tailing powered checkstay winches in helm cockpit
• 2x Harken 1100 self-tailing powered staysail winches in helm cockpit
• 2x Harken 1120 self-tailing powered genoa winches in guest cockpit
• 2x removable coffee grinder winches mounted to bridge deck with manual control overrides for Harken hydraulic primary winches
• 2x Harken 980-3 3-speed self-tailing powered halyard winches at mast
• 4x Harken 66.2 self-tailing manual halyard winches at mast
• 2x Harken 56.2 self-tailing manual halyard winches at mast
• Quantum carbon laminate fully-battened mainsail – 2016 – fully serviced 2019
• Quantum carbon laminate furling genoa – 2016 – UV Cover replaced 2019
• Quantum carbon laminate furling staysail – 2016 – UV Cover replaced 2019
• North Sails reaching gennaker with sock
• North Sails furling code zero
• Aft cockpit with wheel steering, engine controls and emergency steering.
• Large guest cockpit with varnished teak table and integral cool box
• Sunbathing area between cockpits
• Hood stainless steel portlights.
• Lewmar hatches fitted with interior trim in teak.
• 8x custom stainless steel framed windows to deck saloon coaming (the two central forward win- dows can be opened).
• 4x alloy flush-mounted mooring cleats to side decks.
• 4x stainless steel mooring cleats to fore and aft decks.
• Bow pulpit in 30mm diameter stainless steel tube with navigation light supports, opening gate and teak seat fitted with socket for gangway.
• Stern guard in 30mm diameter stainless steel tube with opening gate, brackets for ensign staff, 1 x MOM, navigation light and life rings, Bimini top securing line eyes and teak outboard support.
• 20x tapered stainless steel stanchions
• Stainless steel double guardrails with opening gate to port and starboard.
• 8x fairleads.
• 4x stainless steel 50mm diameter diesel fillers in stainless steel recesses with teak laid locker doors.
• Stainless steel frame for Bimini top and dodger to guest cockpit.
• Stainless steel frame for Bimini top and dodger to aft cockpit, which stows in a recess running around the aft cockpit.
• Fresh water deck shower aft
• White painted radar antenna pole at stern
• Side-boarding ladder stowed as access ladder to forepeak locker
• Hydraulic actuated bathing platform with teak beach-club platform
• Swimming ladder
• Dual-purpose hydraulic passarelle with staircase function between platform and aft deck
Anchoring & Mooring:
• Twin stainless steel anchor rollers
• Lewmar 4000 hydraulic windlass with chain gypsy to starboard and warping drum to port.
• Portable windlass control with emergency control in the aft cockpit.
• 180 lb / 81 kg CQR anchor with 135m/445′ 14mm diameter high tensile chain with painted reference marks spaced at 15 meters.
• 2x FX85 Fortress anchors
• Warps and fenders - mooring lines replaced 2019
Tender & Outboard:
• Zodiac 4.2m inflatable
• Yamaha 20hp 4-stroke outboard engine
• Yamaha 15hp 4-stroke spare outboard engine
Covers, Cushions & Canvas
• Mainsail cover - 2019
• Central cockpit cushions in viscolatex foam - 2019
• Sunbathing cushions for bridge deck with blue towelling covers
• Sunbathing cushions for forward coachroof
• Sun-awning for guest cockpit – furled into boom
• Biminis for guest and helm cockpits with stainless steel frames – replaced 2019
• Sprayhoods replaced 2019
• Navigation lights
• Search light – overhauled and rechromed 2016
• Spreader lights
• Deck uplights in foredeck
• Full safety equipment for 12 persons according to SOLAS CAT 1 Open seas
• 3 x Zodiac SOLAS A8 man liferafts stowed in pushpit and on fordeck – next services due mid-2019
• Raytheon Ray430 fog horn / loud hailer
• Jotron 406Mhz EPIRB
• Safety equipment serviced 2019
• Co2 fire extinguisher system in machinery space
• Fire extinguishers throughout interior
• Komtech Fire/smoke sensor system throughout
• Fire extinguishing systems serviced 2019
Lying Palma de Mallorca
Available to view strictly by appointment
Office Hours Mon- Fri 0900 – 17.00
Saturday by prior appointment
For more information or to arrange a viewing, please contact us.
Please Note: Due to the varying locations of our yachts, your travel time and the distances that may be involved, we recommend that you only make arrangements to view if you are actively considering a purchase.
Tel: +44 (0)1590 673715
Grabau International offers the details of all vessels in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information or warranty the condition of any vessel and the details do not constitute a part of any contract. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. All vessels are offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice. Grabau International provides professional yacht conveyancing and legal transfer of title for all yachts as per the ABYA Code of Practice with all deposit payments and final balance payments processed through secure dedicated client accounts solely for that purpose. Our dedicated client accounts are written in trust at Natwest Bank and we are fully insured.