Utterly stunning and completely refitted historic Sparkman & Stephens designed performance sloop from Cantiere Sangermani in 1969.
FURTHER BROKER’S COMMENTS:
Originally named PATRICIA III , renamed by her second owner Mr Tieger to PATRICIAN TIGER she was designed to compete in the regattas of the I Class RORC. This unique Sparkman & Stephens (design no 129), performance cruiser was completely refitted and only hit the water again in July 2022, ready to race once more as she was built for back in 1969.
PATRICIAN TIGER boasts many specification highlights including:-
• Complete refit 2020-2022 with all parts of the boat and her systems either completely replaced or zero-houred and overhauled
• Flush deck design with aft coachroof and single cockpit
• Mahogany construction over Oak frames
• Teak interior
• Three cabin, two heads layout plus forepeak
• Trim tab on aft end of keel
• New painted aluminium rig with Quantum sails package
• NKE navigation instruments with nav PC at chart table
• New 12vDC and 220vAC electrical systems
• New upholstery
Professionally rebuilt with an amazing dedicated team of professionals that put all their blood, sweat and tears into this amazing project, PATRICIAN TIGER is now ready for her next owner. An owner with a sharp eye for quality and detail will appreciate the craftsmanship, expertise and perfect condition of this unique yacht which is now 100% ready for the 2023 season.
PATRICIAN TIGER, built for an Italian owner Mr Vender by the Sangermani shipyard in Lavangna. Ceasare Sangermani a friend of Olin Stephens, created a racer with elegant style, and characteristics that make her so extraordinary: Beauty, Speed & Simplicity. Her fair lines, with no stretches, typical of the moment when Olin Stephens split the rudder from the keel, to reduce the water surface of the hull, leaving however an important connection between them and the skeg. This makes the Patrician amazingly easy to handle, while keeping a good stability route when sailing up-wind.
"Patrician Tiger" has been completely restored in a very professional manner. Several sections of hull, the entire technical installation has been newly constructed, all the deck fittings and winches overhauled, the rigging completely renewed, etc.
With a great eye for detail and with high-quality materials, this classic has been restored to new condition.”
• RCD Status: Our understanding is that the yacht is exempt from the essential safety requirements of Directive 94/25EC (Recreational Craft Directive) as she was built and placed into use within the EU prior to 1998.
Hull, Deck & Superstructure Construction:
• Mahogany hull construction on oak frames
• White painted topsides
• Teak laid side decks
• Varnished coachroof and toerail
Keel & Rudder:
• Ballast keel is lead casting with antimony
• Rudder blade supported by skeg
• Trim rudder on aft end of keel
Engine & gearbox:
• Volvo Penta MD 32 A 6-cylinder diesel engine producing 106hp
• Engine control via single lever control
• Freshwater cooling with heat exchanger and raw water intake and strainer
• Velvet reduction gearbox
Service & Maintenance:
• Engine completed overhauled and ‘zero-houred’ 2021
• Engine hours since rebuild – approx. 45 as of Autumn 2022
Propulsion & Steering:
• Shaft drive with stainless steel shaft and bronze p-bracket
• Max-Prop 3-bladed feathering propeller
• Wheel steering with hide-covered stainless steel helm wheel
• Emergency steering
• 12vDC primary domestic system with 12vDC starting circuit and 220v AC via inverter shore power.
• 12vDC engine start battery
• 9x 65Amp 12vDC service batteries joined in parallel to supply 585Ah @ 12vDC
Charging / Inverter:
• Victron Phoenix 12/50 50Amp 220vAC automatic battery charger
• Victron 12/3000 3kw inverter with control
• 12vDC 80Amp engine-mounted alternator for charging service battery bank
• 12vDC engine-mounted alternator
• 220vAC shore power
PLUMBING & GAS SYSTEMS
• Pressurised hot & cold water system using Jabsco 12vDC DC pressure pump
• Water heated by engine driven calorifier with 220v immersion element in Isotherm 60 litre hot water tank.
• Thermostatic mixer taps supplying galley and both heads.
• 2x manual bilge-pumps
• 2x automatic 12vDC electric bilge-pumps with alarm
• Approx. 300 litres in stainless steel tanks plus 50 litre day tank with fuel filter system
• 600 litres in 3x 200 stainless steel fresh water tanks
• Blackwater holding tank
NAVIGATION & COMMUNICATION EQUIPMENT
• NKE autopilot control unit
• NKE multifunction display with speed, depth and wind transducers
• C Plaith Hamburg steering compass
At Chart Table:
• Computer chart plotter with monitor
• Standard Horizon Explorer VHF with DSC and AIS
• Force 10 stainless steel gimballed gas stove with 3x burners and oven
• Top-loading fridge with 12vDC compressor
• Vitrifrigo 65 litre 12vDC front opening fridge
• Stainless steel sinks with hot & cold water supply
• 2x Manual marine heads
• Hot & cold pressurised shower
• Diesel fired hot air cabin heating
• Fusion MS-RA70 Bluetooth stereo system with speakers
Summary of Accommodation:
• 10 berths in three cabins plus saloon
• Teak interior joinery throughout
• Varnished teak soleboards.
• White painted headlining
• Oatmeal upholstery throughout
Description of Accommodation from Forward:
• Forepeak double bed
• Two single bunkbeds port and starboard
• Portside cabin with en-suite head and shower
• Main cabin 4 bunkbeds
• Each cabin has opening port holes for ventilation.
• The galley is on the starboard side of the entrance
• Aft to starboard still in the salon is the navigation chart table area. All switches and electronics are mounted in this comfortable area.
• Through the main bulkhead to the master aft cabin with two beds
• Aluminium mast and boom – white painted – new 2022
• Keel-stepped mast with 2-sets of spreaders and masthead rigged
• Stainlee steel rod standing rigging – 2022
• Low-friction battencars on mast track
• Hydraulic backstay, vang, cutter stay and outhaul adjustment
• Manual genoa furler
• Spinnaker pole with track on mast
• Dyneema running rigging and halyards
• Adjustable mainsheet track forward of helm pedestal
• Polished stainless steel deck gear
• Genoa sheeting tracks and inboard jib sheeting tracks
• Removable inner forestay
• 8x polished chrome winches, including 1x Andersen stainless steel self-tailing electric winch for main halyard and further Andersen self-tailing winches on mast
• Quantum Sails Dacron fully-battened mainsail – 2022
• Quantum Sails Dacron furling genoa – 2022
• Hank-on staysail – 2022
• North Sails gennaker – 2014 (as new)
• Stainless steel pushpit, pulpit and guardrail stanchions.
• Polished dorade vents
• Chrome-plated window profiles with single glazing
Anchoring & Mooring:
• Lofrans SX 3.5 1,700w 12vDC reversing anchor windlass with independent gypsy and drum operation plus remote control
• Delta anchor with 100m 10mm chain
• Spare anchor
• 8x fenders and warps
Covers, Cushions & Canvas:
• Pram sprayhood for companionway
• Mainsail cover
• Helm pedestal cover
General note on safety equipment: Any safety equipment such as liferafts, Epirbs, fire extinguishers and flares etc. are usually personal to the current owner(s) and if being left on-board as part of the sale of a used vessel may require routine servicing, replacement, or changing to meet a new owners specific needs.
Lying Zaandam, Netherlands
Available to view strictly by appointment
Office Hours Mon- Fri 0900 – 17.00
Saturday by prior appointment
For more information or to arrange a viewing please contact us.
Please Note: Due to the varying locations of our yachts, your travel time and the distances that may be involved, we recommend that you only make arrangements to view if you are actively considering purchase.
Lead Broker: Jascha Bach
Tel: +31 641 486879
Grabau International offers the details of all vessels in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information or warranty the condition of any vessel and the details do not constitute a part of any contract. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. All vessels are offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice. Grabau International provides professional yacht conveyancing and legal transfer of title for all yachts as per the ABYA Code of Practice with all deposit payments and final balance payments processed through secure dedicated client accounts solely for that purpose. Our dedicated client accounts are written in trust at Natwest Bank and we are fully insured.