Carbon-hulled blue water speed machine from Seaway in 2006. Fantastic specification with everything you could need to cross oceans quickly in absolute comfort and safety. A great opportunity to escape the rat-race… at speed.
FURTHER BROKER’S COMMENTS:
FILIPPO E TOMMASO is an extremely high specification example of the J&J designed Shipman 63 carbon raised saloon blue water cruiser. Launched in 2006 as hull No.5, her specification highlights are many and include:-
• Full carbon/epoxy construction
• Twin rudders with JP3 bearings
• Versatile custom 3-cabins, 2-heads plus crew & crew heads interior in Cherry
• 115hp Yanmar engine with shaft-drive
• Maxpower retractable bowthruster
• Mastervolt domestic electrics package with 10kw generator
• Air-conditioning throughout
• Gas stove with electric oven/grill
• Washing machine and dishwasher
• Bose sound system
• Satelitte TV system with antenna on transom pole
• Tender garage with custom carbon RIB tender
• Upgraded Hall spars rig with V-boom
• Retractable carbon bowsprit for flying code sails
• Harken carbon hydraulic winches
• Doyle Sails laminate mainsail and jib
• Raymarine instruments with radar/plotters
• Simrad IDSN satellite phone system
Realistically priced, FILIPPO E TOMMASO is well presented, conveniently located and immediately available.
A sailing yacht for visiting the world’s most attractive cruising grounds that is relaxing, comfortable and safe - yet does not sacrifice the feel and speed of a race machine. Fast and strong, easy to sail and handle, simple and good-looking, she is the racer’s ocean cruiser.
The Shipman 63 was developed using the world’s top experts in hydrodynamics, singlehanded sailing and hi-tech boatbuilding. The result is a cruiser that can sail 300 miles a day in comfort and safety.
• RCD Status: Our understanding is that the yacht conforms with the essential safety requirements of Directive 94/25EC (Recreational Craft Directive) and is categorised A – “Ocean”
Hull, Deck & Superstructure Construction:
• Hull, deck and all structural bulkheads in epoxy-carbon and epoxy-glass prepreg with foam cores cured at 85 degrees C
• Internal structure and gussets in solid epoxy-carbon and epoxy-glass prepreg cured at 85 degrees C and bonded to both hull and deck with special high-performance epoxy glues.
• Structural main bulkheads are built in epoxy laminate sandwich
• 2 forepeak bulkheads and the aft bulkhead are watertight. The space in front of the forward bulkhead below the anchor well is filled with closed-cell PU foam.
• Mast support in solid epoxy-carbon prepreg laminate bonded and attached to the main bulkhead, hull and deck
• Hull portlights, fixed, in front cabin area, glued and mechanically bonded, in polyacrylate
• Solimar recessed deck hatches.
• Coachroof side and front windows in toughened safety glass, glued (bonded) to carbon laminate of the deck
• 2 fixed windows on the horizontal part of the coachroof to allow visual control of the sails from inside in toughened safety glass, glued (bonded) to carbon laminate of the deck
• Recessed storage space for spray dodger with a canvas cover
• Sliding companionway hatch in composite sandwich with water drainage
• Teak side decks, bathing platform, cockpit floor and seating areas.
• Hull and deck are sanded, primed with epoxy primer and sprayed with Awlgrip PU paint for best UV protection and gloss retention.
• Topsides finished in black paint
Keel & Rudder:
• A hydro dynamically optimized low drag high lift lead bulb and cast iron fin keel is provided. A high-surface upper flange allows distribution of grounding forces to the structure of the boat.
• Standard fixed keel draft is 3.0m.
• 2 Spade rudders are a high ratio airfoil section in carbon / epoxy laminate over massive carbon stock, built in high pressure, high-temperature autoclave (Isotop)
• JP3 bearings
Engine & gearbox:
• Yanmar 4J3H4-DTE 115hp diesel engine.
• ZF reduction gearbox.
• Double Racor filters
• Engine is mounted on resilient mounts with special hard rubber to prevent excessive vibration.
• Engine compartment sound- proof isolated
• Access to engine from all 3 sides
• A single lever engine control, removable, is mounted on the starboard side of the steering position.
• The exhaust tube is taken straight to the stern through a stainless steel exit with a shut-off valve
Maintenance & Performance:
• Engine hours: approx. 2,900 as of Autumn 2022
• Date of last generator service - 2022
• Cruising speed – approx. 8 knots
• Maximum speed – approx. 10 knots
Propulsion & Steering:
• 2 Steering console pedestals with st.steel tube protection grabrail and carbon steering wheels.
• Gori 3-bladed folding propeller
• Maxpower retractable hydraulic bowthruster
• 24vDC domestic system plus 12vDC services with 230v AC via generator, shore power or inverter
• 6x 12vDC gel service batteries joined in parallel and series to supply 24vDC services - 2019
• 1x 12vDC gel engine battery – 2019
• 1x 12vDC gel generator start battery – 2019
• 1x 12vDC gel hydraulics battery - 2019
• Mastervolt automatic 12vDC battery charger
• Mastervolt automatic 24vDC battery charger
• Mastervolt Inverter
• Mastervolt Whisper 10kw generator
• Generator hours – tbc
• 12vDC alternator on engine for charging start battery
• Mastervolt 110a 24vDC alternator for charging service batteries
• AC and DC distribution switchboards are placed under the chart table area and controlled by a pushbutton panel
• Shore power
PLUMBING & GAS SYSTEMS
• 24vDC pressure system with calorifier tank and 230vAC immersion heater powered by shore power or generator
• Dock freshwater inlet
• Deck wash pump Sea water and fresh water supply
• Aft deck shower
• Spectra reverse osmosis watermaker producing approx. 120 litres per hour
• A hand operated bilge pump (high capacity) at the helmsman’s position on Port, taking water from the main bilge
• Electric bilge pumps
• Through-hull fittings overhauled and replaced where required - 2021
• 2 x rigid fuel tanks are mounted under the saloon floor
• 1 x approx. 150l day tank
• Gauge meter at the chart table
• Fuel intake on deck to Stb
• Fuel vent leading to the coach roof caps port and Stb.
• Rigid fresh water tanks (2 pieces) with approx 500l total capacity under the saloon floor
• Tanks can be disconnected by valves.
• All tanks have inspection covers and overboard vents to hull side.
• Gauge meters with indicator above chart table.
• 2x black water holding tank servicing all heads
• Holding tank level gauges
• 24vDC electric macerator pump
• Pump out point on deck
NAVIGATION & COMMUNICATION EQUIPMENT
• Raymarine E120 series GPS radar chart plotter display
• Raymarine mast-mounted radar scanner
• Raymarine ST290 multi displays at port and starboard helms
• Raymarine ST290 wind displays at port and starboard helms
• Raymarine ST290 autopilot controls at port and starboard helm
• Raymarine ST290 remote control for maxi view instruments at starboard helm
• Raymarine S100 autopilot remote control handset
• Raymarine MOB button at port helm
• 3x Raymarine ST290 Maxiview repeaters at mast
• Steering compasses
• Raymarine E120 GPS radar chart plotter display
• Raymarine ST290 muliti-repeater display
• Raymarine P70S autopilot control head - 2019
• Raymarine S100 autopilot remote control handset
• Raymarine VHF RAY240E Class D-DSC
• Simrad ISDN satellite phone system with antenna on transom – serviceable
• Horn/loud hailer
• Raymarine camera systems with 5 cameras sited at stern, bilge and saloon
• Stainless steel gimablled 4-burner gas stove with 220vAC electric combination oven/grill
• 220vAC cooker extractor hood
• Front opening fridge
• Second fridge
• Top opening fridge/freezer
• Bosch 220vAC dishwasher
• Inset sink with hot & cold pressurised freshwater supply
• Filtered freshwater supply
• Bosch washer/dryer
• Tecma 24V electric toilets
• Manual heads for crew cabin
• Showers in all heads compartments.
Heating & Ventilation:
• Cruise Air 220vAC reverse-cycle air conditioning with two units and outlets in saloon, owner’s cabin and aft cabins
• LCT TV in saloon with electric lift
• LCD TV in master cabin and aft accommodation cabins
• Satelitte TV system with antenna on transom pole
• Bose entertainment system with speakers throughout interior
• Bose speakers in cockpit
Summary of Accommodation:
• Accommodates up to 6 guests and 2 crew in three double cabins and forward crew cabin. Crew cabin is accessible from owner’s ensuite heads, so could also be used as secure children’s cabin
• Interior joinery in cherry and varnished with satin-gloss PU varnish.
• Saloon sofas and master cabon sofa finished upholstered in cream leather
• Headlinings finished in off-white
• Owners cabin bulkheads in Alcantara light cream colour
• Composite counter tops in galley and heads
Description of Accommodation from Forward:
Crew Cabin & Crew Heads:
• The front section of the yacht forms a sail locker and is separated from the rest of the yacht by a strong collision bulkhead
• Watertight door from the bow washroom, lockable from both sides
• A large opening hatch on the locker ceiling – positioned to increase the standing headroom
• 2 pipe cots, upper and lower, folding to the side of the boat, with closed-foam mattresses and water resistant vinyl covers
• Crew heads & shower
Owner’s Ensuite Heads:
• Separate enclosed shower with sliding polyacrylate door and a seat to Port
• Shower water is pumped out on the yacht’s side by an electric pump: the watertight switch is in the shower area.
• Electric marine head and a holding tank to Port behind the shower cabin
• Cabinets behind, above and fwd of the marine head
• A washbasin with pressurised water (hot and cold) to Stb with a worktop in Corian or similar
• Lockers below the washbasin with seacocks.
• Cabinets behind, above and fwd of the wash basins
• Central front area on the bulkhead with a watertight door to the sail locker / skippers cabin
• A full-size double berth to Port. The berth is also accessible from the front (and laterally).
• Shelf and lockers above the berth.
• A cabinet on the main bulkhead over the berth
• Stowage under the berth.
• Hanging locker fwd of the berth, mid-height, with a shelf on top
• Large hanging locker to Stb against the main bulkhead, shelf on top
• Working desk with book shelves on Stb
• Sofa to starboard
• Lockers overhead to Stb
• Comfortable sitting arrangement for 8 with panoramic vision at seating level
• Grabrail integrated into the aft midline part of the settee accessible from the companionway
• Storage space under the settee
• Stereo speakers behind the aft and fwd part of the settee to Port
• Reading spotlights in the aft and fwd part of the settee to Port
• Shelves and bird-nest lockers behind backrest.
• Large table of a very strong construction
• Seat on the starboard side of the saloon table with a backrest and storage space underneath.
• Lockers with doors and separation shelves under the aft part of the settee.
• Shelves behind backrests of the dinette.
• Side windows to cabin roof.
• Courtesy lights under companionway stairs and along the floorline in the saloon, lit step down to front cabin.
• 2 opening hatches with blinds in the roof above the saloon
• From saloon there is a shelf to the pantry area used for serving food and other items to the dinette table
• The pantry is one step down from the central area going forward enabling more head space and easier manoeuvring around the pantry.
• The sink is recessed in the work space without a separation rim to provide easy maintenance and cleaning of the pantry surface. Located on the side of the front bulkhead.
• A pressure fresh water system (cold and hot water) with a tap is installed.
• Numerous lockers are placed over the sink area.
• Electric stove with crash bar
• There is an electric exhaust fan over the stove leading to the aft cockpit area below the gangway.
• Under the stove, there is a locker.
• Stowage shelf behind the stove.
• Top-loading refrigerator (located to the aft of the pantry) has two compartments, both accessible from the top (deep freeze and normal refrigeration temperature) taking volume also from the front part on the chart table.
• Additional front-opening fridge is opening to the galley.
• There are numerous lockers and drawers above the refrigeration units opening to the galley.
• The bar area between the galley and the saloon permits easy passing of food and crockery to the saloon table.
• A large oilskin locker to Stb aft, drained to the bilge and well airated to saloon and the ceiling (to the ventilated space under the cabin roof top – with watertight cap)
• Navigator’s chair allowing good visibility forward
• Chart table with chart storage under. The table can be locked in lifted position.
• A 230 V pickup for domestic appliances is built in the separation bulkhead between the navigation and pantry (pantry side).
• In front of the table, there is a suspended instrument holding element allowing good visibility of information (chart reader, radar, etc)
• The space under the navigator forms a large technical zone with pumps, valves, the compressor of the refrigeration units with aeration slots etc.
• In the front upper part of the chart table there is a large instrumentation panel with electrical distribution panel, and other instrumentation. Panel is easily removable for access to switches, mounting of additional instrumentation, etc.
• To midline of the chart table a shelf leading forward to the pantry area with a grab handle in the aft part (accessible from the companionway)
• A bar locker under the shelf
• Symmetrical aft cabins to port and starboard
• Access from the saloon, one step down to the aft cabin area
• Full size hanging locker to the boat side
• Full-size double berth (155 x 210 cm).
• Wrap- around shelf above the berth.
• Mattresses with Stowage under.
• Hanging locker with a shelf above.
• Dome light and 2 reading spot lights.
• Hinged access panel to the engine or generator (optional) compartment for servicing purposes.
• Opening hatch with a roller blind on the cabin ceiling.
• Opening portlight to the cockpit side with a shade
• Shelves for small items on the sides.
• Access to the technical area in the midline
Aft Cabin / Day Heads:
• Door from entry area in front of the companionway with lock
• Fixed window to coachroof side
• Electric marine heads
• Washbasin with pressurized water (hot and cold).
• Shower faucet
• Mirror and toilet compartment set.
• 2 lockers above the head and washbasin
• A locker below the washbasin with seacocks.
• The toilet compartment is a GRP moulded piece including the floor basin with an outlet for the shower water and an electric pump.
• An electric exhaust ventilator in the lateral aft part of the locker takes air out of the compartment to the aft platform area
• Black water tank (with overboard and deck discharge)
• Hall Spars 9/10 2 spreader Carbon mast, deck stepped
• Stainless steel rod standing rigging
• Carbon Park-Avenue style V-boom
• Navtec hydraulic twinned backstay and vang control
• Harken towable jib car tracks on foredeck
• Low-friction mast-track with Antal cars
• Retractable carbon fibre bowsprit
• Through-deck furling line block
• Under deck jib furling drum
• Deck gear: Harken, Spinlock stoppers, Lewmar hatches,
• 2x Harken 990 carbon-top hydraulic self-tailing 3 speed primary cockpit winches
• 2x Harken 990 carbon-top hydraulic self-tailing 3 speed secondary cockpit winches
• 2x Harken 53 2-speed self-tailing mast halyard winches
• Doyle Sails tri-radial laminate fully-battened mainsail – 2018
• Doyle Sails tri-radial laminate furling jib – 2018
• North Sails furling Code Zero – 2006
• North Sails furling gennaker – 2006
• Carbon fibre passarelle
• Cockpit table with leg support, 2 folding flaps and grabrail above. Drink holders. Integrated 220vAC electric BBQ. Space for chart plotter and engine panel on the aft face of the table.
• Access to emergency steering on both sides.
• Stern cockpit seat in epoxy-carbon sandwich laminate
• Fold-out stern platform (operated hydraulically) with stops in both positions
• Swimming ladder
• Stowage for a dinghy below the cockpit floor with provision for fast launch and retrieval
• Recessed deck hatches
• Central cockpit hatch over dinghy garage area
Anchoring & Mooring:
• Maxwell 3.5kw electric anchor windlass recessed in anchor well, vertical drum, chain and rope gypsy
• Maxwell AA560 chain counter
• Hydraulically operated swinging anchor arm in carbon on STB of the forestay.
• 25kgs stainless steel Delta anchor with stainless steel chain
• Mooring lines and fenders
• Mooring windlass 1000 W popup winch
• Spring cleats in the middle 2 pieces Nomen type
• Mooring cleats in aluminium, folding, 300 mm, 2 in front, 2 aft, NOMEN type
• Mooring lines and fenders
Covers, Cushions & Canvas
• Mainsail cover with lazy jacks
• Bimini over helm
• Cockpit and deck awnings
• Cockpit cushions
• Coachroof sunbathing cushions
• Wheel covers
• Winch covers
• Spreader up/down lights On all spreaders
• Lopolight LED navigation lights
• Boarding light on radar pole
Tender & Outboard:
• 2.90m inflatable tender with carbon hull – 2006
• Mercury 6hp 4-stroke outboard engine – 2011
General note on safety equipment: Any safety equipment such as liferafts, Epirbs, fire extinguishers and flares etc. are usually personal to the current owner(s) and if being left on-board as part of the sale of a used vessel may require routine servicing, replacement, or changing to meet a new owners specific needs.
• Jonbuoy MOB recovery system with carbon hard case
• 406Mhz EPIRB
• Fire extinguishers
• Automatic fire extinguisher system in engine bay
Lying Sanremo, Italy
Available to view strictly by appointment
Office Hours Mon- Fri 0900 – 17.00
Saturday by prior appointment
For more information or to arrange a viewing, please contact us.
Please Note: Due to the varying locations of our yachts, your travel time and the distances that may be involved, we recommend that you only make arrangements to view if you are actively considering a purchase.
Lead Broker: Michele Antonini
Tel: +39 3337489281
Grabau International offers the details of all vessels in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information or warranty the condition of any vessel and the details do not constitute a part of any contract. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. All vessels are offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice. Grabau International provides professional yacht conveyancing and legal transfer of title for all yachts as per the ABYA Code of Practice with all deposit payments and final balance payments processed through secure dedicated client accounts solely for that purpose. Our dedicated client accounts are written in trust at Natwest Bank and we are fully insured.