EYOTY-2024 nominated carbon fibre speed machine. With over 7,000hrs invested in her construction at one of Sweden’s most legendary yards, GODSPEED is the ultimate expression of a money-no-object approach on how to cruise faster than almost anything else with one hull, yet without compromising on comfort.
FURTHER BROKER’S COMMENTS:
GODSPEED is a factory-owned and maintained demonstrator example of the Oscar & Håkan Södergren designed Shogun 43 performance cruiser, constructed in collaboration with Linjett Yachts in Sweden.
Developed as the second model in a lineup headed by the acclaimed Shogun 50 ‘LADYKILLER’, GODSPEED took an incredible 7,000hrs to build, with construction taking place at Linjett Yachts, the oldest and arguably most respected and conservative yacht manufacturer in Sweden.
As with the Shogun 50, the objective with the Shogun 43 is to create the ultimate all carbon speed monster with a focus on fast cruising rather than results around the cans (although it will also be formidable in this arena!) Up until now, those who like to cruise (really) fast have had to opt for racing yachts along with all the compromises on comfort and practicality that come with them… the Shogun 43 changes this, something that has already been picked up by the international yachting press with nominations for the prestigious 2024 European Yacht of the Year awards and the 2023 British Yachting Awards.
Used solely for demonstration purposes, magazine reviews and display at the 2023 Barcelona Boatshow, GODSPEED is now offered for immediate delivery to make way for the next hull which will soon be ready for launch.
Her specification highlights include:-
• Carbon fibre and epoxy sandwich construction
• Metallic grey topsides
• Synthetic decking
• Axe bow profile with integral spray sails
• Carbin fibre keel blade with lead t-bulb
• Selden carbon fibre mast and Park-Avenue boom
• Carbon fibre standing rigging
• Hydraulic mast-jack
• Full North racing sail wardrobe with 3Di square-top mainsail, jib, staysails, spinnakers, asymmetrics and code sails.
• Antal electric mainsail traveller
• Load-cell displays for backstays and jib
• Antal winches in cockpit plus additional Selden electric halyard/control line winches at companionway
• Ubi Maior subdeck furler
• Jefa steering with twin carbon wheels
• Victron Energy electrics with Lithium-ion batteries, charger and inverter
• B&G instruments with plotters, autopilot, H5000 system and AIS transceiver
• Eberspacher heating
• Full galley equipment
• Electric heads
Want a yacht that effortlessly combines innovative design and ground-breaking technology, to make doublehanded sailing easy and fun – even at top speed?
Enter the Shogun 43.
Developed with a focus on performance and ease of use, this yacht goes beyond conventional and traditional design, taking performance cruising to the next level. It is the yacht for you who love speed and want to sail fast without a full crew. It is for you who want to have fun on the water and maximise your sailing experience every time you go out, but still want comfort onboard. Shogun 43 gives you both.
The interior of the Shogun 43 is developed to look and feel harmonious both from a sensory and auditory perspective. We wanted to create a quiet and cosy space with an interior that feels solid, and still is lightweight.
Thanks to a sleek design that can be customised specifically to you and your style of sailing, the Shogun 43 is a high performer – whether its weekend hops, long distance cruising or offshore racing. Change your setup depending on the number of crew, weather conditions, type of sailing, preferred power, and overall experience.
Tearing up the Rulebook
The Shogun 43 is designed to be fun and an absolute thrill to sail, which is why we have torn up the rulebook and discarded the notion of what a sail plan should look like. Instead, we have placed the mast further aft, behind the dining table, to get a bigger fore triangle base for headsails. This allows the Shogun 43 to have a 100% self-tacking jib which is a break from conventional Scandinavian yacht design.
The large foretriangle base also gives the yacht multiple options for headsails. This gives Shogun 43 a flexible sail plan, which is easy to manage. Options for headsails allows you to easily choose how much horsepower you want in any given occasion. Change your setup depending on the type of sailing, weather conditions, preferred power, number of crew and overall experience. So even if the Shogun 43 is a high performer, you as a sailor decides how sensitive you want your Shogun to be.
We have made this yacht with two different rig and keel options. Your choice depends on the style of sailor you are and what you want to achieve on the water. If you are looking for thrill and exhilaration, the rig with runners and a square top mainsail with a 2.7 m draft keel is the setup that will give you ultimate performance. If you are a more into short-handed sailing or prefer relaxed cruising, then chose the rig with regular backstay and a pinhead mainsail for the shallower 2.4 m keel. Regardless which option you chose, both have a mainsail large enough to always have enough power to help you leave other yachts in your wake.
The Shogun 43 is as flexible as you want it to be.
Let's go Doublehanded
The exterior layout of the Shogun 43 is designed to be enjoyed by all kind of sailors, from keen racers to relaxed cruising yachtsmen – and especially if you are both. The unique addition of dual winches on the cabin top simplifies doublehanded sailing. Multiple onboard features are designed to remove the need for a crew the size of a football team normally required to set a kite.
Are you wondering how to use both winch handles at the same time? You don’t. The pit winches are electric. Use the organisers to efficiently manage the halyards and control lines from either side of the cockpit.
The standard jib tracks are placed on the coachroof to achieve an optimal trim angle and a good sail profile, even when not using the inhaulers. You can choose to have a second pair of tracks, conventionally placed down on the side deck, with floating inhaulers to maximise trim range. Alternatively, you can forgo the tracks on the coachroof and just have the ones on the side deck. It is also possible to add padeyes on the deck for genoa or outboard trim functions.
All About the Atmosphere
While performance is at the heart of the Shogun 43, style and comfort reign below deck. The whole interior has a wood veneer finish, and the floor is made in a customisable, synthetic fibre. The yacht comes with thick, comfortable cushions clad in a luxurious fabric in the colour of your choice. Every area below deck has multiple design options, allowing you to tailor the yacht entirely to your aesthetic preferences.
Underneath the wood veneer, the interior is built in using a flax fibre laminate sandwich construction with a divinycell core. The structural part of the interior is made in a similar way, but with carbon laminate, as it is stronger. Both laminates have the same low weight, but the flax resonates a more dampened sound when you touch it, creating a more relaxed atmosphere inside the yacht.
Specifically for the Shogun, we utilised new solutions to make the fine interior lightweight. Details, like the construction method of the of the corners, making them neither rounded nor straight – but rather like the vertices of a hexagon, cut the weight nearly in half compared to other cruising yachts. They are signature Shogun.
The layout has three double berth cabins, one in the bow and two aft. and has the salon table placed forward in the centre, with the mast situated aft of the table. Three large and aligned skylights are located above the table, allowing the sky to enter the salon. Two couches, with large portlights behind them, stretch along on both sides of the salon. The L-shaped galley is located to port, opposite the spacious heads to starboard.
The Shogun 43’s hull, deck, rig, rudders, and the structural elements of the interior are made entirely from carbon. Even the keel blade is made in carbon to maximise leverage, as the majority of the weight is then transferred to the bulb, giving the yacht better righting moment.
The fusion of the hull and deck is done differently. Instead of placing the deck onto the hull and fusing them at the shear line, the Shoguns hull sides fuses by the inside of the deck by the cabin house. This why Shogun can have such a smooth and rounded shearline.
When the hull and deck are laminated as one unit it ensures a stiffer structure. The bottom structure is then laminated in after the hull sides are fused.
The cabin top and stern are laminated in individual forms and later fused with the hull. With this stiffer overall structure, the bulkheads become less significant. Allowing the Shogun 43 to have a divided bulkhead structure forward with three aligned skylights. This is the reason the yacht has an open interior that creates a spacious feel.
All the carbon laminates are vacuum infused with epoxy and are created in collaboration with our partners and composite experts Vaxholm Komposit, Marstrom Composite and Linjett Y
• Our understanding is that the vessel is built in accordance with CE Boat Category A-ocean.
Hull & Deck Construction:
• Epoxy vacuum infused carbon fibre hull and deck
• Sandwich laminate with 25 mm CNC-milled custom divinycell core
• Carbon fibre bulkheads epoxy-glued to the hull/deck
• Beam structure and chain plate reinforcements made in multiaxial carbon fibre
• Tempered and laminated glass windows in hull
• Deck and hull painted with in metallic grey with lime green stripes
• Deck and cockpit covered in Esthec synthetic ‘teak’ decking
• Bottom coated with 4x coats of epoxy primer
Keel & Rudder:
• Carbon fibre keel blade, built in autoclave by Marstrom, bulb of 2% antimony alloy lead
• Twin carbon fibre rudders, built in autoclave by Marstom in a redundant system
• Jefa self-adjusting rudder bearings, double drag links
Engine & gearbox:
• Volvo Penta D1-30 3-cylinder diesel engine producing 30hp
• Volvo S130 saildrive gearbox.
• Fresh water engine cooling via raw water intake and heat exchanger
• Throttle Control, flush mount, Spinlock
Maintenance & Performance:
• Engine hours – approx. 360 hours as of Winter 2023/24
• Date of last engine service: Engine serviced annually
Propulsion & Steering:
• Flex o Fold 2-bladed folding propeller
• Instrument pods at both steering pedestals
• Carbonautica carbon fibre wheels, 900mm
• 12vDC primary domestic system with 12vDC start circuit and 230v AC via shorepower or inverter.
• Victron Energy GX Touch 50 remote display screen for systems monitoring
• 1x 12vDC 25Ah Lithium engine start battery
• 2x 200Ah Victron Lithium service batteries
Charging / Inverter:
• Victron Energy 12VDc/220vAC 50Amp fanless lithium-ion compatible shore power charger with Bluetooth interface
• Victron Energy inverter with multi control and battery monitor at chart table
• 12vDC 120Amp engine-mounted alternator
• Shore power distribution box with residual current circuit-breaker complete with cable and LED indicator
PLUMBING & GAS SYSTEMS
• 12vDC fresh water pressure pump
• Hot water supplied via engine cooling with 30 litre calorifier or via 230vAC immersion heater element from shore power
• Hot & cold pressurised water to galley, heads and shower at stern platform
• 12vDC electric automatic bilge pump
• Manual bilge pump
• 140 litres fuel capacity in 1x stainless steel tanks
• 260 litre fresh water capacity in 2x stainless steel tanks
• 60 litre black water holding tank in stainless steel
NAVIGATION & COMMUNICATION EQUIPMENT
• B&G Zeus multi-function plotter displays at port and starboard helm pedestals
• B&G H5000 system with Performance CPU processor
• 2x B&G H5000 graphic displays in cockpit
• B&G Nemesis 12” multifunction display at mast
• B&G 5000 transducers and sensors including flush-mounted speed sensor and vertical wind transducer
• Precision-9 Compass
• ZG100 GPS Antenna
• B&G H5000 autopilot system with control head and keyboard at starboard helm pedestal, H5000 course computer, RF25 rudder feedback sensor, and T1 12vDC hydraulic pilot drive.
• B&G V90S Blackbox VHF with dual stations (Navigation Table and Cockpit)
• B&G V3100 SOTDMA AIS Transceiver
• Propane stove/oven in stainless steel, Techimpex Racer XL2 2-burner
• Remote Propane Control by kitchen
• Isotherm BI75 Refrigerator, Magnum, watercooled
• Stainless steel inset sink with pressurised hot & cold water supply
• 12vDC electric marine heads
• Shower in bathroom and cockpit
Heating & Ventilation:
• Heater Eberspächer Airtronic 2 D4 12vDC diesel fired hot air cabin heating
Summary of Accommodation:
• The layout has three double berth cabins, one in the bow and two aft. and has the salon table placed forward in the centre, with the mast situated aft of the table.
• Three large and aligned skylights are located above the table, allowing the sky to enter the salon.
• Two couches, with large portlights behind them, stretch along on both sides of the salon.
• The L-shaped galley is located to port, opposite the spacious heads to starboard.
• The whole interior has a light wood wood veneer finish, and the floor is made in a customisable, synthetic fibre.
• Underneath the wood veneer, the interior is built in using a flax fibre laminate sandwich construction with a divinycell core.
• The structural part of the interior is made in a similar way, but with carbon laminate, as it is stronger. Both laminates have the same low weight, but the flax resonates a more dampened sound when you touch it, creating a more relaxed atmosphere inside the yacht.
• Corian countertops in kitchen and bathroom
• Alcantara upholstery
• Selden carbon fibre mast and V-boom
• Keel-stepped mast with 3-sets of swept-back spreaders
• Fractional rig
• Manual hydraulic mast jack
• Full carbon PBO standing rigging – 2022/23
• Selden hydraulic vang
• Ubi Major under deck jib furler
• Deck fittings by Antal
• Electrical main traveller by Antal
• Antal luff cars
• Selftacker rail for 107% jib
• Cyclops Smart Fittings Gateway – Hydraulic gateway for NMEA with readout on 2x B&G HV 10/10 displays
• Cyclops Loadcell for forestay
• 4x Karver manual self-tailing cockpit winches
• 2x Selden E52 electric self-tailing companionway halyard/control line winches.
• North Sails 3Di 870 raw battened square-top mainsail – 2022/23
• North Sails 3Di 870 raw furling No.2 jib – 2022/23
• North Sails 3Di 870 raw self-tacking furling jib – 2022/23
• North Sails 3Di 780 raw inner No.3 jib – 2022/23
• North Sails GS-1 Xi04 spinnaker staysail with Karver furler – 2022/23
• North Sails 3Di 600 Code 63 Helix Design with top-down furler – 2022/23
• North Sails Xi 09/06 Code 75 Helix Design with top-down furler – 2022/23
• North Sails A1 AWA SK60/50 asymmetric spinnaker – 2022/23
• North Sails A2 SK90/75 asymmetric spinnaker – 2022/23
• North Sails orange Dacron storm Trysail - 2018
• Pushpit, pulpit and guardwire stanchions anodised aluminium
• Flush deckhead hatches
Covers, Cushions & Canvas:
• Covers for pedestals and wheels
• Boom cover
• Double cockpit bags for sheets, aft in cockpit
Anchoring & Mooring:
• Mooring lines, anchor, lines, and fenders included.
General note on safety equipment: Any safety equipment such as liferafts, Epirbs, fire extinguishers and flares etc. are usually personal to the current owner(s) and if being left on-board as part of the sale of a used vessel may require routine servicing, replacement, or changing to meet a new owners specific needs.
• LED navigation lights
• MOB-ladder & Stern ladder
Lying – Palma de Mallorca
Available to view strictly by appointment
Office Hours Mon- Fri 0900 – 17.00
Saturday by prior appointment
For more information or to arrange a viewing please contact us.
Please Note: Due to the varying locations of our yachts, your travel time and the distances that may be involved, we recommend that you only make arrangements to view if you are actively considering purchase.
Lead Broker: Matias Renlund – Grabau International (Scandinavia)
Grabau International offers the details of all vessels in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information or warranty the condition of any vessel and the details do not constitute a part of any contract. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. All vessels are offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice. Grabau International provides professional yacht conveyancing and legal transfer of title for all yachts as per the ABYA Code of Practice with all deposit payments and final balance payments processed through secure dedicated client accounts solely for that purpose. Our dedicated client accounts are written in trust at Natwest Bank and we are fully insured.