2008 SLY 42
€175,000 tax paid
Highly optimised and upgraded Sly 42
|Designer||Marco Lostuzzi Design|
|New or Used||Used|
|Tax/VAT Status||Tax paid|
|Lying||Nr Ancona, Italy|
|Engine||Volvo Penda D2-40|
|Hull Construction||Epoxy Sandwich|
|Keel Type||Fin Keel|
|Drinking Water Capacity||370l|
DescriptionLightweight and extremely well built 42 ft cruiser racer in only her second careful ownership. RENOVATIO is hull No.8 of 18 yachts built and represents a fully optioned version lightly used example of this extremely competitive fast cruiser.
FURTHER BROKER’S COMMENTS:
RENOVATIO has been extensively upgraded, optimised and optioned by her current owner to create a high-quality, fast cruiser racer.
RENOVATIO is quite unique amongst her peers and boasts many significant upgrades including:-
• T-keel, steel fin boxed in Weldox and a lead bulb
• Carbon fibre mast
• Rod rigging new 2017
• New forestay 2017
• Retractable bowsprit.
• Tuff Luff 2017
• Harken racing series winches.
• B&G H3000 electronics - 2015
• Double multifunction hydraulic panels
• All interiors refitted in 2018
• Mast step rebuild in 2017 with infusion moulded E-glass / carbon fibre
• Lines and halyards new 2015/2016
• B&G Go-free
** Included with her sale is an extensive wardrobe of sails from North and One Sails. Available by separate negotiation is a full wardrobe of almost new racing sails for North and Banks – Please enquire for further details on this package. **
Sly 42 is a sailboat with the performance of a racing boat, but with the ease of handling so strong that it can sail with tranquility even to a crew of only two people. Designed by Studio Lostuzzi, it offers great agility in motorized maneuvers and excellent liveability in interiors as on deck.
Sly 42’s hull and deck are built with female molds in sandwich with skins in glass fibres and carbon, core in PVC and epoxy resin. The bonding occurs with vacuum bag technique and after cure. Sly 42 has a generous sail plan, a reduced displacement and efficient appendages, features that contributes to high performances even with slight winds that characterizes the basin of the Mediterranean Sea. Mast, Cross-trees, boom and bowsprit are also available in carbon, the shrouds are of discontinuous rod, the backstay is in Kevlar protected by a PVC coating and the roller is built-in under the deck.
The interior is elegant and luminous, voted to comfort and to maximum usability in navigation and moorage, in cruise and in regatta. The fittings, customizable on request, are composite with teak furnishings and lacquered.
Sly 42 has a wide cockpit from the open stern with a developed rail if the traston mainsail and two long benches convergent to the hatch. The sailing boat has a narrow and tapered deckhouse with long windows on the side, unmistakable features of a Sly Yacht.
• Under understanding is that the vessel complies with the European Union Recreational Craft Directive and is categorised A – Offshore.
• Infusion moulded E-glass / epoxy laminate with carbon reinforcements in selected areas
• Sandwich with closed cell foam cored hull, with higher density foam in bottom and slamming areas
• Fibre reinforcements are multiaxial and unidirectional.
• Structural bulkheads are of veneered sandwich construction or marine grade waterproof plywood.
• Bottom stiffeners reinforced with unidirectional carbon and multiaxial glass fibre in selected areas
• GRP engine beds
• Carbon fibre chainplate deck fittings
• Epoxy coated underwater sections
Deck & Superstructure Construction:
• Infusion moulded E-glass epoxy laminate sandwich deck with glass skins and closed cell foam core.
• High density core or compact laminate under winches and deck hardware as appropriate.
• Single colour white gelcoat with moulded in non-skid on the cockpit
• Teak deck
Keel & Rudder:
• T-keel, steel fin boxed in Weldox and a lead bulb
• The fin is bolted to hull with high tensile steel bolts
• Fin epoxy coated and faired to class tolerances
• Foam filled rudder blade of GRP from female mould
Engine & gearbox:
• Volvo Penta D2-40 4-cylinder naturally aspirated 40hp diesel engine
• Volvo 130S Sail drive gearbox
• Fresh water engine cooling via raw water intake and heat exchanger
• Morse single lever throttle/gear lever
Service & Maintenance:
• Engine hours – approx. 600 as of September 2018
• Date of last engine service – 2018
Propulsion & Steering:
• 2-blade 19’’ Volvo folding propeller
• An aluminium quadrant, wire steering with chain and sprocket.
• The rudder bearings are self-aligning.
• Rudder blade serviced 2018.
• Roller bearing sheaves.
• Twin composite pedestal integrated with cockpit sole
• Twin lightweight aluminium steering wheels – new leather 2016
• Lightweight aluminium emergency tiller
• 12vDC primary domestic system with 12vDC starting circuit and AC via 220vAC shorepower.
• 2 x 6v 120Ah bolded in parallel providing 12vDC
• 1 x 12v 70Ah Starting battery
Charging / Inverter:
• Mastervolt combi 12/2000-100 charger 100Amp 3-step battery charger.
• 12v 115A engine mounted alternator
• Marinco 30Amp 220vAC 50Hz shore power socket in cockpit
• Hi-Fi with 2 interior Bose speakers and 2 exterior Bose speakers
PLUMBING & GAS SYSTEMS
• Pressurised fresh water supply via 12vDC pressure pump
• Hot water produced by engine-driven calorifier or via immersion heater element in 20 litre well-insulated hot water tank.
• Back-up foot pump for fresh water
Black & Grey Water:
• Y-valve in heads, overboard discharge or holding tank.
• Grey water discharges overboard
• 3x 12vDC electric bilge pump
• 1x manual bilge pumps
• 170 litres fuel capacity
• Analogue fuel tank gauge at DC panel
• 320 litres in polyethylene tanks + 50 litres in polyethylene additional tank aft.
• Analogue water tank level gauge at DC panel.
• 55 litre flexible blackwater holding tank.
• Tank emptied by hand pump or deck suction
NAVIGATION & COMMUNICATION EQUIPMENT
• 2X B&G GFD Hydra 3000 Graphic Display – 2018
• 3x B&G 20/20HV display at mast
• 1x B&G 9’ Chartplotter - 2016
• 2x Danforth Compass
At Chart Table:
• 1x multi-display monitor with Raymarine cartography
• 12 vDC socket
• Go Free B&G wi-fi system
• Simrad SD 68 VHF
• Three-burner alcohol stove with oven, protected by stainless steel guard
• Stainless steel double sinks with hot & cold pressurised fresh water tap
• Counter tops
• Drawer and lockers
• 12vDC 105 litre capacity top loading refrigerator with drain valve.
• Garbage bin
• Jabsco manual marine heads
• Hot & cold pressurised shower
• Teak floorboards new 2017
Summary of Accommodation:
• Up to 8 berths in 3-cabins plus two heads.
• The interior is finished in teak with satin white painted bulkheads – new paint 2018
• Plywood floorboards covered with teak veneer – refitted 2018
• Sky refitted in 2018
• Dinette fitted carpet new 2018
Accommodation layout from Forward:
• Forward owner’s cabin with double berth with storage under.
• The master cabin bed is bigger than the standard Sly 42
• Reading lights above the berth
• Locker with shelves and doors
• Shelves on hull side
• Stainless steel sink and hot & cold pressurised shower fitting
• Mirrored lockers
• Manual marine heads
• Teak floor grating with 12vDC pump-out for shower
• The saloon has a folding leaf table.
• hydraulic mast jack under the table
• L-shaped galley with stowage in cupboards and lockers
• Gimballed stove
• Twin sinks
• Top-opening fridge
• Chart table with upholstered seat
• Panel for navigation and communications equipment
• AC & DC panel
• Double berth
• Stowage under berth
• Shelf on hull side
• Hanging locker in starboard side cabin
• Locker with shelves in port side cabin
• King spar one-piece seamless carbon fibre main spar
• Keel-stepped mast with two sets of swept-back spreaders
• Antal mainsail luff track to accept either a boltrope or sliders
• Recessed genoa furler with dual groove carbon foil
• Carbon fibre retractable bowsprit system in waterproof garage – serviced 2017 with new carbon fibre reinforcement.
• Holmantro hydraulic backstay
• Rod vang
• German mainsheet system
• Harken full-width cockpit mainsheet track with traveller adjustment
• Single-line mainsail reefing with 2-reefs
• Harken genoa sheet tracks adjustable from cockpit
• Single-line jib in-hauler system
• Twin spinnaker halyards
• Spinlock jammers
• 2x Harken 48.2 2-speed self-tailing mainsheet winches
• 2x Harken 53.2 2-speed self-tailing primary winches
• 2x Harken 45.2 2-speed self-tailing halyard and control line winches at companionway
• 1x North Sails 3DL Marathon full batten main – 2008
• 1x North Sails 3DL Marathon Furling jib – 2008
• 1x North Sails 3DL Marathon Gennaker A3 with snuffer – 2008
• 1x One Sail main - 2009
• 1x One Sail jib light – 2009
• 1x One Sail jib medium – 2009
• 1x One Sail jib heavy – 2009
• 1x One Sail gennaker A1 - 2009
• 1x One Sail Gennaker A2 – 2009
** Racing Sail Wardrobe – Available by separate negotiation – not included in asking price**
• 1x North Sails 3DL 800 Marathon Light Jib - 2017
• 1x North Sails 3DL 800 Marathon Medium jib - 2017
• 1x North Sails 3DI Full Batten Main black color - 2017
• 1x North Sails carbon/Kevlar with furler Gennaker A0 - 2016
• 1x North Sails Gennaker A1,5 - 2018
• Banks Sails Gannaker A2 – 2016
• 1x One staysail with furler - 2012
All the sails have an ORC measurement certificate
• The pushpit, pulpit and stanchions are of stainless steel.
• The life lines are 600 mm high, with lower life lines at minimum ISAF/ORC height.
• There is one pair of folding mooring cleats at bow.
• Stainless steel grab rails on coachroof
• Deck stowage on foredeck and in lazarette
• Lockers for storage in cockpit coamings on both sides
• Locker for storage in port side aft coaming
• Electric windlass – new engine 2015.
• Navigation led lights.
• Swimming ladder
• Carbon fibre gangway
Covers and canvas:
• Lazy bag and main cover for racing
• Sunbrella protection for the lifelines – new 2018
• Cockpit cushions
General note on safety equipment: Any safety equipment such as liferafts, Epirbs, fire extinguishers and flares etc. are usually personal to the current owner(s) and if being left on-board as part of the sale of a used vessel may require routine servicing, replacement, or changing to meet a new owners specific needs.
Viewing arrangementsLying Nr. Ancona, Italy
Available to view strictly by appointment
Office Hours Mon- Fri 0900 – 17.00
Saturday by prior appointment
For more information or to arrange a viewing please contact us.
Please Note: Due to the varying locations of our yachts, your travel time and the distances that may be involved, we recommend that you only make arrangements to view if you are actively considering purchase.
Lead Broker: Michele Antonini – Grabau International (Italia)
Tel: +39 333 74 89 281
Grabau International offers the details of all vessels in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information or warranty the condition of any vessel and the details do not constitute a part of any contract. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. All vessels are offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice. Grabau International provides professional yacht conveyancing and legal transfer of title for all yachts as per the ABYA Code of Practice with all deposit payments and final balance payments processed through secure dedicated client accounts solely for that purpose. Our dedicated client accounts are written in trust at Natwest Bank and we are fully insured.