Launched 2020. Huge spec, and very well-presented Solaris 47 with 2.50m draft keel and almost every possible option ticked. Just one experienced private owner since new and now ready as a turnkey solution for summer cruising.
FURTHER BROKER’S COMMENTS:
AVALON is a beautifully presented 2020 one owner example of the award winning Solaris 47. Fitted out with a huge specification for fast and comfortable cruising, AVALON ticks pretty much every possible box.
Her specification highlights include:-
• 3-cabin, 2-heads layout with master cabin forward
• Teak joinery
• Upgraded full beam forward bed
• 2.50m shallow draft keel option
• Dark blue painted topsides
• Elvstrom sail wardrobe with main sail, jib and Code0
• Harken Performa electric larger winch package
• Harken jib furler and deck gear
• Self-tacking jib
• V-shape composite furling boom
• Composite bowsprit for Gennaker and Code0
• Volvo 75hp engine
• Wireless engine throttle with backup
• Flex o Fold 3-bladed folding propeller
• 24vDC retractable bowthruster
• Fischer Panda 5000i variable speed generator
• Fridge and fridge/freezer
• Veco air-conditioning system in every cabin with inverter
• Forward facing chart table
• Electric heads
• Holding tanks
• Complete B&G instrument package with mast-mounted 20/20’s
• B&G Zeus plotters with AIS transponder
• Esthec layed on deck, coach oof and bathing platform
• Sprayhood, two biminis and cockpit cushions
• Tender garage
• Tender and outboard engine
• 220vDC socket in every cabin
After looking at different types of high quality and performances sailing yachts in the range between 45 and 50 ft, The Solaris 47 was the obvious choice. The construction and finish are at a very high level and the design is truly beautiful.
The Solaris 47 is offering a very spacious and comfortable design with exceptional sailing performance. The self-tacking jib and the Furlerboom makes it easy to handle the boat by a two men crew in any condition.
No lines are running over the deck and the wide side decks provide a very safe platform and all sail handling is done from the two winch positions in the cockpit.
We have thoroughly enjoyed cruising with AVALON in the Med and were impressed by her performance and comfort, but we are now ready to explore other European waters with our motor yacht.
• The yacht is built to CE Boat Category A-ocean, with RINA as the Notified Body.
• Hull and Deck are in a sandwich composite construction using E-glass and PVC Airex core.
• This structure allows the construction of a light hull, which withstands the multi-directional loads much better and is far more rigid than other simple laminated constructions.
• The core consists of a closed cell Airex foam of different densities preventing moisture to enter into the construction in case of a damage.
• The lamination process and bonding with the sandwich is done through a vacuum infusion process.
• In the high load areas reinforcements with unidirectional and bi-directional Carbon fabrics are used and the Airex core will be replaced with a higher density foam or marine plywood.
• The thickness of the laminate construction is carried out in accordance to the requirements of the design-engineer and checked prior to construction by an official approved Technical Authority.
• Transverse and longitudinal reinforcements are made to the correct dimensions in E-glass and laminated with epoxy resin to the hull.
• The main bulkhead and the forward bulkhead are in composite using an Airex core.
• The water lines are in Gelcoat or painted with polyurethane.
• All the composite and plywood bulkheads will be well resin bonded and laminated to the hull and deck. This type of construction guarantees superior stiffness and strength compared to other silicone bonding systems. This represents a uniqueness of Solaris.
Deck & Superstructure Construction:
• Side decks, coachroof and cockpit, included seats and aft surfaces covered Esthec synthetic teak deck, colour Biscuit, black caulking.
• Stainless steel handrails mounted on the sides of the coachroof.
• Toe rail to be integrated in the hull with gelcoat finishings. To have reinforcements for stanchions, pulpit and pushpit attachments.
• The central chain plates are made in composite and fixed into the strong superstructure of the yacht.
• The deck area around the mast and the chain plates will be reinforced with carbon. Where needed, the sandwich core is made in marine plywood in lieu of Airex core.
• The aft chain plates are fixed to a marine plywood reinforcement and well resin-bonded to the hull stringers and the deck.
• The inox steel mast base is bedded on a GRP support which is connected to the floor and bottom, well resinbonded to the yachts superstructure.
Keel & Rudder:
• The 2.50m-draft torpedo bulb keel is designed and built for high speeds and guarantees performance and stability.
• The keel ballast is made of lead /antimony.
• The keel fin is made of a resin-bonded steel construction, which is attached to the hull by stainless steel bolts.
• The keel is treated and protected by epoxy products.
• Balanced rudder in GRP-Airex core.
• The rudderblade is reinforced by steel frames, welded to the shaft.
• Stainless steel shaft.
Engine & gearbox:
• Volvo Penta 75 hp D2-75 4-cylinder diesel engine
• S-Drive gearbox.
• Engine is mounted on shock absorbers.
• Instruments control panel at the helm station.
• Engine hours counter,rpm-meter
• ZF electric throttle on starboard side helmstation with backup.
Maintenance & Performance:
• Engine hours – approx. 175 as of Summer 2023
• Date of last engine service: Engine serviced annually
Propulsion & Steering:
• 24vDC Compact Retract retractable bowthruster
• Flex o Fold 3-bladed folding propeller
• Carbon fibre helm wheels
• Steering gear is protected, still easily accessible for inspection.
• Stainless steel emergency tiller to fit directly onto the rudder shaft.
• 12vDC primary domestic system with 12vDC start circuit and 230v AC via shorepower, generator or inverter.
• 24vDC retractable bow thruster
• 220vDC socket in every cabin
• 2x 12vDC 75Ah AGM engine start batteries
• 1x 12vDC 75Ah AGM generator start battery
• 3x 115Ah 12vDC AGM service batteries joined in parallel to provide 345Ah @ 12vDC – 2022
• 24vDC battery group for bowthruster
Charging / Inverter:
• Mastervolt battery charger Mass 12/80 capacity of 80 A/h
• Mastervolt 12v/2000w inverter
• Mastervolt charger for bowthruster
• Fischer Panda 5000i PMS 3.8kw variable speed diesel generator
• Generator hours: approx. 10 as of Summer 2023
• Date of last generator service: generator serviced annually
• 2x engine-mounted alternator
• 12vDC socket
• 220vAC shore power system with 220vAC ring main and power sockets internally
• LED interior lights
• 6 x LED lights in the cockpit
• 2 x spreader lights
• Boom lights
PLUMBING & GAS SYSTEMS
• 12vDC fresh water pressure pump, serving all water systems of a pressurized tank. Mounted easily accessible in the engine room
• Hot water supplied via engine cooling with 20 litre calorifier or via 230vAC immersion heater element from shore power
• Hot & cold pressurised water to galley, heads and shower at stern platform
• Manual double action bilge pump in cockpit with suction in the main bilge.
• Electric bilge pump with large capacity with suction in the main bilge.
• Electric bilge pump with suction in the bow shower, bathroom and in the sail locker
• Electric pump with suction in the aft bathroom and the lazarette.
• All flush seacocks are made of nickel-plated brass, quick operational, easily accessible.
• 15/10 stainless steel tank.
• Total fuel capacity approx. 370 lt.
• Copper tubing for fuel lines.
• VETUS water seperator easily accessible.
• Tanks fitted with an analog level indicator.
• Stainless-steel fresh water tanks.
• Access for inspection and cleaning.
• Total water capacity of 460 litres
• Tanks located below the seats in saloon.
• 2x holding tanks servicing forward and aft heads
NAVIGATION & COMMUNICATION EQUIPMENT
• B&G H5000 navigation pack including: 2 display H5000 GFD, H5000
• Hydra software, autopilot display H5000 GPD, H5000 power computer, 12V rotary mechanical drive
• Triton-2 display for the analogue wind direction.
• B&G maxy displays: no. 3 20/20 H5000 Triton with aluminium bracket at mast (black anodized)
• B&G multifunction display model Zeus EVO2 12’’ Touch with integrated GPS antenna at the chart table with teak frames
• B&G multifunction display model Zeus EVO2 9’’ touchscreen display with integrated GPS antenna
• Simrad Transponder AIS NAIS-500 class B, connected to the multifunction display Zeus-3 series, including splitter model Simrad NSPL-500
• GPS antenna model ZG100 NK2, B&G with integrated rate compass and 10 Hz Simnet output
• Twin steering compasses
• VHF model V60 including second unit H60 in cockpit
• Access Point WI-FI Simrad Go-Free.
• Stainless steel sinks with single lever mixing tap.
• Alpes Inox stainless steel stove with oven
• 130 litre refrigerator can also be operated as a freezer
• Additional front-opening stainless-steel fridge
• Planus fresh water electric heads in both heads compartments
• Heads showers in the front owner’s cabin and electric pump out
Heating & Ventilation:
• Air conditioning Veco with 2x CWS121 inverter mode for saloon, cabin and aft cabins
• Music system including: Fusion MS-AV755 unit with AM/FM tuner, CD-DVD player, external USB socket.
• Saloon and cockpit loudspeakers. The Fusion unit can be controlled via the B&G touchscreen displays.
Summary of Accommodation:
• The Solaris 47 has a layout with three cabins, two bathrooms the forward one with a separated shower, a wide saloon with galley, a sofa, a converting dining table and a forward-facing chart table.
• The chart table is practical and placed near the companion way.
• Every area to have space exploited at the best and wherever possible, there will be stowage areas as in best Solaris tradition.
• AVALON has a few Solaris upgrades done on the owner’s request: a full beam owner bed with addition locker below, and a forward facing chart table with convenient addition B&G 12’’ screen chartplotter
• All furniture is made in high Burma quality teak, varnished with matt open pore finish.
• Rounded edges for all hatches, bulkheads, seating, lockers, etc.
• Tongue & groove teak floorboards, varnished, built to be completely removable for bilge inspections
• Marine mahogany plywood ceiling panels, covered with white vinyl upholstery treated against mould. Fixed with velcro. All removable for inspection.
• All doors are fitted with a door lock.
• Drawers made in teak plywood. Fronts in solid teak and fitted with press button locks.
• Berths and sofas have drawers or lockers wherever possible.
• Teak companionway ladder.
• Corian Antartica countertops in galley.
• Heads topsides finished in Corian Antartica.
• Polished stainless steel handrails with leather covers in various parts of the yacht.
• All fixed hull windows are in double layer tempered glass. Additional hull windows.
• Solimar flush deck package with blackout blinds and Ocean Air screens.
• LED interior lighting
• Indirect lighting under the upper lockers in the owner’s cabin and in the saloon
• Wide offset double full been berth with big drawers underneath.
• Spacious wardrobe.
• Side shelves.
• Additional fixed hull side windows
• Safe, digital locked
• A wide U shape sofa.
• Table joinery in solid teak.
• Fixed table
• The navigation area has a built-in chart storage compartment and forward-facing table
• Locker for instruments.
• Double deckhead hatch
• Electric panel with hinged door for inspection at chart table.
• Stainless steel oven on gimbals.
• Corian galley counters
• One stainless double basin sink.
• Polycarbonate protection between galley and sofa.
• Galley with lockers and drawers to store dishes, glasses, pots and galley accessories
• Double berth cabins
• All cabins are fitted with wardrobes.
• Lockers in the main central bulkhead.
• Additional fixed hull side windows
• Bathroom lockers are easily accessible for maintenance.
• Wooden topsides in teak, varnished.
• Composite sinks, headlocker with mirror front.
• Flooring in teak, shower cabin in polyethylene grating.
• Shower and basin are discharging outboards.
• Only forward bathroom has a separate shower.
• Shower door made of plexor.
• Planus fresh water electric toilets.
• Sparcraft black-painted aluminium mast
• Furlerboom composite manual furling boom black painted
• 9/10 sloop rig.
• 3 sets of swept-back spreaders
• Bamar hydraulic backstay adjustment, vang and outhaul
• Harken System mainsail track for fully-battened mainsail system
• Harken tracks, cars and lead blocks
• Upgraded stainless steel rod standing rigging
• Harken TD manual jib furler, mounted below deck.
• All halyards, reef lines and outhole are lead under deck into the steering cockpit.
• Recessed track for the self-tacking jib.
• Dyneema halyards
• Carbon bowsprit for gennaker and Code0
• Complete Code Zero and gennaker package with furlers
• Sails Area 129sqm (measures referring to standard sail plan)
• Genoa 106% 59sqm
• Main sail 70sqm
• I Genoa: 19.60m
• P 19.05m
• E 6.50m
• J 5.475m
• 2x Harken Performa 60 2-speed electric cockpit winches
• 2x Harken Performa 60 2-speed manual cockpit winches
• Elvstrom Sails fully-battened mainsail
• Elvstrom Sails furling self-tacking jib
• Elvstrom Sails furling Code 0
• Stanchions in stainless steel, diameter 25x2 mm.
• Textile Dyneema guardrails.
• Side boarding gates port and starboard.
• Tender garage with controls in cockpit, GRP floor, roller for launching tender and integrated bathing ladder
• Additional bathing latter from the main deck
• Hand pump inflatable for tender
• Cockpit table in teak with stainless steel fixing supports and storage compartment
• Folding 2.20m carbon fibre gangway
• Boom lighting
• Spreader downlights on first and second spreaders
Anchoring & Mooring:
• 1,500w electric anchor winch, below deck with capstan drum.
• Chain is automatically fed into the chain locker.
• 20 kg Delta anchor with 75 metres of 10mm galvanized chain.
• Anchor fairlead is welded in one-piece stainless steel.
• Nylon chain rollers for Delta anchor.
• Larger (320mm) forward retractable stainless steel mooring cleats
• Additional pop up cleats amidship standard size 250mm
• Aft pop up cleats amidship standard size 250mm
• 6x Fenders and warps
Covers, Cushions & Canvas:
• Sprayhood with canvas cover on coachroof – with higher headroom than standard
• Sunbrella cockpit cushions Captain Navy
• Helm covers
• Cockpit table cover
• Console covers
• Halyard bags in cockpit
Tender and outboard engine:
• AERMARINE CABRIO 245
• Outboard Torqeedo with 2 batteries and 12 V DC and 230 V AC chargers
• Comprehensive spare parts for generator, engine and toilets.
General note on safety equipment: Any safety equipment such as liferafts, Epirbs, fire extinguishers and flares etc. are usually personal to the current owner(s) and if being left on-board as part of the sale of a used vessel may require routine servicing, replacement, or changing to meet a new owners specific needs.
• LED navigation lights
Lying La Spezia, Italy
Available to view strictly by appointment
Office Hours Mon- Fri 0900 – 17.00
Saturday by prior appointment
For more information or to arrange a viewing please contact us.
Please Note: Due to the varying locations of our yachts, your travel time and the distances that may be involved, we recommend that you only make arrangements to view if you are actively considering purchase.
Lead Broker: Michele Antonini – Grabau International (Italia)
Tel: +39 333 74 89 281
Grabau International offers the details of all vessels in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information or warranty the condition of any vessel and the details do not constitute a part of any contract. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. All vessels are offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice. Grabau International provides professional yacht conveyancing and legal transfer of title for all yachts as per the ABYA Code of Practice with all deposit payments and final balance payments processed through secure dedicated client accounts solely for that purpose. Our dedicated client accounts are written in trust at Natwest Bank and we are fully insured.