Doug Peterson designed ocean cruiser from 1990 with hugely versatile six-cabin, plus saloon interior and twin cockpit deck layout. Beautifully constructed and with great attention to detail throughout.
FURTHER BROKER’S COMMENTS:
GIANBA is the last of the three Solaris Zero yachts built from Se.Ri.Gi, the award-winning boatyard that has since become better known as Solaris Yachts. With just two owners since new, GIANBA completed an ARC crossing in 2008 and was then professionally refitted in 2010. Since then, she has been used Mediterranean cruising in the summer months.
Her specification highlights include:-
• Six stateroom layout with three heads with accommodation for up to 12
• Teak laid deck
• Large Volvo Penta 306hp diesel engine
• 24vDC services
• Hydraulic bowthruster
• Hydraulic twin anchor windlasses
• Kohler 9Kw generator
• Drop-down bathing platform with dedicated surf storage in opening lazarette
• Hydraulic folding table in the cockpit
• Sprayhood with fixed windscreen
• Hydraulic B&G autopilot actuator
• Extensive fridge and deep freezer capacity
• Led lights plus red night lighting at floor level
• Watertight emergency door in the corridor.
In 2010 GIANBA was comprehensicely refitted by Se.Ri.Gi, with the following works completed:-
• New teak deck
• New hydraulic furling genoa
• New standing rigging
• New backstays
• Hydraulic has been serviced
• New B&G autopilot
• New electric mast cable
• Windlass serviced
• New cockpit control panels
• All lights has been replaced with led lights
• New dorade
• New ceiling
• New hydraulic circuit for heads
• All windows serviced
• Hatches replaced
• New air conditioning system for the owner cabin
• New water and diesel tanks
• Electric system completely overruled
• New fridges compressors
• New engine room blowers
Il Cantiere Serigi was founded in 1974 in Aquileia, along the course of the Natissa river, initially in a small factory. The first works consist exclusively of works of construction of hulls designed and printed at other shipyards, such as BENELLO, but which are immediately distinguished by the precision of the workings and the degree of finishing of the artifacts. Shortly thereafter, in 1977, thanks to the spirit of enterprise, the skills and vitality of the men engaged in the company, the first fiberglass boats were launched, built entirely by the shipyard, which thus assumes its own image on the market, already imposing the "SOLARIS" line. The SOLARIS 37 and SOLARIS 47 are therefore born.
Since its founding, Solaris has always had a specialized department for the repair and refit of custom and mass production yachts from boatyards all over world. Experience and tests at sea have demonstrated that most sailing yachts, suffer from the effects of the wind and the sea, resulting in movement and deformation.
• Our understanding is that the yacht is exempt from CE Confirmity as she was in use in the EEA prior to June 1998.
• Airex SP System core fiberglass sandwich construction to the highest specification using Ownes Ciorving fiberglass mat, uni-directional roving and mat/ roving combination to develop an extremely rigid yet light and well insulated structure.
• All high stress areas are specially strengthened with built up uni-directional roving orientated in the direction of the stress.
• High grade epoxy resin is used in the lamination process to create an extremely strong high-tech laminate.
• Taking advantage of modern light weight construction techniques and fiber technology enables a higher ballast/ displacement ratio which gives better performance and seaworthiness for the yacht.
• Transverse floors and longitudinal stringers are made up of uni-directional roving and fabmat around a high density core.
• Engine beds are incorporated in hull. Built up of uni-directional fibers on a high density PVC foam core.
• Fabricated mast step bolted to re-inforced floors and stringers.
Deck & Superstructure Construction:
• Hand laid-up moulded fiberglass with Airex core for stiffening and insulation, appropriate reinforcement incorporated in the area of the winches and fittings.
• A 12mm laid teak deck including cockpits and aft coamings – replaced 2010
• Teak is epoxy glued and screwed to the deck.
Keel & Rudder:
• Fin-Keel with 3.15m draft.
• Stainless steel cast-in keel bolts.
• The cantilivered semi-elliptical balanced spade rudder is moulded from fiberglass and filled with a PVC-foam.
Engine & gearbox:
• Volvo Penta TAMD61A 6-cylinder diesel engine producing 306hp @ 2800rpm
• Engine hours – approx. 2,200 in 2021
• Engine to be serviced
• Mekanord 2,59:1 reduction gearbox
• Fresh¬water cooled engine.
• Single lever engine control with hydraulic clutch
Propulsion & Steering:
• Hydraulic bowthruster with mechanical folding plugs
• Pedestral control for the bowthruster in the cockpit
• Scandinavian 4-bladed feathering propeller
• The propeller shaft is made of corrosion resistant steel
• One aluminium alloy tube emergency tiller, storage in cockpit locker.
• 24vDC domestic systems with 220vAC via shore-power or generator or inverter
• 1x 12vDC generator AGM battery
• 2x 12vDC engine start batteries
• 16x 12vDC service batteries joined in parallel to supply 24vDC
• Mastervolt 24vDC 100Amp battery charger
• Zivan 24vDC 80Amp secondary battery charger
• Quick 12vDC generator battery charger
• KOHLER 9kw diesel generator – 2001
• Generator hours – approx. 1,800 in 2021
• To be serviced
• 12v engine-mounted alternator for start battery
• 24v secondary alternator for service battery bank
• Indication diodes, amp.meters, volt meters and tank level meters are provided. A 12 V DC for starting system, 24 V DC for service system.
• 220vAC Shore power
PLUMBING & GAS SYSTEMS
• Water heater provided. Heated by engine cooling water and shore power.
• Quick 50 litres hot water tank
• Water pressure system with outlets in heads and galley. GIANNESCHIi and FLOJECT with automatic pressure switch.
• Telephone type shower, water faucet for cold and hot pressurised water.
• TECNICOMAR SL 2000 reverse osmosis watermaker
• 1x Manual
• 1x electro mechanic bilge pump in the engine room
• 2x GIANNESCHI automatic bilge pump
• 1x JABSCO electric bilge pump in the aft garage
• Approx 1,200 litres fuel capacity
• Approx 2,000 litres water capacity
• Blackwater holding tank
• Greywater holding tank
NAVIGATION & COMMUNICATION EQUIPMENT
At the chart table:
• Raymarine C120 GPS chartplotter
• B&G Hydra 330 display
• Clock, hydrometer and temperature
• Raymarine radar Pathfinder
• GENOAV portable charteplotter
In the cockpit:
• 4X B&G H2000 analogic wind indicator
• B&G 20/20 display
• B&G HELMSTART 740 autopilot
• VHF sailor compact RT 2047
• Portable VHF
• Bearing compass
• SAILOR 500 fleet broad band Thrane & Thrane satellite phone
• Alpes Inox gas stove with 3x burners, one electric burner and oven
• 2 x fridge front opening fridge in the galley
• 2 x front opening deep fridge in the saloon
• 1 x daily top opening fridge in the galley
• 1x freezer
• Micro wave oven
• Twin stainless steel sink plus drainage
• Salt water foot pump
• 2x Marine jet electric heads
• 1x manual ORVEA Ocean 79 marine heads
• Hot & cold pressurised water supplies with shower in heads
Heating & Ventilation:
• CLIMMA air conditioning system in the owner’s cabin
• WEBAST air heater
• Samsung TV salon
• Majextic Radio CD with new speakers inside and outside
• TV-Sat Antenna
Summary of Accommodation:
• The Solaris Zero sleeps 12 persons in 6 separate guest staterooms. 3 heads compartments.
Forward Owner’s suite:
• One king size berth, table with storage drawers under on each side.
• Toilet with separate shower cabin.
• Two big hanging lockers.
• Ceramic heads and bidet with wood cover to convert as seats for shower.
• Lockers with ample provision for stowage.
• Marine toilet with overboard discharge through seacock.
• Mirror, toothbrush, towel, soap and paper holder.
• Telephone type shower, water faucet for cold and hot pressurised water, shower sump with sump pump.
Port aft guests’ cabins:
• Aft bunk beds cabins port and starboard.
• Ceramic heads and bidet.
• Counter unit and lockers with ample provision for stowage
• ORVEA manual marine toilet
• Dining area to port with dining table and U-shaped settee.
• Dining table fixed and hand-rubbed varnished teak.
• The table double to accommodate guests with storage space
• All visible wood surfaces to be teakfaced.
• Bookshelves and storage space provided.
• Starboard side rest sofa.
• Two seats
• Navigation area with stowage for charts, books, pencils etc.
• Bulkhead space for mounting electronic instruments, radio equipment, etc.
• Master electric panel with safety circuit breakers and navigator's light.
• Navigator's belt.
• Front opening fridges under the chart table
• Stowage for cooking utensils.
• Adequate drawers and glass racks for stowage of crockery.
• Corian-covered work top with deep fiddles.
• Deep stainless steel sink units.
• Water faucet for hot and cold pressure water.
• Pedestal salt water pump.
Twin aft guest cabins
• Double beds can be joined to became one big bed
• Lockers with ample provision for stowage
• Aft shared heads with ceramic heads and bidet.
• Counter unit and lockers with ample provision for stowage
• MARINE JET electric marine toilet
• Joinery work is to the highest standard. All joinery is teak faced with solid teak or laminated teak frames and capping. The joinery is varnished throughout. Visible surfaces are varnished and handrubbed to obtain a satin type of surface.
• All doors are provided with retaining hooks and swing stops. Kick plates on steps and chafing pieces on sills are provided.
• Curtains are provided for side windows and portlights
• Hanging lockers are provided with rods and hooks.
• Locker doors are fitted with louvers for ventilation.
• Teak gratings in head.
• Floorboards with laid teak veneer. Access to bilge provided where practical. Dust collector with teak grating in front of main entrance ladder.
• Ceiling lined with removable soft panelling.
• Yellow upholstery in saloon, chart table and owners cabin
• Cushions in every cabin
• Velscaf 3 spreader aluminium mast
• Aluminium boom
• Aluminium spinnaker pool
• Off-White painted spar
• Stainless steel standing rigging
• Running backstays
• Hydraulic Reckman genoa furler – 2010
• Navtec hydraulic unit control for: backsty, outhaul, babystay and vang
• Swept harken main sail track
• Harken winch equipment with hydraulic power pack
• 2x 80 self-tailing 2 speed hydraulic Barbarossa winches in the cockpit
• 4x 66 self-tailing 2 speed Barbarossa winches in the aft cockpit
• 2x 53 self-tailing 2 speed Harken winches in the aft cockpit
• 1x 53 self-tailing 2 speed Harken winches in the aft cockpit for the main traveller
• 6x 56 self-tailing 2 speed Barbarossa hydraulic winches at the mast base
• Main sail
• Furling genoa
• A pulpit and pushpit of high quality stainless steel tube are mounted on the bow and transom.
• Double life lines are installed passing through stainless steel stanchions with stainless steel wire and set up with turnbuckles at the after end.
• The pulpit is fitted with navigation lights and the pushpit with a stern light.
• Stainless steel handrail for main companionway is provided.
• Folding hydraulic cockpit table with Besenzoni movement
• Folding hydraulic stern bathing platform with swimming ladder
• The bathing platform is equipped with a safety lock
• Forward sails locker
• deck light
Covers & Canvas:
• Lazy Bag
• Steering wheel cover
• Winches cover
• Cockpit Cushions
Anchoring & Mooring:
• 2x CQR 75 lbs
• 150m and 80m anchor chain
• 2x hydraulic Lewmar windlass with remore control
• Chain locker is located in the middle of the boat forward of the mast step
• Sanguinetti hydraulic folding mooring winch forward
• 6 fenders
• Mooring lines
Dinghy and outboard engine:
• Zodiac cadet 325 FR tender with inflatable keel
• 15hp Mercury outboard engine
• 5hp Johson outboard engine
• Both outboard engines can be stores in the aft garage
• David for the outboard engine
General note on safety equipment: Any safety equipment such as liferafts, Epirbs, fire extinguishers and flares etc. are usually personal to the current owner(s) and if being left on-board as part of the sale of a used vessel may require routine servicing, replacement, or changing to meet a new owners specific needs.
• 2x Jon Buoy
• 2x ARIMAR liferaft for a total of 16 people
Available to view strictly by appointment
Office Hours Mon- Fri 0900 – 17.00
Saturday by prior appointment
For more information or to arrange a viewing please contact us.
Please Note: Due to the varying locations of our yachts, your travel time and the distances that may be involved, we recommend that you only make arrangements to view if you are actively considering purchase.
Lead Broker: Michele Antonini – Grabau International (Italia)
Tel ITA: +39 333 74 89 281
Tel UK: +44 7989575669
Grabau International offers the details of all vessels in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information or warranty the condition of any vessel and the details do not constitute a part of any contract. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. All vessels are offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice. Grabau International provides professional yacht conveyancing and legal transfer of title for all yachts as per the ABYA Code of Practice with all deposit payments and final balance payments processed through secure dedicated client accounts solely for that purpose. Our dedicated client accounts are written in trust at Natwest Bank and we are fully insured.