Supremely elegant Farr designed composite deck saloon rocket ship from Southern Wind in S.Africa. Timeless Nauta designed innards and beautifully maintained since launch by her dedicated crew.
FURTHER BROKER'S COMMENTS:
Hull#2 of the Southern Wind 100DS mini-series now for sale.
ILLUSION OF THE ISLES is a remarkable Southern Wind launched in 2006 by the highly regarded South African shipyard. Kept in immaculate condition by the crew, she is still under her first and only ownership ready for inspections.
ILLUSION OF THE ISLES offers accommodation for up to nine guests. She has an Owner's studio forward with direct access to the wide Master stateroom with double bed and sofa. All the staterooms have their own en-suite bathrooms. Timeless styling, beautiful furnishings and sumptuous seating feature throughout to create an elegant and comfortable atmosphere.
Lying in Italy, ILLUSION OF THE ISLES is actively for sale and visits can be arranged at short notice.
Southern Wind Shipyard yachts are synonymous with contemporary Italian design and elegance. These unique and stylish attributes are combined with traditional South African craftsmanship, performance and comfort.
Southern Wind Shipyard was founded in 1991 by Italian entrepreneur Willy Persico. Located in the beautiful city of Cape Town, South Africa – known affectionately as the mother city – the shipyard specialises in high-performance composite sailing yachts from 25 to 35 metres, designed for both relaxed cruising and high-octane sailing.
Over the past 25 years, Southern Wind Shipyard has developed a solid reputation as a reliable and reputable shipyard. Experience and client trust are core values that the company continues to uphold.
Southern Wind Shipyard (SWS) combines cutting-edge technology with five centuries of South African naval craftsmanship. High-tech and comprehensive, the shipyard is fully equipped to produce all elements of superyacht construction under one roof.
Light-to-medium displacement yachts are designed to excel in all conditions. Whether battling the elements, sailing in a light breeze or competing in a regatta, the yacht’s performance remains steadfast, while wide deck spaces and warm interiors ensure comfort on board is never compromised.
The character and functionality of all SWS yachts are a reflection of the company’s unique Italian design and reputation for style and innovation. Each yacht embodies a timeless elegance, simplicity and understated luxury synonymous with Italian design.
Hull, Deck & Superstructure Construction:
• R.I.N.A. Charter Class certification
• Advanced composite sandwich construction, carbon fibre, Kevlar, epoxy resin and Corecell, Klegecell.
• Teak laid side decks, cockpit seating & cockpit sole
Keel & Rudder:
• Fin keel with lead bulb, attached to hull with stainless steel bolts.
• Lead bulb approx 20.3 tons with 3% antimony content
• The spade rudder is constructed from pre-preg carbon fibre with closed cell polyurethane foam core. Pre- preg carbon fibre rudder stock, mounted on two self-aligning bearings from Solimar.
• Bearings serviced in 2016
Engine & gearbox:
• 1 x Cummins QSB 5.9 MCD 305hp
• Engine hours approx. – 6400 as of February 2022
• Shaft drive gearbox
• Freshwater cooled engine.
• Racor fuel/water separator
• 9knots cruising / 12knots maximum speed under power
Propulsion & Steering:
• 4-bladed folding propeller
• MaxPower R321/4 32.5 hp hydraulically driven by PTO Bowthruster
• Pedestal bowtrhuster bottom port and starboard side
• Twin wheel steering and custom helm pedestals
• Emergency tiller.
• Double hydraulic autopilot actuator one for nigh sailing low noise and low consumption
• 24vDC domestic systems and 220vAC via shore-power, generator or inverter
• 12vDC engine, generator and navigation system
• 2x Engine start batteries – 2021
• Generator Start Battery bank – 2020
• 24v Service GEL battery bank for 1.100Amp – 2021
• 2x 12vDC GEL Batteries for navigation with dedicated battery charger – 2020
• 2x 12vDC spare start batteries – 2020
Charging & Inverter:
• All battery charger and inverters are Victron Energy
• 2x 24vDC 70Amp battery charger with inverter
• 2x 24vDC 100Amp battery charger
• 1x 12vDC 100Amp battery charger for navigation instrument batteries
• 24vDC alternator for service batteries
• 12vDC alternator for engine start batteries
• Onan 22.0kw primary generator
• Generator hours – approx 2,800 as of February 2022
• Onan 19kw secondary generator
• Generator hours – approx 7,600 as of February 2022
• Yearly serviced, last serviced 2021
• 100Amp 220v shore power with isolator and circuit breaker
PLUMBING & GAS SYSTEMS
• The hot freshwater circuit is led into 2x Quick Nautic 80 litre well-insulated hot water tanks, heated by engine or 230v AC immersion heater elements
• 2x 24vDC pressure pumps – 2019
• 1x discharge pump each shower – 2019
• Spectra 150lph 24vDC watermaker – serviceable
• Tecnicomar 220lph 220vAC watermaker
• Electric bilge pumps
• Manual bilge pump
• 6x Electric shower drain pumps
• Approx. 5000 litres fuel capacity in 2x tanks and day tank (day tank is approx. 200lt),
• Transfer fuel pump with spare one
• Approx. 2500 litres fresh water capacity in 2x tanks
• 2x 220 litre blackwater holding tanks
• 2x 280 litre greywater holding tanks
NAVIGATION & COMMUNICATION EQUIPMENT
In the cockpit:
• Furuno navigation equipment
• B&G 2000 with double repeaters on the steering pedestal
• Simrad P26 autopilot
• Furuno 1834C 36Nm radar scanner
• Furuno chart plotter system - 2016
• Engine digital control unit – 2016
At the crew quarter nav station:
• Furuno navigation equipment
• B&G 2000 with double repeaters on the steering pedestal
• Furuno communications equipment
• SMEG electric oven
• 4-burner SMEG induction stove - 2021
• Combination microwave
• Frigomar 485l refrigerator
• Frigomar 410l freezer
• DIHT dishwasher – 2020
• Mile washing machine
• Plastic touch copact
• Electric freshwater heads in guest cabins
• Hot & cold pressurised water supplies with shower in heads
• Frigomar water central 220vAC reverse-cycle air-conditioning system
• LCD TV’s in saloon and all cabins
• Seatel satellite TV system
• Denon sound system
Summary of Accommodation:
• ILLUSION OF THE ISLES offers accommodation for up to nine guests.
• She has an Owner’s studio forward with direct access to the wide Master cabin
• with double bed and sofa.
• The VIP cabin has a double bed and to aft there are two further twin bed guest cabins.
• All of the cabins have their own ensuite bathrooms.
• There is also a galley, chart area and swim platform.
• The crew of 5 has separate accommodation.
• Nordic spars pre-preg carbon mast – serviced 2017
• Marten Spars leisure carbon boom with in-boom furling
• Rod rigging – serviced 2017
• 2x Reckman furling jib and staysail
• 2:1 halyards main spectra – 2016
• Spare halyard main
• Running backstays
• Carbon fibre spinnaker pole
• Primary 2 x Harken 1120.3 STA hydraulic
• Secondary 2x1120.3 STA hydraulic
• Mainsheet 1x1120.3 STA hydraulic
• reefing, jolly 2x980 2x STA manual
• Halyard 2x980.3 STA hydraulic
• Maintraveler 1x70.3 STA hydraulic
• Banks Sails carbon spectra mainsail with taffeta
• Banks Sails carbon spectra furling self-tacking jib
• Banks Sails carbon spectra furling self-tacking
• Double stainless lifelines
• Swimming ladder
• Cockpit table
• Hydraulic drop-down bathing platform
• Hydraulic passarelle
• Hydraulic pivoting anchor arm – 2018
Anchoring & Mooring:
• Vertical hydraulic 4500 anchor windlass
• 80kgs Delta anchor with approx. 140m chain
• Spare anchor Fortress 31kgs
• Fenders & warps
• Pop-up stainless steel cleats
Covers, Cushions & Canvas:
• Sprayhood - 2021
• Bimini – 2021
• Cockpit cushions – 2021
• Wheel covers
• Winter sprayhood and bimini
Tender and outboard:
• Zodiac tender 4,20m – serviceable
• 50hp outboard engine – serviceable
General note on safety equipment: Any safety equipment such as liferafts, Epirbs, fire extinguishers and flares etc. are usually personal to the current owner(s) and if being left on-board as part of the sale of a used vessel may require routine servicing, replacement, or changing to meet a new owners specific needs.
• EPIRB- 2020
• 2x 6-man liferaft
• 12c lifejackets
• Fire extinguishers
• Engine room fire extinguisher automatic system
Lying Marina di Pisa, Italy
Available to view strictly by appointment
Office Hours Mon- Fri 0900 – 17.00
Saturday by prior appointment
For more information or to arrange a viewing please contact us.
Please Note: Due to the varying locations of our yachts, your travel time and the distances that may be involved, we recommend that you only make arrangements to view if you are actively considering purchase.
Lead Broker: Michele Antonini – Grabau International (Italia)
Tel: +39 333 74 89 281
Grabau International offers the details of all vessels in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information or warranty the condition of any vessel and the details do not constitute a part of any contract. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. All vessels are offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice. Grabau International provides professional yacht conveyancing and legal transfer of title for all yachts as per the ABYA Code of Practice with all deposit payments and final balance payments processed through secure dedicated client accounts solely for that purpose. Our dedicated client accounts are written in trust at Natwest Bank and we are fully insured.