Well-proven and well maintained 70ft charter vessel in ferro construction with ketch rig. Currently registered in the Finnish Ships registry with a maximum capacity of 36 persons when under sail. A great opportunity for either continued charter or conversion to private use.
FURTHER BROKER’S COMMENTS:
S/y GALLANT presents a great opportunity to acquire a successful charter vessel, with a proven history stretching back to purchase by her current owners in 1989.
Her wonderful teak interior makes for a very cosy and sophisticated interior, perfect for guests or private use and she can easily be converted to provide accommodation for 12 guests in comfort.
Her owners have maintained her well over the years and she is presented in good working order. Her construction material of ferrocement is easy and cost effective to maintain, and has proven to be very popular in Scandinavia with over 1,500 ferrocement vessels circulating in Finnish waters alone.
"The two-masted S/Y Gallant is perfect for pampering business customers or staff with refined taste. With its cozy mahogany saloons and sun deck, the ship is especially suitable for leisurely archipelago sailings for smaller groups.
Gallant was originally built as a floating summer house for three families and had sleeping places for 12 people. Gallant has been sailing the Helsinki sea area since 1989, and its passenger cabins have been replaced by a comfortable salon. The facilities make it possible to organize various events in an idyllic setting by the sea.
The yacht is very suitable for customization. The saloon, cockpit and cabins can be modified from the interior to your liking. However, the basic overall condition is good already as it is eg. for charter cruises.
The deck has been renovated 2022, wooden parts serviced 2022 and a new mizzen mast will be installed spring 2023. Engine room extinguishing system has been installed in 2019. Hull is in good shape and inspected 2019."
Hull, Deck & Superstructure Construction:
• Ferrocement construction and deck
• Deckhouse and hatches in mahogany
• Hull topsides and superstructure painted white
• Hull and deck further insulated with closed-cell foam
• Deck saloon windows with stainless steel frames
Keel & Rudder:
• Encapsulated full length keel with lead ballast
• Large rudder blade with stainless steel frame
• Stainless steel rudder stock supported by radial bearings
Engine & gearbox:
• Volvo Penta TAMD 120 producing 265hp
• The Engine was fitted when the boat was new and runs very well.
• The engine has been maintained and serviced by professional personnel since new.
Maintenance & Performance:
• Last date of engine service: Autumn 2022
• Cruising speed under engine – approx. 8 knots
• 24 vDC domestic system with 220vAC via shorepower or inverter
• Gallant used to have a genereator that has since been removed, but still has capacity to install a new generator.
• 1x 12vDC engine start batteries
• 4x 200Ah 12vDC service batteries
Charging / Inverter:
• Mastervolt Mass 24/50 battery charger
• 220vAC sockets throughout interior
PLUMBING & GAS SYSTEMS
• Water is pressurised by 12v high-pressure pump system
• Calorifier driven by engine or via 220v immersion heater element in litre well-insulated
hot water tank
• Hot & cold water supplied to all heads, galley and stern platform.
• Electric automatic bilge pumps
• Emergency bilgepump
• 2x 450 litres
• 350 litres
• Black water tank 200L
• Grey Water tank 100L
NAVIGATION & COMMUNICATION EQUIPMENT
• Raymarine C70 Chartplotter
• Raymarine radar
• Raymarine VHF
• Suunto Heading Compass
• Sailor S.P Radio
• Rudder angle gauge
• Parker 2-burner gimballed gas stove with oven
• Twin sinks with hot & cold mixer tap
• Stainless steel work tops
• 2 x large front loading Fridges in saloon
• 2x Electric marine heads discharging to holding tank or to sea via diverter valve
• 2x Sinks with hot & cold water supply
Heating & Ventilation:
• Heat radiators in all spaces
• All cabins have 230V AC outlets
• All cabins and saloon have led lights
Summary of Accommodation:
• Top floor, steering cabin with large table and seating for 6
• Down ship, galley and storage located aft
• Large Salooon for seating up to 25 pers
• 2 cabins located forward with bunk berths
• Storage space located on the bow
• Interior joinery in Mahogany
• Vinyl headlinings fastened with stainless steel screws and washers
• Stainles steel work tops in cabin
• New spreaders 2022
• Wooden main mast 2007
• All new mizzen mast 2023
• 1 x Halyard winch per mast.
• 4 winches at the deck cockpit for sail handling.
General note on safety equipment: Any safety equipment such as liferafts, Epirbs, fire extinguishers and flares etc. are usually personal to the current owner(s) and if being left on-board as part of the sale of a used vessel may require routine servicing, replacement, or changing to meet a new owners specific needs.
• Horseshoe buoy
• Fire extinguishers
Lying in Helsinki, Finland
Available to view strictly by appointment
Office Hours Mon- Fri 0900 – 17.00
Saturday by prior appointment
For more information or to arrange a viewing please contact us.
Please Note: Due to the varying locations of our yachts, your travel time and the distances that may be involved, we recommend that you only make arrangements to view if you are actively considering purchase.
Lead broker: Jonas Renlund – Grabau international (Scandinavia)
Grabau International offers the details of all vessels in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information or warranty the condition of any vessel and the details do not constitute a part of any contract. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. All vessels are offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice. Grabau International provides professional yacht conveyancing and legal transfer of title for all yachts as per the ABYA Code of Practice with all deposit payments and final balance payments processed through secure dedicated client accounts solely for that purpose. Our dedicated client accounts are written in trust at Natwest Bank and we are fully insured.