2004 VAN DAM NORDIA 66 CRUISER
€995,000 tax paid
Stunning semi-custom van Dam Nordia
|Manufacturer/Model||Van Dam Nordia 66 Cruiser|
|Designer||Robert van Dam|
|New or Used||Used|
|Tax/VAT Status||Tax paid|
|Engine||Perkins M225Ti 225hp|
|Keel Type||Fin Keel|
|Drinking Water Capacity||2000l|
DescriptionBeyond beautiful, 100% hand-crafted, Spirit of Tradition short-handed aluminium performance deck house cruiser in very good condition and with a fantastic inventory.
FURTHER BROKER’S COMMENTS:
SEAHORN is a most remarkable yacht. The result of a collaboration between one of Holland’s finest yards, and her original most experienced owner, she was conceived and built regardless of cost for serious cruising. She is easy to handle, so crew are not required, yet there is ample space on deck and below. The attention to detail is astonishing.
Originally launched in the spring of 2004, she was sold into her present ownership in 2006 after her original owner decided to go larger. During her present ownership she has been based exclusively in the Mediterranean, spending her time in the Balearics, Tyrrhenian, Ionian, Adriatic and Aegean seas. Benefitting from extensive refits in Mallorca and Corfu, SEAHORN has always been kept in a fully commissioned condition and is now offered for sale in full commission and with the benefit of EU VAT paid status and British Part 1 Registry.
Her specification highlights are many and include:-
• Master cabin aft layout with twin guest cabins
• Cherry interior joinery
• Full hydraulic furling rig with in-mast fuling, twin genoa furling and staysail furling
• Lewmar hydraulic winch package
• New teak deck - 2013
• New hull topsides paint - 2013
• New rig paint - 2013
• Aluminium hull and superstructure construction
• 2.15m draft lead encapsulated keel
• Skeg-hung rudder
• Perkins M225 6-cylinder diesel engine
• Onan 13.5kw diesel generator
• Mastervolt battery chargers, inverter and isolation transfomer
• SeaRecovery Aqua Whisper 220vAC watermaker
• Clima air-conditioning system
• Webasto diesel-fired hot-air cabin heating system
• Vacuum fresh-water heads system
• Updated B&G navigation instruments with Zeus & Vulcan plotters, 4G radar and AIS
• Sailor Fleetbroadband satellite communications
• Fridge and freezers
• Hydraulic passarelle
• Hydraulic anchor windlass with twin anchors
• Twin hydraulic aft mooring windlasses
• Zar Mini 12 RIB with 15hp outboard
The Van Dam Nordia shipyard, based in Holland and located on a historic site with shipbuilding stretching back to 1600, was a family owned and run business. The Van Dam family designed, engineers and constructed a fleet of legendary ocean cruising yachts with the simple objective – Building custom yachts to the highest quality standards possible, using over 125yrs of combined experience.
Under the leadership of Naval Architect Robert Van Dam and Chief designer Robin Ten Hoope a number of the world’s most recognisable yachts such as:-
• 100’ Traditional "Psyrax"
• 95’ Cruiser "Constance"
• 80’ Traditional "Ophira V"
• 75’ Cruiser "Pamina"
• 70’ Performance Cruiser "Marmalade of Manchester"
• 66’ Cruiser "Quicksilver V" (now SEAHORN)
• 66’ Cruiser "Namoussa VIII"
• 55’ Cruiser "Lahaina III"
Van Nordia Yachts were not only recognised for their benchmark build-quality, but also for their outstanding design.
• Our understanding is that this vessel complies with the European Union Recreational Craft Directive and is categorised A – Ocean.
• Aluminium almg 4.5 mn (5083). Seams and buts are welded on both sides.
• Frames, beams and stringers are welded with intermittent weld connectors to the plating.
• The welding works were x-rayed at completion.
• Paint system: Awlgrip Flag Blue with gold style lines and white Awlgrip superstructure – 2013
• Underwater sections sand-blasted, epoxy-bonded and filled – 2016
• Trilux 33 antifouling system - 2018
Deck & Superstructure Construction:
• Deck aluminium overlaid with teak planking (no ply subdeck) – deck replaced 2013
• Superstructure of aluminium almg 4.5 mn (5083). Seams and buts are welded on both sides.
• External trim: teak varnished in AK20 Nobel Sikkens 2 component high gloss varnish
• Raised teak bulwark
Keel & Rudder:
• The keel is of a long fin profile with ballast of encapsulated lead
• The keel weighs approx. 12,000 kgs
• Rudder blade manufactured in aluminium and is supported by a skeg.
Engine & gearbox:
• Perkins Sabre M225TI 6-cylinder turbo-charged diesel engine producing 225hp @ 2,500 rpm
• Custom made vibration dampers and double flexible coupling between reverse gear and prop shaft.
• Twindisc MG5050SC hydraulic gearbox with 2,45:1 reduction
• Morse single lever control
• HMI water-cooled exhaust system – replaced 2015
• Separ dual fuel filtration system
• Engine room insulated with Bondell.
• Engine room air extraction
Maintenance and Performance:
• Approx engine hours: approx 2,450 hours as of Autumn 2019
• Date of last engine service: summer 2018
• Speed (max) Approx 10 knots; (cruising) Approx 9 knots
• Fuel consumption: approx 15.38 litres per hour @ cruising speed
Propulsion & Steering:
• Propeller: Van Voorden feathering Max Prop, custom made by Nibral
• Prop shaft in a custom Van Voorden oil bath system to reduce vibration.
• 20hp Lewmar hydraulic tunnel bowthruster
• Lewmar pedestal with Whitlock custom steering system, with wire/chain system, wheel has 4 turns lock to lock. Travel on rudder 35o each side of centre.
• Hide covered helm wheel.
• Autopilot joystick also fitted at port side seat in deckhouse.
• Emergency steering is fitted.
• Lewmar Commander hydraulic power system with hydraulic PTO from engine
• Navtec hydraulics for vang and backstay
• 24vDC domestic and starting circuits and 220vAC via shore power, generator or inverter
• 24vDC service battery bank with 600Ah capacity via 6x Mastervolt MVG Gel 200Ah 12vDC batteries joined in parallel and series – 2012
• 24vDC heavy consumption bank with 600Ah capacity via 6x Mastervolt MVG Gel 200Ah 12vDC batteries joined in parallel and series- 2012
• 24vDC generator and engine start battery bank with 85Ah capacity via 2x Mastervolt MVG Gel 85Ah 12vDC gel batteries joined in parallel and series -2012
• Mastervolt MASS 24/100 automatic battery charger
• Mastervolt MASS 24/100-C automatic battery charger
• Mastervolt MASS 24/2500 2500w Sinewave inverter – 2015
• Mastervolt 24vDC 110Amp 24vDC engine-mounted alternator
• Onan MDKAD 13.5kw 220vAC diesel generator in acoustic hood, mounted on flexible vibration dampers
• Generator hours: approx 1,484 hours as of Autumn 2019
• HMI water-cooled exhaust system
• Separ dual fuel filtration system
• Date of last generator service: summer 2018
• Generator starter motor replaced 2017
• Mastervolt IVET-D 7.5kvA 30Amp isolation transformer
• Shorepower with Marinco 32Amp 50Hz connection.
• 220v ringmain fitted around the vessel with sockets to each cabin.
• Circuit breakers for battery chargers and inverters.
• 24/12V voltage converters
PLUMBING & GAS SYSTEMS
• Hot water system fitted with a Rheinstrom 50 litre calorifier fabricated from marine grade stainless steel with a 220v AC heater element.
• Hydrojet Mk1 hydophone water pressure system
• Sea Recovery SRC-600-1 AMC 220vAC watermaker fitted producing 95 litres per hour by reverse osmosis.
• Watermaker last serviced 2018
• Rheinstrom bilge pump in main bilge
• Whale manual bilge pump is connected to bilge system
• 3x heavy-duty ITT (250l/min) automatic bilge pumps
• Bilge alarms.
• Rheinstrom Deck wash installed in engine room with outlets forward and aft
• Deck wash pump
Grey & Black Water:
• Black water discharges to holding tanks or overboard via diverter valves – overhauled and new pumps/hoses fitted - 2016
• High-level alarm sensor on grey and black water tanks.
• Fuel capacity 2,400 litres in 1x primary aluminium fuel tank plus additional 46 litre stainless steel day tank.
• VDO fuel tank level gauge with calibrated dipsticks
• De-bug system for fuel system
• Fresh water capacity 2,000 litres in 1x aluminium tank
• VDO fuel tank level gauge with calibrated dipsticks
• Black water holding tank with approx 200 litres capacity – replaced 2016
• Grey water holding tank with 450 litres capacity
NAVIGATION & COMMUNICATION EQUIPMENT
• B&G Zeus 3 colour GPS Chart Plotters to port and starboard - 2015
• B&G Vulcan V7R colour chart plotter with AIS - 2015
• B&G 4G mast-mounted radar scanner- 2015
• Furuno Network GPS GP-320 and Furuno GP-32 GPS
• Special GPS connection box
• B&G Hydra 2000 instrument package with Depth sensor and Speed sensor.
• 1x 20/20 display
• 3x full function displays
• 1x analogue 360 wind direction
• B&G Halcyon 2000 fluxgate compass
• B&G Hydra Autopilot incl joystick
• Autopilot rotary replaced 2015
• 1x external alarm unit
• Furuno NX-330 Navtex
At Aft Helm::
• B&G Hydra 2000 multi function display
• B&G Hydra Pilot autopilot control
• Suunto steering compass
• Shuttle solid state marine PC with remote keyboard and monitor - 2018
• B&G Hydra 2000 multi function display
• Furuno GPS/WAAS Navigator display
• Furuno NX Navtex display
• Sailor 6215 VHF with DSC – 2016 in doghouse – 2016
• Sailor 6205 VHF handset at helm position - 2016
• 4G internet system with router – 2016
• Sailor Fleetbroadband communications with phone handset- 2016
• SSB transceiver Sailor HC4500 MF/HF SSB radio with Loudspeaker Polyplany, Deck isolator
• Antenna splitter for masthead aerial
• Siemens stainless steel gas oven with grill – gimballed
• Miele 4-burner hob with 2x gas and 2x electric burners
• Indesit extractor hood over the cooker
• 125 litre capacity front opening fridge.
• 100 litre capacity top opening freezer.
• Two showers each draining into sumps with electric pump out.
• 2x Dometic freshwater electric vacuum flush heads – 2016
• Grohe faucets.
• Alape washbasins.
• Plumbing installed for washer/dryer in locker on the starboard side of the forward head area (locker presently used for lined storage).
Heating & Ventilation:
• Clima 220vAC reverse-cycle air conditioning and heating system with outlets throughout interior and controls in each cabin – serviced 2018
• Webasto Top Evo 55 diesel-fired hot-air cabin heating system – 2016
• DC fans throughout interior
• Pioneer headunit in doghouse with speakers
• Sony headunit in owner’s cabin with speakers
• Sony surround sound speaker system with DVD player in saloon
Summary of Accommodation:
• Up to nine berths consisting of master double cabin aft, mirrored forward double cabins with additional upper pilot berths and further occasional settee berth in saloon. Three heads and two showers. Head room in cabin spaces – approx. 2.15m
• African cherry joinery throughout.
• Gold plated (Edelmessing) interior fittings.
• The cabin sole throughout the cabin areas is of varnished teak and holly but is now covered in most areas by a blue carpet.
• The galley has a grey / blue marble worktop.
• Blue cloth upholstery
• All overhead hatches are fitted with wooden black out screens and also with mosquito screens.
• All side ports have mosquito screens and storm covers
Description of Accommodation from Forward:
Sail locker / stowage area:
• Access from deck hatch or from inside - a watertight door leads forward via guest shower.
• The area has the Bauer compressor installed here and also two s/s bars for line stowage.
• There is good space for extra items including the bathing ladder, cruising chute, dive tanks and other equipment.
• In the bow you also have access to the chain locker.
• The guest head area is of a very generous size (the owner specifically opted for one large area for the two cabins to share rather than two small areas).
• Watertight door from here forward to sail locker
• Shower area fitted with a teak-grating floor.
• The marine toilet is installed to starboard.
• Locker forward on starboard side for future fitment of washer/dryer.
• The washbasin is to port, with mirror above and there is a large locker for towels and other items.
• A full-length mirror is fitted to the starboard door.
• The area has a bare teak and holly floor.
• Aft from the guest head area doors lead aft to each guest cabin.
• These are mirror images of each other and have a double lower berth (drawers under) and a pilot berth that may be pulled out above.
• The pilot berth comprises a canvas base with teak front and is fitted with a lee cloth.
• Each cabin has a large locker, reading lamps, and an overhead hatch.
• Beautifully crafted curved doors lead aft to the saloon.
• A single step takes you up into the saloon area.
• There is a large U shape seating area to port with dining table.
• The locker between the ports is for glasses and the table base acts as bottle stowage.
• Further glass stowage is in a locker on the starboard aft bulkhead of the saloon (also handy for passing up to the cockpit).
• On the starboard side is a smaller L shape seating area with coffee table that incorporates a hidden PC/TV monitor.
• With the opening side ports, the two overhead hatch plus the good size windows on each side and forward you have excellent visibility from this area. It is also very light and airy.
• Ports and windows all have curtains for privacy and also to shut out the sunlight if you wish.
• With the main navigation area situated in the cockpit / deckhouse the saloon is left with more space than is usual thus making it a particularly attractive area.
• From the saloon four steps lead up aft to the cockpit / deckhouse.
• Under the saloon floor you will find extra stowage space and access to the tanks.
• A bar style half height partition separates the saloon from the galley and also houses the electric panel.
• Two steps lead down to the galley, which runs aft from the saloon along the starboard side of the yacht.
• A long “pantry” locker is cleverly installed under / behind the companionway steps and access is from the galley.
• The fridge and freezer are located at the forward end of the galley.
• There are two stainless steel sinks including a chopping board cover, there is a pull-out garbage bin unit, generous stowage lockers, and drawers.
• The four-burner cooker and oven with extractor hood are located at the aft part of the galley.
• From the galley a well insulated (almost completely soundproof) door leads in to the engine room that is located under the cockpit.
• This houses the main engine, generator, watermaker and most other of the ships systems.
• Aft of the galley and outboard to starboard is an extra “day head” with washbasin – Note. Heads unit presently removed, so new unit would need to be reinstated for full functionality.
• Right aft the passage leads on to the main “owner” sleeping cabin.
• You go up steps into the cabin.
• Immediately to your starboard side are three large lockers (two wardrobes and one fitted with shelves). Aft of those is a comfortable seat with handy book stowage behind it.
• The bed is centrally positioned with two pillars at the forward end (in the typical Nordia style).
• There are large (chart) drawers under the bed.
• On the forward bulkhead is a vanity unit and stool.
• On the aft port side of the cabin is the “office area” including another large locker (this houses the boat files) with an adjacent desk and seat unit (facing outboard and aft). There is a B&G MFD repeater, a Furuno Navtex and a Furuno GPS display.
• This aft cabin is massive with generous floor space and with opening ports on each side, two more aft behind the bed and a large overhead hatch it is well ventilated and light.
Owner’s Ensuite Heads:
• The owners’ en-suite head and shower area are situated on the port side forward with marine toilet, washbasin, mirror, shaving mirror, opening port and separate shower cubicle with teak grating.
• The cockpit / deckhouse area is a special feature of this yacht.
• On each side on the companionway are situated “chart desks” and instruments.
• On the port side is a high-low adjustable “helm seat” and in bad weather you may “helm” the yacht from here using autopilot and radar.
• On the starboard side and extending right around in a full U shape is comfy seating area.
• Large central teak cockpit table.
• The central windscreen may be opened for extra ventilation and the two side screens are fitted with windscreen wipers and heater.
• Cutter headed sloop rig. Aluminium spars by Hall Spars (Proctor), all painted in off-white – spars last painted 2013
• Air draft (without aerials) – approx. 32m
• Mast with 3 sets of tapered spreaders.
• Antal halyard locks
• Reckmann hydraulic in-mast furling mainsail system.
• Reckmann hydraulic furling for both genoa’s and for staysail (3x units)
• Navtec stainless steel rod standing rigging – 2004
• Standing rigiging last inspected/serviced – 2016/7
• Stainless steel rigging screw protectors
• Babystay and checkstays
• Radar scanner mounted on mast.
• Carbon fibre spinnaker pole, stows on front of mast with adjustable pole track.
• Navtec hydraulic boom vang and hydraulic backstay tensioners with control panel in cockpit port side – Vang and backstays overhauled 2017
• Tracks and hardware by Lewmar, including preventer blocks.
• Main and headstay furlers are driven from Lewmar Commander power pack, that has the following functions: - Main furler and outhaul, 2 x genoa furl, 1 x jib furl, 2 x genoa sheet winches, 2 x capstans, also 1 x anchor windlass.
• All sail controls are push button from helm / cockpit.
• All Lewmar, chrome and self-tailing:
• 2 x 77 CST, primaries, hydraulic – situated at aft corner of cockpit
• 2 x 54 CST secondaries, hydraulic – at aft corner of cockpit
• 2 x 48 CST, halyard winches, one each side on mast, manual
• 1 x 54 CST, mainsheet, hydraulic – on starboard side of aft cockpit coaming
• 1 x 54 CST, on deck at port side of mast, halyards, hydraulic
• Hood Sails Vectron inmast furling mainsail – 93sqm - 2004
• Hood Sails Vectron genoa – 147sqm – 2004
• Hood Sails Vectron staysail – 95sqm – 2004
• Hood Sails Vectron jib – 37sqm - 2004
• Teak toerail. Pulpit, pushpit, guardrails. Boarding gates.
• Circular teak seat in pulpit. Teak seats set in the pushpit corners.
• Cutaway transom with swim platform. Side bathing ladder (stows in focsle).
• Built in teak varnished cockpit table with foot rests.
• Custom teak and stainless hydraulic passarelle.
• Fixed alloy deckhouse with opening front windows, opening deckhead hatches and windscreen wipers
• Gebo aluminium opening deckhead hatches throughout
• Stainless steel dorade protectors.
• Stainless “granny bars” at mast.
• Stainless dorade cowls.
• Hot and cold shower at transom.
• Custom-built painted aluminium davits, operated by two Lewmar 44 ST hydraulic winches mounted on the davit arms and with foot control switches on deck.
Anchoring & Mooring:
• Hydraulic Lewmar 3000 anchor windlass with foot switches on deck at bow and 2nd control at pedestal – windlass overhauled 2016
• Quick remote control handset for anchor windlass
• 2 x 105 lb CQR anchors mounted on bow rollers (one replaced 2018 and other regalvanised 2016)
• 100m x 13mm stainless steel chain
• 2 x Lewmar 3000 hydraulic mooring capstans on aft deck
• Warps & fenders
• Bauer Junior II diving compressor, installed in forepeak – overhauled 2016
Tender & Outboard:
• ZAR Mini 12 aluminium hulled RIB dinghy – 2018/19
• Yamaha 15hp 4-stroke outboard engine – serviced 2018
Covers & Canvas:
• Sprayhood in Weathermax material with stainless steel frame - 2016
• Bimini with stainless steel frame
• Sides and back for bimini to create cockpit tent
• Covers for all winches, dinghy, table, etc.
• Padded ‘seat’ cover for liferaft on aft deck
Navigation and Deck Lightings:
• Deck flood lights fitted to lower spreaders.
• Downlights fitted in boom at aft end over cockpit.
• Steaming light fitted to fore side of mast.
• Tricolour light at masthead
General note on safety equipment: Any safety equipment such as liferafts, Epirbs, fire extinguishers and flares etc. are usually personal to the current owner(s) and if being left on-board as part of the sale of a used vessel may require routine servicing, replacement, or changing to meet a new owners specific needs.
• Transocean Type-1 8-man canister liferaft mounted on aft deck with hydrostatic release – service now due
• Jon Buoy carbon-casing MOB recovery – 2016
• 2x lifebuoys
• GME Accusat 406Mhz EPIRB - 2015
• Sonabel foghorn
• Flashing light
• Fire extinguishers throughout
• Engine room smoke alarm
Viewing arrangementsLying – Palermo, Sicily
Available to view strictly by appointment
Office Hours Mon- Fri 0900 – 17.00
Saturday by prior appointment
For more information or to arrange a viewing please contact us.
Tel: +44 (0)1590 673715
Grabau International offers the details of all vessels in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information or warranty the condition of any vessel and the details do not constitute a part of any contract. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. All vessels are offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice. Grabau International provides professional yacht conveyancing and legal transfer of title for all yachts as per the ABYA Code of Practice with all deposit payments and final balance payments processed through secure dedicated client accounts solely for that purpose. Our dedicated client accounts are written in trust at Natwest Bank and we are fully insured.