100% hand-crafted, short-handed aluminium performance deck house cruiser with benefit of comprehensive 2017 refit.
FURTHER BROKER’S COMMENTS:
LUCKY STAR is a most remarkable yacht. The result of a collaboration between one of Holland’s finest yards, and her original most experienced owner, she was conceived and built regardless of cost for serious cruising. She is easy to handle, so crew are not required, yet there is ample space on deck and below. The attention to detail is astonishing.
Constructed in 2005 and launched in 2006 as Namoussa VIII, she is the second of two Nordia 66 Cruisers (the other being SEAHORN – also recently sold by Grabau International). Sold to her present ownership in 2016, she has benefitted from a comprehensive refit and update in 2016/17, highlights of which include:-
• New teak decks
• Full check of aluminium hull
• New AwlGrip paint system for topsides, cockpit and superstructure
• New AwlGrip paint system for rig
• New standing rigging
• New or overhauled hydraulics for rig
• New Furuno navigation instruments
• Overhauled interior with new Alcantara headlinings, new guest heads, new entertainment systems with Fusion stereo and LED HD TV, and overhauled air-conditioning system.
• New washer/dryer installation
• New hydraulic anchor windlass with anchor and chain
• Overhauled watermaker with replacement high and low pressure pumps
• New hydraulic pump for bowthruster
• New compressor and low pressure pump for air conditioning 2017/2020
• New Mastervolt and Isolation transformer in 2021
• New Victron gel service batteries - 2021
• New canvas and covers
Her specification highlights are many and include:-
• Master cabin aft layout with twin guest cabins
• Cherry interior joinery
• Full hydraulic furling rig with in-mast fuling, genoa furling and staysail furling
• Lewmar hydraulic winch package
• Aluminium hull and superstructure construction
• 2.40m draft lead encapsulated keel
• Skeg-hung rudder
• Perkins M225 6-cylinder diesel engine
• Onan 13.5kw diesel generator
• Mastervolt battery chargers, inverter and isolation transfomer
• Dessalator 160 litre per hour 220vAC watermaker
• 220vAC air-conditioning system
• Eberspacher diesel-fired hot-air cabin heating system
• Electric heads in master cabin
• Updated Furuno navigation instruments plotters, radar and AIS
• Fridge and freezers
• Hydraulic passarelle
• Hydraulic anchor windlass
• Twin electric aft mooring windlasses
• 3.40m tender with 15hp outboard
LUCKY STAR is now offered for sale in full commission and can be purchased without EU VAT, making her ideal for UK and other non-EU based buyers.
The Van Dam Nordia shipyard, based in Holland and located on a historic site with shipbuilding stretching back to 1600, was a family owned and run business. The Van Dam family designed, engineers and constructed a fleet of legendary ocean cruising yachts with the simple objective – Building custom yachts to the highest quality standards possible, using over 125yrs of combined experience.
Under the leadership of Naval Architect Robert Van Dam and Chief designer Robin Ten Hoope a number of the world’s most recognisable yachts such as:-
• 100’ Traditional "Psyrax"
• 95’ Cruiser "Constance"
• 80’ Traditional "Ophira V"
• 75’ Cruiser "Pamina"
• 70’ Performance Cruiser "Marmalade of Manchester"
• 66’ Cruiser "Quicksilver V"
• 66’ Cruiser "Namoussa VIII" (now LUCKY STAR)
• 55’ Cruiser "Lahaina III"
Van Nordia Yachts were not only recognised for their benchmark build-quality, but also for their outstanding design.
• Our understanding is that this vessel complies with the European Union Recreational Craft Directive and is categorised A – Ocean.
• Aluminium almg 4.5 mn (5083). Seams and buts are welded on both sides.
• Frames, beams and stringers are welded with intermittent weld connectors to the plating.
• The welding works were x-rayed at completion.
• 7mm plate thickness below waterline and 6mm to topsides.
• Paint system: Awlgrip white with red contrasting style lines and white Awlgrip superstructure – 2017
Deck & Superstructure Construction:
• Deck aluminium overlaid with teak planking (no ply subdeck) – Teak decking replaced 2017
• Superstructure of aluminium almg 4.5 mn (5083). Seams and buts are welded on both sides.
• 6mm plate thickness to cockpit and 5mm to superstructure and wheelhouse.
Keel & Rudder:
• The keel is of a long fin profile with ballast of encapsulated lead
• 20mm plate thickness to keel sole and 8mm plate thickness to keel sides
• The keel weighs approx. 12,000 kgs
• Rudder blade manufactured in aluminium and is supported by a skeg.
Engine & gearbox:
• Perkins Sabre M225TI 6-cylinder turbo-charged diesel engine producing 225hp @ 2,500 rpm
• Custom made vibration dampers and double flexible coupling between reverse gear and prop shaft.
• Twindisc MG5050SC hydraulic gearbox with 2,45:1 reduction
• Morse single lever control
• HMI water-cooled exhaust system
• Separ dual fuel filtration system
• Engine room insulated with Bondell.
• Engine room air extraction
Maintenance and Performance:
• Approx engine hours: approx 2,600 hours as of Autumn 2022
• Speed (max) Approx 10 knots; (cruising) Approx 9 knots
• Fuel consumption: approx 10 litres per hour @ 8 knots cruising speed (flat water and clean bottom)
Propulsion & Steering:
• Propeller: 3-bladed feathering Max Prop
• 20hp Lewmar hydraulic tunnel bowthruster – Sauer hydraulic pump fitted 2017
• Wood-rimmed helm wheel in doghouse
• Emergency steering is fitted.
• Lewmar Commander hydraulic power system with hydraulic PTO from engine
• Navtec hydraulics for vang and backstay
• 24vDC domestic, 12vDC starting circuits and 220vAC via shore power, generator or inverter
• 24vDC service battery bank with 12x Victron Gel 210Ah batteries - 2021
• Mastervolt MASS 24/100 automatic battery charger
• Mastervolt MASS 24/2500 2500w Sinewave inverter
• 75Amp and 55Amp engine-mounted alternators
• Onan MDKAD 13.5kw 220vAC diesel generator in acoustic hood, mounted on flexible vibration dampers
• Generator hours: approx 2,200 hours as of Autumn 2022
• HMI water-cooled exhaust system
• Separ dual fuel filtration system
• Mastervolt isolation transformer - 2021
• Shorepower with Marinco 32Amp 50Hz connection.
• 220v ringmain fitted around the vessel with sockets to each cabin.
• Circuit breakers for battery chargers and inverters.
• 24/12V voltage converters
PLUMBING & GAS SYSTEMS
• Hot water system fitted with a Rheinstrom 75 litre calorifier fabricated from marine grade stainless steel with a 220v AC heater element.
• Gianneschi & Ramacciotti water pressure system
• Dessalator D160 220vAC watermaker fitted producing 160 litres per hour by reverse osmosis.
• Watermaker overhauled with new high and low pressure pumps and membranes - 2017
• Rheinstrom bilge pump in main bilge
• Whale manual bilge pump is connected to bilge system
• 3x heavy-duty ITT (250l/min) automatic bilge pumps
• Bilge alarms.
• Rheinstrom Deck wash installed in engine room with outlets forward and aft
• Deck wash pump
Grey & Black Water:
• Black water discharges to holding tanks or overboard via diverter valves
• High-level alarm sensor on grey and black water tanks.
• Fuel capacity 2,500 litres in 1x primary aluminium fuel tank
• VDO fuel tank level gauge with calibrated dipsticks
• De-bug system for fuel system
• Fresh water capacity 2,000 litres in 1x aluminium tank
• VDO fuel tank level gauge with calibrated dipsticks
• Black water holding tank with approx 150 litres capacity
• Grey water holding tank with 450 litres capacity
NAVIGATION & COMMUNICATION EQUIPMENT
• Furuno NavNet TZT2 15” touchscreen GPS radar chart plotter display - 2016
• 3x Furuno F170 multi-repeaters – 2016
• Furuno NavPilot 711 autopilot system with PG700 sensor – 2016
• Furuno GP330B GPS receiver – 2016
• Furuno 4kw radar scanner mounted to transom pole
• Furuno FA50 AIS transceiver
• Raymarine ST8001 autpoilot
• Echopilot FLS Silver forward looking echo-sounder
• Suunto steering compass
• LCD TV integrated to chart plotter to display navigation information
• B&G Hydra 2000 multi function display
• Furuno GPS/WAAS Navigator display
• Furuno NX Navtex display
• Raymarine Ray 240E VHF with DSC
• Siemens stainless steel electric oven with microwave and 220vAC burners – gimballed
• 220vAC extractor hood over the cooker
• 130 litre capacity front opening fridge.
• 100 litre capacity top opening freezer.
• Showers each draining into sumps with electric pump out.
• Electric flush heads in master cabin ensuite
• Manual marine heads in forward guest cabin ensuites - 2017
• Miele washing machiner / dryer - 2017
Heating & Ventilation:
• 220vAC reverse-cycle air conditioning and heating system with outlets throughout interior and controls in each cabin – 45,000 BTU output
• Air conditioning system overhauled with new compressor and water pump replaced 2017
• Eberspacher diesel-fired hot-air cabin heating system (requires servicing)
• Philips 32” Full HD LED TV in saloon – 2017
• Fusion MS-AV750 radio/CD/DVD with remote control - 2017
Summary of Accommodation:
• Up to nine berths consisting of master double cabin aft, mirrored forward double cabins with additional upper pilot berths and further occasional settee berth in saloon. Three heads and two showers. Head room in cabin spaces – approx. 2.15m
• African cherry joinery throughout.
• The cabin sole throughout the cabin areas is of varnished teak and holly.
• The galley has a grey / blue marble worktop.
• Red cloth upholstery
• Alcantara headlinings - 2017
• All overhead hatches are fitted with wooden black out screens and also with mosquito screens.
• All side ports have mosquito screens and storm covers
Description of Accommodation from Forward:
Sail locker / stowage area:
• Access from deck hatch or from inside - a watertight door leads forward via guest shower.
• There is good space for extra items including bathing ladder, sails, dive tanks and other equipment.
• In the bow you also have access to the chain locker.
• Mirrored guest heads servicing port and starboard guest cabins.
• Watertight door from here forward to sail locker
• Shower area fitted with a teak-grating floor.
• Wash basins with mirror above and there is a large locker for towels and other items.
• A full-length mirror is fitted to the starboard door.
• The area has a bare teak and holly floor.
• Aft from the guest head area doors lead aft to each guest cabin.
• These are mirror images of each other and have a double lower berth (drawers under) and a pilot berth that may be pulled out above.
• The pilot berth comprises a canvas base with teak front and is fitted with a lee cloth.
• Each cabin has a large locker, reading lamps, and an overhead hatch.
• Beautifully crafted curved doors lead aft to the saloon.
• A single step takes you up into the saloon area.
• There is a large U shape seating area to port with dining table.
• On the starboard side is a smaller L shape seating area with coffee table
• With the opening side ports, the two overhead hatch plus the good size windows on each side and forward you have excellent visibility from this area. It is also very light and airy.
• Ports and windows all have curtains for privacy and also to shut out the sunlight if you wish.
• With the main navigation area situated in the cockpit / deckhouse the saloon is left with more space than is usual thus making it a particularly attractive area.
• From the saloon four steps lead up aft to the cockpit / deckhouse.
• Under the saloon floor you will find extra stowage space and access to the tanks.
• A bar style half height partition separates the saloon from the galley and also houses the electric panel.
• Two steps lead down to the galley, which runs aft from the saloon along the starboard side of the yacht.
• A long “pantry” locker is cleverly installed under / behind the companionway steps and access is from the galley.
• The fridge and freezer are located at the forward end of the galley.
• There are two stainless steel sinks including a chopping board cover, there is a pull-out garbage bin unit, generous stowage lockers, and drawers.
• The four-burner cooker and oven with extractor hood are located at the aft part of the galley.
• From the galley a well insulated (almost completely soundproof) door leads in to the engine room that is located under the cockpit.
• This houses the main engine, generator, watermaker and most other of the ships systems.
• Right aft the passage leads on to the main “owner” sleeping cabin.
• You go up steps into the cabin.
• Immediately to your starboard side are three large lockers (two wardrobes and one fitted with shelves). Aft of those is a comfortable seat with handy book stowage behind it.
• The bed is centrally positioned with two pillars at the forward end (in the typical Nordia style).
• There are large (chart) drawers under the bed.
• On the forward bulkhead is a vanity unit and stool.
• On the aft port side of the cabin is the “office area” including another large locker with an adjacent desk and seat unit (facing outboard and aft).
• This aft cabin is massive with generous floor space and with opening ports on each side, two more aft behind the bed and a large overhead hatch it is well ventilated and light.
Owner’s Ensuite Heads:
• The owners’ en-suite head and shower area are situated on the port side forward with electric marine toilet, washbasin, mirror, shaving mirror, opening port and separate shower cubicle with teak grating.
• The cockpit / deckhouse area is a special feature of this yacht.
• On each side on the companionway are situated “chart desks” and instruments.
• On the port side is helm seat
• On the starboard side and extending right around in a full U shape is comfy seating area.
• Large central teak cockpit table.
• The central windscreen may be opened for extra ventilation and the two side screens are fitted with windscreen wipers and heater.
• Cutter headed sloop rig. Aluminium spars by Hall Spars (Proctor), all painted in AwlGrip white 2017
• Air draft (without aerials) – approx. 32m
• Mast with 3 sets of tapered spreaders.
• Reckmann hydraulic in-mast furling mainsail system - 2017
• Reckmann hydraulic furling for both genoa and for staysail
• Self-tacking track for staysail
• Navtec stainless steel rod standing rigging – 2016
• Stainless steel rigging screw protectors
• Babystay and checkstays
• Carbon fibre spinnaker pole, stows on front of mast with adjustable pole track.
• Navtec hydraulic boom vang and hydraulic backstay tensioners with control panel in cockpit port side – Vang and backstays overhauled 2017
• Tracks and hardware by Lewmar, including preventer blocks.
• Main and headstay furlers are driven from Lewmar Commander power pack, that has the following functions: - Main furler and outhaul, 2 x genoa furl, 1 x jib furl, 2 x genoa sheet winches, 2 x capstans, also 1 x anchor windlass.
• All sail controls are push button from cockpit.
• Lyros and Marlow dyneema sheets and halyards - 2017
• All Lewmar, chrome and self-tailing:
• 2 x 77 CST, primaries, hydraulic
• 1 x 58 CST, mainsheet, hydraulic
• 2 x 48 CST, halyard winches, one each side on mast, manual
• HydraNet inmast furling mainsail – 109sqm – overhauled 2021
• HydraNet inmast furling genoa – 155sqm – overhauled 2021
• HydraNet inmast furling staysail – 70sqm – overhauled 2021
• Aluminkium slotted toe rail
• Solid stainless steel upper guardrail with pulpit, pushpit and side boarding gates
• Teak seats set in the pushpit corners.
• Cutaway transom with swim platform. Side bathing ladder (stows in focsle) - 2017.
• Built in teak varnished cockpit table
• 2.50 carbon fibre folding passarelle
• Fixed alloy deckhouse with opening front windows, opening deckhead hatches and windscreen wipers
• Aluminium opening deckhead hatches throughout
• Dorade protectors.
• Hot and cold shower at transom.
• Custom-built painted aluminium davits
Anchoring & Mooring:
• Lewmar V5 hydraulic reversing anchor windlass - 2017
• 75kgs spade anchor mounted on bow roller with 110m of 14mm chain - 2017
• 2x Lewmar 48 electric mooring capstans on aft deck
• Warps & fenders
• Diving compressor, Bauer Junior 4 installed in cockpit/bench
Tender & Outboard:
• 3.40m tender
• Mercury 15hp 4-stroke outboard engine
Covers & Canvas:
• Bimini – 2017
• Sun awning – 2017
• Full cockpit tent enclosures – 2017
• Cockpit cushions – 2017
• Table and winch covers - 2017
Navigation and Deck Lightings:
• Steaming light fitted to fore side of mast.
• Tricolour light at masthead
General note on safety equipment: Any safety equipment such as liferafts, Epirbs, fire extinguishers and flares etc. are usually personal to the current owner(s) and if being left on-board as part of the sale of a used vessel may require routine servicing, replacement, or changing to meet a new owners specific needs.
Lying – Near Marseille, France
Available to view strictly by appointment
Office Hours Mon- Fri 0900 – 17.00
Saturday by prior appointment
For more information or to arrange a viewing please contact us.
Lead Broker: Alex Grabau
Tel: +44 (0)1590 673715
Grabau International offers the details of all vessels in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information or warranty the condition of any vessel and the details do not constitute a part of any contract. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. All vessels are offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice. Grabau International provides professional yacht conveyancing and legal transfer of title for all yachts as per the ABYA Code of Practice with all deposit payments and final balance payments processed through secure dedicated client accounts solely for that purpose. Our dedicated client accounts are written in trust at Natwest Bank and we are fully insured.