Custom-built performance cruiser from the board of Bruce Farr and Alessandro Vismara design. Extremely well maintained over the years from her first and only owner. A great opportunity to acquire a high-quality performance cruiser for immediate delivery.
FURTHER BROKER’S COMMENTS:
Design No.243 from Bruce Farr, MORGANA is a custom-built IMS performance cruiser project in collaboration with Alessandro Vismara and with construction by Arredomar in Italy. Launched in 1992, MORGANA has been professionally maintained since build and remains in her original ownership, only now being sold due to the recent delivery of a new larger yacht.
Since she was built by her current owner in 1990, MORGANA has been extensively modernised and refitted including a full rig service in 2018.
Her specification highlights include :
• Teak lay deck – 2018
• Awl grip hull paint – 2018
• 4 cabins layout plus crew quarter
• Hydraulic pack winches
• Coffee grinders
• Hydraulic furling genoa
• 13kw generator
• Doyle sails – 2018
• 2x water maker for a total of 200 lt/hours
• Three blade feathering propeller
Morgana is a mini-maxi designed to express the best on the new IMS regulations. The hull by Bruce Farr guarantees top performances, the interior design and deck Vismara has made no compromises in terms of elegance and comfort.
The boat has an high prismatic coefficient, rounded sections with minimum wetted surfaces, a rather fine bow area but a large stern with volumes and maximum beam accentuated for the entire central section of the hull. The deck is very clean both for cruising and racing. The rig high quality and also fitted for the racing use: three coffee grinders, one in the cockpit for the main sail and other two before the central cockpit to aid the primary winches. The double cockpit meets the needs of rationalization of the various rig and equipment during the race as well as the space available for non-technical sailing moment. The internal are made of termanto panel faced in teak used in both furnishing and bulkheads. This technique has allowed Morgana to be a boat with a tough, racing look but with interior of a luxury yacht. Management of the space on board has created a division between the crew area it the bow and the owners and guests’ quarter in the stern.
Morgana is the latest creation by the brothers Sergio and Renzo Marchi. The two brothers are used to working with well-known designers (for example the Marchi 47 'by Carlo Sciarrelli and the Machi 39 by Andrea Vallicelli) and also for this boat they have not failed in tradition, referring to the New Zealand architect Bruce Farr, well-known not only for his hulls in the America's Cup but also for having designed winning boats of allure. The goal set for Farr was that of a boat with the possibility of high performance and at the same time able to ensure maximum comfort in navigation in regattas and cruises. To achieve this, no constraints were imposed on Farr either in the shape or size of the boat, so he was able to freely develop his ideas. The result was an exclusive boat, due to the lines of its hull, the dimensions, the free space on deck and the comfort of the interiors that are elegant. Farr designed a hull with absolute performance and therefore not tied to tonnage constraints which, inevitably, would have imposed limitations on it. Nevertheless, the Marchi 72 'will be able to participate in International Offshore Racing (IOR) regattas under a rating of 70 feet, but where it will express all its speed skills it will be in the International Measurement System (IMS) competitions.
• Our understanding is that the yacht is exempt from the Directive 94/25EC (Recreational Craft Directive) as she was first placed into use prior to 16th June 1998.
• Termanto core fiberglass sandwich construction to the highest specification
• All high stress areas are specially strengthened
• Uni-directional roving is a special developed glass (UR) / aramid (Kevlar E/WR) hybrid to improve impact resistance, strength, stiffness and safety of the structure
• High grade SP System epoxy resin is used in the lamination process to create an extremely strong high-tech laminate.
• Taking advantage of modern light weight construction techniques and fiber technology enables a higher ballast / displacement ratio which gives better performance and seaworthiness for the yacht.
• Awl-grip hull paint - 2018
Deck & Superstructure Construction:
• Termanto core fiberglass sandwich construction
• Teak lay deck – replaced 2018
Keel & Rudder:
• Lead bulb with 4% antimony
• A stainless steel inox cage is inside the lead bulb
• Balance spade carbon fibre rudder
• Custom made steering pedestal.
Engine & gearbox:
• Yanmar 4LH4 – STP 4 cylinder diesel engine producing 230hp @3.300rpm
• Freshwater cooled engine.
• Single lever engine control.
Service & Maintenance:
• Engine hours – 2,500 hours beginning 2022
• Date of last engine service – 2019
Propulsion & Steering:
• 3-bladed feathering propeller
• One aluminium alloy tube emergency tiller.
• 24vDC primary domestic system with 12vDC starting circuit and ..v AC via generator or shorepower
• 12x 6vDC service battery bank joined in parallel to provide 24vDC – 2017
• 12vDC engine start battery – 2019
• 12vDC generator start battery – 2019
Charging / Inverter:
• 12vDC Mastervolt battery charger for engine and generator battery
• 24vDC service battery charger
• Kohler 13Kw generator
• Generator hours – approx. TBC
• Yearly disembarked and overruled
• 12vDC engine mounted alternator
• 24vDC 60amp. engine mounted alternator
• Custom made with automatic safety circuit breakers. Indication diodes, amp.meters, volt meters and tank level meters are provided. A 12 V DC for starting system, 24 V DC for service system.
• 220vAC Shore power
PLUMBING & GAS SYSTEMS
• Water heater provided. Heated by engine cooling water and shore power.
• Hot water tank
• Water pressure system with outlets in heads and galley. Pump with automatic pressure switch.
• Telephone type shower, water faucet for cold and hot pressurised water.
• 1x 3 membranes Watermaker
• 1x 2 membranes Watermaker
• Total of 200 lt/hours water maker
• Manual and electric bilge pumps
• Approx 1,200 litres fuel capacity in 3x polypropylene tanks and one stainless steel tank (2x420lt and 2x175lt)
• Approx 840 litres water capacity in 2x 420 polypropylene tanks
• Approx 175 litres black water capacity
• Approx 175 litres grey water capacity
NAVIGATION & COMMUNICATION EQUIPMENT
• Furuno scan array radar
• 2x Raymarine Axiom 7 GPS in the cockpit - 2021
• B&G H3000 computer system
• 4x B&G maxi screen at the mast
• Simrad AP24 and AP28 autopilot
• MINI C T&T TT3026D EPIRB
• PC and printers
• MOB MOM8-A
• B&G multidusplay at the chart table
• VHF with DSC
• Alpes Inox gas stove with 4x burners and oven
• Extensive fridge and deep freezer capacity with fridge for vegetables
• Fridge in the saloon
• Two stainless steel sinks
• Tecma electric heads
• Hot & cold pressurised water supplies with shower in heads
Heating & Ventilation:
• Frigomar Aircondition system 410 18000-42000 BTU – 2016
• 4x fancoil one each cabin
• Folding LCD TV in the saloon
• Fusion stereo
Summary of Accommodation:
• The Vismara 72 Farr Custom MORGANA sleeps 10 persons in 4 separate guest staterooms and one crew cabin forward. 4 heads compartments.
• Crew cabin forward in forepeak
Forward Guest Cabins:
• One guest cabin with full privacy provided with toilet and shower, hanging locker and storage space on port side
• Starboard side aft galley
• Stowage for cooking utensils.
• Adequate drawers and glass racks for stowage of crockery.
• Corian-covered work top with deep fiddles.
• Deep stainless steel sink units.
• Water faucet for hot and cold pressure water.
• Front opening fridge
• Front opening fredzer
• Front opening fridge vegetables
• Moulded GRP basin in special hygienic gelcoat.
• Counter unit and lockers with ample provision for stowage.
• Marine toilet with overboard discharge through seacock.
• Mirror, toothbrush, towel, soap and paper holder.
• Telephone type shower, water faucet for cold and hot pressurised water, shower sump with sump pump.
• Shower cublicle in the aft owner’s headroom
• Dining area to port with dining table and U-shaped settee.
• Dining table fixed and hand-rubbed varnished teak.
• All visible wood surfaces to be teak faced.
• Bookshelves and storage space provided.
• A bar with fridge is provided
• Resting sofa on starboard side aft the chart table
• Navigation area with stowage for charts, books, pencils etc.
• Bulkhead space for mounting electronic instruments, radio equipment, etc.
• Master electric panel with safety circuit breakers and navigator's light.
• Two split “Frech size” berths, table with storage drawers under on each side.
• Toilet with separate shower cabin.
• Joinery work is to the highest standard. All joinery is mahogany faced with solid teak or laminated teak frames and capping. The joinery is varnished throughout. Visible surfaces are varnished and handrubbed to obtain a satin type of surface.
• All doors are provided with retaining hooks and swing stops. Kick plates on steps and chafing pieces on sills are provided.
• Curtains are provided for side windows and portlights
• Hanging lockers are provided with rods and hooks.
• Locker doors are fitted with louvers for ventilation.
• Floorboards with laid teak veneer. Access to bilge provided where practical. Dust collector with teak grating in front of main entrance ladder.
• Ceiling lined with removable soft panelling.
• Custom Sparcraft 3 swept back spreader aluminium mast
• Sparcraft boom in aluminium
• White painted mast and boom
• Harken batten bearings travellers
• Stainless steel standing rigging replaced 2015
• Lewmar mainsail track with cars
• Running backstays
• Cariboni hydraulic furling jib with control unit
• Hydraulic control unit for: vang, outhall, backstays and baby stay
• 373 sqm upwind sails area
• Mast high is 32 m
• Lewmar winches
• 3x coffee grinders
• 2x self-tailing 3 speed hydraulic winches for halyards
• 1x self-tailing 3 speed hydraulic winch for the main
• 2x 65 three speed winches
• 3x 700 three speed self-tailing winches for running backstays and main – *
• 2x 700 three speed self-tailing winches for genoa
• 2x two speed self-tailing winches for main track
• 2x three speed winches for gennakers - *
• *3x coffee grinders
• 1x Doyle full batten mainsail – 2018
• 1x Doyle furling genoa – 2018
• 2x gennakers
• A pulpit and pushpit of high quality stainless steel tube are mounted on the bow and transom.
• Double life lines are installed passing through stainless steel stanchions with stainless steel wire and set up with turnbuckles at the after end.
• The pulpit is fitted with navigation lights and the pushpit with a stern light
• Stainless steel handrail for main companionway is provided.
• Side boarding ladder
• Flush hatches
• Cockpit table
• Winches cover
• Steering wheels cover
Anchoring & Mooring:
• Navtec hydraulic anchor windlass
• Anchor with chain
Tender & Outboard:
• Novamarine 320 tender
• Outboard engine
General note on safety equipment: Any safety equipment such as liferafts, Epirbs, fire extinguishers and flares etc. are usually personal to the current owner(s) and if being left on-board as part of the sale of a used vessel may require routine servicing, replacement, or changing to meet a new owners specific needs.
• 6x 1kg powder fire extinguisher
• 1x 5kg CO2 fire extinguisher
Lying La Spezia, Italy
Available to view strictly by appointment
Office Hours Mon- Fri 0900 – 17.00
Saturday by prior appointment
For more information or to arrange a viewing please contact us.
Please Note: Due to the varying locations of our yachts, your travel time and the distances that may be involved, we recommend that you only make arrangements to view if you are actively considering purchase.
Lead Broker: Michele Antonini – Grabau International (Italia)
Tel: +39 333 74 89 281
Grabau International offers the details of all vessels in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information or warranty the condition of any vessel and the details do not constitute a part of any contract. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. All vessels are offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice. Grabau International provides professional yacht conveyancing and legal transfer of title for all yachts as per the ABYA Code of Practice with all deposit payments and final balance payments processed through secure dedicated client accounts solely for that purpose. Our dedicated client accounts are written in trust at Natwest Bank and we are fully insured.