2015 VISMARA MARINE V50 DS
€550,000 tax paid
Innovative performance deck saloon
|Manufacturer/Model||Vismara Marine V50 DS|
|New or Used||Used|
|Tax/VAT Status||Tax paid|
|Lying||Punta Ala, Italy|
|Engine||2x Volvo D2-40 38hp|
|Hull Construction||GRP epoxy sandwich|
|Keel Type||Fin Keel|
|Drinking Water Capacity||600l|
DescriptionSuper stylish, effortlessly simply and hugely innovative performance deck saloon yacht from Vismara Marine. Twin engines, protected cockpit, carbon rig and 360 degree vision from the saloon.
FURTHER BROKER’S COMMENTS:
Ground-breaking performance deck saloon from the Italian masters of custom yacht building. Lightweight epoxy construction, shallow-draft performance T-profile keel, carbon rudder and carbon rig with carbon inboom furling act as a precursor to a truly innovative design with a single-level cockpit, saloon and galley, twin engines & bowthruster for effortless manouvering and the most simple rig plan you could wish for.
Commissioned for a serial Vismara owner and one of Italy’s leading fashion designers, this one owner boat is now offered for sale to make way for new projects. DRAGON’s specification highlights include:-
• GRP and epoxy sandwich composite construction
• Carbon mast rig with furling boom
• Antal electric winches
• 2.5m T-profile keel
• Carbon fibre rudder blade
• Twin 38hp Volvo engines with Saildrives and 3-bladed Volvo folding props
• Mastervolt charger
• Tender garage
• 2-cabin, 2-heads interior layout with dedicated master cabin dressing room
• Raised saloon profile with 360 degree outward vision from saloon and galley area
• Raymarine instrument package with plotter
This blue water cruiser couldn’t be different that what its DNA routes impose. She is a real Vismara. Fast in all conditions, comfortable in any weather situation. Two engines for maximum reliability make her able to cover long distances during the summer time and ensure the maximum handling and maneuvering in port.
This is also the only technology that gives you the trading floor at the same level. The cockpit will ensure a complete protection in any condition for the whole family and guests. They will enjoy the sailing in comfort with a 360° view of the sea from the dinette. She offers the maximum comfort on board, both at the exterior and interior spaces.
A big and light gangway which is recessed under the deck, a furling boom, a garage tender and electric winches constitute the standard equipment of each V50 DS.
“A brilliant idea - A lot of simple yet functional solutions. The revolution has come. Even for cruising.”
“The Vismara V50 is a boat which dismantles prejudices. Just go on board to understand. We went on board at Punta Ala and as soon as we sat in the cockpit and hoisted the sails, we understood! Our reaction was “but why did no one think about this before?” I am sitting in the cockpit and we are sailing on the wind. At a certain point I observe the other people on board and realize that the boat is composed of two levels. The central part of the cockpit is lowest and hollow, while the outer frame is higher. I slowly get back to my senses and try to think of a cruise with children on board. If they can stay there below in the cockpit, they will be protected and sheltered. Before getting out they will have to climb the sides; enough time to stop them before doing that.
The deckhouse is fitted toward the stern and almost shelters it completely from the sun, so one can do without a canopy, even when navigating and avoid layers of solar cream on kids. Forget about canopies and spray hoods. To avoid getting splashed in cold weather or rough seas, just stay at the bottom, in the cockpit. In any case the upper seat, is ideal for sailing. Visibility is excellent. Not even the extension of the deckhouse which protects the cockpit is felt and everything in and out of the boat is under control. Moreover, this solution merges the interior and the deck because the central part of the cockpit is at the same level of the dinette…
…I am back to my senses thinking about how many times I almost hurt myself down the stairs from the cockpit to the dinette on a cruise. And above all, how many times I dropped a stack of dishes to avoid damaging the wood while descending below deck. This would never have happened aboard the V50…
…Easy sailing is the secret of a functional deck. But it really has to be easy, not made of countless buttons, keys and joysticks to be maneuvered alone. The mainsail rolls up in the boom and the system functions properly. The main traveller and Genoa traveller systems are not included. Aft of the wheels are two winches and the high and low halyards fall on the sides leaving the side decks free of obstacles…
… As I said above “but why did no one think about this before?” The boat has an engine. Or rather engines. There are in fact two propulsion devices and two engine rooms. The engine and plant’s unit is below the cockpit benches…
…The amazing thing is the noise. The sound level meter in the midship cabins, i.e. those closest to the propulsion devices, recorded very low values, all around 50 decibels. It almost seems to be on board an electric car, considering the front engines layout with the dinette and galley and the first cabins in the bow. But it’s not just about that. Evidently insulation was adequately installed. Cruise comfort even depends on the decibels. It is possible to sail with the V50 using only the engine with the throttle fully lowered; the sensation is similar to sailing with unfurled sails. Another big advantage of having twin engines installed is the fact that it facilitates maneuvers. The V50 Dragon that we tested is designed for bow thrusters, but it was not installed, and is actually not required. We returned to the port with 18 knots of wind on the beam and the two engines made maneuvers much more easier. It is difficult to imagine the many solutions sought to make sail boat maneuvers easier. To remove the propeller evolution effect, the shipyards contrived various solutions especially in recent years: joystick, feet rotating at 180°, jets and bow and stern thrusters. All to no avail. After all it was enough to install two engines instead of one…
• CE Certification - A
Hull, Deck & Superstructure Construction:
• The entire construction is made of "sandwich", using E-glass multiaxial fibre and epoxy sandwich.
• The structural reinforcements at the stress points are made of carbon fibre.
• Non slip deck finish
Keel & Rudder:
• High performance keel with heavy lead ‘T’ bulb
• Keel weight accounts for 45% of displacement
• Carbon fibre single rudder blade
Engine & gearbox:
• 2x Volvo Penta D2-40 4-cylinder marine diesel engine producing 38hp each (76hp combined)
• Volvo SD saildrive gearboxes
• Fresh¬water cooled engines.
• Volvo single lever throttle/gear controls
• Engine access from cockpit.
Maintenance & Performance:
• Engine hours – Approx 1,200 as of Autumn 2020
• Date of last engine service: tbc
Propulsion & Steering:
• 2x Volvo 3-bladed folding propellers
• Emergency tiller.
• Solimar twin helm pedestals with hide covered stainless steel wheels
• 12vDC tunnel bowthruster - 2016
• 12vDC domestic systems with 220vAC via shore-power or inverter
• 12vDC engine start circuit
• 2x 12vDC engine start batteries
• Approx 600Ah service battery capacity
• Bowthruster battery
Charging / Inverter
• Mastervolt 12/220v automatic battery charger
• 220vAC inverter
• 2x Volvo 12vDC Engine-mounted alternators
• 220vAC shore power with isolator and circuit breaker
PLUMBING & GAS SYSTEMS
• 12vDC pressurised fresh water system
• The hot freshwater circuit is led into a well-insulated hot water tank, heated by engine or 220v AC immersion heater element
• Cockpit shower
• Whale manual bilge pump in cockpit
• 12vDC electric bilge pump
Grey & Black Water:
• 12vDC grey water discharge pumps for shower trays
• Black water from forward heads discharges to sea.
• Approx 400 litres fuel capacity
• Approx 600 litres fresh water capacity
NAVIGATION & COMMUNICATION EQUIPMENT
• Raymarine HybridTouch GPS chart plotter at starboard helm
• Raymarine wind, speed and depth transducers
• Raymarine autopilot
• Raymarine VHF with DSC and external speaker in cockpit
• Stainless steel gimballing stove with 3x gas burners and oven
• Twin stainless steel sinks with pressurised fresh water supply
• 2x 12vDC refrigerators
• Tecma 12vDC electric freshwater flush marine toilets
• Hot & cold pressurised water supplies with shower in heads with Elka design taps
• Separate shower for forward heads
• 220vAC air-conditioning for master cabin, powered by shore-power
• LCD TV in saloon
• Stereo system with speakers in saloon and cockpit
Summary of Accommodation:
• Up to 6 berths in two double cabins plus saloon settee. Two heads.
• All furniture is lightweight PVC sandwich panels.
• Gloss painted white interior joinery while floors are veneer plaqued in black
• Synthetic white leather in saloon
• Oceanair blinds in all cabins, flush fit.
• White synthetic stone counters in galley
• LED lighting
Accommodation layout from forward:
Master Cabin Ensuite Heads:
• Sink with locker
• Electric heads
• Large separate shower cubicle forward
• Approx 1.90m headroom in shower
• Wide single (or narrow double) berths to port and starboard – 195cm x 120cm
• Shelving above
• Headroom approx. 1.93m
• LED reading lights with upper spots
Master Cabin Dressing Room:
• Aft of master cabin to port.
• Dedicated dressing room area with hanging lockers and shelving
• Sink with locker and shower
• Electric heads
• Approx 1.93m headroom in shower
• Double berth with 190cm x 140cm
• Hanging locker
• Headroom approx. 1.91m
• LED reading lights with upper spots
• U-shaped settee to port with dining table and stowage outboard.
• Dining table height adjustable to create large double berth
• LED lighting and upper spots
• Headroom approx. 1.93m
• 360 degree outward vision
• Opposite saloon area to starboard in raised deck saloon area.
• White synthetic stone counters
• Twin sinks
• Gas stove
• Front and top-opening refrigerators
• Maxspar carbon fibre mast – black painted – supplied 2019
• Deck-stepped fractional rigged with two sets of swept-back spreaders
• Aluminium furling boom – black painted
• Stainless steel rod standing rigging - 2015
• Harken manual sub-deck furler
• Fixed genoa cars with lines led under deck to winches
• Split textile backstay with hydraulic adjuster
• Rod vang
• Bridle mainsheet system on coachroof with German mainsheet led aft to winches
• Antal V-Cam 814 jammers
• 2x Antal XT62 2-speed self-tailing electric winches
• CD Sails fully-battened mainsail – 2019
• CD Sails furling genoa – 2019
• I = 19.56m, J= 5.87m, P = 18.89m, E = 6.40m
• Mainsail area – approx. 70sqm
• Genoa area – approx. 61.5sqm
• Stainless steel rounded stanchions with twin lifelines
• Solid stainless steel guardrail aft
• Manually-operated fold-down transom providing access to tender garage with capacity for 2.40m tender.
• Cockpit table stowing withing cockpit sole.
• Stowage locker
• Flush deck hatches
• Integral fold-out pasarelle
Anchoring & Mooring:
• Fold out anchor arm
• Quick 12vDC electric anchor windlass
• Anchor with chain
• Warps and fenders
General note on safety equipment: Any safety equipment such as liferafts, Epirbs, fire extinguishers and flares etc. are usually personal to the current owner(s) and if being left on-board as part of the sale of a used vessel may require routine servicing, replacement, or changing to meet a new owners specific needs.
Viewing arrangementsLying Punta Ala, Italy
Available to view strictly by appointment
Office Hours Mon- Fri 0900 – 17.00
Saturday by prior appointment
For more information or to arrange a viewing please contact us.
Please Note: Due to the varying locations of our yachts, your travel time and the distances that may be involved, we recommend that you only make arrangements to view if you are actively considering purchase.
Tel UK: +44 (0)1590 673715
Tel ITA: +39 333 7489281
Grabau International offers the details of all vessels in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information or warranty the condition of any vessel and the details do not constitute a part of any contract. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. All vessels are offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice. Grabau International provides professional yacht conveyancing and legal transfer of title for all yachts as per the ABYA Code of Practice with all deposit payments and final balance payments processed through secure dedicated client accounts solely for that purpose. Our dedicated client accounts are written in trust at Natwest Bank and we are fully insured.