Without a doubt one of the most graceful yet exhilarating sailing yachts on the planet. Luca Bassani and Hoek Design collaboration in full carbon construction, she has the quality to match her looks and pace. NIJI is a very special yacht with the benefit of extensive recent refit and upgrades.
FURTHER BROKER’S COMMENTS:
Launched in 2009 and hull No.2 of the Wallynano fleet, NIJI has been extensively refitted in recent seasons to become a comfortable cruising ‘weekender’ as well as a formidable competitor to the Wallynano fleet and Spirit of Tradition class at PalmaVela or Les Voile de Saint Tropez event.
Her specification highlights include:-
• Repainted topsides, coamings, and superstructure – 2018
• New Volvo D1-20 3-cylinder engine – 2018
• Hall Spars carbon mast (2-part for transport) and boom – inspected 2023
• Cariboni hydraulics for genoa, backstay, and vang – serviced 2023
• Elvstrom EPEX sails from 2021
• Furling Code 0
• Self-tacking jib with full beam track on foredeck
• Raymarine electronics including Wi-Fi chart plotter and mast mounted MFDs
• Raymarine integrated autopilot
• Fusion Bluetooth stereo system – 2020
• Recently replaced batteries (3x service batteries)
• 220vAC shore power and battery charger
• Pressurised hot and cold fresh water
• Marine heads
• Full winter cover
• Cockpit and sunbathing cushions
• Capable of fitting inside a standard 40ft shipping container with all its gear (dismounted) including rudder, keel and mast (designed to be split in two parts).
EU VAT paid and German-flagged, NIJI represents the perfect opportunity to gain immediate and convenient access to this stunning and exciting one design fleet. NIji is about the only Wally Nano with extended motoring capabilities and range up to 250 nm for island hopping and simple day cruising across bays.
Perfection in form rarely comes with such impeccable performance attributes. The wallynano37 is an object of profound beauty, with lines drawn by the redoubtable André Hoek. But in step with Wally’s core values, Hoek’s stunning naval architecture means the hull is totally geared for sailing speed and handling below the waterline.
Plumb bows and long overhangs aft look good, but they also give the boat extra buoyancy forward to punch through the waves and additional waterline length for greater speed on the heel. A single spade rudder and deep 2.6m bulb keel combine to offer incredible stability and control, even with the full 75sqm upwind sailplan.
Downwind she is a rocket as well, capable of sustaining 20 knots with a big Code sail or gennaker. And her lightweight carbon build means that she performs well under sail even in light airs.
The wallynano37 will bring home trophies, but it also makes a wonderful dayboat for cruising with family or picnicking in a deserted bay. Her beautiful interior is a flexible open space, offering a berth for up to four and a head.
• The vessel complies with the European Union Recreational Craft Directive and is categorised C – Inshore.
• The hull is constructed using a foam sandwich carbon epoxy combination
• The hull is fitted with two watertight compartments fore and aft
• Keel matrix with 33 layers of carbon
• Grey topsides paint finish – 2018
• Grey painted bulwark insides – 2018
• Epoxy primer system with antifouling - 2023
Deck & Superstructure Construction:
• The deck is a sandwich carbon construction.
• In way of all deck equipment the core replaced by high density core material.
• The teak deck is epoxy glued directly onto the sandwich deck.
• Caulking in grey.
• The cockpit floor and seats are covered with teak strakes with grey caulking.
• The cockpit coaming fitted with a solid teak cap rail.
• The cockpit is self-draining with integrated seats.
• The coach roof and cockpit are made of foam sandwich carbon epoxy construction.
• The coach roof is covered with teak strakes, transparent sides and clear varnished carbon corners.
• Custom built teak companionway hatch.
• Carbon Look Cabin backsides except under wash boards
• Polycarbonate washboard.
Keel & Rudder:
• The keel has a stainless-steel fin with a bolted torpedo shape cast lead bulb.
• The top of the fin is recessed into the hull laminate.
• Custom balanced carbon spade rudder
Engine & gearbox:
• Volvo Penta D1-20 3-cylinder 18.8hp diesel engine – upgraded from 13hp in 2018
• Closed circuit freshwater cooling
• Shaft drive reduction gearbox
• Single lever throttle/gear control
• Volvo EVC electronic engine control system
• Engine hours – approx. 78 as of Spring 2023
Propulsion & Steering:
• Volvo Penta 2-bladed folding propeller - 2018
• Carbon laminated tiller with tiller extension
• JP3 self-aligning top and bottom rudder bearings
• 12vDC systems with 220v AC via shore power
• 1x 12vDC engine start battery
• 3x 12vDC 85Ah service batteries joined in parallel to supply 255Ah @ 12vDC – 2019
• Dolphin battery monitoring system
• Victron automatic battery charger - 2021
• 220vAC shore power connection
PLUMBING & GAS SYSTEMS
Fresh Water Supply:
• Pressurised fresh water supply via 12vDC high pressure pump
• Hot & cold-water supply via engine-drive calorifier or via 220vAC immersion heater element in well-insulated hot water tank
• Hot & cold freshwater shower in cockpit
• Electric bilge pump
• Manual bilge pump in cockpit
Through Hull Fittings:
• The hull is fitted with through hull fittings for heads inlet, black water outlet, bilge pump outlet, engine, deck and flush hatch drains and cockpit drains.
• In way of all through hull fittings the core material replaced with high density core material and sealed with epoxy.
• 60 lt Diesel fuel tank with deck filler
• Fuel tank level gauge at DC panel
• 40 lt Fresh water tank with deck filler
• Fresh water tank level gauge at DC panel
NAVIGATION & COMMUNICATION EQUIPMENT
• Raymarine A7 Wi-Fi GPS chart plotter – 2013
• 3x Raymarine i70 multi-repeaters on custom carbon mast bracket - 2013
• Raymarine speed, depth and wind transducers - 2013
• Raymarine XP10 integrated autopilot connected to rudder stock – 2013
• Steering compass
• 12vDC fridge/freezer – 2013
• Electric saltwater heads discharging overboard.
• 12vDC LED lighting with ceiling lights in saloon, above forward berth and aft berths/settees
• Fusion 7000-series stereo system with FM radio and iPod connection - 2020
Summary of Accommodation:
• Up to 4 berths in open-plan forward cabin space and two saloon settee berths.
• Sink to port side of forward end of saloon. DC panel opposite to starboard.
• Manual marine heads.
• The interior is made of painted panels in light grey colour
• Carbon fibre sole boards
• There are cushions on the seats and mattresses in the bow.
• Inside of the hull including all construction parts, bulkheads and ceiling are painted with white epoxy coating.
• Hall Spars carbon fibre tapered, keel-stepped mast, with 2 sets of spreaders.
• Mast can be split into two pieces for easy transport in a standard 40ft shipping container
• Clear coat finish to mast
• Navtec stainless steel rod standing rigging – 2009 and inspected 2023
• Forestay replaced 2023
• Cariboni hydraulic power pack system for genoa, backstay and vang – serviced 2023
• Rod vang
• Block and tackle adjustment for mainsail
• Hydraulic mast jack system with racing shims to dock tune the rig
• Hall Spars carbon fibre boom.
• Boom fitted with 2-reefs and outhaul
• Hydraulic single backstay adjustable via control lines led under the deck to the helmsman position.
• Genoa furler
• Code 0 furler
• Self-tacking jib track
• Under deck halyard system leading to stoppers and winches on the side decks next to the cockpit
• Carbon fibre semi retractable bowsprit with fittings for a fixed forestay and bobstay.
• Bowsprit tip is fitted with gennaker tack fitting.
• Bowsprit fitted with internal launch and retract system.
• 2x Harken 48ST grey anodised 2-speed self-tailing manual winches
• Elvstrom Maestro EPEX racing white taffeta 39sqm fully battened mainsail – 2021
• Elvstrom Maestro EPEX racing white taffeta 103% furling self-tacking jib – 2021
• North Sails 3Di Race 760 furling jib – 2017
• Incidence Sails furling genoa with cover – 2013
• Doyle Sails Contender Supercote A2 125sqm gennaker with snuffer - 2019
• Incidence Sails furling 75sqm Code 0 - 2014
• Swimming ladder
• Flush deckhead hatches
Anchoring & Mooring:
• Stainless steel anchor and 5m chain and 40m leaded line
• Pop-up mooring cleats
• Fairleads in bulwarks
• Fenders and warps
Covers, Cushions & Canvas:
• Cockpit and aft deck cushions
• Full deck over boom winter cover – 2020
• Sun awning
• Furled jib cover
General note on safety equipment: Any safety equipment such as liferafts, Epirbs, fire extinguishers and flares etc. are usually personal to the current owner(s) and if being left on-board as part of the sale of a used vessel may require routine servicing, replacement, or changing to meet a new owners specific needs.
Lying: Palma de Mallorca
Available to view strictly by appointment
Office Hours Mon- Fri 0900 – 17.00
Saturday by prior appointment
For more information or to arrange a viewing please contact us.
Please Note: Due to the varying locations of our yachts, your travel time and the distances that may be involved, we recommend that you only make arrangements to view if you are actively considering purchase.
Lead Broker: Vittorio Papa – Grabau International (Palma)
Tel +34 634 339009
Grabau International offers the details of all vessels in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information or warranty the condition of any vessel and the details do not constitute a part of any contract. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. All vessels are offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice. Grabau International provides professional yacht conveyancing and legal transfer of title for all yachts as per the ABYA Code of Practice with all deposit payments and final balance payments processed through secure dedicated client accounts solely for that purpose. Our dedicated client accounts are written in trust at Natwest Bank and we are fully insured.