1996 X-YACHTS IMX-38
€45,000 tax paid
ORC optimised and extensively updated
|New or Used||Used|
|Tax/VAT Status||Tax paid|
|Engine||Volvo MD-2030 29hp|
|Keel Type||Fin Keel|
|Drinking Water Capacity||120l|
DescriptionFully ORC-optimised and updated example of the famous one design IMX 38, COS I XTY8 is a perfect boat for competitive racing or easy fun sailing without breaking the bank. Fully serviced and with a huge sail wardrobe for all conditions.
FURTHER BROKER’S COMMENTS:
Purchased by her current owner in 2011, this late model (hull no.73 of 92 built) fully ORC-optimised example of the hugely successful and extremely competitive IMX-38 offers blistering performance and outstanding value for money. Comprehensively upgraded and refitted in her current ownership, her highlights include:-
• Overhauled engine with very low hours
• Replacement rudder bearings and bushes
• Overhauled and re-wired mast
• Replacement standing rigging
• Navtec backstay adjuster with textile stay
• Extended carbon spinnaker pole
• Huge recent sail wardrobe with carbon and Kevlar laminates
• Upgraded B&G/Simrad navigiation instruments including plotter, autopilot and mast-mounted 20/20’s
Extremely well maintained and carefully sailed, COS I XTY8 offers a very inexpensive entry into competitive racing or even just fast cruising.
The good looks of the X-382 were obvious from the moment she emerged from the production mould. She was so appealing that the idea was born to create a new racer/cruiser that would perform well under the dominant IMS international handicap rule.
Production Years: 1992 — 2000
• Our understanding is that the yacht is exempt from the EU’s Recreational Craft Directive as she was first placed into use prior to June 1998
• White GRP hull laminated in vinylester resin, hand laid-up with a foam-cored sandwich construction.
• Solid laminate around deck fittings with embedded alloy plate
• Solid laminate at all through-hull fittings, keel frame and rudder fittings
• Galvanised steel matrix transferring rig and keel loads
Deck & Superstructure Construction:
• GRP deck laminated in vinylester resin, hand laid-up with a sandwich construction.
• Exposed deck surfaces finished in white gelcoat and non-slip finish
• GRP non-slip, cockpit sole and seating and bathing platform.
Keel & Rudder:
• Ballast fin keel with iron fin and lead bulb
• GRP rudder blade with aluminium rudder stock and low-friction needle bearings
• Rudder bushing and bearings replaced 2012
Engine & gearbox:
• Volvo MD-2030 3-cylinder naturally aspirated diesel engine producing 29hp
• Fresh water engine cooling via raw water intake and heat exchanger
• Single lever gear/throttle control
• Saildrive gearbox
Service & Maintenance:
• Engine hours – approx. 300 as of March 2018
• Date of last engine service – May 2017
• Heat exchanger serviced and water pump replaced – November 2016
Propulsion & Steering:
• Wheel steering with large diameter hide-covered helm wheel
• 2-bladed folding propeller
• 12vDC primary domestic system with 12vDC starting circuit and 220v AC via shorepower or inverter
• 1x 12vDC 80Ah engine start battery – 2015
• 2x 12vDC 80Ah service batteries – 2017
Charging / Inverter:
• Mastervolt chargemaster 12/220v automatic battery charger
• Inverter 300w
• 12vDC engine-mounted alternator
PLUMBING & GAS SYSTEMS
• Pressurised hot and cold water supplied via 12vDC pressure pump
• Hot & cold pressurised water to galley, heads and shower.
• 1x 12vDC electric bilge pump with manual override control
• 1x manual bilge pump.
• 120 litres stainless steel fuel tank
• 120 litres PVC fresh water tank
NAVIGATION & COMMUNICATION EQUIPMENT
• B&G Zeus T8 chartplotter – 2015
• Chart software upgraded 2018
• Simrad autopilot with hydraulic drive – 2005
• 3x Simrad jumbo repeaters at the mast – 2015
• Simrad wind transducer – 2016
• Speed and depth transducers
• 2x steering compasses
At Chart Table:
• Simrad GoFree Wi-fi hub – 2015
• Simrad VHF with DSC - 2015
• Handheld Simrad VHF- 2015
• Gimballed gas stove with two burners and oven
• Sink with hot & cold water supplies
• Jabsco manual marine heads
• Hot & cold pressurised water supply with shower
• Hi-fi with speakers
Summary of Accommodation:
• The interior layout has two removal berths in the forepeak which can be left open. A roomy one piece one piece moulded head is between the forepeak and the bow cabin.
• The main cabin offers a practical solution to the cruising with a large well thought out galley equipped with an oven, a deep sink with pressure water and plan ty of storage space for food. Opposite to the galley is possibly the largest ice box yet to be seen on a yacht of this size.
• Aft of the galley the living accommodations have been equipped to suit the needs of the offshore race with a practical bench seats port and starboard in the saloon. The hinged seat backs also fold up to form a comfortable sea berths.
• Amidships in the saloon is a large leaf table which has deep storage bin and is mounted on a sturdy stainless steel hoop for easy removal.
• Three spreader aluminium mast – checked 2017
• Mast rewired 2011
• Shrouds replaced 2017
• Diagonals replaced 2008
• Harken genoa furler
• New jib tracks, old genoa tracks available
• Rod vang
• German mainsheet system with full width cockpit track
• Carbon fibre extended spinnaker pole – ORC optimised
• Harken spinnaker pole track on mast – 2017
• Spinlock XS clutches - 2017
• Navtec hydraulic adjuster for Spectra backstay – replaced 2013
• All running rigging from 2015/2016
• 2x Harken 44ST 2-speed self-tailing cockpit winches
• 2x Harken 48 3-speed primary winches
• 2x Harken 44ST 2-speed self-tailing control line winches at companionway
• Quantum carbon mainsail - 2015
• Montefusco carbon mainsail – 2013
• Spydertech Kevlar mainsail – 2009
• Hood Sails Dacron fully-battened cruising mainsail
• Quantum carbon light jib - 2015
• Spydertech Kevlar genoa – 2008
• Montefusco light jib
• Montefusco medium jib – 2014
• La Veleria carbon Kevlar heavy jib – 2008
• Spydertech Kevlar light jib – 2008
• Quantum 0.50oz spinnaker – 2015
• La Veleria 0.75oz spinnaker - 2015
• Montefusco 0.50oz spinnaker - 2014
• 3x Hood Sails 0.50oz spinnakers with 1x sock – 2008
• Hot and cold shower in the cockpit
• Bathing ladder
Anchoring & Mooring:
• 12vDC electric anchor windlass
• Bruce 15kgs anchor with 60m of 6mm chain
Covers, Cushions & Canvas:
• Mainsail cover
• Cockpit cover
General note on safety equipment: Any safety equipment such as liferafts, Epirbs, fire extinguishers and flares etc. are usually personal to the current owner(s) and if being left on-board as part of the sale of a used vessel may require routine servicing, replacement, or changing to meet a new owners specific needs.
• Liferaft to be serviced in 2018
• RINA inspected until end in 2022
Viewing arrangementsLying Nr. Ancona, Italy
Available to view strictly by appointment
Office Hours Mon- Fri 0900 – 17.00
Saturday by prior appointment
For more information or to arrange a viewing please contact us.
Please Note: Due to the varying locations of our yachts, your travel time and the distances that may be involved, we recommend that you only make arrangements to view if you are actively considering purchase.
Lead Broker: Michele Antonini – Grabau International (Italia)
Tel: +39 333 74 89 281
Grabau International offers the details of all vessels in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information or warranty the condition of any vessel and the details do not constitute a part of any contract. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. All vessels are offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice. Grabau International provides professional yacht conveyancing and legal transfer of title for all yachts as per the ABYA Code of Practice with all deposit payments and final balance payments processed through secure dedicated client accounts solely for that purpose. Our dedicated client accounts are written in trust at Natwest Bank and we are fully insured.