1993 X-YACHTS X-412 MODERN
€98,000 tax paid
Nicely updated X-412 Modern
|Manufacturer/Model||X-Yachts X-412 Modern|
|New or Used||Used|
|Tax/VAT Status||Tax paid|
|Engine||Volvo 2003T 43hp|
|Keel Type||Fin Keel|
|Drinking Water Capacity||500l|
DescriptionLate Mk1 X-412 with Modern layout and a very good spec including teak decks, furling code zero, recent Kevlar sails and updated electronics
FURTHER BROKER’S COMMENTS:
A late Mk1 X-412, ZAPHOD also benefits from the popular ‘Modern’ layout plan which features three double cabins, 2-heads, a large saloon and a linear galley along the starboard side.
Originally ordered in 1992 for delivery at the beginning of the 1993 season, ZAPHOD was configured for twin handed cruiser racing and family sailing. In her original ownership, she went on to score a first in the AZAB (Azores and Back) and fastest over the water in the Triangle Race. Following this, she had a more leisurely life cruising the UK and Med with 6-8 months a year spent ashore and out of commission.
Purchased by her current owner in the UK in 2006, she headed north to Scandinavia where she has been cruised around the West Coast of Sweden.
Much updated by her current owner, ZAPHOD is now offered for sale at a very realistic price to make way for a much larger yacht. Her recent updates include:-
• New spray hood, cockpit cover and new wheel cover in light grey with a dark blue liner to optimize her for cruising.
• Epoxy treatment and epoxy copper coat treatment
• New soleboards in 2011 which have been newly varnished
• An updated autopilot with increased electronic pulsing and a remote control
• Two furlers. One for a No.3 genoa and the other is the Code-Zero fuller with light weight sheets.
• New Fusion radio with outdoor speakers
• The teak deck was newly restored and recaulked.
• New marine toilets.
• New shower bilge pump.
ZAPHOD is very well maintained and is today a much better boat as when she was bought, and with new sails she also sail much better.
Yachting Monthly Magazine tested a 1998 example of the X-412 in their October 2010 edition and gave the yacht one of the highest ever overall test scores – 91 out of 100. Highlights of the test included:-
"A wolf in wolf's clothing. From her rakish bow to the magnificent sheerline aft, from her tall rig to her low aspect coachroof, she is a thoroughbred sailing machine."
PERFORMANCE 10/10 She's a slippery boat and can be thrown around any which way with ease. When the going gets tough a boat with a full long keel will keep her canvas on longer than the X-412, but that said, the longkeeler will struggle to out-perform this boat in a breeze.
AT THE HELM - 10/10 Her low profile coachroof gives unobstructed views forward and her 150cm diameter wheel is fingertip responsive. She also has an emergency tiller, which can be mounted on top of the rudder bearing.
DECK LAYOUT - 10/10 Her clean decks offer welcome space for crew working in heavy weather. All halyards are led to the cockpit. Her large wheel - while designed for race tweaking - is very comfortable while cruising too.
DESIGN & CONSTRUCTION - 10/10 She's built like a battleship and will take any amount of punishment. Her shallow forefoot gives her great manoeuvrability, while the ample rocker prevents any wandering to leeward on the wind.
MAINTENANCE - 10/10 The sail drive is accessed via panels in the aft cabins and at the companionway steps, where you find the drive belt and all filters. There is also good access to beneath the engine sump. Access to the chainplates is via the forward cabin and the saloon.
CHART TABLE - 9/10 The X-412's chart table is a cosy fit for the average sized fellow and all instrumentation has been shoe-horned in neatly. There is ample stowage room for all the paraphernalia
GALLEY - 8/10 With the galley located amidships, the motion is steadier for cooking underway. The two-burner stove with oven, double stainless steel sinks, plus top loading fridge all add to the high score.
HEADS - 6/10 The forward head is roomy and well thought-out, with grabrails & hellip;
LIVING BELOW - 10/10 Accommodation below is a relaxing vista of soft curves in polished teak and veneers. The grain of her joinery runs in perpendicular lines to complement the cherry and oak layout of her saloon sole.
TOTAL SCORE - 91/100 Lean and hungry-looking she may be, but there is nothing wanting in her performance, below decks living, or construction.
• RCD Status: Our understanding is that the yacht is exempt from the essential safety requirements of Directive 94/25EC (Recreational Craft Directive) as she was built and placed into use within the EU prior to 1998.
• Hand build GRP construction with a steel construction to support rigging
• White with dark blue style lines. Style lines repainted 2013
• Grey antifouling
• Hull taken back to gelcoat and two layers of epoxy and 4-5 layers of epoxy copper coat applied – 2017-18
Deck & Superstructure Construction:
• Teak in cockpit and side decks – recently fully restored and recaulked.
Keel & Rudder:
• Standard draft 2.10m
• Lead keel with high ballast bulb bolted to GRP with acid resistant stainless steel bolts
• Spade GRP rudder with stainless steel stock and self-aligning plastic roller upper and lower bearings (new bearings 2009)
Engine & gearbox:
• Volvo Penta 2003T 43hp turbo-charged diesel engine
• Fresh water cooling
• Saildrive gearbox
Maintenance & Performance:
• Engine hours: approx. 2,600 as of Summer 2019
• Engine serviced annually
• Cruising speed approx. 7 knots
• Max speed approx. 10 knots
• Turbo checked and cleaned 2014
• Fresh water cooling checked and cleaned 2014
• Saildrive diaphragm replaced - 2009
Propulsion & Steering:
• Two-bladed folding propeller
• Wheel steering with large diameter stainless steel wheel
• Elk hide covering on helm wheel – replaced 2015
• Emergency steering gear
• 12vDC domestic system with 220vAC via shorepower
• X-Yachts DC fuse panel
• DC switchboard
• 1x 85Ah 12vDC engine start battery – 2015
• 1x 150Ah 12vDC service battery - 2016
• Engine mounted alternator
• 220vAC battery charger – replaced 2018
• 300w inverter
• 220v Shorepower socket
• 3x 12vDC sockets
• 3x 220vAC sockets
PLUMBING & GAS SYSTEMS
• Hot and cold pressurised water system
• Water heater with 220V shore power system
• Two electric bilge pumps (2015/2016)
• One manual pump, in cockpit.
• Shower sump pump replaced 2018
• Shower system on bathing platform
• One Carbon fibre large gas tank, with low placed outlet
• Gas system overhauled - 2016
• Gas leakage monitor - 2016
• Internal electric gas solenoid - 2013
• 120 litre fuel capacity in one stainless steel tank
• Analogue fuel tank gauge at navigation table
• 500 litres fresh water capacity in large plastic tank under sofa in saloon
• Analogue fuel tank gauge at navigation table
• Stainless steel black water (septic tank) holding tank, out-let on deck.
• Three-way separator for direct outlet and septic tank outlet
NAVIGATION & COMMUNICATION EQUIPMENT
• Raymarine ST6002 autopilot with type 2 linear drive – updated
• Raymarine autopilot remote control
• Raymarine wind
• Nexus NXR speed and depth
• Lowrance plotter and depth
• Steering Compass at helm
• Lowrance VHF (2013)
• Handheld ICOM VHF
• New ENO (2106) gas cooker with twin burners and oven
• Top opened refrigerator with freezer
• Two toilets with shower
• Jabsco manual heads
• New mirrors 2016/2019
Heating & Ventilation:
• Artec diesel heater
• Ventilation outlet in roof
• LED light all over the boat, except part of running light
• Halogen lights in wardrobes
• Stereo (Fusion, 2016) in saloon
• Fusion Loud speakers in cockpit
Summary of Accommodation:
• Modern layout, longitudinal galley, 3 cabins.
• Interior wood work finished in teak with hand polished satin finish
• Soleboards replaced 2011 and recently revarnished
• New curtains and boat side panels (2016)
• Standard three spreader Aluminium Sparcraft mast and boom.
• Rod Vang Benns (2017)
• Navtec hydraulic backstay adjuster
• Mainsheet track in cockpit with traveller adjustment
• 2-speed mainsheet
• Harken genoa furler
• Low friction ball-bearing batten cars on mast
• Rod backstay
• Check stays (Dyneema 2015)
• Dyneema inner forestay
• Spinnaker pole in carbon fibre, white painted
• Gennaker pole
• Karver furler for code zero - 2016
• 2x Lewmar 52ST 2-speed manual self-tailing primary winches
• 2x Lewmar 43ST 2-speed manual self-tailing secondary winches in cockpit
• 2x Lewmar 43ST 2-speed manual self-tailing control line winches in cockpit
• Saturn Sails – Fully Battened Mainsail – Smoke Kevlar - 2014
• Saturn Sails – Furling Code Zero - 2016
• Furling No.3 genoa
• Gennaker in bag
• Spinnaker in bag
• Stainless pulpit widened 2016
• Stainless Push pit (two seats added 2016)
• Mid ship boarding gates
• Hot and cold water shower on bathing platform
• Stainless steel grip handles
Anchoring & Mooring:
• 12vDC electric anchor windlass
• Large front anchor and second anchor in the back, both Bruce anchors
• Fenders with cover in blue
Srayhoods, Covers & Canvas:
• Sprayhood (2016)
• Cockpit (2016)
• Wheel cover (2016)
• Sail cover (2015)
• Genoa cover (2015)
• Throwing line
• Life buoys
• Fire Blanket
Viewing arrangementsLying Kungshamn, Sweden
Available to view strictly by appointment
Office Hours Mon- Fri 0900 – 17.00
Saturday by prior appointment
For more information or to arrange a viewing please contact us.
Tel: +44 (0)1590 673715
Please note all our yachts are privately owned and actively for sale. Due to the varying marina locations of our yachts , your travel time and distances involved, please only make travel arrangements to view if you are actively considering purchase.
Grabau International offers the details of all vessels in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information or warranty the condition of any vessel and the details do not constitute a part of any contract. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. All vessels are offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice. Grabau International provides professional yacht conveyancing and legal transfer of title for all yachts as per the ABYA Code of Practice with all deposit payments and final balance payments processed through secure dedicated client accounts solely for that purpose. Our dedicated client accounts are written in trust at Natwest Bank and we are fully insured.