Classic Scandinavian-built performance cruiser from X-Yachts in Denmark. Launched in 1991 and with just two private owners since new. Ideal for bluewater cruising, performance cruising or club racing.
FURTHER BROKER’S COMMENTS:
Launched in 1991, DURLINDANA II is hull no.4 of 17 of the hugely popular Niels Jeppesen-designed X-Yachts X-512 built between 1990 and 1995. Now under her second private ownership, DURLINDANA II is particularly attractive thanks to her three cabins, three heads interior layout and forepeak that can be converted to a crew cabin.
Her specification highlights include:
• 3-cabin, 2-head layout
• Crew cabin in the forepeak
• Standard 2,80m keel version
• 2-speed Andersen electric winches
• Teak deck
• White hull
• 88hp Yanmar engine
• Face forward chart table
• L-shape galley
• Ensuite owner heads with separate shower box
• Eberspacher air heater
• 60 litres per hours water maker
• Carbon fibre folding passerelle
The X-512 has her niche in today's demanding market. The ideas behind the development of her hull, deck, keel, interior and rig have been weighed and analysed for more than three years. Finally, the launching of this Superyacht is a reality. The X-512 is designed and built to be an ultimate high performance offshore yacht - optimized to meet the demands of the discerning owner.
Both hull and deck are built of the most modern materials ... not necessarily the most economical production wise – hand layed up laminates, the use of isotalic polyester, biax and triaxial layers, both hull and deck, sandwich constructions. All heavy items such as engine, generator, batteries, and tanks are all grouped as closely as possible to the yachts centre. The keel is of specially hardened lead, the rudder stock couched in double roller bearings for optimal "feel", the rudder post is a special double tapered aluminium, allowing perfect blade profile.
Production Years: 1990 — 1995
Number Built: 17
Our understanding is that the vessel is exempt from the requirements of the RCD as she was first placed into service within the EEA prior to June 1998.
• White GRP hull laminated in polyester resin, hand laid-up with a foam-cored sandwich construction.
• Solid laminate around deck fittings with embedded alloy plate
• Solid laminate at all through-hull fittings, keel frame and rudder fittings
• Galvanised steel matrix transferring rig and keel loads
• Dark blue deckhouse stripes
• Dark blue hull stripers
Deck & Superstructure Construction:
• GRP deck laminated in isophthalic polyester resin, hand laid-up with a sandwich construction.
• Exposed deck surfaces finished in white gelcoat
• Teak deck, cockpit sole and seating, bathing platform and deck – caulking replaced in 2014
Keel & Rudder:
• Ballast fin keel with iron fin and lead bulb
• GRP rudder blade with aluminium rudder stock and low-friction needle bearings
Engine & gearbox:
• Yanmar 4JH2-DTE 4 Cylinder, vertical, 4cycle water-cooled diesel engine providing 88HP @ 3,200 rpm.
• Freshwater engine cooling using raw water inlet and heat exchanger.
• Mechanic throttle in the cockpit.
• Engine hours: approx. 2,000 as of summer 2023
Propulsion & Steering:
• Twin helm wheels column in the cockpit
• 3-bladed folding propeller
• Propeller shaft
• Emergency steering gear
• 12vDC primary domestic system with 12vDC start circuit and 230v AC via shorepower or inverter
• 1x 12vDC engine start battery – 2021
• 1x 12vDC generator start battery – 2021
• 12x 12vDC Optima Gel services batteries – 2021
Charging / Inverter:
• Quick 80amp battery charger
• 12vDC amp engine mounted alternator
• 2x 175watt solar panel with dedicated battery charger
PLUMBING & GAS SYSTEMS
• 12vDC pressure system
• Hot water supplied via engine cooling with calorifier or via 220vAC immersion heater element
• Hot & cold pressurised water to galley, heads and shower
• 1x electric bilge pump with control at chart table
• 1x manual bilge pump
• Approx. 320 litres diesel capacity in stainless steel tanks
• Approx. 570 litres fresh water capacity in stainless steel tanks
NAVIGATION & COMMUNICATION EQUIPMENT
In the cockpit:
• Raymarine HybdridTouch chartplotter – 2014
• 2x Raymarine ST60 wind
• 2x Raymarine ST60 tridata
• Raymarine ST7002 autopilot Control Head
• 2x Compasses
At the chart table:
• Raymarine HybridTouch chartplotter – 2014
• Raytheon Radar display
• Portable VHF
• Twin stainless steel sinks with hot & cold pressurised water supply.
• 3-burner gimballed gas cooker with oven
• Approx. 150 litres Top-opening fridge
• Approx. 140 litres front opening fridge
• Salt water supply with dedicated pump
• Jabsco manual seawater heads
• Heads shower with hot & cold pressurised hand-held shower head
• Stereo with cockpit speakers
• LCD TV in the saloon
• Epersbacher air heater
Summary of Accommodation:
• Up to 6 berths in total three cabins, plus saloon, along with three heads and sail locker in forepeak that can be used as a crew cabin
• The large main cabin enables nine guests to dine comfortably around the oval table.
• The comfortable, classic navigation face forward area has space for every modern navigational installation, switchboard for the yachts electrical installations, as well as shore-power.
• Practical L shape galley along the starboard side of the saloon.
• White painted fractional rigged with aluminium mast with three spreaders and aluminium boom.
• Stainless steel wings for sail support on the boom
• Stainless steel discontinuous rod rigging – replaced 2014
• Hydraulic backstay adjuster
• Running backstays
• Spinnaker pole
• Carbon fibre bowsprit for gennaker
• Mainsheet system with cockpit with fine adjust
• Adjustable mainsheet track in cockpit
• Halyards led aft to companionway winches
• Rod vang adjustable from cockpit
• Lazy jacks and lazy bag
• 2x Andersen 64 ST - 2 Speed electric winches
• 2x Harken 53 ST – 2 Speed electric winches
• 2x Harken 48 ST – 2 Speed manual winches
• Main sail full batten Carbo-Kevlar – 2020
• Furling jib Carbo-Kevlar – 2020
• Main sail full batten kevlar
• Furling jib Kevlar
• 3x symmetric spinnaker
• Asymmetric gennaker
• Other dacron sails
• Stainless pulpit and pushpit
• Stern boarding ladder
• Carbon fibre folding passerelle.
Anchoring & Mooring:
• Aluminium Bruce Anchor with ??m chain
• Lofrans 1000W anchor windlass
Covers & Canvas:
• Cockpit and coachroof cushions
• Spray hood and bimini
• Sun awning
• Windows covers
• Winches and steering wheels covers
General note on safety equipment: Any safety equipment such as liferafts, Epirbs, fire extinguishers and flares etc. are usually personal to the current owner(s) and if being left on-board as part of the sale of a used vessel may require routine servicing, replacement, or changing to meet a new owners specific needs.
Olbia, Sardinia, Italy
Available to view strictly by appointment
Office Hours Mon- Fri 0900 – 17.00
Saturday by prior appointment
For more information or to arrange a viewing please contact us.
Please Note: Due to the varying locations of our yachts, your travel time and the distances that may be involved, we recommend that you only make arrangements to view if you are actively considering purchase.
Lead broker : Michele Antonini
Tel: +39 3337489281
Grabau International offers the details of all vessels in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information or warranty the condition of any vessel and the details do not constitute a part of any contract. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. All vessels are offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice. Grabau International provides professional yacht conveyancing and legal transfer of title for all yachts as per the ABYA Code of Practice with all deposit payments and final balance payments processed through secure dedicated client accounts solely for that purpose. Our dedicated client accounts are written in trust at Natwest Bank and we are fully insured.