2006 X-YACHTS X-55
€349,000 tax paid
BRING ALL OFFERS - MUST BE SOLD!
|New or Used||Used|
|Tax/VAT Status||Tax paid|
|Engine||Yanmar 4JH4-HTE 110hp|
|Keel Type||Fin Keel|
|Drinking Water Capacity||550l|
DescriptionLaunched 2007. Huge spec, professionally maintained, and very well presented X-55 with carbon rig and Park Avenue boom. Almost every possible option ticked including generator, watermaker, air-con, heating, bowthruster, electric winches and so on.
FURTHER BROKER’S COMMENTS:
IL COLORE DEL VENTO is a beautifully-presented one owner example of ‘European Yacht of the Year’ winning X-Yachts X-55. Professionally maintained by a former America’s Cup sailor and industry profession and fitted out with a huge specification for fast and comfortable cruising and competitive club racing, IL COLORE DEL VENTO ticks pretty much every possible box.
Launched in 2007, during her short life, IL COLORE DEL VENTO has been used for a combination of family cruising (approx 3 weeks a year in the Adriatic area) and club racing with friends, where she has proven to be hugely competitive with numerous line honours and overall wins.
Her specification highlights include:-
• 3-cabin, 3-head layout plus additional crew cabin/head forward
• 2.90m medium draft keel option
• Nordic Masts carbon fibre mast with carbon Park Avenue boom
• Millenium Sails carbon sail wardrobe plus both symmetric and asymmetric spinnakers
• Harken electric winch package
• Yanmar 110hp engine
• 3-bladed folding prop
• Retractable bowthruster
• 24vDC domestic system
• Kohler 6.5kw generator
• Spectra watermaker
• Reverse-cycle air-conditioning
• Eberspacher diesel heating
• Fridge and fridge/freezer
• Electric heads
• Holding tanks
• Complete B&G Hercules H3000 instrument package with mast-mounted 20/20’s
• Raymarine radar plotter
• Marine PC
• Teak decks
• Sprayhood and bimini
• Carbon passarelle
IL COLOURE DEL VENTO is now offered for immediate sale at a very attractive as her owner has a new yacht in build.
Elegant, fast and comfortable, the X-55 is the yacht designed to fulfil your dreams and enhance your passion. The keywords are speed, style and innovation, without compromise. Pure aesthetic pleasure with exceptional performance; designed by craftsmen and top sailors to enable you and your family days of relaxation and pleasurable cruising, whilst taking the ambitious racing sailor first over the finish line.
A sheer delight to sail. With the extremely light cable steering, it is possible to steer her lightly and sensitively with one hand while sitting on the side deck; the view of the telltales on the head sails are perfect from either helm position.
Safety and strength are of vital importance to our naval engineers. All X-Yachts are built in accordance with the European CE-Certification and fulfil the standards of the ABS Hull Certification. The core feature of X-Yachts is the legendary hot-galvanised high-strength steel bottom frame: just ask any X-Yacht owner.
The long foredeck and the short distinctive coach roof make the deck layout look clean, elegant and timeless. We pay attention to detail and some of the notable features that emphasis this are the newly designed flush curved deck hatches as well as the anchor launch system, allowing you to anchor easily in every bay whether you wish to stop for a swim or stay overnight.
The X-55 gives you the feel of being in complete control behind the large steering wheels, while the yacht, with her harmonious hull lines, is gliding smoothly through the water. All control lines are led back under deck to the two halyard winches mounted on the coach roof, and a dedicated halyard cockpit locker has been integrated in the cockpit floor. The neatly recessed sprayhood is easily unfolded.
The functional cockpit offers ideal conditions for handling the yacht, as well as relaxing while at sea or in port. Harmony of form and function is the defining feature of an X-Yacht, guaranteeing you the pure pleasure of sailing. Ample storage facilities are provided in the two large cockpit lockers at the rear. For safety reasons the cockpit compartment fits a life raft, and all lines are led under deck. Elegant cleats and the under deck Genoa furler are further examples of exquisite details that make all the difference.
The detailed workmanship, the carefully selected teak veneers and the furniture fittings built to the highest standards, all mirror the ambitions and attitude of X-Yachts. In the spacious saloon with plenty of natural and artificial light, and the perfectly equipped galley, you and your guests can enjoy a relaxing dinner after a pleasant day on the water.
The gracefully curved, unvarnished teak steps of the companionway descend to the elegant saloon. Fashionable shaped handrails and convenient furniture edges provide security as you move about below deck, or you can sit in comfort at the large and beautifully crafted dining table surrounded by a sofa. The comfortable nav station is designed to accommodate all navigational instruments and communication equipment.
The modern approach of having the wood grain running horizontally, and the vertical ventilation corner posts, are examples of attractive Scandinavian styling pioneered by X-Yachts innovative in-house interior architects. Only the best choice of yachting materials are used; for example the floorboards made of 20 mm Honeycomb with outer panels of teak plywood, and the Oceanair blinds integrated in the deck head sealing panels.
The forward owner’s cabin, with its large double berth and ample storage space, provides you with the luxury X-Yachts strives for; whilst the aft cabins, with separate heads, allow your guests or crew to retreat into their own comfortable quarters to relax and enjoy life on board.
The X-55 is the proud winner of the title “European Yacht of the Year 2007”. A member of the jury said: “The X-55 is one of the few boats in the market that satisfies both the regatta sailor and the long-distance cruiser.”
Production Years: 2005 — 2012 - Number Built: 34
“Despite the best attempts of many imitators, there’s no doubt that X-Yachts still retains its long-held reputation as undisputed leader of the cruiser-racer segment. Each new model remains faithful to the company’s well-established principles but somehow manages to add a little extra to the pleasure of sailing.
The new 55 is now the top end of X-Yachts’ production range. Beyond that length, the Xs are built as semi-customs, tailored to meet their owners’ specifications, as were the imposing X-73 and the recent new generation Mediterranean cruiser the IMX 70. However, in terms of philosophy, aesthetics and design, the 55 is an X-Yacht through and through. In fact, it’s one of the best models in the entire range. “
Fare Vela Magazine
AccommodationPlus Crew Cabin
• The yacht is built to CE Boat Category A-ocean, with “Det Norske Veritas” as the Notified Body.
• Hull and deck are built in a sandwich construction of vinylester and isolatic polyester resin and biaxial E-glass fabric.
• Core material is 25-30mm compressed Divinycell with a density of 80-120kg/ m3.
• Solid laminate is used around the keel, rudder and throughhull fittings for maximum strength.
• X-Yachts integrated galvanised steel girder system, accepting loads from the keel and rig, laminated to hull and bulkheads.
• White gelcoat topsides with dark X-Yachts stripes.
Deck & Superstructure Construction:
• Teak on cockpit sole and seats – recently replaced
• Teak on side decks
• Teak on central part of coachroof
• GRP instrument console over sliding hatch for instruments
Keel & Rudder:
• The keel consists of an antimony hardened lead bulb with a cast iron fin for high strength and low centre of gravity.
• The keel is protected with a layer of GRP and faired with polyester filler for improved effectiveness.
• GRP balanced rudder blade
Engine & gearbox:
• Yanmar 4JH4-HTE 4 cylinder turbo-charged diesel engine producing 110hp
• Yanmar reduction gearbox
• Freshwater engine cooling using raw water inlet and heat exchanger.
• Water-cooled exhaust system in reinforced rubber hose through silencer and appropriate fitting.
• Single lever throttle/gear control
Maintenance & Performance:
• Engine hours – approx 1,500 as of March 2018
• Date of last engine service: Engine serviced annually
• Turbo-charger replaced 2017
Propulsion & Steering:
• Twin Jeffa carbon fibre helm wheels
• 3-bladed Flex-O-Fold feathering propeller
• MAX Power VIP 150 24vDC retractable bowthruster with control at helm pedestal
• Emergency steering gear
• 24vDC primary domestic system with 12vDC start circuit and 230v AC via shorepower, generator or inverter
• 1x 12vDC 55Ah engine and generator start battery - 2018
• 8x 12vDC 120Ah service batteries joined in parallel and series to supply 4810h @ 24vDC
• Kohler 6.5kw 220vAC diesel generator
• Generator hours – approx 350 as of March 2018
• Date of last generator service – serviced annually
Charging / Inverter:
• Mastervolt MASS Combi 24/2000 – 60A combination battery charger and inverter
• Mastervolt battery monitor with inverter control, at nav station
• 12vDC engine-mounted alternator for charging start battery
• 24vDC engine-mounted alternator for charging service bank
• X-Yachts’ main switchboard includes 30 automatic fuses, 3 analogue meters, one for monitoring actual voltage of service- and engine battery bank and two for monitoring actual level in fuel and water tanks.
• A 24 V DC system runs throughout the yacht. All cables are terminated in a "dry" GRP box fitted behind the electrical panel.
• 12vDC sockets
• 220vAC shore power system with 220vAC ring main and power sockets internally
PLUMBING & GAS SYSTEMS
• 24vDC pressure system with pressure pump and accumulator tank
• Hot water supplied via engine cooling with 40 litre calorifier or via 230vAC immersion heater element from shore power
• Hot & cold pressurised water to galley, heads and shower at stern platform
• 24vDC Spectra Newport 700 MkII reverse-osmosis watermaker producing approx 110 litres per hour
• Manual bilge pump in cockpit
• High capacity electric bilge pump with manual override at DC panel
• 4x 24vDC shower drain pumps
• Gas locker in separate drained compartment
• Saltwater anchor chain washdown in bow locker
• The fuel tank capacity of 400 litres in two aluminium fuel tanks
• VDO analogue tank level gauge, deck fill, separator incl. filter and shut off valve.
• 550 litres fresh water capacity in 2x stainless steel tanks
• Analogue water tank gauges at chart table
• Holding tanks for each heads
• Tanks discharge directly overboard or via deck evacuation point.
NAVIGATION & COMMUNICATION EQUIPMENT
• B&G H3000 Hercules system with wind, speed, depth and rudder angle transducers with displays at companionway
• 5x B&G H3000 20/20 multi-repeaters at mast
• B&G H3000 ACP 2 Gyro rate autopilot
• Suunto lit steering compass at helm pedestal
At Chart Table:
• Raymarine E80 colour GPS radar charplotter with closed array radar scanner side-mounted on mast
• Marine PC with LCD screen at chart table with GPS and plotter functionality
• D-Link Wi-Fi access point
• Simrad RS82 VHF with DSC
• Second station for VHF in cockpit
• Twin stainless steel sinks with single lever mixing tap.
• Techimpex 3-burner stove with oven and grill
• Isotherm 24vDC water cooled freezing, top opening box
• Isotherm 24vDC 85L fridge, front opening
• 1x Tecma 24vDC electric heads for master cabin heads
• 2x Jabsco manual marine heads for guest cabins with electric valves
• 1x Jabsco manual marine crew cabin heads
• Heads showers in all heads with automatic temperature control and electric pump out
Heating & Ventilation:
• HFL 220vAC reverse-cycle air-conditioning system
• Eberspacher Hydronic diesel-fired hot air/water heating system with outlets in all cabins
• Ventilation consisting of opening skylights, dorade and opening portlights
• Samsung LCD TV in saloon with DVD
• Sony CD/Radio with speakers
• Pioneer stereo system with speakers in saloon and 2 x waterproof speakers in cockpit
Summary of Accommodation:
• Aft cockpit layout with three double cabins, each with ensuite heads, plus further crew cabin in forepeak with ensuite heads and shower.
• The yacht’s wooden interior is teak in hand polished satin finish. All carpentry is carried out in accordance with best yacht practice.
• The honeycomb-cored floorboards are made with 4 mm teak surfaces and allow access to the bilge, whereas the companionway steps are laminated curved teak with no lacquer for improved grip.
• White synthetic stone counters in galley and heads
• Teak fiddles between galley and seating area and also galley area facing chart table
• Blue leather upholstery in saloon dinette and chart table
• White leather upholstery to starboard saloon settee
• Mattress covers in blue cloth
• Two additional dining chairs in saloon
• Oceanair blinds for deckhead hatches and side-ports
• Nordic Mast carbon fibre mast, keel-stepped, fractional-rigged with 3-sets of swept-back spreaders – black
• Nordic Mast Park Avenue carbon fibre boom – black
• Rod standing rigging – 2007 – rig removed and professionally checked 2012
• Rod vang with multi-purchase block & tackle adjustment
• Jib/genoa tracks adjustable from cockpit
• Spinnaker equipment consisting of: Slider and freely adjustable block system for mast end fitting and operation of spinnaker pole, extra long carbon spinnaker pole with deck shoes.
• Spinnaker uphaul and downhaul
• Tackline for gennaker
• Spectra sheets and guys
• Navtec hydraulic backstay
• Lazyjacks and stack-pack bag
• German mainsheet system with full cockpit width mainsheet traveller
• Low-friction batten-car sliders for mainsail on mast-mounted track
• Reckman sub-deck furler for genoa
• 2x Harken 74.2 2-speed electric self-tailing primary winches
• 2x Harken 70.2 2-speed self-tailing mainsheet winches (electric on port side)
• 2x Harken 53.2 2-speed self-tailing halyard winches (electric on starboard side)
• Millenium Sails carbon laminate mainsail – 2013
• Millenium Sails carbon laminate genoa – 2013
• Millenium Sails carbon racing jib – 2013
• Millenium Sails taffeta cruising mainsail - 2007
• Millenium Sails gennaker with sock – 2014
• Millenium Sails symmetric spinnaker - 2007
• Double lifelines with gates in lifelines each side amidship and on transom.
• Midships boarding gates
• Carbon fibre passarelle
• Cockpit table
Anchoring & Mooring:
• Anchor launch system - mechanical operated deck recessed anchor launch system
• Lofrans 24vDC electric anchor windlass with chain counter
• Anchor with chain
• Fenders and warps
Covers, Cushions & Canvas:
• Wheel covers
• Stackpack mainsail cover
• Cockpit cushions
Tender & Outboard:
• Zodiac 340FR dinghy
• 8HP Yamaha outboard (outboard storage bracket in starboard lazzarette)
General note on safety equipment: Any safety equipment such as liferafts, Epirbs, fire extinguishers and flares etc. are usually personal to the current owner(s) and if being left on-board as part of the sale of a used vessel may require routine servicing, replacement, or changing to meet a new owners specific needs.
Viewing arrangementsLying Chioggia, Nr. Venice, Italy
Available to view strictly by appointment
Office Hours Mon- Fri 0900 – 17.00
Saturday by prior appointment
For more information or to arrange a viewing please contact us.
Please Note: Due to the varying locations of our yachts, your travel time and the distances that may be involved, we recommend that you only make arrangements to view if you are actively considering purchase.
Tel: +44 (0)1590 673715
Grabau International offers the details of all vessels in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information or warranty the condition of any vessel and the details do not constitute a part of any contract. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. All vessels are offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice. Grabau International provides professional yacht conveyancing and legal transfer of title for all yachts as per the ABYA Code of Practice with all deposit payments and final balance payments processed through secure dedicated client accounts solely for that purpose. Our dedicated client accounts are written in trust at Natwest Bank and we are fully insured.