2007 X-YACHTS X-55
€370,000 tax paid
Professionally maintained X-55
|New or Used||Used|
|Tax/VAT Status||Tax paid|
|Lying||Palma de Mallorca, Spain|
|Engine||Yanmar 4JH4-HTE 110hp|
|Keel Type||Fin Keel|
|Drinking Water Capacity||550l|
DescriptionFrom 2007, and with just two owners since new, QUICKSILVER is hull No.5 of the extremely popular and hugely versatile X-55 from the renowned Danish builder. Professionally maintained and boasting a huge spec including carbon rig, bow thruster, electric winches and so on.
FURTHER BROKER’S COMMENTS:
QUICKSILVER is a beautifully-presented one owner example of ‘European Yacht of the Year’ winning X-Yachts X-55. Delivered in 2007 and used for family cruising, she has always been professionally maintained and comes fitted out with a huge specification for both fast and comfortable cruising and competitive club racing.
Her specification highlights include: -
• 3-cabin, 3-head layout plus additional crew cabin/head forward
• 3.20m draft keel option
• Nordic Masts carbon fibre mast with aluminium boom
• North Sails and Quantum carbon/aramid sail wardrobe
• Harken electric winch package
• Yanmar 110hp engine
• 3-bladed folding prop
• Retractable bowthruster
• 24vDC domestic system
• Fridge and fridge/freezer
• Manual heads
• Holding tanks
• Complete Raymarine instrument package with B&G mast-mounted 20/20’s
• Raymarine radar plotter
• Teak decks
• Sprayhood and bimini
• Carbon passarelle
RECENT REFIT HISTORY:
• Engine full serviced 2020
• Last antifouling 2020
• Last sails service - 2019
• New Batteries 2020
• New Interior ceiling 2020
• New LED lights 2020
• New mattress in the port aft cabin 2021
• Osmosis treatment 2018
• Sails serviced annually
• Sea cocks 2018
• Teak re-caulking 2018
• Rig professionally inspected/ serviced 2014
QUICKSILVER is now offered for immediate sale
***** More photos and videos upon request *****
Elegant, fast and comfortable, the X-55 is the yacht designed to fulfil your dreams and enhance your passion. The keywords are speed, style and innovation, without compromise. Pure aesthetic pleasure with exceptional performance; designed by craftsmen and top sailors to enable you and your family days of relaxation and pleasurable cruising, whilst taking the ambitious racing sailor first over the finish line.
A sheer delight to sail. With the extremely light cable steering, it is possible to steer her lightly and sensitively with one hand while sitting on the side deck; the view of the telltales on the head sails are perfect from either helm position.
Safety and strength are of vital importance to our naval engineers. All X-Yachts are built in accordance with the European CE-Certification and fulfil the standards of the ABS Hull Certification. The core feature of X-Yachts is the legendary hot-galvanised high-strength steel bottom frame: just ask any X-Yacht owner.
The long foredeck and the short distinctive coach roof make the deck layout look clean, elegant and timeless. We pay attention to detail and some of the notable features that emphasis this are the newly designed flush curved deck hatches as well as the anchor launch system, allowing you to anchor easily in every bay whether you wish to stop for a swim or stay overnight.
The X-55 gives you the feel of being in complete control behind the large steering wheels, while the yacht, with her harmonious hull lines, is gliding smoothly through the water. All control lines are led back under deck to the two halyard winches mounted on the coach roof, and a dedicated halyard cockpit locker has been integrated in the cockpit floor. The neatly recessed sprayhood is easily unfolded.
The functional cockpit offers ideal conditions for handling the yacht, as well as relaxing while at sea or in port. Harmony of form and function is the defining feature of an X-Yacht, guaranteeing you the pure pleasure of sailing. Ample storage facilities are provided in the two large cockpit lockers at the rear. For safety reasons the cockpit compartment fits a life raft, and all lines are led under deck. Elegant cleats and the under deck Genoa furler are further examples of exquisite details that make all the difference.
The detailed workmanship, the carefully selected teak veneers and the furniture fittings built to the highest standards, all mirror the ambitions and attitude of X-Yachts. In the spacious saloon with plenty of natural and artificial light, and the perfectly equipped galley, you and your guests can enjoy a relaxing dinner after a pleasant day on the water.
The gracefully curved, unvarnished teak steps of the companionway descend to the elegant saloon. Fashionable shaped handrails and convenient furniture edges provide security as you move about below deck, or you can sit in comfort at the large and beautifully crafted dining table surrounded by a sofa. The comfortable nav station is designed to accommodate all navigational instruments and communication equipment.
The modern approach of having the wood grain running horizontally, and the vertical ventilation corner posts, are examples of attractive Scandinavian styling pioneered by X-Yachts innovative in-house interior architects. Only the best choice of yachting materials are used; for example the floorboards made of 20 mm Honeycomb with outer panels of teak plywood, and the Oceanair blinds integrated in the deck head sealing panels.
The forward owner’s cabin, with its large double berth and ample storage space, provides you with the luxury X-Yachts strives for; whilst the aft cabins, with separate heads, allow your guests or crew to retreat into their own comfortable quarters to relax and enjoy life on board.
The X-55 is the proud winner of the title “European Yacht of the Year 2007”. A member of the jury said: “The X-55 is one of the few boats in the market that satisfies both the regatta sailor and the long-distance cruiser.”
Production Years: 2005 — 2012 - Number Built: 34
“Despite the best attempts of many imitators, there’s no doubt that X-Yachts still retains its long-held reputation as undisputed leader of the cruiser-racer segment. Each new model remains faithful to the company’s well-established principles but somehow manages to add a little extra to the pleasure of sailing.
The new 55 is now the top end of X-Yachts’ production range. Beyond that length, the Xs are built as semi-customs, tailored to meet their owners’ specifications, as were the imposing X-73 and the recent new generation Mediterranean cruiser the IMX 70. However, in terms of philosophy, aesthetics and design, the 55 is an X-Yacht through and through. In fact, it’s one of the best models in the entire range. “
Fare Vela Magazine
• The yacht is built to CE Boat Category A-ocean, homologated for 14 people approved and licensed for 12 people in Spanish waters
• Hull and deck are built in a sandwich construction of vinyl ester and isophthalic polyester resin and biaxial E-glass fabric.
• Core material is 25-30mm compressed Divinycell with a density of 80-120kg/ m3.
• Solid laminate is used around the keel, rudder and through hull fittings for maximum strength.
• X-Yachts integrated galvanised steel girder system, accepting loads from the keel and rig, laminated to hull and bulkheads.
• White gelcoat topsides with dark X-Yachts stripes.
Deck & Superstructure Construction:
• Teak on cockpit sole and seats
• Teak on side decks
• Teak on central part of coach roof
• GRP instrument console over sliding hatch for instruments
Keel & Rudder:
• The keel consists of an antimony hardened lead bulb with a cast iron fin for high strength and low centre of gravity.
• The keel is protected with a layer of GRP and faired with polyester filler for improved effectiveness.
• GRP balanced rudder blade
Engine & gearbox:
• Yanmar 4JH4-HTE 4-cylinder turbo-charged diesel engine producing 110hp
• ZF reduction gearbox
• Freshwater engine cooling using raw water inlet and heat exchanger.
• Water-cooled exhaust system in reinforced rubber hose through silencer and appropriate fitting.
• Single lever throttle/gear control
• Tides marine Sureseal dripless shaft 2020
Maintenance & Performance:
• Engine hours – 10 hours since full engine rebuild as of July 2021
• Full engine service 2021: New Injection pump, New cylinder head, New fresh / salt water pump, New exchanger, New impeller, New oil, New filters
Propulsion & Steering:
• Twin Jeffa carbon fibre helm wheels
• 3 - bladed Flex-O-Fold feathering propeller
• MAX Power VIP 150 24vDC Super power retractable bowthruster with control at helm pedestal and engine throttle
• Emergency steering gear
• 24vDC primary domestic system with 12vDC start circuit and 230v AC via shorepower, generator or inverter
• 1 x 12vDC 50Ah Fulmen Formula FB500 engine and generator start battery – 2021
• 8 x 12vDC 120Ah Sonnenschein Gel service batteries 2021
Charging / Inverter:
• Mastervolt Chargemaster plus All-in-one battery charger 24/60-3
• Mastervolt Chargermaster engine battery charger 12/15-2 IP23
• Mastervolt Inverter Ond a Pura AC Master 24/2500W 230V
• Mastervolt battery monitor with inverter control
• 12vDC engine-mounted alternator for charging start battery
• 24vDC 80A engine-mounted alternator for charging service bank
• X-Yachts’ main switchboard includes 30 automatic fuses, 3 analogue meters, one for monitoring actual voltage of service- and engine battery bank and two for monitoring actual level in fuel and water tanks.
• A 24 V DC system runs throughout the yacht. All cables are terminated in a "dry" GRP box fitted behind the electrical panel.
• 12vDC sockets
• 220vAC shore power system with 220vAC ring main and power sockets internally
PLUMBING & GAS SYSTEMS
• 24vDC pressure system with pressure pump and accumulator tank
• Hot water supplied via engine cooling with 40 litre Isotemp calorifier or via 230vAC immersion heater element from shore power
• Hot & cold pressurised water to galley, heads and shower at stern platform from water heater and engine system
• Manual bilge pump in cockpit
• High capacity electric bilge pump with manual override at DC panel
• 3 x 24vDC shower drain pumps
• Gas locker in separate drained compartment
• 2 x security alarm and switch cut off
• Saltwater anchor chain washdown in bow locker
• The fuel tank capacity of 628 litres in two aluminium fuel tanks of 229 litres each plus day tank 170 litres with two independent pumps
• VDO analogue tank level gauge, deck fill, separator incl. filter and shut off valve.
• 550 litres fresh water capacity in 2 x stainless steel tanks of 246 litres each
• Analogue water tank gauges at chart table
• Holding tanks for each heads of 74 litres each
• Tanks discharge directly overboard or via deck evacuation point.
NAVIGATION & COMMUNICATION EQUIPMENT
• Raymarine E120 system with wind, speed, depth and rudder angle transducers with displays at companionway
• 3 x B&G H3000 20/20 multi-repeaters at mast
• 2 x B&G Hydra 2000 Wind, Speed, Depth Displays on top couch roof door
• 1 x Syncro wind direction Synchro Gatehouse Ltd Display on top couch roof door
• 1 x B&G Hydra Pilot autopilot at the helm
• 2 x Suunto lit steering compass at the two helm pedestal
At Chart Table:
• Raymarine E120 colour GPS radar charplotter with closed array radar scanner side-mounted on mast
• Raymarine C70
• Furuno Navtex NX-300
• 1 x B&G Remote vision controller
• Iridium phone installation
• Simrad RS87 VHF with DSC
• Second station for VHF in cockpit
• Twin stainless steel sinks with single lever mixing tap
• ENO Force 10 3-burner stove with oven and grill
• 24vDC water cooled fridge top opening box
• Isotherm 24vDC 85L fridge/freezing, front opening
• 1 x manual heads for master cabin heads
• 2 x Jabsco manual marine heads for guest cabins
• Heads showers in all heads with automatic temperature control and electric pump out
Heating & Ventilation:
• Ventilation consisting of opening skylights, dorade and opening portlights
• Ventilation fans in all cabins
• LG LCD TV in saloon 26’
• CD/Radio with speakers
• Pioneer stereo system with speakers in saloon and 2 x BOSS marine waterproof speakers in cockpit
Summary of Accommodation:
• Aft cockpit layout with three double cabins, each with ensuite heads, plus further bow space in forepeak (for a potential crew cabin)
• The yacht’s wooden interior is teak in hand polished satin finish. All carpentry is carried out in accordance with best yacht practice.
• The honeycomb-cored floorboards are made with 4 mm teak surfaces and allow access to the bilge, whereas the companionway steps are laminated curved teak with no lacquer for improved grip.
• White synthetic stone counters in galley and heads
• Teak fiddles between galley and seating area and also galley area facing chart table
• Blue leather upholstery in saloon dinette and chart table
• Mattress covers in blue cloth
• Two additional dining chairs in saloon
• Nordic Mast carbon fibre mast, keel-stepped, fractional-rigged with 3-sets of swept-back spreaders – white – Rig unstopped and professionally inspected - 2014
• Nordic Mast aluminium boom – white
• Rod standing rigging – 2007 – Rig professionally inspected - 2014
• Rod vang with multi-purchase block & tackle adjustment 2020
• Jib/genoa tracks adjustable from cockpit
• Spinnaker equipment consisting of: Slider and freely adjustable block system for mast end fitting and operation of spinnaker pole, extra long carbon spinnaker pole with deck shoes
• Spinnaker uphaul and downhaul
• Tackline for gennaker
• Spectra sheets and guys
• Navtec hydraulic backstay services 2020
• Lazyjacks and stack-pack bag
• German mainsheet system with full cockpit width mainsheet traveller
• Low-friction batten-car sliders for mainsail on mast-mounted track
• Reckman sub-deck furler for genoa
• 1 x Harken 53.2 2 - speed self-tailing halyard, topping lift, out-haul winches (electric on port side)
• 1 x Harken 53. 2 2- speed self-tailing halyard winches (manual self-tailing on starboard side)
• 1 x Harken 70.2 2 - speed self-tailing mainsheet winches (manual self-tailing on port side)
• 1 x Harken 70.2 2 - speed self-tailing mainsheet winches (electric on starboard side)
• 1 x Harken 74.3 2 - speed manual self-tailing primary winches
• North Sails 3DL carbon/aramid mainsail 3 reef and 5 reinforced batten - Very good shape – 2011 – Last service 2019
• North Sails 3DL carbon/aramid laminate 105% genoa – 2011 - Last service 2019
• North Sails asymmetric spinnaker – good shape – 2011 - Last service 2019
• Quantum sails Reacher asymmetric spinnaker (Torsional cable for Topdown furler and Karver swivel) - Good shape – 2011 - Last service 2019
• Foldable double bench seats at stern
• Double handrails with gates each side amidship and on transom
• Midships boarding gates
• Carbon fibre passarelle
• Cockpit table
Anchoring & Mooring:
• Anchor launch system - mechanical operated deck recessed anchor launch system
• Lofrans 24vDC 1500W electric anchor windlass with chain counter
• ULTRA Anchor 27 Kg (60 lbs) with 50m stainless steel chain
• Fenders and warps
Covers, Cushions & Canvas:
• Wheel covers
• Mainsail cover
• Cockpit cushions
General note on safety equipment: Any safety equipment such as liferafts, Epirbs, fire extinguishers and flares etc. are usually personal to the current owner(s) and if being left on-board as part of the sale of a used vessel may require routine servicing, replacement, or changing to meet a new owners specific needs.
Safety equipment for the ZONE 4 in the Spanish water zone
• 12 Life jackets SOLAS 150N
• 4 x Extinguisher
• Flares, rockets and smoke signal
• Fog signal
• Horse buoy
• Life buoy
• Radar reflector
• Water-proof light
Viewing arrangementsLying Palma de Mallorca, Spain
Available to view strictly by appointment
Office Hours Mon- Fri 0900 – 17.00
Saturday by prior appointment
For more information or to arrange a viewing please contact us.
Please Note: Due to the varying locations of our yachts, your travel time and the distances that may be involved, we recommend that you only make arrangements to view if you are actively considering purchase.
Lead Broker: Lucio Pellegrini
Tel: +34 675 236 174
Grabau International offers the details of all vessels in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information or warranty the condition of any vessel and the details do not constitute a part of any contract. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. All vessels are offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice. Grabau International provides professional yacht conveyancing and legal transfer of title for all yachts as per the ABYA Code of Practice with all deposit payments and final balance payments processed through secure dedicated client accounts solely for that purpose. Our dedicated client accounts are written in trust at Natwest Bank and we are fully insured.