Grabau International is delighted to announce its successful sale of the 1998-launched X-Yachts X-442 ‘XII BAR BLUES’.
A great performance cruiser example of the hugely popular Niels Jeppesen-designed X-Yachts X-442. Launched in 1998, and still in her original ownership, XII BAR BLUES is particularly appealing thanks to her excellent condition and comprehensive cruising specification. Used for just 2-3 months of each year, and having covered just 20,000 miles since launch, XII BAR BLUES is stored ashore when out of commission.
Her specification highlights include:
• 3-cabin, 2-head layout
• Custom interior arrangement with enlarged forepeak (to create potential crew cabin with pipecot)
• Teak decks
• White painted topsides
• Epoxy system for underwater sections
• Folding propeller
• Retractable bowthruster
• Recently upgraded AGM service batteries
• High output alternator
• Twin chargers plus integral 3kw inverter
• Fischer Panda 5kva generator
• Spectra watermaker
• Eberspacher 8kw diesel heating system
• Air-conditioning to starboard aft cabin
• Keel-cooled refrigerator
• B&G Hercules navigation instruments with mast-mounted 20/20’s
• Radar mounted on carbon transom pole
• PC system with plotter software
• SSB radio
• Thrane & Thrane satcom system
• Rod standing rigging – replaced 2011
• Andersen winches including electric halyard winch
• Carbon spinnaker pole
• North Sails wardrobe
• Symmetric and asymmetric cruising chute spinnakers with snuffers
• Removable inner forestay for staysail
• Bimini, sprayhood and awning
RECENT MAINTENANCE & UPGRADES:
• New mainsail (2017)
• New Sprayhood fitted 2021
• Most skin fittings replaced (2019/20/21)
• Domestic batteries replaced (2019)
• All machinery (engine, generator, watermaker, aircon) all serviced and winterized August 2021
• Refrigeration compressors checked 2021
• Toilet in forward heads replaced 2021
• New leather cover to steering wheel 2020
XII Bar Blues was conceived as a cruising yacht to be equipped for comfortable long-distance sailing whilst providing the outstanding sailing performance for which X-Yachts are justifiably famous. The yacht was shown at the London Earls Court boat show and the detailed specification of numerous modifications to the standard specification were developed in close cooperation with the designer and factory.
We chose the X-442 over other yachts because of the strength, integrity and quality of her construction (including the X-Yachts massive, galvanised floor frame which takes all rig and keel loads). All scantlings, right from the laminate of the hull and decks to the dimensions and choice of materials for the rudder stock, keel bolts and chainplates are controlled and approved by the highly respected American Bureau of Shipping
XII Bar Blues has cruised successfully in the English Channel, The Iberian Peninsula & Algarve, the Caribbean and the Mediterranean. She has a 14-day trans-Atlantic crossing to her credit and is quite capable of 200 miles a day in the right conditions. Apart from the ARC crossing she has never been raced.
Since 2006 she has been kept ashore apart from the two or three months of the year when she cruises the western Mediterranean.
In 2010/11/12 she was the subject of a substantial refit which included;
• Renewal of the solid rod standing rigging
• A new 5Kva generator
• Painting in white Awlgrip in the style of the new X-yachts.
• The addition of a retractable bow thruster to facilitate ‘Mediterranean” mooring
• Electric Halyard winch (which also furls the headsail)
• Air conditioning fitted to the starboard aft cabin
• Replacement of the underwater epoxy protection
We wish her new owners fair winds and following seas.
For those that missed out, Grabau International has a number of other similar yachts available for sale including:
Do you have a yacht like this to sell? Grabau International are always looking for new high quality cruising yacht listings both in the UK and internationally. For further information about our tailored brokerage services, please look here or feel free to contact us.
Strictly Necessary Cookies
Strictly Necessary Cookie should be enabled at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings.
If you disable this cookie, we will not be able to save your preferences. This means that every time you visit this website you will need to enable or disable cookies again.