Fabulously well-presented 1999-launched example of this very rare Holman & Pye designed aft cockpit deck saloon bluewater cruiser from Oyster.
FURTHER BROKER’S COMMENTS:
With just seven built between 1996 and 2002, the Holman & Pye designed Oyster 42 aft-cockpit deck-saloon is a rare and highly sought after by bluewater cruiser.
CELTIC OYSTER is hull number 4 and is now in only her third ownership since new, and in her current ownership she has proven herself to be an immensely capable offshore cruiser; venturing as far afield as Norway, Sweden, Finland, Denmark, Germany, Netherlands and France.
Below decks the cherry wood interior creates a modern bright interior with a traditional feel. She has her master cabin forward with en-suite heads, a spacious saloon and galley with a dedicated navigation station and an aft cabin and separate heads.
Reluctantly offered for sale she comes with a comprehensive inventory including :
• Topsides finished in white gelcoat, polished and waxed spring 2022
• Underwater hull finished in navy antifouling applied spring 2022
• Volvo Penta MD22, 59hp marine diesel engine, serviced March 2022
• Volvo Penta sail drive with 3 blade, bronze folding propellor fitted 2013
• Vetus bow thruster, 50kgf
• Rolls Surette 6 FS-GC-HC Domestic Battery Bank (4x 6v Cells, 460Ah combined) installed new May 2022
• MasterVolt Combi charger/invertor 12VDC/50amp 230Vdc/1200W
• Raymarine ST60+ Depth/Speed/Log/Wind Navigation instrumentation
• Raymarine E90w MFD with chart plotter and radar functionality x2
• Raymarine 2kW radome scanner, mounted on mast
• Raymarine AIS Transciever
• Raymarine smartpilot autopilot system
• Raymarine RAY240E DSCVHF with handsets at chart table and in cockpit
• SMEV 7000T, 4 burner, grill and oven gas cooker, gimbal mounted.
• Daewoo microwave oven
• Webasto Airtop Evo 5500 diesel-fired blown air heating system
• Deck stepped, double spreader, masthead sloop rig with in-mast roller reefing mainsail
• Mainsail, Genoa, Yankee, cruising chute and storm jib
• 2x Lewmar 54, electric, self-tailing, two-speed manual primary winches
• Zodiac cannister liferaft, 6 person.
• Raymarine Lifetag MOB system
Lying afloat on her mooring at Creran Marine (a short drive from Oban) the Oyster 42 CELTIC OYSTER is available for viewing strictly by prior appointment.
MANUFACTURER’S AND PRESS COMMENTS:
The only aft cockpit deck saloon Oyster design, the 42 moved the owner’s stateroom forward, resulting in an attractive low profile hull, and deep, safe aft cockpit. Oyster launched seven 42s between 1996 and 2002.
‘The 42’s natural advantage starts with the fact that her cockpit is well laid out. Add to this the positive and direct action of the helm, and her well balanced feel under sail, and you have a sweet, well behaved yacht which is a doddle to handle’. Yachting World.
‘The whole interior has a satisfying feeling of quality.’ Yachting Monthly.
1999-launched Oyster 42 – CELTIC OYSTER – Asking £199,000 UK VAT paid – full details here
Do you have a yacht like this to sell? Grabau International are always looking for new high quality cruising yacht listings both in the UK and internationally. For further information about our tailored brokerage services, please look here or feel free to contact us.
Strictly Necessary Cookies
Strictly Necessary Cookie should be enabled at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings.
If you disable this cookie, we will not be able to save your preferences. This means that every time you visit this website you will need to enable or disable cookies again.