New Listing – 2010 Baltic Yachts 65 Custom
Grabau International is delighted to announce the new listing of the 2010 Baltic Yachts 65 Custom ‘CASTIGO’.
Ultra-quick, telescopic keel custom Baltic from 2010, known in a previous incarnation as STIG. Extensively refitted in 2016 and 2019. 100% ready to go. A yacht with no equals.
FURTHER BROKER’S COMMENTS:
The Baltic 65 CASTIGO (ex STIG) is probably one of the most high-performance boats ever constructed at Baltic Yachts’ yard, with the owner intending to be very competitive under the IRC rating rule against all-out race yachts such as the STP65. “It won’t be a Spartan race boat,” says Project Manager Jonas Krokvik, “because it still has a full interior. But there have been some important concessions to weight. For example there is no teak on the deck, it is painted instead to save weight and reduce heeling moment.”. A racing yacht should preferably have a very deep keel whereas a cruising yacht should reach also shallow waters. Therefore CASTIGO has a telescopic lifting keel that is located completely outside and does not influence the interior or limit the cabin arrangements.
For cruising the telescopic keel will make CASTIGO a versatile yacht for visiting shallow bays and harbours, with the 4.1M draft capable of reducing by 1.2M. The interior layout is very interesting combining a twin cockpit deck layout with a single aft entrance. This enables an interior layout with a saloon area aft and all living space forward. The interior is very modern, yet of the very highest quality imaginable.
Together with Rolf Vrolijk a number of VPP studies were run on various Length/Beam, Displacement/Length plus Sail Area/ Displacement ratios in order to optimize the yacht as much as possible to meet the given conditions. All these various concept, layout and performance studies that resulted in the Baltic 65 have been worked out in cooperation between Baltic Yachts, judel/ vrolijk & co, R&J Design and Baltic Yachts’ representative in Italy, Alessandro Vismara.
Substantially refitted in 2016 and 2019 with a focus on ultra-fast cruising, STIG was renamed CASTIGO. Her ighlights include:-
• Repainting of deck and bowsprit
• Unstep rig and ultrasound mast, boom and spreaders
• Repaint boom and 1/3 of the mast
• New Reckmann furler for jib
• Overhaul and refinish Carbon winches
• New Millennium Monolithic sails
• Hall Spars SCR Airfoil standing Rigging
• Replace plexiglass skylights with glass ones
• Revision and repainting of carbon rigging
• New telescopic legs to cockpit table which transform the cockpit into a huge sundeck
• New sprayhood for central cockpit
• Overhaul of deck gear
• New helm pedestals
• Refinishing of sole boards
• New induction cooker
• New Corian countertops
• Remodelled saloon seating
• New 8kw generator
• Overhaul of electrical systems with replacement network cables and Mastervolt & B&G interfaces
• New JP3 self-aligning bearing
• Engine replaced 2019
• Titan pulpits and stations
• Sumbrella coach rouf protection – 2019
• Low-friction twin headsail foil – 2019
• Racing lightweight mattresses
• Carbon fibre carbon look floor plates
• Lightweigh transom door
• Brunton two blades folding propeller
Baltic Yachts 65 Custom – Castigo – Asking Euro 1,460,000 VAT paid – full details here
Do you have a yacht like this to sell? Grabau International are always looking for new high quality cruising yacht listings both in the UK and internationally. For further information about our tailored brokerage services, please look here or feel free to contact us.