Fabulously well-presented example of this very rare Holman & Pye designed aft cockpit deck saloon bluewater cruiser from Oyster.
FURTHER BROKER’S COMMENTS:
KAPARDA is Oyster 42 hull number 2. With her original owners from leaving the factory she has enjoyed cruising around Scotland and Ireland. Below decks the oak wood interior creates a modern bright interior with a traditional feel. She has her master cabin forward with en-suite heads, a spacious saloon and galley with a dedicated navigation station and an aft cabin and separate heads. Reluctantly offered for sale she comes with a comprehensive inventory including :
• Topsides finished in white gelcoat, polished spring 2022
• Volvo Penta MD22, 59hp marine diesel engine, serviced autumn 2022
• Volvo Penta sail drive with 3 blade, bronze folding propellor
• Victron Phoenix Combi charger/invertor 12VDC/50amp 230Vdc/1200W
• Raymarine ST60+ Depth/Speed/Log/Wind Navigation instrumentation
• Raymarine E80 Classic MFD on binnacle and at chart table
• Raymarine 2kW radome scanner, mounted on mast
• Raymarine AIS Transciever
• Raymarine smartpilot autopilot system
• Icom IC-M601 DSC VHF with handsets at chart table and in cockpit
• SMEV 7000T, 4 burner, grill and oven gas cooker, gimbal mounted.
• Webasto diesel fired wet system heating.
• Deck stepped, double spreader, masthead sloop rig with slab reefing mainsail
• Standing rigging replaced 2019
• Profurl C420 roller reefing system fitted new 2019
• Mainsail (2021), Genoa, Spinnaker and Gennaker
• 2x Andersen 52, electric, self-tailing, two-speed manual primary winches
• Cannister liferaft, 6 person.
Lying ashore at Ardfern Yacht Centre, Ardfern the Oyster 42 KAPARDA is available for viewing strictly by prior appointment.
MANUFACTURER’S AND PRESS COMMENTS:
The only aft cockpit deck saloon Oyster design, the 42 moved the owner’s stateroom forward, resulting in an attractive low profile hull, and deep, safe aft cockpit. Oyster launched seven 42s between 1996 and 2002.
‘The 42’s natural advantage starts with the fact that her cockpit is well laid out. Add to this the positive and direct action of the helm, and her well balanced feel under sail, and you have a sweet, well behaved yacht which is a doddle to handle’. Yachting World.
‘The whole interior has a satisfying feeling of quality.’ Yachting Monthly.
Do you have a yacht like this to sell? Grabau International are always looking for new high quality cruising yacht listings both in the UK and internationally. For further information about our tailored brokerage services, please look here or feel free to contact us.
Enter your details below to receive our monthly email newsletter and further news on upcoming events and services.