Price Reduction – 2010 20m Traditional Swedish Wooden Ketch
Grabau International is delighted to announce a substantial price reduction for the 2010 20m Traditional Swedish Wooden Ketch ‘VILJA’.
Launched in 2010, VILJA is a classically-styled ketch-cutter constructed from locally and sustainably sourced Larch and Douglas Fir.
FURTHER BROKER’S COMMENTS:
Simply stunning Swedish traditional ketch built in 2010 in locally and sustainably sourced Larch and Douglas Fir. VILJA benefits from an easily managed ketch/cutter rig with self-tacking staysail and self-tailing winches for main halyards and checkstays. Below decks VILJA features an absolutely beautiful hand-crafted Elm interior with a versatile interior layout affording up to 14 berths outside of the saloon. Her specification highlights include:-
• Larch hull with Douglas fir franes
• Larch deck
• Elm interior
• Lead encapsulated keel
• Ketch rig with white painted spars
• Furlers for genoa and staysail
• Self-tacking staysail
• Lewmar deck gear
• Volvo TAMD 60 200hp engine
• Battery charger and Inverter
• Ipad plotting
• Stern anchoring system
The VILJA project started on 23 November 2003 when a group of people gathered in Norra Strö to discuss whether there was interest in building a boat together. It was agreed to build a sailboat that could fulfil the wishes of the group and individuals as much as possible, so together we decided that we would jointly be responsible for design and construction. Several of the group members considered that the internal spaces and comfort onboard should be given priority and that it was essential that relatively many could stay on board at the same time. Based on the wishes, a half model was made for a boat that was just over 19 m long and 4.2 m wide.
Bengt Romell, who runs Snickeriverkstan in Killebro (formerly the company Bengts Båtbyggeri) was appointed to coordinate the work. Bengt was born in 1960 just south of Gothenburg and has been sailing since he was a child. He has extensive experience of renovating wooden boats but has also built a number of boats in both wood and GRP.
The construction was financed by the co-owners investing money and their own working hours. In the spring of 2004, the co-owner group had grown to 27 people. Above all, there were now, within the group, people with competence knowledge and resources in several areas:
• Machining and tools belonging to Kullaberg flooring, a company that manufactures solid wood floors, primarily of oak, were used for sawing and timber handling. The logs of oak, larch, douglas fir and elm, which were bought from local forest owners in the area, could be transported here.
• Woodworking and wood crafts were carried out with Snickeriverksta’n in Killebro’s machines. The land was also borrowed here where the boat could be built.
• All stainless steel work such as tanks, fittings, bolts etc. mm. was carried out by Thomas Henningsen who was employed at Hansén’s workshops, a company that worked a lot to manufacture stainless steel products e.g. Tetra Pak, Stora Enso, Flygt and various dairies.
• Mast and rig were assembled from parts such as Trinidad Rigging, provided us with, however, all stays and won were new. Calculations regarding strength and construction were made by Selden Mast AB. Jonas Romell from Trinidad Rigging made sure that everything was mounted correctly when the boat was rigged in Åhus.
• Mainsail and front jib have been sewn by Tuss Sails.
VILJA was launched in 2010 and has since sailed in the Swedish archipelago, sometimes on the west coast and sometimes on the east coast. Her hull shape provides a smooth and comfortable ride even in rougher seas and her large sail area provides relatively good speed even in lighter winds. She is now being sold to make room for new projects.
20m Traditional Swedish Wooden Ketch – ‘VILJA’ – Reduced in price by Euro 120,000. Now Asking Euro 160,000 VAT paid – full details here
Do you have a yacht like this to sell? Grabau International are always looking for new high quality cruising yacht listings both in the UK and internationally. For further information about our tailored brokerage services, please look here or feel free to contact us.