Beyond beautiful, 100% hand-crafted, Spirit of Tradition short-handed performance deck house cruiser in sparkling condition with fantastic specification and 100% ready to go.
FURTHER BROKER’S COMMENTS:
Without doubt one of the prettiest yachts afloat anywhere in the world today, the Spirit Yachts 60 Deck House strikes the perfect balance between classic style, modern performance, practicality, short-handed abilities and interior comfort. In this respect she has no peers.
Designed by Sean McMillan and hand-crafted in the UK for the very finest timbers, with ultra-modern aspects where needed, SPIRIT OF RANI was first launched in 2013 and has remained in the same ownership ever since. Her demanding and experienced owner had a specific design brief to create a yacht that would be easy to sail single or twin handed, could perform well on the racecourse and most importantly, would stop people in the tracks as they walk the dock. SPIRIT OF RANI fulfilled all these targets and more.
Built regardless of cost, employing the best of everything available, SPIRIT OF RANI boasts a fantastic specification, highlights of which include:-
• Douglas Fir and Khaya Mahogany planking, epoxy bonded with 12 coats of Durapox and 6 coats of Awlcraft 2000 clear epoxy varnish to create a haed-wearing, long-lived mirror wood finish.
• Raised deck house profile with upper and lower saloons. Upper navigation station for all-weathers navigation and excellent 360 degrees outward vision.
• Traditional interior construction in Mahogany with extensive use of solid timbers
• Lead bulbed performance keel with 38% ballast ratio and epoxy carbon sheathed blade rudder
• Steyr 100hp diesel engine with wet exhaust system
• Mastervolt electrics with twin chargers, inverter and galvanic isolator
• Battery banks replaced 2018
• Mastervolt Whipser 8kva generator
• Seafresh 220vAC reverse osmosis watermaker
• Webasto reverse cycle air-conditioning system
• 2x Fridges and freezer
• Electric freshwater flush heads
• B&G navigation equipment with 20/20 displays in cockpit, 4G radar and Simrad plotters above and below decks
• WiFi antenna
• Bose speaker system and TV and amplified mast antenna
• Custom Spars carbon fibre rig with Harken battencars and Switch track for easier mainsail handling
• Electric genoa furling with sub-deck furler
• Harken electric winch package in polished stainless steel
• Furling reacher sail
• ONE Sails sail package
• Tender and outboard
Beautifully kept and fastidiously maintained, SPIRIT OF RANI is now offered to make way for a smaller day/weekender and is priced substantially below a new-build project price.
I always wanted to have a classic looking sailing yacht, but with the performance and comfort of a new and modern example. Only very few shipyards were able to offer such a type of yacht, and Spirit Yachts were able to design a deckhouse concept for me, and offer the supreme quality of work I was looking for.
The plan was to do some extensive sailing in the Caribbean with my wife (short-handed), which we did for 3 seasons. Thereafter we brought SPIRIT OF RANI back to Europe. Having enjoyed sailing her twin-handed around Sardinia and Corsica, we headed to the South of France, where SPIRIT OF RANI can now be found and is now offered for sale to make way for a smaller day/weekend cruiser.
It is without a doubt that the next owner of SPIRIT OF RANI will be a person who appreciates the first class quality build, beauty and ease of handling, as well as the great performance, proven by our results while in the Caribbean. SPIRIT OF RANI is designed in such a way, that she can be handled by just one person without any problems, which I have done on many trips. Her mahogany hull is an eye-catcher and receives continuous appreciates from most sailing enthusiasts. It is therefore with a very heavy heart that SPIRIT OF RANI must now find her new custodian.
“The deckhouse range is designed with the option for long distance cruising in comfort, with full visibility and easy communication from the helm but with a style and performance that’s very hard to find these days.”
Sean McMillan – Head designer and CEO Spirit Yachts
The Spirit DH60 was first launched from the Spirit yard in 2013, and in the same year she made her racing debut at the Antigua Classics. Proving Spirit Deckhouse designs are more than capable of competing successfully, the DH60 picked up three ‘First of Class’ awards, including a first in class, concours class win and first in the single-handed race.
The brief for the first 60-foot Spirit Deckhouse was a classically designed yacht set up for easy short-handed sailing that was comfortable enough to spend long periods of time living onboard. The result was a stylish, yet practical yacht.
As with all deckhouse Spirits, the raised coachroof with panel windows provides near-360 degree views of the horizon. An interior a navigation table within the deckhouse offers a helm position protected from the elements. The raised coachroof also houses a great social area with port and starboard sofas. Natural light floods in from the panel windows and crew and guests can watch the passing coastline or horizon in comfort.
The DH60 is primarily a cruising yacht but as mentioned above she can be adapted to compete at regattas if required. Her lightweight hull, carbon spars and modern deck equipment facilitate performance sailing for both cruising and racing.
Do you have a yacht like this to sell? Grabau International are always looking for new high quality cruising yacht listings both in the UK and internationally. For further information about our tailored brokerage services, please look here or feel free to contact us.
Enter your details below to receive our monthly email newsletter and further news on upcoming events and services.