Price Reduction – 2018 Solaris 50
Launched 2018. Huge spec, and very well-presented latest generation Solaris 50 with 2.60m draft keel and almost every possible option ticked.
FURTHER BROKER’S COMMENTS:
LIGA is a beautifully-presented 2018-launched one owner example of the Sail Magazine ‘Best Boat’ winning Solaris 50. Fitted out with a huge specification for fast and comfortable cruising, LIGA ticks pretty much every possible box.
Her specification highlights include:-
• 3-cabin, 2-heads layout with master cabin forward
• Teak joinery
• 2.60m medium draft keel option
• Dark blue painted topsides
• Elvstrom EPEX carbon/technora membrane sail wardrobe with furling gennaker and Code Zero
• Harken electric winch package
• Harken jib furler and deck gear
• Volvo 75hp engine
• 3-bladed variable-pitch propeller
• 24vDC retractable bowthruster
• Fischer Panda 5000i variable speed generator
• Osmosea 12vDC watermaker
• Webasto diesel heating
• Fridge and fridge/freezer
• Electric heads
• Holding tanks
• Washing machine
• Complete B&G instrument package with mast-mounted 20/20’s
• B&G Zeus plotters with AIS transponder
• Teak decks with light grey caulking
• Sprayhood and bimini
• Tender garage
After the success of the 48-footer, which was first introduced in 2006 and which is still a reference when it comes to design, performance and functionality to all owners, designers and engineers, Solaris renews the challenge in the 15-meter market with the ground-breaking new Solaris 50. With the new 50-foot yacht Solaris wants to continue the success of the Solaris 48. In the 8 years of market presence the 48 has conquered not only the European market but also found owners on all other continents. The goal is to combine new solutions with proven systems and implement these to the 50-foot model by building an evolutionary yacht with the most innovative standards for the next decade. With this new 50-foot yacht we are convinced to have achieved all objectives because of the following 10 reasons:
1. After the 44, 58 and 72, the new 50′ represents the latest evolutionary step of the hull lines designed by Soto Acebal, where the balance of the hull is demonstrated by high performance and smooth sailing on the water;
2. Functional and minimalistic distribution of deck gear – only 4 winches positioned by the wheels, to allow easy handling at the helm position, as well as the self-tacking jib, with recessed track;
3. Completely foldaway sprayhood;
4. integrated bowsprit to attach new generation sails such as gennaker and code 0;
5. sail locker large enough to enable the option of a crew berth;
6. guest head with separate shower cubicle and wet locker which drains into the shower bilge;
7. aft cabin with twin standard size berths;
8. Improved use of space in the saloon: larger galley and storage space and fridge with drawers; 2 possible options for the navigation area (outboard and traditional), both versions with quarter-berth against the sofa;
9. large tender garage with wide transom door to enable launching the tender without the need to rotate it;
10. dedicated liferaft pod.
“The Solaris 50 is the melodious meeting of South American design flare with Italian styling. Does she have the substance to match her style? The quality of build and finish is excellent. She has a feeling of luxury, is an absolute pleasure to helm and she has engineering to equal her looks.
This is the second excellent new Italian yacht I’ve sailed recently – the other was the Italia Yachts 15.98 – and the latter shares that shortcoming of shallow benches in an exposed cockpit. But just how much time would you spend trying to sit on a windward cockpit bench while sailing to windward?
Owners of the modern Solaris production range predominantly sail in the Mediterranean, where it’s about enjoying the conditions, not sheltering from them.
Yes, she heels easily, but strap the crew in and enjoy the ride, because this is where she excels. The flat deck and accessible bathing platform make so much more sense when the majority of sailing time is spent in pleasant conditions, rather than parting ocean swells. But note that the Solaris 50 is nonetheless a moderate displacement performance cruiser, with plenty of hull below the waterline, and not some lightweight flyer.
The Solaris 50 is a bona fide trendsetter. She is sexy, elegant and sophisticated, and, to my mind, the most stylish Mediterranean production yacht to date.”
Toby Hodges – Yachting World
Solaris 50 – LIGA – Now asking Euro 650,000 ex VAT – full details here
Do you have a yacht like this to sell? Grabau International are always looking for new high quality cruising yacht listings both in the UK and internationally. For further information about our tailored brokerage services, please look here or feel free to contact us.